[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are roleswap AUs pretty much the most common types of AUs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1490405620918.png (129KB, 649x785px) Image search: [Google]
1490405620918.png
129KB, 649x785px
Especially ones swapping the hero and the villain, or swapping the main protagonists with each other.
>>
That and genderswap AUs.
>>
Never seen a roleswap AU before beside the GF one
>>
>>91235188
There's a WOY one, and I think an SU one
>>
>>91233939
sorry you have shit taste
>>
Because "AUs" are just "What-Ifs", and switching roles and genders are going t9 be the first thing most people wonder about, off handedly
>>
>>91233741
I thought modern AUs were most common. They are trash of course.
>>
Because they're the easiest ones to envision and imagine.
>>
>>91235584
How so?
>>
>>91236761
Any examples?
>>
Because if you have good characters then altering the dynamic in which they interact is a very easy way to see their personalities and decision making skills in a new light
>>
File: Mars versus the Forces of Evil.png (2MB, 720x2858px) Image search: [Google]
Mars versus the Forces of Evil.png
2MB, 720x2858px
>>91233741
You didn't even post the best roleswap AU in the Star Vs fandom
>>
>>91238338
This AU has potential. I like it.
>>
>>91238338
Neat.
>>
>>91237745
I guess so
>>
>>91233741

Probably for the same reasons that costume swaps and "this character in that pose" are the most common filled requests on drawthreads. It doesn't require any additional research for either the creator or the viewer. It's immediately understood.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.