[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Plot Details

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16

File: c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg (210KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg
210KB, 711x1080px
Combining the trailers and the leaks you get a pretty solid grasp of how the movie goes down.

>Prologue with Peter being picked up by Happy Hogan to go to Germany and getting his new suit, followed by Stark dropping him off at home and telling him he gets to keep the suit but is not joining the Avengers and should keep close to the ground.

>Peter heads back to the Midtown Science and Technology School, which he attends on a scholarship. He's still dreaming of joining the Avengers and making a difference.

>Peter has a crush on Liz Allan, who is also interested in him. Flash Thompson is the wealthiest kid in school and bullies Peter out of jealousy because Peter is smarter than him with half the effort. They both end up competing to see who gets to take Liz to the homecoming dance.

>Peter's best friend is Ned Leeds. Michelle Gonzalez is an edgy rebel outsider who often makes fun of them because she's tsundere for Peter.

>Peter foils a robbery on the way home and then meets up with aunt May. Later that night, he intervenes in a bank robbery but the criminals led by Logan Marshall-Green and Donald Glover turn out to have Chitauri weapons from the Battle of New York and some manage to escape. Peter goes back home unaware Ned is waiting for him and Ned ends up finding out his secret identity.

>The incident with the robbers prompts Stark to create Damage Control, a government-sponsored organization dedicated to cleaning up after superhero fights. This pushes Adrian Toomes, the owner of a small NYC-based salvage company, out of business. Toomes and some of his employees, namely Herman Schultz and Phineas Mason, decide to retrofit the weapons they've collected to rob Stark in revenge for what Stark did to them.
>>
File: 1490450559176.jpg (263KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1490450559176.jpg
263KB, 1080x1350px
>Peter and Flash join the academic declathon team to be closer to Liz. Peter drags Ned along, while Michelle joins to be closer to Peter. They head out to Washington, D.C. for an an event and are caught up in the Vulture's attack on the Damage Control headquarters to steal weapons. Spider-Man intervenes and saves his classmates who had been taken hostage. The Vulture flees when the police shows up, but Peter tags him with a spider-tracer beforehand.

>Stark tells Peter to let the government handle the Vulture. Peter is determined to prove himself by catching the Vulture and follows the tracer's signal to a ferry where Toomes is making an alliance with Marshall-Green over the weapons. He fights off the criminals, but Toomes uses one of the Chitauri weapons to tear the ferry in two and Peter is unable to hold on the the sinking halves for long.

>Iron Man then shows up, having tracked Peter's suit, and saves the ferry, but reprimands Peter for his recklessness and takes his suit away. Peter realizes he messed up and it's his responsability to fix things even if Stark doesn't allow him to. Meanwhile, Toomes becomes determined to kill Spider-Man even after some of his employees walk out on him because he's going too far.

>Peter goes to homecoming with Liz, but has to leave when he finds out about another meeting between Toomes and LMG. When he gets there in his homemade suit he's ambushed by LMG and Schultz but manages to fend them off before confronting Toomes.
>>
File: 1490414503570.jpg (202KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490414503570.jpg
202KB, 711x1080px
>Spider-Man and the Vulture batlte across the New York City skyline and end up atop a plane which is then damaged by the Vulture. Peter manages to steer it so it can crash without hurting anyone, near an amusement park. Vulture ambushes and severely beats Peter and is ready to kill him when Peter manages to disable his suit. Toomes either dies or is arrested (unclear at this point, could go either way).

>Peter rushes back to homecoming but Liz has given up on him and went with Flash. Ned somehow hooked up with Liz's friend Betty Brant. Peter ends up sharing a tentative dance with Michelle, which could blossom into something more.

>The following day Damage Control cleans up after the battle and dismantles both Toomes's and LMG's gangs. Stark compliments Peter on a job well done and gives him his suit back. He invites Peter to join the Avengers but Peter declines in favor of keep being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. They swing together. The End.
>>
Pretty much what I expected. Sounds good.
>>
>Liz and Michelle are unironically black Mary Janes
>>
>>91231464
What do you mean?
>>
>>91230997
>>Peter goes back home unaware Ned is waiting for him and Ned ends up finding out his secret identity.

...um...why though?

Who would let a friend go to their bedroom when they aren't there?
>>
>>91230997
Got a source to back this up?
>>
>>91231508
Aunt May.

They probably were going to study or something.
>>
>>91231508
May is a fujoshi.
>>
Do we know if this is real or not?
>>
>>91230997
>>91231029
>>91231070
Honesty, this film sounds so, fucking, boring. Like, everything about it is so straight forward and basic.

I mean, sure, that's not bad for a Spider-Man film, but this is the sixth Spider-Man film. We can see the things Pete can do, so why does this film feel so...TV show pilot like? Nothing about this spells great launch for a new franchise, it just comes off as basic.
>>
>>91230997
>Spider-Man movie
>STARK STARK STARK DAMAGE CONTROL STARK STARK
>>
>>91231508
If he went out as Spider Man May could've thought he was still home when not-Ganke came by so she let him up. Then he just waits for Peter to come back. It looks like in the trailer he's checking it some Legos while he waits.
>>
>>91231665
It's real, but it's a toy box art. It probably won't be in the movie.
>>
>>91231681
I think they're purposely going for a simple story to have a lot of heart behind it because the last two stories were convaluted else worlds titles that were too conscerned with setting up their universe than telling a good story. The Spider-Man movie doesn't have to worry about the former because he's coming into an already established universe, so I'm betting they are going to focus A LOT on character and have that be the selling point (or that's what I would do).
>>
>>91230997
>>91231029
>>91231070
these all sounds horrendous

basically Ironman5
>>
File: Oh dear.jpg (188KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
Oh dear.jpg
188KB, 1024x614px
>>91231919
I'm still not completely sold. Sure, they could have heart, but it's kind of hard when the film feels like sloppy thirds. I'm just hoping the High School stuff isn't monumentally cheesy.
>>
>>91232211
>Poor little white guy

everything in that pic feels so forced and desperate
>>
>>91231976
>Iron Man is barely in it

Really fires up the neurons.
>>
>>91232338
The fact that the defenders of this film keep saying "Oh, it'll have a John Hughes vibe" disappoints me every time, like how people argue that Winter Soldier is a "political thriller". You can't just throw a genre or style of film over it and act like it makes the film better. Nothing from Spider-Man Homecoming strikes me as a "John Hughes" vibe at all!

I swear, it's this blanket statement that people are using to say the film is unique when everything about it looks by the numbers.
>>
>>91232416
How'd you see the movie so early?
>>
>>91232540
How did you?
>>
>>91230997
>>91231029
>>91231070
>Peter ends up sharing a tentative dance with Michelle, which could blossom into something more
Into the trash.
>>
>>91232688
I asked you first.
>>
Give me ONE (1) fucking reason why they made Flash Thompson a manlet. Racelift is not an issue, that wasn't important to the character. However, size and athleticism is. So why would they make him a skinny bitch that's shorter than Peter?
>>
>>91230997
I'm still bamboozled that they would have a perfect Ganke and call him Ned.
>>
>>91232776
Because he's not a jock who physically bullies Peter in this.
>>
>>91232776
Because the producers/writers said physical bullying (Flash shoving Peter into a locker) doesn't exist anymore and instead the bullying occurrs more in the context of status. Which either means that they legitimately have no fucking idea what goes on in public school cause physical bullying is still totally a thing, they were the bullies in high school and they're trying to pretend they didn't do that shit, or these people are existing in their own deluded hugbox where they think the world is much more accepting and tolerate than it actually is.
>>
>>91232865
Peter doesn't attend a public school.
>>
>>91232865
Well, it's Sony, so all of those could be true. We still don't quite know just how much influence Marvel Studios had with decisions.
>>
>>91232776
Because it's set in the modern era where bullies shittalk you to your friends instead of shoving you into lockers. Jockbully supposedly doesn't resonate as well with kids anymore as rich popularbully.
>>
>>91232416
The villain is after Iron Man and Spider-Man is only fighting the villain to impress Iron Man.

If this was a Batman film, it would be about Robin.
>>
>>91232897
Still. Bullying happens in every environment and to still think it doesn't happen in private schools is fucking asinine. I've seen kids literally light other kids on fire.
>>
>>91232925
>The villain is after Iron Man
Wrong.

>Spider-Man is only fighting the villain to impress Iron Man.
Wrong.
>>
File: 1468903892276.jpg (20KB, 300x365px) Image search: [Google]
1468903892276.jpg
20KB, 300x365px
>>91232897
>physical bullying only happens in public schools
>>
>>91232928
Flash is still a bully. Just not a physical one. That's the whole point.
>>
>>91232865
I just can't see Flash being intimidated.
>>"Hey Peter, why don't you go buy me some doritos at the store, I'll handle Liz" as he shoves a $10 down Peter's pocket.
Like, that's what I'm imagining in my head.
>>
>>91232993
Flash sounds like someone you would just laugh at whenever he tried pulling something over on someone.
>>
>>91232993
I'm sorry you lack imagination, anon.
>>
>>91232943
How can I be wrong when both trailers has enforced this.
>>"The rich and powerful like Stark? They don't care about us"
>>"This is my chance to prove myself!"

Stark is the motivator.
>>
>>91233054
You're right, cause I never been bullied by a rich scrawny kid before.
>>
>>91233074
Peter is trying to break away from that, it starts when he gives back his suit.
>>
>>91230997
Will we see Ben die?
>>
>>91231665
Shocker looks ridiculous.

Then again, that's his running gag, so I guess it fits.
>>
>>91230997
Why doesn't he meet any of those Netflix heroes who operate out of New York?
>>
>>91233074
Feeling slight by Stark is not the same as actively going after him.

And the entire plot revolves around Peter growing beyond his desire to earn Stark's approval.
>>
>>91233165
Nope.

>>91233195
Not canon.
>>
>>91233223
While true, the whole film makes Peter feel like bottom bitch if the entire plot wouldn't happen if Iron Man wasn't there.
>>
>>91233165
God I hope not. Three movies was more than enough.
>>
>>91232912
>Popular
>pajeet mcskinnyfat
>>
>>91232416
RDJ is too fucking expensive anyway. Didn't want to see him.
>>
File: DONT MOCK THE SHOCKER.jpg (51KB, 480x573px) Image search: [Google]
DONT MOCK THE SHOCKER.jpg
51KB, 480x573px
>>91231665
I thought this was the design? Moreover, anyone else think the Washington Monument scene is in fact Shocker causing the mayhem instead of Vulture?
>>
>Flash ""Thompson""
hehe
>>
>>91232211
The fat kid...when are the rest of us gonna know when he's durn to us?
>>
File: 3435678.jpg (14KB, 175x330px) Image search: [Google]
3435678.jpg
14KB, 175x330px
>Michelle Gonzalez is an edgy rebel outsider who often makes fun of them because she's tsundere for Peter.

is this some sort of leftist agenda to convince white gen z kids to stop being redpilled and start racemixing
>>
So I get why they don't want MJ in it yet.

Hiring a young actress who is ready to pop is a bad idea if you want them on for many movies IMO. If they blow up, which some do and if they want a bombshell MJ theres a chance she would, they would have to deal with all sorts of reneg bullshit from shitty tenpercenteries.

Better save MJ until hes college age for MCU imo, Spideys not going anywhere anytime soon.
>>
>>91234274
I just want MJ at some point. If we cant get them in comics, might as well see it in the movies. Speaking of which, is Renew Your Vows still going?
>>
File: 2yuznlx.jpg (200KB, 968x1509px) Image search: [Google]
2yuznlx.jpg
200KB, 968x1509px
>>91230997
>It's a three villain movie
YES BECAUSE IT WORKED SO WELL THE LAST 2 TIMES DIDN'T IT

I just want a spiderman movie with Kingpin for fuck's sake. You don't even need to write a script, you can just use the fucking Ultimate arc with him and everyone would instantly love it because of scenes like these
>>
>>91232897
Isn't Peter pisspoor? Shouldn't he need to go to a public school because of monetary issues?

yes yes I know Ironman monies and all but still
>>
>>91235100
i dont think tinker is goign to have a big role, more just to set him up

nothing i have read says anything about him fighting him

just shocker and vulture and some extra goons
>>
File: 4IA3321.jpg (313KB, 1024x1581px) Image search: [Google]
4IA3321.jpg
313KB, 1024x1581px
>>91235378
2 villains is still way too much considering that most MCU movies can't get memorable villains even when there's only one in them

I still want my kingpin arc tho, that's all I'm asking for
>>
>>91235457
You're never going to get it man. Netflix assured that
>>
File: ultimatespider-man1060lfcu.jpg (2MB, 2560x1971px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatespider-man1060lfcu.jpg
2MB, 2560x1971px
>>91235512
so many possiblities thrown down the toilet
>>
flash looks like a insecure twink that all pete has to do is just jump scare him.
even peter's fact fuck of a friend is more menacing than flash.
hope to fucking hell that michelle doesn't tell pete at the dance, 'call me mj'

seriously. the forced ethnic pandering is getting tired.

are all movies going to be (before production goes underway) :
writing script
a meeting where a quota has to be met where there must be a leading ethnic male and leading ethnic female
with some lgbt supporting characters
the villain has to be white/or half white
any relationships in movie must be mixed
and must have some sort of political meaning/rights/message

the fuck hollywood?
>>
>>91235780
where's the pic of peter being all sad walking by all that merchandise of spiderman?
>>
>>91232722
I asked you second
>>
>>91231508
A better question is how his spider-sense did not pick up that people where around him.

I recall that being the explanation as to how he could swing back to his apartment without much hazzle, because his spider-sense did not warm him of any danger.
>>
>>91231681
i mean.. its how all MCU movies are.
>>
>>91230997
fuck this sounds like complete shit

>rt 89%
>890 million BO
>>
>>91230997
pass.
>>
>>91230997
>Michelle Gonzalez
is that just a latinization of Mary Jane?
>>
>>91230997
They will make a gay joke when Peter's undressing in front of Ned, won't they? can't compare to what's about to happen in Guardians 2 and Ragnarok but sounds okay for an intro movie.
>>
>>91231070

>could blossom into something more

You know it isn't. It's going to be Gwen and we're going to see more neck snapping action which shall lead to MJ as usual.
>>
>>91237674
>Gwen
Nah, Disney isnt dumb enough to follow the "Gwen Fad" the comics have been trying to push. We're going straight to MJ after Homecoming
>>
>>91233097
>It never happened to me
>So it must be impossible

>>91233626
>Implying rich kids aren't popular
>>
>>91232532
It's because they heard a producer say that and so they parrot it to act smart.
>>
>>91233195
don't most of them operate out of the city and Peter lives in queens?
also they take on Organized Crime and Ninjas and Peter is apparently taking on disgruntled engineers.
that said id love to hear people talk about the Punisher or the Devil of Hells Kitchen in dialouge
>>
>>91237702

Honestly, after how irritating she's gotten in the comics, I sort of want to see them wring MCU Gwen on the big screen just to confirm she won't appear further.
>>
>>91235457
I thought Bucky and Captain America were both very memorable villains in CW.
>>
File: vyttypiyijooexilqch3.jpg (114KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
vyttypiyijooexilqch3.jpg
114KB, 640x492px
>>91237814
If they do, I will spam EVERY Spider-Man thread with this.
>>
>>91235780
>Last two panels are Marvel's plans for Kamala
>Last panel is Bendis
Amazing
>>
>>91237814
At this point MJ deserves the necking more, though. Fuck, Slott's ruined all three of Pete's major romantic partners. Too bad will never get MCU /ss/ with Larson.
>>
>>91237960
Cant really say if comic MJ is salvageable, but I do want a half decent MJ at some point on film. They're a cute couple to see in action. Though Chat is a good option too
>>
>>91237844
Kinda, but really three good villains of you count Loki this far into the MCU's pretty damn bad, specially because Marvel has some pretty good antagonists. Like Kingpin.
>>
Spider-Man and the Niggers

looks so great
>>
>>91237527
She was Peter's flatmate for a bit who he has a drunken one night stand with, pretty strange that they picked such an obscure character
>>
File: 10.jpg (58KB, 492x466px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
58KB, 492x466px
>>91241867
Hopefully she will pull a shotgun on him or something? :3
>>
>>91230997
I often see on /co/ thread like this one before a movie is out spoiling the whole scenario.

What's the point?
Don't you want to discover all that in theater?
American trailers are already too long and telling too much, why go farther?
>>
>>91243330
Some people don't mind spoilers.
>>
>>91231665
SHOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
>>
File: best flash.png (479KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
best flash.png
479KB, 1920x804px
>>91231681
This movie is doing something none of the other Spidey movies did, actually making the most out of the high school setting, Spider-man 1 Pete was out of high school after the first act. ASM was looking like it was going to do something with highschool but forgot about it halfway trough and ASM2 completely abandoned it, if anything this seems like Spectacular Spider-man wich was a much better adaptation than any movie we got. the only real shame is we lost the best possible Flash Thomspon for it
>>
>>91231070
The plane fight obviously isn't the ending. At some point Peter gets the suit back before he returns to the dance. See pic related, from set photos.
>>
>>91233770
That was proven fake. From some fan film.
>>
>>91235100
>>It's a three villain movie
Oh fuck off.

It all depends on how those villains actually function in the movie.

The Dark Knight has six villains in it (The Joker, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Sal Maroni, Lau, and Gambol) and no one complains about that.

Quantity of villains doesn't mean anything. Its all about how they actually impact the story.
>>
>>91244233
That's not necessarily from the ending.
>>
>>91244427
Its very clearly from a dance. As shown by the other pics that came along with that.
>>
>>91244496
All pictures of the same girl. Could easily not be from the ending.
>>
>>91244862
Then where would this be in the movie?
>>
>>91236887
his spider sense warns him of personal danger. like how he reacted to the thing bucky threw at him in the airport.

since Ned is his buddy and means no harm, no danger and no spider sense tingling.
>>
>>91243330
I know I'm going to love it so I don't mind spoilers.
>>
>>91236338
ultimate knights.
awesome team up with street level heroes and doctor strange.
>>
>>91244875
It could be from the first act.
>>
>>91244964
Peter should also have enhanced senses in general though. The reason he has to manage his eyesight is because he can't stop noticing EVERYTHING. It's so bad that he accidentally lashed out at Tony who meant him no harm.
>>
>>91231665
won't matter Marvel doesn't care about villains
>>
It's shit of course
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.