[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK did I just read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 2767046-scarlet_04_001.jpg (62KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
2767046-scarlet_04_001.jpg
62KB, 412x640px
What the FUCK did I just read?
>>
>>91265200
What?
>>
Well?! Are you going to keep us in suspense or are you going to tell us?
>>
>>91265200
Scarlet by Bendis
>>
a comic
>>
>>91265200
Bendis get too "woke" calls for cops to get killed, freaks out, stops writing the comic.
>>
Why is Bendis so shit at releasing his creator owned books?

>Brilliant
Cancelled after 4 years of delay and only 5 issues
>Scarlet
10 issues in ~5 years... who knows when it'll be back
>Powers
Spotty as hell - looks like there's been 7 issues in the past 2 years.

Good for him for getting a ton of Marvel work, but he clearly doesn't give a shit about the stuff that he actually owns.
>>
>>91266079
You can blame it on wanting to be a big media guy. For years Bendis has been looking to be bigger than a comic book writer and be part of tv and movies. Hell his old indie work talked him up as a super grounded crime dude. Now? Robert Kirkman the guy who looked up to Bendis(if you think I'm kidding try to find the introductions to several hardcover they worked on) did that to an extent with Walking Dead. He's one of those writers who might have a great elevator pitch but his stories are slow say so if they don't last long there is nothing there for anyone to adapt. He starts something and leaves it because ultimately he does not take the time to build it up into something special.
>>
>>91266177
so he's a less successful Millar or Clowes lol
>>
>>91266079
I'm still pissed about Brilliant and how the fuck did Powers get a show if that was the damned release schedule for the comic.
>>
>>91266177
That's the thing -- if he wants to crossover from comics to TV, you'd think he'd get the fuck out of Marvel. That's what Kirkman did once TWD started taking off.

Hell, look at Millar. The dude just shits out movie pitches.
>Kickass
>Kingsmen
>Wanted
Already movies

>Superior
>Starlight
>Jupiter's Legacy
>Chrononauts
Already optioned, the latter before it was even released.

And that's not even considering the fact that he wrote Ultimates, Civil War, and Ultimate FF which were all basically adapted.
>>
>>91266364
Powers was a relatively big thing in the early 00s indie scene, and it had been in development for a long time as a show.
>>
>>91266079
>Good for him for getting a ton of Marvel work, but he clearly doesn't give a shit about the stuff that he actually owns.
He doesn't give a shit about his Marvel work either, he obviously just phones it in at this point.
>>
>>91266419
tbf a Starlight movie would be amazing
>>
>>91266592
You mean a Flash Gordon movie?
>>
>>91266764
but like new!
>>
>>91266079
You left out Takio, which took like two years to get the arc conclusion out.
>>
>>91265235
Bendis?
>>
>>91266419

>you'd think he'd get the fuck out of Marvel

Maybe he's just grown too accustomed to Marvel treating him like a God and constantly backing him and bailing him out, and is too scared or something to risk losing that with another publisher.
>>
I liked Scarlet. It was kinda fun watching some rando stumble her way to Cyberpunk Goddess status. If it kept going I'd have made it so she goes deep down the rabbit hole of violence and then when it seems like she's about to get some sort of tangible win the entire government infrastructure just falls out. Maybe banks fail or whatever, just loud chaos.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.