[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of the first episode of Rick and Morty season 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: 4.png (1MB, 848x547px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1MB, 848x547px
What did you think of the first episode of Rick and Morty season 3?
>>
Dunno, but for some reason I want a Samsung phone to make Youtube videos
>>
I think its really Reddit
>>
>>91224638
Wanted to see it, but my stream didn't play it and school only has west coast. In that case, I didn't see it cuz I didn't wanna miss Jack, funny how THAT worked out.
>>
>>91224638
Didn't really like it.

A lot of Rick shoots all the plot threads away, everyone seemed to have been made dumber while our Rick is able to outsmart everyone better than usual. A lot of the jokes in the second half just didn't stick at all, they barely even were any.

Sort of felt less like Rick being a funny asshole and more being an actually terrible person.
>>
>>91224638
I'm surprise how tight it was. He really did take the time to the episode right.
>>
>unsatisfyingly blast through every open ended plot thread to tie everything up in a neat little bow
>Air before the rest of the season to make people forget any of it was of importance to begin with

LOST levels of manipulative. And close it with a beat for beat remake of the ending from the pilot.
>>
File: 1466219115654.jpg (241KB, 837x764px) Image search: [Google]
1466219115654.jpg
241KB, 837x764px
>>91224638
It was alright.
Getting rid of the Galactic Federation felt a bit like a cop out, but I think that was meant to be the point considering the recent marketing stuff they did about the Federation.
>>
>>91224638
I want /reddit/ to leave pls
>>
>>91225020
What? But Tammy, Phoenixperson and the Gromphlomites are still operating from the Federation prison, and the Rick Citadel is in ruins around them, just waiting to be pilfered.

Their economy has been crippled but it's not above some bullshit to bring it back.
>>
Thought it was hilarious. Surprised about the divorce though maybe it'll lead to some more interesting Jerry/Beth plots that don't revolve around they hate each other/they're deeply in love with each other. Not sure about destroying the council of Ricks and the Galactic Federation, thought there would be more to do with them. I guess they still could in a reduced state, we'll have to see.
>>
>>91224782

That commercial concerned me because I kept hearing it without looking at the screen and thought I was going crazy.
>>
>>91224782
Yeah, I feel the same way. I also really want a Hardees burger.
>>
>>91224638
Everytime he rambled off an excuse and said he has to go take a shit had me laughing, I enjoyed the episode.
>>
>>91224638
I really digged all of the call backs to previous seasons (Cronenberg, Council of Ricks, dead bodies in the backyard)
I loved it, although I think the takedown of the Galactic Federation seemed a little fast considering the gravity of their position as major antagonists in the story.
>>
It literally triggered me since I couldn't watch DB Super and Samurai Jack. I had to cry myself to sleep last night. Fuck, it's not fair. Where did it all go so wrong? I thought this wouldn't happen in Trump's America.
>>
Glad they've blasted through those loose ends I'm always excited for new adventures and with this behind them we can focus on new planets and stuff
>>
It was alright. I know a lot of people are still hoping that the tragic back story for Rick is legit still, but I like the idea that some people are just inherently selfish and that's just how Rick is.

Not completely convinced that divorce will actually fully finalize, considering Chris Parnell said that Jerry and Rick are having an adventure so we'll see. Could take or leave all the Summer bs, but Morty was great this episode.
>>
>>91226015
>Chris Parnell said that Jerry and Rick are having an adventure
Source?
>>
>>91226038
https://youtu.be/iVm4PjFiTzw
>>
>>91226159
Thanks, Anon
>>
>>91225769
To be fair it was a really well made Burger commercial. Really banking on a callback to better times in america
>>
wasn't really that funny and i realized how fucking garbage western tv animation is after watching space dandy which is basically the same concept as this(random sci-fi bullshit plots) except it's animated sixteen billion times better
>>
>>91224638
Very disappointing. I know Rick and Morty doesn't have to be like The Venture Bros in terms it of having season long story and character arcs but man.... Literally everything they set up at the end at the end of Season 2 has already been resolved. What was the point of setting all of that up?

They could've had one or two episodes about Rick trying to get out of prison and episodes of everyone interacting with this new version of Earth now that aliens are living among them. I feel like there was an opportunity to expand on what they set up for this season at the end of season 2 but now Rick is out of prison, the aliens left Earth and the federation of Rick's is gone. All of that in just 22 minutes.
>>
>>91225481
Right, the main thing is that both the Federation and the Council of Ricks have been left severely depowered but still functioning, and they're both more antagonistic towards Rick than they were before. The entire world knows about aliens and might still be more advanced than before. It's an interesting status quo alteration without being overly restrictive like keeping Earth in the full Federation would have been.
>>
>>91225843
>1 American show trumps a Japanese show and a Japanese-inspired show made by a Russian.

This is Trump's America.
>>
Humor-wise and action/intrigue-wise it was moderately up to snuff, but I'm a little worried that they're trying to get me to emotionally care about characters who it would be generous to call "cautionary tales" as opposed to just plain Family Guy levels of horrible people.
>>
It was great how they used plot points from past episodes to solve the issue, I know it's kind of hacky to solve everything in one episode but it's still better than not caring about those loose ends at all (which is what most other shows do).

The episode was chaotic and fun and that's all I want from the show, it's also nice how they threw the character drama away since it drags the adventures down. Season 3 has more potential than season 2 already since we won't have to suffer through another Beth and Jerry subplot anymore.
>>
>>91224638
BUUURRRPP MORTY WE GOTTA GO TO MCDONALDS MORTY FART JOKE MORTY

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY MORTY
>>
>>91226484
I felt the federation pres blowing his brains out was pretty funny but south park did that joke better.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Tammy S3.jpg (123KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Tammy S3.jpg
123KB, 1276x720px
>>91224638
Who hates Tammy even more now?
>>
>>91227220
everybody
>>
>>91227220
A bit less, honestly.
>>
>>91224638
it was a meme episode taylor made for reddit
>>
>>91224638
Thought it was okay.
Summer was the only one that provided any real comedy, Jerry was just hitting one-note territory, and Rick always had some good lines.

Morty shooting Rick and being all "oh wow haha good thing i read that note" is literally the same gag from Total Rickall but reversed, really disappointed with the rehash

All in all, I'm excited. Bout to get post-ironic up in this bitch
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Phoenix Person.jpg (254KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Phoenix Person.jpg
254KB, 1276x720px
>>91227220
Well, I can't wait to see her R_PED Hard.
>>
>>91228317
Yeah. She didn't have to bring Bird Person back from the dead.
>>
>>91226257
>Literally everything they set up at the end at the end of Season 2 has already been resolved.
I hope they get to evil Morty asap.
>>
>>91227220
I actually love her.

I hope she wins and kills Rick.
>>
>>91224638
It made no sense in conjunction with the finale of season 2
>>
>>91227220
>>91228817
wait wtf when was this shown?
>>
>>91226306
>main character's a Mexican, technically illegal, immigrant who's constantly drunk and mooches off his (mostly white) family
>Trump's America
>>
>>91229233
after the credits
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Comic.png (837KB, 1207x466px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Comic.png
837KB, 1207x466px
>>91229233
My friend sent it by G-mail.
>>
I liked it a lot. There were quite a few twists I didnt see coming (getting the corpse Rick's portal gun, seeing it smashed after they went to the first world, a bunch of CoR members showing up there) but they all made sense. Im actually glad they wrapped up so many plot threads at once, it was chaotic and crazy as fuck and even though I like the show's continuity I wouldnt want it to get too bogged down by having the same threats and antagonists appear over and over. This frees up the season for more one off adventures and I think that honestly fits the show better.

Comedy was pretty good. Nothing that made me laugh my ass off but still plenty of solid gags. Actually the alien bug guy just talking about how good the sauce is while seeing Ricks family killed had me cracking up for a while.

Im glad Beth and Jerry are splitting up, it'll be nice to see something new done with the characters. Really looking forward to Beth going on an adventure with Rick. It'll be interesting to see if Rick tries to be on good behavior around her, I think he'll at least try to bring her on 'nicer' adventures than he takes Morty on.
>>
>>91224638
It was great, I've been on Reddit all day talking about it!
>>
Waiting for Evil Morty, will he team up with divorced Jerry?
>>
My thoughts while watching it were "Wait a fucking minute this is samurai jack's timeslot."
>>
>>91224638
I liked it, I wasn't really into the idea of the world changing that much, so I didn't mind that it all wrapped up in an episode. They maybe went a little too far with the Rickocide and the galactic government getting almost completely destroyed, but I'm sure they'll bring back bits if they are interesting.

One thing I did miss, is that I felt like there was some genuine feelings about the abandonment that weren't explored for everyone. Beth especially comes out as being dangerously dependent on Rick, and while I think Jerry sucks, I agree with him that Rick goes too far and gets away with it all the time.

As usual, I enjoyed the little sweet moments of Summer and Morty trying to protect each other.
>>
>>91224638
It was both gay and immature because all the fart jokes, weak male jokes, science jerk, stupid woman and sjw woman stuff. I mean, woman in real life sucks but it doesn't need to be reminded. Jerry is a Canadian.

The weak galactic federation system was the worst part. No wonder why they didn't wanted to air the episode, it is shit.
>>
>>91224638
Pretty good. I liked how it restored the status quo for more adventures with rick and morty, the series was starting to feel a little less free with that overarching arch that S2 had going on
>>
>>91224638
it was 30 mins of blatant mcdonalds adds, anyone who liked it is a tool
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-14-17h03m07s292.png (445KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-14-17h03m07s292.png
445KB, 853x480px
>>91230316
Annd here's BAIT GUY.
>>
File: 2013meme.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2013meme.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Pretty great

Love seeing all the ass blasted fags who wanted some 12 episode serious adventure plot an animated sitcom.

I do hate how much more dark they are turning Morty into though
>>
File: 1417840162829.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1417840162829.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>91229233
>near the end of S1
>realize there are post-credits scenes
>have to back through each episode to see them
>>
>>91230565
Makes sense to me, the more fucking nuts they make Rick, the more Morty has to be serious to deal with it.

Though that ending scene with them was very, very S1 in tone. I think the whole episode was a tone reset in a way.
>>
File: NEW ENEMY.png (77KB, 336x187px) Image search: [Google]
NEW ENEMY.png
77KB, 336x187px
>Phoenix Person

THIS IS NOT OK
>>
Into it. I like how they simplified a lot of plot bloat by killing the council and the federation as hegemonic but still can use them later as fragments. Gives it more room.

Glad they're acknowledging that Rick isn't a good guy. There's stuff about him that is, things that aren't. Keeping him complicated and conflicted instead of just making him like dr. house.

Curious about the divorce, hope it goes like Moral Orel. Its good to see Summer doing stuff but no replacing Morty.

Fast pacing was fun, helps keep things from getting to self indulgent and overly deep bullshit.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Rick's Nightmare.jpg (121KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Rick's Nightmare.jpg
121KB, 850x480px
>>91230885
This wasn't ether..
>>
>>91224638
Too much plot armor to show Rick off as the ultimate badass.
Mostly weak jokes.
Shit development.

4/10, maybe 5.
>>
>>91226270
>>91225481
You guys are gving this show too much credit.
Maybe if I pretend to remember things wrong, I will make a virus that lets me switch bodies with you anons.
>>
>>91224638
It was okay. Indifferent on how quickly they ignored/wrapped up the season 2 finale. I found all the blatant product shipping extremely annoying.
>>
>>91226270
Nope, back to status quo.
>>
>>91231103

I hope we get to see more of little Beth and Diane.
>>
>>91224638

Mega link?
>>
>>91224782
And I want some McNuggets with Szechuan sauce.

I've been angrily tweeting at McDonalds, but my fingers got tired and I got hungry so I waddled over to get the nuggets and dipped it in Sweet & Sour mixed with BBQ. It was pretty satisfying.
>>
>>91230316
>hating Rick & Morty
Looks like reddit's finally here! We were having such a good time until you showed up.
>>
>>91232647
>People on /co/ are incapable of having shitty opinions or shitposting in general.

Refusing to confront idiots in your community is how your community becomes a safe haven for idiots.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Diane.jpg (126KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Diane.jpg
126KB, 1276x720px
>>91232647
>>91232720
Well, I'm board.

>Cheers
>>
>>91232768

>Freckles
>Platinum blonde
>Supportive and cute personality

God tier waifu.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_PokyRick_Rick.jpg (201KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_PokyRick_Rick.jpg
201KB, 1276x720px
>>91233130
Gotta pok'em all M8

>That it.
>>
>>91224638
I keep getting annoyed at all the memes that the show makes or leak out of more annoying parts of the internet because of this show and it makes me want to hate it,

but then I see a new episode like this and remember it's actually funny so none of that matters.
>>
>>91224881
>Sort of felt less like Rick being a funny asshole and more being an actually terrible person
This was the amazing bit for me. The speech at the end seems like its marking a shift to where Rick's relationship with Morty is going from being just sort of one sided and neglectful to being actually somewhat manipulative and abusive. This paired with how Morty seems to be getting a little more of an arch and becoming a stronger, more assertive character is bound to be pretty interesting.
>>
>>91224881
>>91224999
Its literally perfect and I'm glad there will always be people who hate that they did this. It was a big middle finger to any retard who wants to take the show overly serious. It got back to what the show is about. Rick and fucking Morty.

The preview for the next episode is Rick as a pickle. That is the kind of shit this show is good at. Not some gay ass family drama. Nearly infinite potential at wacky sci-fi shenanigans doesn't need to be wasted on another Family Guy cartoon sitcom.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.