[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 10

File: vtbbljfx1di90x32dgdv.png (752KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
vtbbljfx1di90x32dgdv.png
752KB, 800x450px
Rebirth was supposed to be about making good books, but it's been around a year since the launch, and all we've ended up with is a line of middle of the road books.
>>
>>91268049
Sounds like you're a fag.
>>
Are you retarded? Rebirth is fantastic.
>>
>>91268049
Fan base turned to shit
>>
All the experimental, cool stuff from DC YOU is over at YA and classic cartoons.
>>
>>91268078
Maybe you just have low standards. I bet you post on plebbit and cbr too.
>>
Bob Harras is still Editor in Chief. That sort of puts a hard limit on how good your line can really be.

Rebirth didn't really solve any of the deeper problems DC has. It just undid New52's more unpopular blunders.
>>
>>91268193
>the deeper problems DC has
Such as?
>>
>>91268049
It's just cape comics have gone downhill lately. Mediocre writers like Johns and Bendis have too much influence on the genre and too much hold on their companies. Johns is also giving work to his old mediocre friends like Rucka, Waid and Dixon in stead of bringing someone fresh. Why doesn't Sebela have a series of his own?
>>
>>91268209
it's still too sjw

>duke being set up to be the next batman
>green lanterns are muslim and latino, while the whites are stuck on venditti containment
>nightwing is romani, and is knocking up a tumblr girl
>detective comics had a white male robin get killed off, batman is the most incompetent character in the book
>chinese superman
>gay aqualad
>green arrow "mansplains" too much
>rainbow colored justice league of america team
>wonder woman not being superman or batman's girlfriend
>>
>>91268282
>wonder woman not being superman or batman's girlfriend

Of all the shitty complaints to make, this is the shittiest
>>
>>91268307
It's bait senpai
>>
>>91268209
>Such as?
Wanting to reap without sowing. A near-religious belief that if they arrange their universe JUST RIGHT all of the readers will flock to them. The problem isn't the stories, it's the universe!
>>
>>91268311
>A near-religious belief that if they arrange their universe JUST RIGHT all of the readers will flock to them.
So far they're not wrong.
>>
Jurgens is a shit writer
Tomasi is pretty boring
King has not been killing it
Tyrions writing the same arc over and over
Superwoman is a mess
Orlando isn't good at dialogue and Supergirl was better in the Nw 52
all the Batgirl books are bad
Rucka is a faggot who's cool being complacent in killing Steph but has to be overprotective of his waifus
Booth drawing Wally
Venditti still writing GL
JLA terrible
Hitch's JL is questionable at best

the only good is New Super-Man, Red Hood, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns and Deathstroke
>>
>>91268209
Limited access to talented new writers.
Incompetent and stifling editors on major lines (particularly Superman and Wonder Woman).
Also what >>91268311 said.
>>
>>91268331
How is the editorial bad on Superman? WW is suffering from double shipping and treating every other issue as its own monthly but Superman has neen pretty solid.
>>
>>91268324
But anon RHATO is a Bat book.
>>
>>91268331
>Limited access to talented new writers.
Probably because most new writers aren't talented. Just look at Marvel.
>>
>>91268357
yeah, the only good one
>>
>>91268311
>The problem isn't the stories
I don't know or care about the universe, but they haven't been doing good in the stories department.

>Incompetent and stifling editors on Wonder Woman
WW is Rucka's mistake alone. He's been given free reign to do anything, even pick variant covers for the book, but all he can do is write shitty fanfic. Writers who have already completed a run on a character should never be brought back.
>>
>>91268366
Because Marvel hires colorists, journalists and YA fiction writers. whatever happened to DC's talent search writers?
>>
>>91268350
Look, I like Superman right now, but it's pretty obvious that they still have no actual idea what to do with him. They're just hanging around, using the return to old status quo as a substitute for direction and praying someone's gonna come in and figure it out by the time that runs out of steam.

Plus Superwoman is a mess, and Supergirl from what I hear isn't much better.
>>
>>91268370
Debatable. I really enjoy All Star Batman. Everything is readable to decent for the most part, although there has definitely been some weak shit. The only one that is outright trash is Batgirl. All that said, Id agree that RHATO is the only must read of the lot.

>>91268396
DC doesnt need to cultivate new talent, they just wait until Marvel pisses someone off and hires them
>>
>>91268366
Well, yes. But also because, with Vertigo gone, there's very little incentive for actually talented writers to come to DC.
>>
>>91268350
Superman is just all right at it's best. Tomasi is best while writing John, but doesn't know what to do with Superman. Multiplicity and Reborn were thrash.
>>
>>91268420
>Look, I like Superman right now, but it's pretty obvious that they still have no actual idea what to do with him.

I disagree. Although I agree that reboot his origin is kind of a tired concept they've done well enough so far that I am willing to give then leeway. Besides the central aspect of his character so far has been fatherhood and there is a lot left to explore there.
>>
>>91268432
Most "actually talented" new writers don't want to work on any big company. They'd rather do their own indie work. Any new writer that ends up in the big two usually is just awful to decent and is just bilding reputation to fuckoff somewhere else.
>>
>>91268467
>Multiplicity and Reborn were thrash.

Nigga what? In what way?
>>
>>91268372
>WW is Rucka's mistake alone. He's been given free reign to do anything, even pick variant covers for the book, but all he can do is write shitty fanfic. Writers who have already completed a run on a character should never be brought back.
The buck doesn't stop with Rucka. He's given free reign because his editors have no idea how to do their jobs, and haven't had one probably since his first run, maybe even farther down.
>>
>>91268471
That's just modern Image writers, most of whom are not really talented anyway. Brits were dedicated in their work for the big two, or whoever they worked for. It's been all downhill since the British Invasion ended.
>>
>>91268049
Shit creative teams and a desire to recycle plots and even creators on the same damn characters.
>>
>>91268471
That's what I said. Vertigo compensated for that by letting good writers do their own semi-indie thing in exchange for playing in DC's sandbox for a while. And now that's gone.
>>
>>91268260
Sebela is trash.
>>
>>91268282
Holy christ you are as triggered as triggered can be.
>>
>>91268487
He was given free reign to bring him back. He wouldn't have come if he was going to be interrupted by editors.
>>
>>91268487
I think Wonder Woman's really starting to pick up steam. A lot o the pieces are finally starting to click into place. It just feels slow as fuck because you actually have to wait a month between issues. If you read it all in one chunk it's pretty good. Not great and certainly shit compared to Rucka's previous run but entertaining enough.
>>
>>91268503
So basically Americans are lazy and untalented, compared to Europeans?
>>
>>91268539
Well that is generally true. All of your talented people die young from gun and shitty healthcare-related incidents. And racism.
>>
File: 1475900863842.png (138KB, 241x321px) Image search: [Google]
1475900863842.png
138KB, 241x321px
>>91268049
>>91268049
I don't agree. New 52 sucked more dick then you do, OP. Rebirth has been pretty good so far.and it's just getting warmed up. Haters like you can't even wait till it's over to start talking crap. I bet you walk around angry at everything in life. That's sad.
>>
>>91268432
If you're a new writer with not much experience you're not gonna make it big at Image. Image has become an IP farm for the likes of Remender or Lemire ), and they made their names known to a wide public through the big two.
The guy that did Red Thorn was pretty good, they couldn't given him a title/mini for Rebirth. Or look at Way, he brought in Castellucci and Rivera, none of whom are big names, hell, Vastellucci actually has quite the background in comics too. Then there's people like Nate Powell that said he constantly pitches to the big two. And Brendan McCarthy pitched a Creeper mini and a Dr. Fate series. And I've mentioned people that are known in the industry, there's always unknoesn that could be really good if given the chance(a mini). It's time to face the music, Rebirth is just creatively bankrupt by choice.
>>
>>91268535
>you actually have to wait a month between issues
How is this a problem for anyone that regularly reads comics? The dual storyline gimmick is actually a good idea. The problem is Cucka's writing.
>>
>>91268588
you know what's sad? being 32 and still not knowing how to properly use than and then.
>>
>>91268357
Don't be silly, it's a Trinity book.
>>
File: PlayStation App_20170403_180020.png (660KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation App_20170403_180020.png
660KB, 1200x1920px
>>91268539
Yup but arnt Europeans degenerate racist cavemen compared to the middle East.
Wait before to Long there be part of it.
>>
The success of superhero movies has made superhero ip valuable to companies like Disney and Warner Bros. That simple fact means that decisions that used to be made by creative people in conjunction with editors are now replaced by corporate synergy.

Basically, middle of the road is what we're going to get until the superhero bubble bursts.

There's a risk that the bubble bursting will destroy cape comics but we won't know until we get there. If that happens there will still be indie comics and the extraordinarily profitable YA stuff that mainstream book publishers do.
>>
>>91268539
As far as comics are concerned, yes
>>
>>91268599
Powell told me he's pitched like a dozen series to the Big 2 and Vertigo but they won't let him to a write/draw deal but that might change after all the acclaim and press he's gotten for March
>>
>>91268049
it's almost like DC is shit at literally everything and "middle of the road" is the best they can do
>>
>>91268049
But DC is making better books now than Marvel in the last 10 years
>>
>>91268599
the thing that blows my mind with so many talented indie creators out there just who would do anything for an opportunity and while these mainstream big writers who have been boring for over a decade continue to get like 4 books eachs and shape the line without giving half effort
>>
Rebirth has been great so far and the only risk they face right now is Marvel crashing the industry with no survivors again
>>
Just read Valiant for quality books. After reading through the 2012 X-O Manowar, its blatant how lazy the writing in the big 2 are
>>
>>91268932
>Marvel crashing the industry with no survivors again

DC survived 1996 because it's owned by WB tb.h
>>
>>91268854
Doubt it. His stuff got a lot of acclaim in general. And awards =/= sales.
>>
>>91268944
Valiant is garbage and ever since they got exposed for viral marketing I can't help but laugh when I see them mentioned.
>>
>>91268970
>Valiant is garbage and ever since they got exposed for viral marketing
Please elaborate
>>
>>91268049
>What went wrong?
The competition is so weak they don't have the incentive to do better than this
>>
>>91268684
That's not even a comprehensible sentence.
>>
File: rebirth moon pose.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
rebirth moon pose.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Speaking as a Superfag, I've been pretty happy with Superman post-rebirth and Action Comics has been alright. Once they got over that shit with Doomsday for six straight issues, that is. I'm not struck on Jurgens as a writer in general though.
>>
>>91268854
Even Vertigo's gone downhill after before Shelly Bond's release. There were some great anthologies with some talented people. That's how they found King.
>>
>>91269014
Anthologies go unnoticed. They still had SFX but nobody bought it or even read it. It's gone downhill because they don't have a model structure and even when they get good stuff they don't sell and they end up canceled(the recent crop is a good example. Also, Justin Jordan is garbage and letting him to that mini no other publisher wanted to buy was dumb.
>>
>>91269056
The last batch was good with a lot of fresh writers, but I think bond got fired in the middle of it. Vertigo is now Icon tier, as in they offer Vertigo books to their own writers rather than a place where new talented people can get a break. Image is meant for big names and sci fi/fantasy exclusive. We'll no longer get scalped, American vampire, sheriff or even unfollow from Vertigo.
>>
>>91268599
The thing is Rebirth is a very conservative move. They only really put forward writers who were on successful books already aside from ones like the Batgirl containment books.

I hope as we go forward some of the folks that were lost from those DCYou books or from Vertigo titles get brought back to do more. Poor Genevieve Valentine is stuck on a Xena book nobody's reading.
>>
>>91269111
>sheriff or even unfollow
Those came post Bond. And Red Thorn also had new comers. Art Ops had Shaun Simon who's fairly new and good friends with Way. The problem comes from the lack of structure in the line and that they'll launch a bunch if stuff at once, cancel them one by one, go 4-6 months with 3-4 titles in the whole line up and then repeat. For a new writer Vertigo is still better because they pay you by the page, the problem is that new writers don't wanna tell minis and build off their names and just want to go straight into 50+ issue runs but since Vertigo is in a weird spot(too popular for the hipsters, too hipster for the regular cape exclusives) that never happens. Also, as mentioned earlier talent scouting is a mess. Those anthologies were interesting but very few of the creators in them went on to do minins/ongoings at Vertigo or DC.
>>
>>91269152
They put Orlando on Supergirl and JLA and he's lousy.
>>
>>91269160
He was already popular because of Midnighter.
>>
>>91269152
They still have King and Williams from DCYou but they're only on one book each... And Williams seriously got the short end of the stick with Synergy Squad and the fact that his editor is incompetent and hasn't put a consistent artist on it that can keep a schedule. Then again, the art side of Rebirth is a mess, they're Putting Rossmo and Bagenda or those crossover titles while Deathstroke, the one truly great Rebirth title, has to suffer through painfully bland crap art.
>>
>>91269172
Midnighter sold sub-10k sales.
>>
>>91269172
Hardly. His Midnighter and Apollo sold like 4k
>>
>>91268049
The writers. Most of them aren't doing anything interesting and actually making a bigger mess.

N52 suffered from bad editors and Rebirth is suffering from medicore writers.
>>
>>91269159
Those came out around DCYou, and Bond got fired just last year. So Bond was still the executive editor of Vertigo then.
>>
>>91269152
>conservative
That's a nice way of looking at it...
They put Jurgens on Superman
Conway on Firestorm
Barr on Katana
Dixon on Bane
Wein on Swamp Thing
Johns is just allergic to the idea of getting fresh new voice on characters that desperately need it.
>>
>>91269236
Wasn't it a few months before? Either way her idea at Black Crown if pairing up a veteran creator with a new comer is great. Kid Lobotomy looks fantastic.
>>
>>91268467
Freaking this. I really like Tomasi's Jon, but his Superman as mediocre as heck.
>>
>>91268324
Lobdell and Humphries are worse writers than any of the ones you listed as being bad.
>>
>>91268282
I thought Tim was still alive. Man I bet you must be pissed that they re-introduced Cassandra too, you know the half-Asian that carried a Batgirl book for years and was a better martial artist than the goddamn Batman.
>>
>>91269195
>>91269197
Midnighter was one of the few "successes" from DCYou, I mean, in that it received good word of mouth. Same with King.

DCYou was meant to be a critical darling that pushed trade sales and Midnighter and Omega Men were basically the closest they got to that.

>>91269249
Yes but with sales the way they were it's hard to blame them. It was a desperate measure but it paid off, in the short term so far.
>>
>>91269292
And they're both exclusives, aren't they?
>>
File: bizarro-aaaaaahhhhhh.jpg (81KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
bizarro-aaaaaahhhhhh.jpg
81KB, 530x530px
>>91268049
>suddenly I'm on bizarro /co/

ME NO LIKE WELL WRITTEN COMICS
ME LIKE EVENTS AND RELAUNCHES AND BADLY WRITTEN DIVERSE CHARACTERS
ME THINK INHUMANS ARE BETTER THAN XMEN
>>
>>91269278
Everyone here is from /v/ and /tv/ and their exposure to comics is from the MCU and Arkham games, what did you expect?
>>
>>91268324
I agree with this dude.

I was really excited for Rebirth and have read most of their books, but only few now worth the read. I have to admit that I'm really disappointed.
>>
>>91269305
>Midnighter and Omega Men
The trades sold well initially but they quietly went down and down each month. Didio likes his niche titles so he asked Orlando to do a follow up, not because he expected amazing sales, but he expected the good for of mouth and trade sales to make this sequel sell... I don't know, maybe 12-15k. He was wrong.
>>
>>91268282
>sjw want all minorities, all the time
>anti-sjw want no minorities, ever

It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>91269312
Humphries is, I don't think Lobdell is.
>>
>>91269305
>in the short term
That's the problem. And really, the only one that paid off is Jurgens, the others come and went. What DC should've done is try to revamp or update these charterers, put them in the hands of a hungry new blood so they can have the definitive run on them... well, not Swamp Thing, but the others are small name characters that don't have that one run that people are going to be talking about 20 years from now. Also, what Jurgens is doing in Action Comics is some of the hackiest shit ever. All the worst aspects of 90s cape comics.
>>
>>91268049
This this this this this this.

Only Marvel is really pushing the envelope in comics nowadays.
>>
>>91269292
Lobdell is writing a better book than all the writers he mentioned and Humphries actually made me care about his characters.

As far as I'm concerned, they both proved themselves. I judge the writing, not the repetition.
>>
>>91269388
>>91268049

You bought into their false optimistic shite

lmao

comic fans, never change.
>>
>>91268049
>What went wrong?
You became a contrarian or a Marvel intern and everything went downhill
>>
>>91269379
>Comics, movies, TV shows, soon video games

Is there a better time to be a marvel fan?
>>
>>91269365
>revamp or update these charterers
Has this ever worked in the past two decades?
>>
>>91269429
JSA, Manhunter, Dial H, Omega Men, Seven Soldiers, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Jonah Hex... Off the top off my head.
>>
>>91269467
And how many of those things actually stuck?
>>
>>91269518
They are titles people still talk about and recommend.
>>
>>91269537
In other words, they were as much short term successes as Rebirth suposedly is.
>>
New Super-Man, Deathstroke, Shade and Flintstones are great and that's what I'm reading.
>>
>>91269557
No, because they lasted for more than 6 months. And Rebirth is just a sales success. It's still selling Batman, Justice League, Superman, Wonder Woman etc to the public. And like I said, we're talking about them several years, a decade AFTER they've ended.

Either way, you're kinda missing the whole point of the discussion. make comics worth reading, with fresh new ideas instead putting the same damn creators on the same damn characters.
>>
>>91268049
It's fine. You must be new if you think this is any way "bad". Sure, it's safe, but that's a welcome reprieve from all of the bullshit DC was doing before; changing and retconning shit that didn't need to be changed. At least there's an acknowledgement of legacy unlike Marvel
>>
>>91269720
>changing and retconning shit that didn't need to be changed.
they're still doing that, numbnuts.
>>
Rebirth is the MCU of comics. nothing groundbreaking and a few stinkers but everything is mostly ok and it has some legit great stuff. Marvel comics is like the DCEU of comics but without the commercial success of the DCEU
>>
>>91269720
>You must be new if you don't like shit comics.
The problem with Rebirth is there are no good books. The best of New 52 and DCyou still dwarfs most of rebirth by a lot.
>>
>>91269989
No one brought them.
>>
>>91270003
And?
>>
File: dc-new52-logos.jpg (235KB, 648x396px) Image search: [Google]
dc-new52-logos.jpg
235KB, 648x396px
>>
File: Untitled-29.jpg (179KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-29.jpg
179KB, 630x420px
>>
>>91269388
>this Lobdell and Humphries are good meme is popping up again

jasonfags and jessicafags have such low standards
>>
>>91269342
*pottery
>>
>>91268324
Tomasi is fine.

However, 2 issues a month might make his faults more visible.
>>
File: dino-cop.jpg (92KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
dino-cop.jpg
92KB, 409x409px
>>91268049
>Rebirth was about making good books

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Rebirth was about selling more comic books by focusing almost completely on their most well known and popular characters instead of trying new things. Nothing wrong with that. A book being good or not has little to no bearing on sales these days.
>>
>>91270080
>Ressurection Man

Christ, I forgot he even had an ongoing in the beginning
>>
>>91268979
Not the same anon, but they "rigged" the /r/comicbooks end of the year "awards" a few years back, leading to a bit of a ban. That means literally nothing in the actual world, but that is what I remember from them
>>
>>91272738
Also sad those war comics flopped.
>>
>>91272851
Sad, but expected. Men of War didn't even break 8 if I remember right.
>>
>>91272870
Almost all of the them GI zombie was 8 issues and one special blackbawks was 8 issues.
>>
>>91271043
You first needs to learn what "meme" actually means before you start using it.

And yes, Lobdell is actually a good writer. Whether you like to admit it or not.
>>
>>91268049
Rebirth was about getting the same suckers to buy the same stuff with reshuffled creative teams. Good books. For christ's sake, listen to yourself
>>
File: Green-Arrow-12-5-600x922.jpg (172KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Arrow-12-5-600x922.jpg
172KB, 600x922px
I will agree with the OP when he says that Rebirth hasn't been as enjoyable as it's been hyped up to be. But to me, DC has always been about "enjoyably engaging/touching stories for both young and old" and that's what I think DC's done with Rebirth; Gone back to their roots
>>
>>91272744
That just means they have viral marketers(which makes it hard to take anyone that praises Valiant online seriously). The bigger problem is them rigging those nominations for... something were Valiant had multiple nominations in each category.
>>
They thought that pandering to reddit would be a good idea.
>>
>>91268324
Red Hood, Green Arrow and Green Lanterns are all painfully mediocre. Superman, Super Sons, Batman, All-Star Batman, and Wonder Woman have all been better, along with obviously Deathstroke, New Super-Man, Wild Storm, Flintstones, and everything from Young Animal.

No idea why people are so impressed with the Lobdell and Humphries books.
>>
>>91275114
This.
>>
>>91275274
Superman, Super Sons and Batman are literately reddit-tier
>>
>>91276479
I'm not sure what you mean by that
>>
>>91276603
He can't criticize without resorting to buzzwords
>>
>>91268049
Marvel pls, this is pathetic.
>>
File: 1483755910340.png (473KB, 930x326px) Image search: [Google]
1483755910340.png
473KB, 930x326px
>>91268620
>>91268620

First off , I typed that up not long after I woke up. I'm kinda proud that even half awake and a little hungover; I've still managed to get you this mad! I have a theory, but how did you know I was 32?
>>
>>91275274
>Superman, Super Sons, Batman, All-Star Batman, and Wonder Woman
The only series that I consider it good out of all of them is All Star Batman.

The rest rank from medicore to decent.
>>
>>91268479
>multiplicity
>lets use a morrison not used earth!
>everybody got killed
>lets use red racer!
>kill him
>this guy is harvesting superman energy for fighting some guy
>we dont know who
>bang we defeated him
>woooooo mr oz is capturing him!
>wow m8, we already know that, more than once

>reborn
>clark kent is mytzplk!
>wow lets waste 8 pages with superman villains
>fuck you jon, lets play a game
>you got deleted
>you were blue, be gone and come red!
>oh shit, where are we, who is the kid?!
>I am your son, please remember me
>oh noooo the power of loooooove
>bang, lets undo all the shit both supermen went trough because we need they back at metropolis
>bam! new status quo (fucking metropolis boring shit)

And you do ask.
>>
>>91276479
Then when did they get such good taste?
>>
>>91273864
It was the Harvey's, it was very obvious too.
>>
>>91278634
They didn't, they just came here and stank up the place.
>>
Most of the good writers left to do independent shit once they realized they could.

Name the best title DC Rebirth is currently putting out. Now compare to that literally any other title people here would call "good". It likely doesn't hold up very well.
>>
>>91268282
>green lanterns are muslim and latino

first off, those guys are rookie recruits, there are still 3 white green lanterns having fun adventures off planet with Jon stewart and co. thats a dumb fucking complaint to make
>>
>>91278916
>its ok when DC does it
>>
>>91278832
That was this year, right? They suddenly gained multiple nominations in each category, and from memory, not even DC (with Rebirth) or Marvel got many nominations
>>
>>91278865
Says the shitposter
stink
"shit"post
see what I did there

Batman hasn't been stellar but Superman and Supersons have been great. Nothing is "reddit" about them though.

I think we need a written definition of reddit. It's a buzzword with zero worth at this point.
>>
>>91278934
simon baz is cool as fuck and jessica cruz is hot.
"diversity" isntl't bad, forced diversity is when it's paired with shitty bait writing.

Holy menstration
>>
>>91268078
Rebirth is mixed.

Green Lantern has been great. Same with Titans and Suicide Squad.

Justice League, Green Arrow, Aquaman and others are the same books, same writer. No fucking change really.

Superman still hasn't fully shaken out. It started awesome, tossing Superbro in the trash were he belongs. Then what do they do, bring him back like a bad case of the crabs. Honestly Superman could turn out either way and thats hard because the Superman Rebirth title was the strongest of the relaunch at the start.

Batman has been underwhelming and Wonder Woman is complete shit.
>>
>>91278916
>those guys are rookie recruits
Doesn't change the fact that there are too many earth GREEN lanterns.
>>
>>91278994
>Superman and Supersons have been great. Nothing is "reddit" about them though.
Tomasi is a terrible writer and he's a reddit darling. Fuck off with your shit taste.
>>
>>91279082
Earth is the most important planet in the universe, it needs more Earth lanterns
>>
Sometimes I wonder if some people dislike a comic just because someone they don't like loves it
>>
Sometimes I wonder if some people like a comic just because it's the popular thing to do
>>
>>91268193
It fixed the surface and restored some of the depth. But it also massively fucked up

>>91268209
DC still wants to have both ways. They want the Marvel 'ANAD' audience, the Vertigo groupies, the Nufags, and the DC faithful. They lost their faithful with Flashpoint, lost the Vertigo fans too. They only made maybe ten percent of the NuFags into regular readers and even that was better than the mixed ANAD/Vertigo crowd they got with DCyou.

Rebirth has brought some of their old fans back, but they can't have it both ways. Clark Kent can't be a salt of the earth Kansas farmer and a liberal blogger who punches down. Wonder Woman can't be both Nu and Rucka's Perez Lite. Wally continues to make black Wally redundant.
>>
>>91279113
>Oh no some site I don't read likes a book I like
>Oh no Anon made fun of me because of it
>Better burn the issues I already bought
>I feel so much better now that I threw that shit in the garbage bin and lit it on fire.
>Will you accept me now, anon?

Tell me why they're shit faggot.
>>
>>91278994
Supersons is for fags, so literately reddit
>>
>>91279113
>He's a reddit darling

What do you even mean by this? That because another website likes him that he's suddenly shit?
>>
>>91279634
Him and this faggot >>91279593
clearly have nothing to say about it other than it's reddit or gay.

They won't be able to tell you why. But it's gay, man. And they're definitely not twelve.
>>
>>91279588
>>91279634
No, you retard. Follow the chain of replies, anon said redit is life redit is love and thus I don't think it's weird that a redit darling is lvoed around here nowadays since this is redit 2.0. The fact that he's a shit writer has nothing to do with his popularity on redit, it's all a reply to this >>91278634
of course redit 2.0 would think redit has good taste.
>>
>>91268282

/pol/ needs to leave.
>>
>>91279879
I get called /pol/ by faggots who disagree with me on one side, and reddit by the faggots on the other side.

For the record if YOU followed the chain of replies you'd realize I'm two of the fucking posts you tagged.

Put a fucking bullet in you head or read a fucking comic book.
>>
>>91280642
>read a fucking comic book.
Well, I'm not going to be reading the garbage ones.
>>
>>91280686
Then you should check out Superman and Supersons. Batman may or may not float your boat. First two are great.
>>
>>91272530
>Rebirth was about selling more comic books by focusing almost completely on their most well known and popular characters instead of trying new things. Nothing wrong with that. A book being good or not has little to no bearing on sales these days.

Then why isn't Batman the star of Detective Comics?

Why do Latina and Muslim Green Lantern have their own book?

What is New Super-Man?
>>
>>91279117
I hate that all the Earth lanterns just happen to be from the US alone, too.
>>
>>91281220
>great
No.
>>
>>91268049
You just have shit taste.
>>
>>91284698
That's some pretty reddit taste you've got there pleb
>>
>>91279178
>Clark Kent can't be a salt of the earth Kansas farmer and a liberal blogger who punches down.

Why not?
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.