[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The real reason /co/ hates Rick and Morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 33

File: yu0t72lf28py.jpg (77KB, 750x765px) Image search: [Google]
yu0t72lf28py.jpg
77KB, 750x765px
I submit the idea that the only reason that /co/ has such a hateboner for Reddit and Memey is because it's popular with normies. I remember when season 2 was airing how /co/ were having good conversations on the show. But over the span of the hiatus the show got a lot more popular with many people outside of the normal cartoon fan circuit. They sold shirts in Hot Topic, had appearances on the Simpsons and gained a following on Le ddit itself, the bastion of normies. /co/ much like all of 4chan, is so anti-normie that it's rise in popularity turned this once enjoyed if not beloved show and turned it into the very example of lowest common denominator bullshit. The show does have its problems, but as does any show. But the main reason it gets nothing but hate in most threads is because you all are disgusting fucking hipsters who hate popular things.
>>
Wrong subreddit buddy
>>
>>91244137
>REEEEEEE NORMIES
>>
>>91244151
Upvoted
>>
>>91244122
And because Season 2 is where it picked up more popularity and filled in quality at the same time
>>
>>91244122
Everybody knows this.

Also, the reaction of everyone on this site is always amplified because everyone wants to be the one that pushes the next "epic meme".
>>
>>91244122
>it's another "BAAAWWWW WHY DON'T YOU CONTRARIANS LIKE MY SHOW"
>'YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR BAAAW"
Jesus Christ you people are insufferable
At least post this on the other Rick and Morty threads we have open right now.
>>
>>91244122
Mainly it's because it's one of those shows that normies watch to feel superior to others. Robots are angry at them, because they see themselves being superior to normies and can't stand someone who's a normie from their perspective doing the same.
>>
What the fuck is that thing? did a Morty and a Rick get combined? Wouldn't it just kill itself?
>>
Can we just be fucking honest, /co/? Anybody who uses 4chan nowadays is a redditor whether they have an account or not.
>>
>>91244306
>What the fuck is that thing? did a Morty and a Rick get combined? Wouldn't it just kill itself?

You either die a Morty, or live long enough to see yourself become the Rick.
>>
File: R3dditsilvr.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R3dditsilvr.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>91244269
Downvoted
>>
>>91244269
There are legitimate criticisms of the show, but the main criticism I always see is some fucking stupid shit involving the word "reddit"
>>
>>91244314
NO I DON'T! YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW ME! I'M NOT A FILTHY NORMIE FAGGOT! HOW DARE YOU! RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
I pingpong from reddit to 4chan to tumblr all day. Facebook sometimes. Now that's a haunt for normies.

Funnily enough, today was the first time I ever saw Rick and Morty mentioned on reddit. I mean I imagine there's a dedicated subreddit for it, but on /animation and such it's never mentioned.

anyhow, reee away if it makes you happy.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (26KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
26KB, 384x384px
>>91244388
YOU JUST SAID YOU GO TO REDDIT. OPINION COMPLETELY DISREGARDED. GB2REDDIT FAGGOT NORMIE!
>>
File: 1491116305427.jpg (14KB, 228x206px) Image search: [Google]
1491116305427.jpg
14KB, 228x206px
>>91244122
Holy shit how hard is it for you fucks to get over yourselves ?
You are like an obsessive ex-girlfriend going "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE GOD WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU JUST WANT TO HATE ME"
If, as you say, Rick and Morty started receiving hate in Season 2, is it not indicating of a problem with the show itself ? Is it really us that deemed it "lowest common denominator bullshit" ?
All you do is whine about our multiple complaints with the show (who, mind you, many of us actually did use to like until we saw it go to shit or grew out of it) and cry about "MUH EBIL CONTRARIANS" as if you were appalled that people did not like what you did (as if you had never been to an imageboard before).
Get over yourselves.
>>
>>91244326
If Morty actually grows into Rick I will be very angry.
I can take a lot of narrative shit, but not that.
>>
>>91244685
He DID wear blue pants.
>>
>>91244440
I'm okay with people not liking it, I just wish there was a place to talk about it without the constant interjections of "muh Reddit" please do not suggest reddit, I grew up here and don't want to adapt to the culture of another site I'm hoping with enough spam, we'll be kicked off of here and just go to /trash/, where people kind of let sleeping dogs lie- even though they can be into literal shit, inflation, sleeping dogs, what have you.
>>
>>91244122
I actually liked season one. Season two is noticeably different because the creators started to treat the show differently because if its popularity.
>>
>>91244314
I genuinely don't visit Reddit because idiotic opinions are more tolerated there and you aren't allowed to say heinous things to idiots.
>>
>>91244735
I don't write strongly worded letters, but if that happened I might.
>>
>>91244425
This, unless you're being ironic, in which case both of you fuck off.
>>
>>91244122
Im not a fan, and while I don't hate it but posts like yours that imply I'm a poopy head if I don't love and defend it don't help.
>>
>>91244122
Its reddit: the show.
>>
>>91244425
No thanks, I'm free to travel the internet as I see fit. ;^)
>>
>>91244122

Contrarianism does play a large role in the hate R&M gets on 4chan at large, though you'll never hear the guilty parties admit it (obviously).

The problem is that R&M happens to be one of those shows that inspires either extreme love or hate. The normies overhype it as a 10/10 comedy and consider it an extremely intelligent show, neither of which are true. But in response, much of 4chan takes the exact opposite stance, that it's a 0/10 absolute trainwreck that has absolutely no merit nor funny moments, which is also untrue.

This doesn't discount the very-valid complaints and the fact that some people just have different tastes and don't like it, though.
>>
File: MeeseeksHQ.png (409KB, 488x1028px) Image search: [Google]
MeeseeksHQ.png
409KB, 488x1028px
>Make everyone on /co/ assblasted

OOOOOOOOOOOOO CAN DO
>>
>>91244988
Make Tumblr leave 4chan
>>
>>91244775
>I want a safe space
Well then you can go back to-
You know what, nevermind, I'm joking. You gave me an actual reply so I'll give you one.

You could go into the actual Rick and Morty threads. The ones that generally revolve around discussing a particular aspect of the show, instead of bait threads.
Like these
>>91224463
>>91240098
Hell, even /tv/, where the hate for Rick and Morty is far more prevalent, has Rick and Morty threads that are mostly okay without complaints about Reddit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>91245011
Meeseeks is not God.
>>
>>91244735
It was certainly a day Morty would remember, and he did fall into the butt dimension
And Rick was remembering the butts in the guys coffee cup
>>
>>91244957
This.
I'm not dissapointed about someone not liking the sane things as I do, I'm dissapointed that 75% of the complaining is just regurgitating the same buzzword over and over again without giving a single bit of actual criticism.

People who use reddit or tumblr or other meaningless buzzwords as a complaint are retarded.
>>
>>91245108
Gb2reddit
>>
>>91244122

Yes, because people growing to dislike it has nothing to do with the show's drop in quality as of season 2 or it's shtick getting stale after the first season.

Is it's some of it's backlash exaggerated because the feelings of the people that dislike it are exacerbated by the constant cirlejerk that doesn't acknowledge it's flaws? Yeah, probably. That doesn't make any and all criticism of the show contrarianism. It just means people don't like it, and want normalfags to shut the fuck up about it.
>>
File: 1490075433912.png (868KB, 520x947px) Image search: [Google]
1490075433912.png
868KB, 520x947px
Why do you hate normalfags so much /co/? Who hurt you? Normies aren't THAT bad you know...
>>
>>91245218
I like normies fine, I don't like faggots like you who use ad hominem as your only argument for why I should like a show.
>>
>>91245434
that's ironic as people are using ad hominem as their only argument for why you shouldn't like the show.
>>
>>91244314
I see what you're saying but no. It makes me furious to know I am always sharing a board with most people who also have active twitter, tumblr, facebook, and instagram accounts.
>>
>>91245218
A normie put me in a mental ward for 5 1/2 hours because he misinterpreted my words and got off scot free
>>
>>91244122
/co/ likes to bitch about how much they hate the show but they'll have a massive stream thread that will fill up several times over every single night a new episode comes out. They've been doing the same thing since season 1.
>>
File: IMG_0325.png (185KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0325.png
185KB, 400x300px
>>91244388
>pingpong from reddit to 4chan to tumblr all day. Facebook sometimes. Now that's a haunt for normies

You're telling me.
>>
>>91245455
I guess it's a good thing I didn't argue people shouldn't like the show, let alone use ad hominem to convince them.
Like the show, don't like the show, don't try to force either on others like a fag.
>>
File: itreallyisntthatgreat.jpg (77KB, 796x960px) Image search: [Google]
itreallyisntthatgreat.jpg
77KB, 796x960px
>>91244122
I like Rick and Morty, but I do admit that the "greatest thing since sliced bread" reputation it has with millenials who constantly strive to be intellectually validated kind of pisses me off.

Like, where were these kids when Futurama aired?
>>
>>91245011
This.

Even if some of you mellowed out because you started coming here. We don't want to help you guys, just want you to play in traffic.
>>
>>91245570
>Like, where were these kids when Futurama aired?
Not born yet
>>
/tv/ go fuck off and die
>>
>>91244122
I personally love the show but you need to fuck off back to your subreddit where you belong faggot

It's not about being a normie it's about how everyone on reddit is pure cancer and takes the fun out of everything by making them into cancerous "memes" and spreading them around so much that they become saturated, overused, and unfunny.
>>
>>91245570
I was watching Futurama.
I think R&M is probably more comparable to Red Dwarf though.
>>
>>91244122
>4chan hates popular thing
when will you ledditors let this meme die already? you say it as an excuse when you can't begin to comprehend the criticism given by us and just disregard things as just "sour grapes" and what not.
>>
>>91244122
This is obvious to anyone who isn't a complete contrarian. It's just predictable at this point.
>>
I don't hate Rick and Morty, I actually kind of like the show. I hate other people who like Rick and Morty because they treat it and Bojack Horseman like their God's gift to the world.
>>
>>91245873
>I hate other people who like Rick and Morty because they treat it and Bojack Horseman like their God's gift to the world.
Except if you read the thread you'd see plenty of other moderate fans.
"Not like other fans" is becoming the "not like other girls" of the internet.
Nobody is waiting in the wings with a big shiny trophy for you.
>>
>>91244122
It went to shit when it tried to have MUH DEEPEST LORE and relationships issues.

Its becoming generic
>>
>>91245919

Nobody was asking for a big shiny trophy, m8
>>
File: 50907392402727027latest.png (197KB, 221x378px) Image search: [Google]
50907392402727027latest.png
197KB, 221x378px
>>91244388
>reddit
>tumblr
>facebook
>>
>>91245570

>somebody actually spent time making that comic
>trying to force unfunny memes this hard

I hope you didn't make that, anon
>>
File: tumblr_o7foz6ZjpE1u3rzkfo1_500.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7foz6ZjpE1u3rzkfo1_500.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>91244122
nothings sacred once it gets a funko pop figure
>>
>>91245218
Normies are the scum of the Earth. unfortunately, most of the Earth is scum to begin with. So really, everything sucks and the only way to keep your sanity is to hate everything you like.
>>
>>91246923
Do people actually buy these?
>>
>>91247100
It's like a red flag for tryhards
>>
>>91244122
>The real reason /co/ hates Rick and Morty
jesus fucking christ, OP, you're a massive faggot.

it's dead simple: contrarians

I'll say this much; I like Rick and Morty just as much as I like Samurai Jack, Tron Uprising, Sym-Bionic Titan, Motorcity and Green Lantern: The Animated series.

I could go on and mention the older shows I like going all the way back to my first favorite cartoon when I was a kid: any cartoon with Pepe Le Pew
>>
>>91247116
And yet, they seem to sell like hot cakes.
>>
File: IMG_3333.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3333.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>91244122
It has been popular for normies since S1. /co/ hates it becuase /co/ eventually hates everything. Just Sit back and watch it happen to SJ.
>>
>>91247255
>It has been popular for normies since S1
that's really not true, it was only around S2 (or late S1) that it became a reddit normie craze; before that point, it was revered on /co/ and /v/
>>
>>91246140
Pretty much what I do at work, except for tumblr. Do most people on this site legit just browse the chans and nothing else?
>>
>>91247246
There are a ton of tryhards out there. Especially with the propagation of "fandoms"
>>
>>91244122
Probably. The more I read /co/ the less I like R&M. It's like some sort of hive mind vibes.

OMG can I catch a homosexuality by reading 4chan?!?!
>>
>>91247336
It definitly wasn't as popular as it is now but S1 R&M was 100x more popular with normies than other non mcfaglen adult swim cartoons like Mr. Pickles. Mike tison mysteries is pretty popular with normies though.
>>
>>91247405
I wouldn't mind owning figurines, knick-knacks and paddy wacks from my favourite things. However I'm a little self conscious about buying such things. As I feel that if I'm going to dump money on something like that it should be decent in quality or something I would proudly display in some context.

I agree though, those funko pop figures (and similar ones) just feel like cash grabs.
>>
>>91245570

That's just Dan Harmon shit in general.

He realized a while ago you can make something popular so long as it's inclusively nerdy, like Community, or his podcast Harmontown, or his tabletop show Harmon Quest.

It's sort of like how there's a metric shit ton of people out there who have played DnD like, once or have watched people play it and try to hold conversations at the LCS with folks who have been meeting up for years with a regular group about it.

The normie perceives nerds and dorks as being intelligent and also want people to look at them and consider them to be intelligent.

It's why Big Bang Theory works, it's why the MCU works, it's why Rick and Morty works, it's why so many youtube gaming channels exist.

Commodification of "nerd culture" and being intelligent by association.
>>
>>91244122
We didn't hate it when season 2 was airing. There were a few not so good episodes but that was it.

You're right.
>>
>>91244314
What is there to gain from using Reddit?

I'll admit I use Tumblr and other art-hosting sites just for artists, but that's it.
>>
>>91247100

By the literal dozen.

I worked at a Hastings before the company flopped and people would show up and buy 12-20 of those ugly fuckers.

Usually the same three kinds of customers, too. Normies trying to buy nerd cred, scalpers who were just there to buy the store exclusives and flip them, or people who probably also bought a shit load of beanie babies back in the 90's who think eventually their complete funko pop wizard of oz set will be worth anything in 10 years.
>>
>>91247591

My best friend irl is a massive reddit user, and from my conversations with him it boils down to two things.

>Moderated discussion as opposed to anonymous shitposting

and

>Reddit is just superior

While moderated conversation CAN force people to focus, it's also the quickest way to end up with an echo chamber, and pretty much every reddit user will hit you with the "there's a REASON they call it the front page of the internet".
>>
>>91247336
>it was revered on /co/ and /v/
>/v/

That explains everything, that place can only end up with shit and people trying to shit on something popular just because of "not muh".

Godfuckingdamnit.
>>
The thing that bothers me about R&M is that, despite all the gore, nihilism, and violence, it's not considered "edgy" at all, because it's "ironic" and "bright and cartoony".

If any other show had the amount of blood and gore R&M has, it would get laughed at and written off by normies and nerds alike

Also
>Hates the show
>Must be a contrarian!

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>91247894
>If any other show had the amount of blood and gore R&M has, it would get laughed at and written off by normies and nerds alike
you're deluded
>>
>>91247677
If he doesn't understand this basic concept than he's just an intellectually dishonest clown. Both are echo chambers, but a system that literally hides unpopular opinions is going to be less effective at factilitating genuine discussion.
>>
>>91247855
yep, unsurprisingly enough it was /v/ the started the whole 'reddit and memey' thing.
>>
File: chair.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>
>>91247677

How is this a good thing? Forum moderators are literally the worst kinds of people. Especially in a community driven by "good boy points." Shit breeds the worst kind of circlejerkers.

I'd rather shift through mountains and mountains of shitposting if it means that I get raw, unfiltered thoughts and opinions. You can be having a heated argument with a person in one thread, and then suck the dick of that same anon the next. You can write intelligent and well thought out replies, or shit out a low quality shitposts if you're in a different kind of mood. No egos, no fishing for upvotes and karma, post counts, and no bullshit so long as you follow the basic rules. That's why this is the only site I use for discussion with randoms. It (and other lesser chans) offer an experience that every other social media integrated clusterfuck couldn't dream of.

And fuck any normalfag loser who doesn't understand this concept.
>>
>>91244835
>idiotic opinions are more tolerated there

/co/ and /tv/ exist, so I doubt that
>>
>>91248189

That's censorship. Anon's normie friend is pro-censorship as long as he meets the status quo and it gets him laid, in a nutshell. Those people are the worst.
>>
>>91248070
oh shit things are about to go down
>>
>>91247100

I bought a couple SU's for a Tumblrina friend of mine's birthday a while back.
>>
>>91247399
well you have to remember most people on this site have boring lives or no life at all.
>>
>>91248383
>this meme

Hello from 10 years ago time traveler! Longcat is loooooooong xD
>>
>>91247399
A lot of people actively boycott social media so yes. But most are just here for the memes.
>>
>>91248012
>No you're wrong

Cool argument
>>
>>91244122
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>91244276
>robots see themselves as superior
You do know that it isn't so?
>>
>>91248535
>screenshotting your own post from yesterday

This is so sad.
>>
File: 1490541422014-vg.jpg (33KB, 702x479px) Image search: [Google]
1490541422014-vg.jpg
33KB, 702x479px
>>91248535
Nigga, posting your own arguments won't help that much if you reek of /v/ shitposting.
>>
>>91244122
How about to simply admire the show due to interesting writing, surprising ideas features in episodes? What's more it has really non-standard approach for protagonist.
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 755x384px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 755x384px
>>91248603
>>91248620

I use 4chanX, it would've had these dotted lines if it was my post, still if your only argument amounts to "s-samefag!" then don't even bother replying you swine.
>>
>>91244122
>/co/ hates thing because its popular
season 2 wasn't so hot compared to season 1.
for some reason it became rick and morty + summer.
no one cares about jerry/beth drama anymore. they had their arc and it needs to stop being an issue.

seeing the first ep of season 3 was great, but where was the funny?
>>
>>91248678
>gotta take a shit
And.... hum...
>>
>>91248535
You know, people acknowledge Family Guy has flaws but it's not the worst thing on tv? People can do that with Rick and Morty too. But there is one group of salty elitist 'tards who like to signal how smart and cultured they are by actively hating the shit out of Family Guy/R&M, patronize people by suggesting that THEY are the ones who are too autistic to be capable of deconstructing the show so they absolutely have to be the same idiots who herald it as the bible of r/atheism because that's the strawman of the decade. That's you people.
>>
>>91248663
>It's a britbong getting upset at people.

M8, just chill for a moment and think that this isn't /v/, there's no fucking need for a "us vs them" argument.
>>
>>91248535

No one aside from the 14 year-old ledditors think it's deep and philosophical, they just enjoy it for being an off-the-rails comedy with a fun dynamic between the MCs.
>>
>>91248189

It's because they're all either normalfags or underage kids who grew up in the Web 3.0 era. They don't care about censorship, because they've never known anything else but Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and Tumblr, the unified cesspools that they are where "everyone and everything is connected.". They've been raised to filter their thoughts based on what the group will think of them, because anonymity is something that's all but extinct in this day and age and it may follow them forever. Not just online, but in real life. They've never visited an actual fansite, because there's a nice, safe subreddit or Facebook group for that instead. A place where dedicated enthusiasts gather, where you'd actually have to prove your worth in discussion with interesting ideas instead of falling back on a universal karma system (or jerking off to follower counts/retweets/upvotes/likes) as a form of internet cred.

And on the flipside, they've never been on a real forum, or seen an entire site's collapse in on itself because of appointed user moderators going on a power trip and removing anyone they personally don't like.

They simply don't understand.
>>
File: 1490415454287.jpg (32KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1490415454287.jpg
32KB, 500x508px
>>91248718
>>It's a britbong getting upset at people.

I live in buttfuck nowhere, Texas you goddamn retard, what does being from Britain have to do with anything? What even made you come to that conclusion? Argue the goddamn picture or just don't reply. What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
File: E3Nk8hW.jpg (247KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
E3Nk8hW.jpg
247KB, 1200x900px
>>91248788
Death is fast
>>
File: 1490544375744-co.png (508KB, 963x673px) Image search: [Google]
1490544375744-co.png
508KB, 963x673px
>>91248817
I dunno, swine sounds like the sort of insult a britbong can say.

Still, CHILL, NIGGA, C H I L L.
>>
>>91248858
They like to run over piggus with armored trucks in Texas, didn't cha know?
>>
>>91248788
>seen an entire site's collapse in on itself because of appointed user moderators going on a power trip and removing anyone they personally don't like.
Fucking hell that takes me back. I've seen too many websites go down that road. People give the mods here shit for not doing enough but I'd rather have lazy mods than overactive ones who think they're on a crusade to make a forum better. I don't even think I can count the number of forums I've browsed back in the day that have all crashed and burned this way.
>>
>>91248535
Family Guy went on episode long diatribes about how god doesn't exist and abortion is awesome. If Rick and Morty did that instead of just not always being funny I'd drop it in an instant.
>>
>>91248871
Jannies are lazy, but will remember the rules if you say something that hits a nerve. So the rules are enforced less but more subject to abuse, where in reddit/facebook/etc's case they just don't want bad publicity and take down posts that attract too much negative attention regardless of whether or not it's breaking any rules that are usually broken anyway.
>>
>>91248563
They have an inferiority-superiority complex (where feelings of inferiority are masked by outwardly aggressive, antagonistic, and envious behavior). If they actually saw themselves as inferior, they wouldn't constantly REEEE at their self-perceived "betters" and talk about how much they hate them.
>>
>>91248900
>diatribes about how god doesn't exist and abortion is awesome

santa isn't real
>>
File: 1491155889857.png (176KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491155889857.png
176KB, 500x700px
>>91248900
Keep in mind Family Guy's first 3 seasons were pretty damn good and then took a nosedive the second Seth left. It hasn't happened with R&M but Justin and Dan aren't going to want to do this forever (especially justin, who has a VR game studio) and [as] seems interested in milking this show for every dollar it's got. If they keep this show going after the OGs leave the show will take a nosedive and it can happen at anytime.
>>
>>91248961
Not saying they're wrong, I just don't need to be lectured by a cartoon.
>>
File: 1490969464244.jpg (42KB, 595x620px) Image search: [Google]
1490969464244.jpg
42KB, 595x620px
>>91248958
>masked

It's no secret, they know this about themselves, it's just part of chan "culture" to enable each other instead of growing up.

Normies and lebbit like to twist this around into suggesting that these people choose to keep misery in their lives which is only true to a certain degree.

Before mainstream internet was around, "geek" types were much more reclusive and insular and shared similar opinions, but it wasn't outright commendable for any old loser to go on an imageboard and be a salty buzzkill day after day, it was just elitism for the sake of having higher standards.
>>
>>91249035
Some people actually do, but for those that don't, Family Guy insults our intelligence in many other much educational ways.
>>
>>91249179
much less educational*
>>
>>91249206
Good save.
>>
File: 1488770566570.jpg (6KB, 236x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488770566570.jpg
6KB, 236x259px
>>91249257
It was a typo though, but good to know we've got you around to enforce quality control.
>>
>>91249321
Glass houses. If you're going to go on about how intelligent you are you should avoid writing like a retard.
>>
>>91248702
Not the worst thing, but modern family guy is painful to watch. Far worse than R&M
>>
File: typo.jpg (67KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
typo.jpg
67KB, 735x541px
>>91249385
Get a load of this tryhard.
>>
>>91249423
Agreed, I felt like I was doing something not only unproductive, but actively harmful to the world while watching it. I just don't know how it still exists.
>>
>>91244122
/r/ick And M'orty is amazing. It's like The Big Bang Theory meets Family Guy.
>>
>>91244122
/co/ likes a lot of things that are popular, it's just overrated. R&M and SU arent inherently bad shows but it's not hard to see the philosophy they support and get reminded of /r/athiesim and sjw respectively.
>>
Just today I was with a group of casual friends at college and they were talking about the new Rick And Morty episode and how it was so smart and clever.

They raved about how dark the show is and how it's the best show on Tv.

Like Christ I like the show but it's immensely overrated by its fans.
>>
>>91249500
Le uboated for u my gentlesir
>>
>>91249500
I dont like oranges. They're like a mix of apples meet bananas

>what you're doing
>>
>>91249437
You had no argument, you just asserted that Family Guy not always being funny or clever is an insult to the intelligence of you, the great anonymous dickwad complaining about cartoons on the internet. Unlike all those peasants who need to learn from cartoons.
>>
>>91249542
Intriduce them to Mr. Pickles and tell them that if a show isn't at least this dark, it isnt dark
>>
>>91245218
because people who use facebook and twitter all day make me sick.
>>
/co/ hates this show because too many people here honestly relate to Jerry, and the show shits on Jerry.
>>
Watching the new episode I realized I care for no one in this show
everyone became so fucking unlikable
>>
>>91249575
I just hate how the casual viewer acts as though anything with the slightest bit of existentialism is "whoa man, that's so deep and dark, really gets the neurons firing".
>>
>>91244122
Is that a Morty Rick?
How fucked up do you think his life is?
>>
so was getting "rid" of jerry a doing of the female writers?

why would (((they))) do that to any character on this show? to show a strong independent single female mom? is that what the redditards want?

so they are going to build her up, which is fine, but why do it at the expense of jerry?

how much you want to bet shell get blacked this season?
>>
>>91249657
This show is no smarter than archer and it's about as dark as family guy. I like it as show but it's wayyy overrated. But at least it's a foot in the right direction, the bigger the market for adult animation the more time and money they'll put into it. Right?
>>
>>91249809
jesus shitting christ you're stupid.
>>
>>91249809
>strong independent wymmyn
>when she is ridiculously dependant on her father
>>
File: 1450571781087.jpg (16KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450571781087.jpg
16KB, 207x200px
>>91249559
(You)
>>
>>91249901
>>91249915
Don't pick on the autist anon. He's trying his hardest
>>
>>91249819
I mean I don't really get why the show is so much more popular than adult swims other shows. It's probably more popular than Samurai Jack, and certainly way more popular than Venture Bros, two shows that I think are far better.

Is it advertising or what?
>>
File: 1431314873936.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1431314873936.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
>>91249550
>>
>>91244122
I don't remember subscribing to this blog...
>>
File: 1408997038444.jpg (167KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1408997038444.jpg
167KB, 800x800px
>>91249966
>I think
>>
>>91245570
Honest question: is there anything retarded Millenials won't ruin? Seriously, I can't think of anything good that came out of that cancerous, entitled generation (but I can think of plenty of bad, like participation trophies and feminism)
>>
>>91250032
Anon, we're not gonna sit here and just shit talk each other. That wouldn't be a good thing either, would it?
>>
>>91250032
you got me, there's nothing my generation does besides complain about school, skip class, and hook up.

t. depressed college student
>>
>>91250070
Not true. I jerked off earlier
>>
>>91245218
I never mixed well, with anyone. It's not them, it's me. I don't "understand" normalcy or standard social ettiquite and feel as if I come across as a fraud. Therefore I avoid it, as people do tend to with anything they don't understand, but I can carry a conversation, and get that I'm a part of the problem, so I'm not /r9k/ at least.
>>
>>91250082
I'm not talking about us anon, I'm talking about normies.

>I jerked off earlier

Doing gods work. Focus on school and make something of yourself before you slime some bitches cooch.
>>
>>91249966
It's accessible, a lot of Adult Swim shows are decidedly niche.
>>
>>91250032
You realise the vast, vast majority of 4chan users are millenials, right? And I don't mean underage b&, millenials include anyone up to the age of about 34.
>>
>>91250070
>he actually liked school
>>
>>91248535
>saving someone's opinion on your HD
I don't even have a word for how sad that is. Pathetic doesn't even come close.

It's not even like you're parroting the opinions of trashy mainstream talk shows, politicians, or advertisements. You're just quoting some random anonymous fucker in lieu of making your own argument.

Even retarded people can come up with their own, original ideas. They may not be good, but at least they're contributing something instead of whatever the fuck it is that you're doing.

>>91248603
If it's his own post, that's even worse. I would never admit that to anyone, even anonymously online.
>>
>>91250032
>Get off my lawn
>>
hoohoo he really likes that mcnugget sauce
>>
>>91250122
>liked

Yeah, I currently enjoy college. I love putting in effort to something that's actually worth putting in effort for. Love that dopamine release when you get good grades at the end of each semester. That's why you go to college, to get an education.
>>
>>91249617
Sure as hell better than relating to Rick. Also, if anything, /co/ is season 1 Morty. Not to be confused with the edgier, more confident season 2 Morty.
>>
>>91250125
>Thinking there is a difference between the opinion of anon and the opinion of a talk show host
Is a talk show host opinion more valubke than your own? Why is a talk show hosts opinions more valubke than yours? Sounds like you've been normiewashed. Fuck this really is reddit
>>
If I were to call any show for normies it's every single Seth MacFarlane show. I hate that 4chan spits out Reddit all the time because I know nothing about Reddit.
>>
>>91250330

What about American Dad?
>>
>>91250356
Especially American Dad
>>
>>91250330
4chan hates reddit because reddit is the socially acceptable version (normie version) of us
>>
>>91250465
You hate it so much you bring down threads because Reddit talks about it?
>>
>>91250653
It's the hot insult word right now like "cuck" used to be. it's only a fad and will be replaced by something far more stupid soon
>>
>>91250756
"Reddit" as an insult came long before "cuck" newfriend.
>>
>>91249645
That's my biggest complaint with the show. It's funny, but I give so little of a shit about what's happening I just can't bother with it, and now when it does try to be serious it's just forced and unfunny.
>>
>>91250120
Yes.
And take a good look at 4chan.
>>
>>91250756
>like "cuck" used to be.
Jesus christ. Cuck is now popular even outside of /pol/.
>>
>>91250892
Real insightful post there friendo.
>>
>>91250830
Maybe on /co/. I didnt show up here till about a year ago, a little too much sjw's on this board
>>
>>91250907
Yeah when it became popular this board stoped using it. Hmmm imagine that right when it becomes popular it's no longer cool
>>
>>91250993
Who cares what is "cool"

Fashion is dead.
>>
It's normalfag not normie. You can tell who's from reddit because they won't type the word faggot
>>
>>91250993
I'd rather be someone who dislikes something because it's popular than someone who only likes something because it's popular, fuck face.
>>
File: 1490106175167.jpg (153KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1490106175167.jpg
153KB, 1024x685px
>>91251072
There is no difference, they're equally pathetic.

Like or dislike things for your own reasons and stfu about muh reddit and tumblr.
>>
>>91244122
>I submit the idea that the only reason that /co/ has such a hateboner for Reddit and Memey is because it's popular with normies.

No shit.
>>
>>91244122
yeah no shit. stop letting communities ruin content for you.
>>
>>91244122
agreed. I didn't even know it grew popular on reddit until faggots started spamming it on these threads.
>>
>>91244170
you must go back
>>
>>91244269
>just admitted to being a contrarian
>>
>>91251072
the later means you are a sheep
the first one means you are cancer
>>
>>91251284
being this much of a fucking degenerate
>>
File: 1489694094920.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1489694094920.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>91251325
Did you mean to greentext that, friend?
>>
>/co/ hates normalfags and reddit
>they are watching generic western cartoons for children, normalfags and redditors
>instead of anime
>>
File: 1468945598834.jpg (190KB, 728x414px) Image search: [Google]
1468945598834.jpg
190KB, 728x414px
>>91244122
>>91244440
>>91244957
>>91248189
>>91248788
>>
I've been neutral towards Rick and Morty since it first came out, watched a couple of episodes and decided it wasn't my thing despite all of my friends enjoying it. That's fine, different strokes and all that.

But then it fucked over Samurai Jack for no reason and now I hate it.
>>
Can Summer take Mortys place so we can shorten it's name to S&M? That would improve this thread by 40%
>>
>>91254550
Well you fucked that up, good job
>>
>>91244122
You figured it out OP, congrats your graduated your freshman phyc class. Most of the community does not comment on these threads because of the obvious troll and contrarians. Do you want to know why? Because we are adults. Saged because you are retarded or young. Sage to this thread, and sage to your cow...
>>
File: reifishing.jpg (290KB, 740x800px) Image search: [Google]
reifishing.jpg
290KB, 740x800px
>>91244122

I don't hate rick and morty. It's an alright show, but I wouldn't call it intellectual or anywhere close to social commentary.

It always made me laugh when they attempted to take themselves serious with "drama" episodes. C'mon son
>>
>>91244685
Sorry grows old and invents time machine to get szechuan sauce. Goes back in time and accidentally becomes his own grandpa. Goes back to his younger self's time and destroys time stuff and becomes an alcoholic. Attempts to redeem himself by being there for his Morty self.
>>
I don't get the hateboner /co/ users seem to have for this show.
I'm a newfag so I wasn't around when Season 2 was airing, so it seemed like literally everyone hates the show whenever I tried to bring it up here.

Season 3 unexpectedly airing it's first episode was the first time I've seen people post something positive about the show here for once well, after the Samurai Jack fans were done shitting themselves in public anyway...

Also, reddit is not an argument for why it's bad
>>
>>91251284
>be from Reddit
>post Reddit hive mind opinions
>claim to not be part of the Reddit hive mind
(you)
>>
>>91249973
That bait?
>>
>>91244122
That is why /co/ hates most things. There's a cycle. Every time a movie, new show, etc comes out it gets praised for a few months then as it grows in popularity 4chan hates it. Anything considered a classic is always overrated here. Its only a matter of time before we start getting people here bitching aboit logan being a shit film. This is why you should generally disregard opinions here and just read and watch whatever you want.
>>
>>91255209
You should disregard opinions from literally everywhere and decide for yourself.
>>
>>91244122
>>91255209
Just wanted to add that calling the show reddit and memey as an insult is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's on par with kids on the playground rhyming someone's name with butt or fart.
>>
>>91255319
Rick and Morty? More like Dick and Moron!

Phineas and Ferb? More like Penis and Pervert!

Gravity Falls? More like Gravity FAILS!
>>
>>91254795
>It always made me laugh when they attempted to take themselves serious with "drama" episodes.

Same. That, and I've kinda grown to dislike how the show often acts like the audience should overlook all the shit Rick's pulled because he's a "deep" or "tragic" character. Hell, Bird Person basically exists to tell the audience why they're wrong if they hate Rick for the terrible things he's done.
>>
File: hype 10 outa 10.gif (95KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hype 10 outa 10.gif
95KB, 480x270px
>>91255294
>>91255294
>>91255294
>>91255294
You deserve all the (You)s
>>
This is a great bait thread.

>haha you hate it because of [insert most assanine reason here]
>dozens of well meaning people try to explain why the show isn't funny and just boring
>>
File: Fuck Rick and Morty.jpg (114KB, 320x642px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Rick and Morty.jpg
114KB, 320x642px
>>
>>91255707
They skipped our episode so they could repeat the same crapfest again and again. Nothing wrong with that image other than they already did all those things.
>>
File: 1491157549457.jpg (119KB, 493x492px) Image search: [Google]
1491157549457.jpg
119KB, 493x492px
>>91245218
I love this dumb cat so much
They hate normalfags because they're jealous and petty, depression is a hell of a drug
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.