[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UPDATE WHEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 3303399-2751834685-batma.jpg (700KB, 1500x2277px) Image search: [Google]
3303399-2751834685-batma.jpg
700KB, 1500x2277px
What happened to the "Damian is a harbinger of doom" storyline?

As I understood it, if Damian survived to adulthood and became Batman, the world would become terrible and apocalyptic. His death was a neccecary tragedy.

I understand that comic characters are revived from death just because they're popular, but did they ever "explain away" the fact that he's basically just like... Damian from The Omen?

Like did they make any effort to retcon the impending doom he represents?
>>
>>91262429
Of course not, Tomasi is a fucking hack
>>
>>91262782
(Citation needed)
>>
>>91262429
No the world is going to be a terrible hellhole. But Damian as Batman would utterly fail to stop Hurt and the world would burn
>>
>>91262429
Alternate future.

There you go.
>>91262782
>Whem Morrison retcons Talia and Bruce's relationship that's ok! Based Morrison!
>Fucking Tomasi how dare he not respect continuity and just do whatever he wants!
>>
>>91263409
>>Alternate future

When was this stated? Not being a dick, genuinely curious. I fucking need to know.
>>
File: Batman_666.jpg (598KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_666.jpg
598KB, 1280x1968px
>>91263673
>>
>>91263829
How is this "alternate" if Damian lived...?
>>
>>91264096
It was a possible future, Bruce and Dick's influence probably averted it.
>>
>>91262429
>What happened to the "Damian is a harbinger of doom" storyline?

where was that a thing?
just because of Batman 666? All possible comics futures are shit. That was just a story where Damian becomes Batman and Gotham reflects the edginess that he would bring to the role (which matches Morrison's background idea that Gotham is a living thing that reacts to Batman)
>>
>>91266045
>where was that a thing?
Toward the final issues of the Morrison run had Dr. Hurt getting Gotham nuked if Damian became Batman in the future. Bruce saw that during the Final Crisis timetravel arc and it was trying to prevent it.

To answer OP, Damian was killed in that run, so in the context of that story that was prevented. Tomasi bringing him back and fucking up old plot points is just how comics work.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.