[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey wow what are you doing in here, this is where we activate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: heywow.png (957KB, 942x631px) Image search: [Google]
heywow.png
957KB, 942x631px
Hey wow what are you doing in here, this is where we activate the plot device using only buttons and dials.
>>
File: ashit.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ashit.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>91234339
How inconvenient for you
>>
File: yakko.gif (494KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
yakko.gif
494KB, 400x300px
>>91234339
women writers everyone.
>>
The above anon is correct.
>>
>>91234339
I believe that was the joke.
>>
>>91234339
If rick knows he's in a tv show, do the other Ricks know?
>>
That was the joke, guys. They obviously could have had a more drawn out sequence where Rick penetrated deeper into the Council of Ricks command in order to access a way to teleport the place, but that would have taken up too much of the episode's runtime for a detail no one gives a shit about, so instead they just decided to acknowledge the shortcut and move the episode forward.
>>
>>91236243
what are you talking about that was funny af.
also funny you should use an Animaniacs reaction when it had women writers too fag
>>
How was rick able to transfer his mind to the other rick bodies if the mind transfer thing was stuck inside that room?
>>
>>91234339
The [plot device] was literally [McDonald Advertisement]
>>
>>91236243
> not understanding the joke

Cis scum, everybody
>>
They're just writing themselves out of the hole they were in after last season's finale. I'm okay with whatever asspull they want to use because this show is at it's best when there's nothing on the line. The episode was pretty funny to me.
>>
>>91234339
well shit, bad idea to have it designed that way
>>
>>91234339
There was a million other feasible ways to go about it; ordering a invasion as the military general, using insert*doomsday*device*here, literally just more in depth about how the inter-dimensional space station teleport works, etc.....

In the end they went about it going the most direct route possible in a 30 minute show
>oh, typing in these coordinates will do it just like a gps? cool

Only a sperg would take such a plot device as lazy writing and not a time saver.
>>
File: 1449273516135.jpg (53KB, 630x663px) Image search: [Google]
1449273516135.jpg
53KB, 630x663px
>>91234339
>>
>>91236860
The [gag] was literally [PTSD]
>>
I can honestly see the Ricks setting up a teleportation system like that just to spite themselves.
>>
File: 33f.gif (862KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
33f.gif
862KB, 375x304px
>>91236885
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging
it's literally what tv trope's logo is

>The creators are using the tactic of self-deprecatingly pointing out their own flaws themselves, thus depriving critics and opponents of their ammunition
>>
>>91237021
>no true Scotsman fallacy

Stakes always ALWAYS add to a show never detract
>>
>I don't even know who is baiting in this thread anymore
>>
>>91237524
>thus depriving critics and opponents of their ammunition

I thought it was just to be funny
>>
>>91236850
He made a new one anon.
>>
>>91237758
>On the other hand, Lampshade Hanging done well can make for an entertaining piece of Medium Awareness or momentary lack of Genre Blindness.
>>
>>91234339
at this point, the entire show is just wish fulfillment for the character of Rick Sanchez
Beth and Summer have no use outside of aiding Rick or reinforcing that the viewers should still like Rick despite the fact that Rick is an evil, horrible person in every sense
Morty is just there as a self-insert for the viewer
Jerry is Meg Griffin
Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland ignored all their critics and instead decided to go full LOL RANDUMB humor for the third season and the newest episode is clearly indicative of that
>>
>>91237952
was completely unaware of tv tropes being huge sjws
is this a troll or do i need redpilling?
seriously, at this point X is SJW is a meme for everything but tumbler
>>
>>91238112
a vast majority of their "tropes" are just long articles about many -ist, -isms, and -phobes
>>
File: comblr master race.gif (824KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
comblr master race.gif
824KB, 375x304px
>>91237324
>without the red nose
come on
>>
>>91238197
>ctrl f "ist_
none
>ism
1 post modernism
ok meh
>phobe

could have swore it was wikki ish and would remove a lot of it
post evidence of clams
charts and graphs if able
>>
>>91238112
They got triggered by panty shots being a trope and purged all uses of it.

Shit like cupcakes.mov or whatever got a huge standalone page while shit like Eiken "doesn't have a story" and doesn't deserve a page according to them.
>>
File: 1476268094910.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476268094910.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>91236243
Yes, I was also impressed that women writers could be funny.

Ha ha just joking I don't care what writers have in their pants because I'm not a fucking loser.
>>
>>91238112
they actually made an effort to purge the site of LE THIS TROPES. it... sort of worked. they even segmented off the bullshit into separate wikis.

like the SCP Foundation, take it as an example of how an insular community blew up and their autism got public. we've just got to build better communities and keep the retards out without encouraging them with berating tactics that encourage fourteen year olds to TROLL RANDOMLY LUL.

the website actually gives you some interesting perspectives on fiction. they're not subtle when they try to leak identity politics into subjects that should really focus on Death of the Author (a concept everybody consuming any media should consider)
>>
>>91238317
yeah, their "no such thing as notability :^)" policy is sad when you realize it could actually mean... you know... not preventing people from putting stuff up just because it isn't notable to you. some moderators just have the worst personality traits and the most social climbing pointlessness there is. some people just have to be deprived of power or they start trying to staple pamphlets on everybody's head
>>
Anyone feel bad for Jerry? He just seems like an average guy in all of this, if not to a fault.
>>
>>91234339
I'm going to go take a shit.
>>
File: 1453772590269.jpg (64KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1453772590269.jpg
64KB, 570x587px
>>91236860
>Advertising for a thing that literally does not exist any more
>>
>>91236243
kill yourself you autist
>>
>>91234339

It was meant to be silly and ridiculous. It was a joke. You're complaining that a joke was silly. You're so humourlessly obtuse that you think criticizing something deliberately silly for being obviously silly is a valid attack.

God, you people exhaust me sometimes.
>>
>>91236860
>NINTENDO SEND ME FREE STUFF
>>
>>91236765
>They obviously could have had a more drawn out sequence where Rick penetrated deeper into the Council of Ricks
Yeah that would actually mean exploring the concept and creating jokes out of it

Lets instead take up the run time with Rick just outsmarts every Rick easily and then kills everyone lol
>>
>>91237576

That doesn't have any remote connection to what he said.
>>
>>91241730

The show isn't about exploring concepts, it's about making comedy out of an unstable genius probably-delusional scientific maniac.
>>
>>91241912
>it's about making comedy
Yeah like Rick killed people cause they are dumb and he is smart
>>
>>91242033

He killed them because he's a selfish maniac. Did you just not watch through to the end of the episode or what?
>>
>>91242033

Yeah, the joke is that we have a drunk supergenius killing his many selves and dismantling his own self-created government in total passing while actinng like a sloppy dick. The show has always made comedy out of this character committing whimsical atrocities arbitrarily with zero remorse.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.