[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I were to watch an X-Men cartoon, which one should I watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: standard_fantastic[1].jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
standard_fantastic[1].jpg
20KB, 250x250px
If I were to watch an X-Men cartoon, which one should I watch? I know the '92 series is the most iconic/popular, but I have vaguely fond memories of Evolution.
>>
>>91223484
Neither. Watch Wolverine and the X-men.
>>
>>91223529
That's ok, but the worst place to start.

92 first, then do Evolution and into Wolverine and the X-men since it's the sequel
>>
>>91223484
>>91223718
The 92 series aged like hot milk. Evolution is ok but gets a lot better when they get rid of spyke. Wolverine and the x-men was ok but only lasted one season.
>>
>>91223761
recently binged 92, it's still great
>>
>>91223718
>then do Evolution and into Wolverine and the X-men since it's the sequel
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>91223780
are you fucking retarded? It was exactly the sequal
>>
>>91223484
X-Men 92 if you just want nostalgia, 90s animation and the closest adaptations of comic storylines.

X-Men Evolution if you want 00s nostalgia, a literal High school au but with balanced screen time for the whole cast, but the only one to actually have a long term story arc that actually ended.

WATXM if you want endless Wolverine wank even though he's not allowed to actually cut people with his claws. There were a couple of cool Nightcrawler episodes though
>>
>>91223840
No, it wasn't you giant fucking retard.
>>
Evolution had a better Apocalypse.
>>
>>91223840
>Iceman and Kitty are still teenagers and were dating.
>Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler and Forge were adults
>Wanda and Rogue weren't goths
>Polaris existed and was Magneto's favorite

I could go on
>>
>>91223484
watch all of them
>>
>>91223909
And by that, a better story. The original from season 1 was rushed and the horsemen looked like shitty action figures.

Still a fun series.
>>
>>91223956
It was a reshuffling and time skip for some character, but it was a continuation, same designs for a lot of them (unless aging happened), same character concepts and some of the same storylines were continued.
>>
>>91223840
it's visually similar but it's not related
>>Wolverine and the X-men was ok but only lasted one season
Age of Apocalypse arc would've been sweet
>>
>>91224068
All of that is 100% false. It's fine if you want to think of the show like that, but stop trying to make it seem like it was a literal continuation. It was called a spiritual sequel, that's as far as they said it. Doesn't mean it was literally a continuation.
>>
>>91223909
I'd say that the Apocalypses in '92 X-Men and Evolution summed the shows up; '92 was faithful to the comics, but the right kind of hammy, whereas Evolution had him more realistic and subdued, which worked in its own.
>>
>>91223718
I'd agree with the other guy it's best to start with wolverine and the xmen something more current
>>
>>91223484
OG X-Men > W&TXM > final season of Evolution > 80's pilot episode > Anime > Evolution S1-2 > OG final season
cannot be disputed
>>
>>91224490
Not really.

They actually changed Apocalypse to his classic form/X-Men '92 voice SPECIFICALLY because, when he first appeared, fans shitted all over him as far as "NOT MAH PACCALIPS!!!"

Also, the X-Men 92 cartoon was hit or miss with faithfulness. Proteus Saga, Phalanx Covenent, and the introduction of Lady Deathstrike strayed so far from the source material, Proteus Saga in particular given how they completely pussied out on the gore and death and Proteus being pure evil, that it was embarassing. Especially since, with regards to the Proteus Saga, that they completely neutered that storyline but KEPT Jean Grey committing suicide in the Dark Phoenix Saga
>>
>>91225340
there was A LOT of censoring happing for the 92 cartoon, so some of the stuff had to be neutered
>>
>>91225340
>KEPT Jean Grey committing suicide in the Dark Phoenix Saga
So? She was alive like 5 minutes later.
>>
>>91223529
>Neither. Watch Wolverine and the X-men.
I like this guy.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.