[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buffy/Angel continuation comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: angelatf1ndtastrevarbig[1].jpg (65KB, 400x607px) Image search: [Google]
angelatf1ndtastrevarbig[1].jpg
65KB, 400x607px
Are any of these worth reading? I've heard they're terrible, and I've seen some pretty retarded shit from them, but given that there's quite a bit to it they can't all be trash, right?

I only ask because I've been bored as fuck and need something to waste my time on, and seeing as how I just got done rewatching Angel a couple weeks ago, this seems like the thing.
>>
>>91236606
I remember that buffy´s sister was transformed into a centaur
>>
I read Buffy S8 and it was kind of dumb (in a "the network/budget was holding Joss back from doing anything too retarded on the show itself" kind of way) but I guess I don't regret it? Didn't really bother to go further though. I would say it's definitely something you might want to pirate first to see if it's worth it for you.

I read some of the Angel: After the Fall trades and I remember liking that more but I also enjoyed Angel more as a show so that may have been why. Didn't finish it though.
>>
>>91236606
If you're going to pirate it you might as well, you lose nothing from it. A:ATF is good for a couple of issues but things quickly go full retard. Compounding that is the fact that they tried to create a comic buffyverse that has a bunch of different minis and crossovers and you have to follow all that shit.
>>
>>91236741
Yeah, I was leaning more towards the After the Fall ones, given that I just watched the show and I always hated the way it left off.

The Buffy ones I'm worried about, because it seems like most of the really wacky shit, like >>91236626
and Buffy and Angel fucking a new universe into existence (???) seem to come from those.
>>
>>91236793
Oh yeah, the Buffy comic. You sort of have to turn your brain off to follow the plot, the centaur thing does actually happen. The characterizations are pretty spot-on but I hope you like Buffy/Spike because that's a ride that never fucking ends.
>>
>>91236793
I'm not really planning on reading all of it, and I should clarify that I wasn't looking for something mind blowingly amazing, I'm expecting shit. I was just more looking for recommendations on what is shittiest and what is least shit. And looking it up now I see that theres a few smaller, stand alone series' in there as well. Any of those halfway decent?
>>
>>91237131
Personally, I found the Angel comic to be more unreadable than the Buffy comic. The characterizations are off, I think Angel is the worst written character in both comics. Also the smaller series aren't standalone, they're pretty much mandatory to understanding the story.
>>
>>91237169
Well damn, so it's one of those things I either gotta dive into it all the way or I'm not gonna understand half of whats going on?
>>
>>91237401
Unfortunately yes, but that doesn't start until the end of Season 8 and the end of ATF. You have a bit before they go full DC/Marvel
>>
>>91237455
In that case I reckon I will give After the Fall a shot then. I can always bail if it starts getting too retarded.

I appreciate it lad
>>
>>91237677
fyi atf was based on the unused plans they had for season 6 such as wolfram/hart turning LA into a mad max type world after wrecking everything.

though i know the ending for illyria/fred was different from what planned since the Angel writers were going to bring Fred back somehow.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.