[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate interesting characters /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: div.png (1MB, 1056x792px) Image search: [Google]
div.png
1MB, 1056x792px
Why do you hate interesting characters /co/?
>>
>>91275369
Which ones? Because the ones you've posted mostly could have the potential to be good if Marvel's current crop of writers wasn't so shit
>>
>>91275369
That's a cool elseworld. Is it from Exiles or something?
>>
>>91275391
I generally think this too.
>>
>>91275369
Marvel Intern get lost.
>>
>>91275391
Miles and Gwenpool are the only ones beyond saving tbfh
>>
>>91275369
nope, in fact we like Spawn
>>
>>91275369
what did prowler do besides get NotKilled and become a clone
>>
>>91275369
Hey wait has miles eyes always been fucked up like that?
>>
>>91276338
The Prowler mini was such a shitshow.
>>
>>91275369
>comics are too white
>make all of the characters black and brown
>this is somehow better
>>
>>91276382
When I heard he was getting a comic and the preview art looked all right, I was tempted to buy it. But then I read the Clone Conspiracy shit and decided not to buy the series since it was tied to that shitshow.
>>
>>91275369

I don't, that's why I don't read Marvel anymore they killed off all the good characters
>>
>>91276118
Except Gwenpool is good in her own book.
>>
>>91275369
Funny that the only one worth a damn, Robbie Reyes, is not in that pic
>>
Because they aren't written that way. Except Kamala.
>>
>>91275369
>niggers
>interesting

Yeah watermelon is super cool gaiz
>>
>>91275369
from where miles is hanging? it seems a wasteland
>>
>>91276118
Gwenpool's fine. I feel like Riri is further from saving than Miles, and even she could be salvaged with a bit off effort. Make her a mech pilot
>>
>>91276415
I've heard that Slapstick was actually decent, or at least interesting, but the only one I read worth a damn was Foolkiller. It feels like you get one decent or semi-decent book out of each of these Marcel pushes, and that's definitely a writer/editorial problem over anything else. Any character has the potential to be interesting but they have to be written to back it up.
>>
File: 13191514264.jpg (47KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
13191514264.jpg
47KB, 640x482px
>>91276398
I hate this the most. For some reason with old likable characters with their own roles to which people already get used to, they decided to REVERSE EVERYTHING. Was white? Will be Black! Was man? Will be Chick. Was Green Giant of Soup? Will be OH GOD(s) ITS GODZIRA-MAN!!1

Also... gvenpool? Really? The comic about best character ever made become comic about fapable male content with stupid costume and ANIMEISREAL.txt jokes. Disgusting.
>>
>>91276715
Deadpool wasn't cancelled for Gwenpool, was it?
>>
I wanted so badly to like Miles but Bendis seems to be stuck in a loop that's only ever interrupted b another bullshit event. What's even happening in his book anymore? Didn't he get unmasked a year ago or something?
>>
>>91275369
Sell me on any of those characters without mentioning their race or gender.
>>
>>91276858
Quirky.
...That's all I got.
>>
>>91275391
Agree 100% with this.
The writers at Marvel couldn't execute their ideas well, but decided to double-down instead of taking a step back to see where the character was compared to where they wanted them to be.

For example, Silk, Jane Thor, and Riri have a really decent amount of potential for stories, but these characters just get relegated to being equivalents instead of allowing them to really flesh out.
(Riri's getting there, tho.)

It's really a shame. I like a ton of the characters in that pic, but I want them to be done better.
>>
File: uncle-tom.jpg (33KB, 486x366px) Image search: [Google]
uncle-tom.jpg
33KB, 486x366px
>>91275391
This. It's insulting when they think I should eat their shit because it's diverse.
>Thanks fo puttin me inna comic massa!
Fuck off. Like anyone likes the fact that they kill off or humiliate staples of the comic industry and replace them with knock offs. New characters aren't going to hide bad writing, in fact, even badly written characters that are popular can still depend on their legacy to prop up sales, new characters don't even have that.

Kamala was the only one worth a shit and Marvel's shitty events ruined her, Cho was far better before he was Hulk and Miles was fucked because they shifted him from another universe before giving him a personality.
>>
>>91276858
>Sell me on any of those characters without mentioning their race or gender.
Can I at least use gender pronouns here?

>Here ya go, my sales pitch for Mosaic
An up and coming basketball star's rise to the top is interrupted when his mutant powers activate. To his shock and horror, through the use of his powers, he discovers that he was groomed for his career by his father since a young age, and that his entire life has been a carefully packaged product. Nothing he thinks he has achieved is really his. Even his fiancee that he thought was in love with him is really an actress hired by his father to play the part.

He comes to reject his father's domination of his life and sets out to find who he is, aided by his mutant powers which allow him to peer into the heads of others and see their lives and memories (and also to take control of them, rendering himself entirely invulnerable and free from all sense of drama and threat, which is actually where the book really fails as a narrative device).

He is... MOSAIC.
>>
>>91275369
because they are poorly written

young adult MIT engineer in a self made mech suit themed after optimus prime and other kapanese cartoon mechs, rocket punches and all ? great idea!

successor spiderman, last survivor from another universe where our spiderman died? great idea!

banner plus level teen genius with their own inner deamons and teenage hormones, but whose lack of self-doubt/falsification means their hulk form is a douchey jock instead of mindlessly angry, which then bleeds into their main self? great idea!

person with completely unrelated superpowers or origin up and decides to make themself the next in a legacy of superheroes with a very specific power set/origin, has local slice of life adventures dealing with personal themes overcoming difficulties not just with powers but inspiration from their self proclaimed legacy? great idea!

person from the "real world" who obsesses with the marvel comics universe thrown into a comic book universe fully aware of the narrative constraints, goes slightly insane and becomes an anti-villain? great idea!

but then they get run into the ground by marvels obsession to "be diverse"
>>
>>91275369
We already had interesting characters. And they were replaced by pointless "diversity" pushing meme characters. Would could a 15 year old "girl genius" meme character do that couldn't have been done 10 times better than Tony Stark?
>>
>>91276555
Or even just let her keep the semi-mech suit she made instead of having tony while pretending to be dead giver her a shitty iron man knock off without any of her personal design quirks.

I want rocket punches dammit!
>>
>>91275369
>Miles Morales was already around long before "diversity" became a thing in comics
>ReRe Williams is a pointless meme character
>America I don't know about. Kind of neat.
>Squirrel Girl has been around even longer than Miles and never replaced anyone. Don't know what the fuss is about
>Pussy eating Hulk
>Lesbian Hawkeye
>Gwenpool is pointless
>Doctor Strange has been around forever
>No idea who the green and purple condomlooking guy is in the background
>>
>>91276969
Miles has his own personality though. As a character there are several layers to him. If you don't like him that's one thing but to say he doesn't have a personality is simply dishonest.
>>
>>91278104
Describe it.
>>
>>91278104
>Miles has his own personality though. As a character there are several layers to him.
His personality is literally 99% the same as any of Bendis' other main characters.
>>
>>91278229
Easy.

Miles is a character who at first notice seems to have grown up in a loving well to do family with his mother and his father. And a uncle that he thought was pretty cool. Miles is at first glance a pretty ok kid whom usually does well in school. He has friends though he doesn't seek friends out. And there is a certain cool about him he often tries to mantain.

Anyway it turns out that his father and his uncle were both gangsters at one time or another. His uncle was basically a pretty terrible person as Miles discovers. All this helps develeop some of the emotional conflicts Miles has. He is like his father and his uncle in some ways and yet in other ways he isn't. Thus as a hero Miles constantly represses certain parts of himself for fear of allowing them to overcome him. As a hero he has doubts that he'll make it. Yeah, he's Spider-Man now but he's realistically one bad day away from becoming something bad. Really bad. His home life at times can be timultous. And he has this anger, this darkness, this malice inside him that he sometimes releases in bad ways. For example being Spider-Man can serve as an outlet for him to hurt or harass criminals for no reason but in order to alleviate what's going on inside him. His friends don't understand. All the while he feels that others in the news or in society are putting labels on him because of his skin color that he does not want. While dealing with these issues he has to deal with a mother that's not ready for her son to be Spider-Man and a father who has lied to his mother about his past since day one. This all ultimately falls on Miles shoulders as he basically tries to figure things out by himself without someone to guide him.
>>
>>91278041
Yeah, like, "in-a-bedroom-with-a-box-of-scraps Iron Mechsuit with rocket punches and force fields" actually sounds pretty cool, and they could've Kamala'd it up; do stuff about the nature of university life and the difficulty of keeping a secret ID when you're that close to everyone you know.
But, no, Bendis and straight-to-knockoff-Iron-Man.
>>
>>91275369
Who's the cybernetic Doctor Manhattan looking guy in the corner?

He actually looks interesting.
>>
>>91275369
>Too realistic Gewnpool
Fail
>Sexy America
Something we're not allowed now
>Bare midriff Hawkeye Girl
I like Kate, lord knows they won't let her has this
>Grown up Miles
WTF?
>Ms Marvel
The darling before she became political.
>New Wasp
Meh.
>Normal Dr Sctrange
That's just weird
>Cho Hulk looking like normal Hulk
WTF!? Cho Hulk was dumb anyway
>Shitty SG and Moon Girl
Fuck them, still shit
>Ironheart
Still dumb. Looks like knock off Detroit Steel before the AMERICA!!! FUCK YEAH!! paintjob
>I can't actually name the others, so they must be shit
>>
>>91278781
The thing is, most of this proves that his cast is more interesting than he is. Additionally, much of this development is intertwined in multiple continuities. His original motivation for Spider-Man was with Peter's death being his Uncle Ben moment was lost.
>>
>>91278991
>Cho Hulk looking like normal Hulk
Don't you see his slanty gook monster eyes?
>>
>>91275369
Only decent character here is Cho. Gweenpool's buck is okay, but that could jsut be the art. Miles it whatever, and Squirrel Girl is ruined.
>>
>>91279019
How so? I explained Miles issues. He's lied to his mother about his dual life as Spider-Man and yet shared it with his father. Miles intentionally kept her out of it likely because of the fear that she could die again. Yes, Miles remembers the Ultimate Universe and everything that happened there. Miles once had to live on his own for awhile with both his parents gone. He lied to those he care about everyday even to those in his close circle that know he's Spider-Man. Miles' repressed emotions led essentially to him killing his uncle proving he has every bit of the dark streak they had. As Spider-Man he shows no sympathy for his foes and nor does he hold back much. He does this simply because he doesn't really care what happens to them. Miles only cares about how he'll perceived if he does something bad to them. That's what scares Miles. His lack of concern for the welfare of others.

Oh and as far as Peter is concerned. Miles really became spider-man in the long run because 1. Others forced it on him. 2. Because he wanted to prove to himself that he is different from his family 3. Because he realize the world needs him to be spider-man 4. Because it allows him to blow off steam in a way he won't get in trouble
>>
>>91278229
He's cowerdly, always needs a pep talk, low self-esteem, fears he's gonna end up a villain, and wishy washy
>>
>>91278950
Mosaic. Inhuman offbrand Deadman with an alpha-jock-Kanye-West personality.
I like him well enough but I don't particularly care about him.
He, Gravity and a couple of other failure-to-launch characters should team up.
>>
>>91280603
Miles has never been a coward. He doesn't need pep talks. He genuinely didn't want to be Spider-Man again and with good reason. Miles wasn't pep talked back into it being Spider-Man, he was more so dragged back into it kicking and screaming.

And low self esteem? Miles is a very confident young man at this point. If anything Peter was the one with low self esteem.

He doesn't think he'll end up a villain. He just has doubts and concerns that he's not necessarily cut out for heroism.

I get it you don't like the character but sheesh.
>>
>>91280956
I can see that happening. They could be called "Marvel's Misfits" or something like that. Have Howard The Duck join in as the Martian Manhunter stand in.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.