[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's new Scooby Doo? The mid 2000s pop punk, vegan shaggy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What's new Scooby Doo? The mid 2000s pop punk, vegan shaggy, and rad mystery gang. Thoughts?
>>
File: daphne.png (149KB, 447x436px) Image search: [Google]
daphne.png
149KB, 447x436px
It's the one I grew up watching so I obviously have a bias, but I think it's one of the best. No gimmicks, just the gang doing their thing.

I can't stand the Scrappy seasons from the 70s and 80s, and the series after 'what's new' are all about attempting to change the formula to some degree. What's New Scooby-Doo was just a straight up modern production version of Scooby-Doo Where are you.

ps Daphne is best girl velmafags >>>>/out/
>>
File: Daphne drive.jpg (743KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Daphne drive.jpg
743KB, 1916x1076px
>>91269100
>>
>>91268259
They always reuse this theme song for all the movies for some reason.
>>
I grew up with both (my parents had bought the original and this and I saw more of the incarnations on boomerang)

A lot of people give it flack for the way it 'modernizes' the gang's clothes, but in my unpopular opinion I actually like some of the redesigns.

There were of course the occasional guest star appearances that didn't quite gel with me and/or extremely stupid episodes that seem like an asspull or were just kinda retarded but on the whole it's an ok show for what it was trying to be. Nothing deep of course.
>>
Best Scooby Doo theme song. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>91268259
It was actually good, but it wasn't anything too special. It was an enjoyable cartoon that never did anything amazing.
>God Tier
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
Scooby Doo Mystery Inc
>Great Tier
Scooby Doo, Where are You?
Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost
Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders
>Good Tier
What's New Scooby Doo and its Movies
Pup Named Scooby Doo
Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase
>Meh Tier
Be Cool, Scooby Doo
>Bad Tier
Theatrical Live Action Movies
>Shit Tier
Shaggy and Scooby Doo get a Clue (Velma was still waifu material though)
Scooby Doo! The Mystery Begins
Scooby Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster

>campy/batshit insane tier
Kiss movie and other recent movies
>>
>>91269541
>cyber chase not in god tier, above all else
>>
>>91269541
Where does The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo rank?
>>
>>91269565
The culprit is super obvious from the beginning. I used to really like it but I guess its the one Scooby Doo I kinda grew out of. Still a pretty good movie though.
>>91269589
Truth to be told, I haven't watched it in so long that I can't rank it. I hardly remember anything about it.
>>
It was probably the best Scooby Doo show that kept to the original. There are better Scooby Doo shows out there for sure, but the ones that are better did their own thing rather than trying to stick to the classic formula like this one did.
>>
>>91269541
Be Cool is high tier. Humor that actually makes me smile if not laugh and one of the best Daphnes.
>>
>>91268259
WHAT'S NEW SCOOBY-DOO
>>
>>91270318
THE JEWS ARE COMING AFTER YOU
>>
>>91269589
Special Tier: it has so many flaws and yet is so awesome it's literally unrankable
not original anon obviously
>>
>>91269650
>unironically liking Be Cool
GET OUT
>>
>>91268259

I never felt like it tried too hard to modernize itself, which would have been a massive pitfall for a series that was 30+ years old at the time.

Not bad at all.
>>
>>91270899
There's nothing wrong with Be Cool. It's a bit more widgety, but still a solid modern update of the basic principles
>>
>>91270992
The art style alone makes it entirely unwatchable.
>>
>>91268259
>vegan shaggy
That one was Casey Kasem's fault. It was his headcanon that Shaggy was vegan, so he got pissy any time writers tried to make him eat meat in newer series.
>>
>>91269482
>>91270318
That theme song was in my head for days after listening to it the first time
>>
>>91271431
Why is it that one of the only times a voice actor actually intervenes in the writing, it's not to complain about actual shitty writing?
>>
>>91268259
It always annoyed me how much of a pussy Shaggy was in this adaption. I know that's his thing, but they really cranked it up to eleven in this one.

The Valentine's Day episode was the best and legit funny.
>>
>>91271003
It's a minor thing for me, but I get that.

I think the episodes are fine to pretty well done overall.
>>
>>91268259
Grew up watching this (and 13 Ghosts) so I remember this series the most compared to the others.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but rewatching it nowadays, it's a mixed bag. Some episodes are enjoyable, others are a little lacking. But overall it isn't that bad a show.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.