[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_0056.jpg (80KB, 283x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
80KB, 283x315px
Both of them are at the same level they were at at the end of their respective series
>>
>>91219911
Korra lost every fight she was in.
>>
>Avatar State works
>Avatar State is broke as shit

Gee I wonder
>>
Korra easily - she's more athletic .

Spritually Aang is stronger though
>>
File: 1485527983729.gif (813KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485527983729.gif
813KB, 192x200px
>>91219911
why
>>
>>91219911
Aang he has better feats than Korra.
>>
File: Charlie frown.jpg (38KB, 924x308px) Image search: [Google]
Charlie frown.jpg
38KB, 924x308px
>>91219911
>Korra easily - she's more athletic .
Yeah, great reasoning there.
>>
Couldn't Aang just take her bending away?

I mean the real way, not some bullshit waterbending trick
>>
>>91219911
Aand was psychologically superior to her by the end. A child of his age was more mature/at peace compared to Kora in her late teen years.

Granted Aang was a damn monk but still.
>>
>>91220327
then she can bring it right back idiot
>>
File: chuckle.png (256KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
256KB, 720x540px
>>91220363
>then she can bring it right back idiot
>she couldn't even bring her bending back herself when it wasn't spirit bending

I think you're the idiot here.
>>
>>91220424
she gives back the bending of all the people amon took it from fool did you even watch the show you fucking fool
>>
Korra has a much more agressive fighting style in comparison to Aang
(She's a natural firebender while he's a natural airbender). I wonder how that play into it?
>>
>>91220500
Which is a skill she was granted by Aang, and he's the one who removed her block in the first place. If we're having the two fight, he can remove her bending and then there would be nothing she can do about it without Aang's spirit there for backup.
>>
>>91220550
Well Aang always seemed to excel against people with aggressive fighting styles so probably wouldn't be that big a problem for him. I think a bigger factor is that aang's avatar state is going to be vastly superior to korra's.
>>
>>91220500
And yet it still wasn't spirit bending. Did you not watch the show?
>>
File: songbirdpanel.jpg (127KB, 674x770px) Image search: [Google]
songbirdpanel.jpg
127KB, 674x770px
>>91220619
thats fucking stupid and why do that why take way another avatars bending why even fight this shit is fucking stupid
>>
>>91220633
Interesting points.

Korra's avatar state is pretty strong though. She was able to stop that mecha's energy beam.
>>
>>91220650
did you
>>
File: Topman mtep.jpg (71KB, 609x605px) Image search: [Google]
Topman mtep.jpg
71KB, 609x605px
>>91220678
>>
>>91220619
Ozai or Amon's Father Korra is not, it's a good bet that he wouldn't de-bend her in a fight.
>>
>>91219911
By the end when the matured and got over her PTSD Korra was stronger than Aang
>>
>>91220619
>Which is a skill she was granted by Aang, and he's the one who removed her block in the first place.
If it was Aang's skill then he wouldn't need to access the Avatar State to use it. His eyes glow against Ozai and against Amon's dad when he uses it which means he's calling on the Avatar State.
He used it to help her, but it is not restricted to him.

Also, like most Avatar threads nowadays, this thread is shit and the OP made this with clear intentions.
>>
>>91220851
>By the end when the matured and got over her PTSD Korra was stronger than Aang
>Aang gets over his problems in an afternoon
>Korra takes three years
Aang's stronger and better, deal with it.
>>
I want to see Aang wreck Korra in a fist-fight
>>
>>91219911
Bitch Korra had to be rescued from every final villain fight ever.
>>
>>91220930
You mean Aang was a rushed series because it sure does take a day to get over depression right :^)
>>
>>91221072
>You mean Aang was a rushed series because it sure does take a day to get over depression right :^)
Only a bitch gets depression from their own failures that they caused themselves because they are a terrible character. Like >>91221065
said she had to be rescued from her own mistakes that she caused with no one else contributed to her failure except herself...and her parents and guardians and coworkers and friends - the other idiots around her who she also bailed out and in turn got bailed out since they were all poorly written.
>>
> /co/ complains about Korra being a flat character
> watch show
> she's harsh, impulsive and arrogant, just as you'd expect a girl of her age and power to be
> shitty season 2 aside seasons 3 and 4 are nothing but character growth for her as she recovers after being broken mentally and physically
> by the end of the series she is wiser, restrained, humble and a totally different character from what she started

I don't know if the people here who bitched about this stopped at season 2 but I don't see how they can complain about the lack of character development when she goes through quite the arc
>>
>>91221400
from what i see its just the same guys bitching over and over
>>
>>91221400
>> by the end of the series she is wiser, restrained, humble and a totally different character from what she started
At the end of the series she picks a fight when the president already surrendered and fought in the city to the point where the enemy destroyed a large portion of it and then in an attempt to save the enemy she created another spirit portal which furthers makes it so real estate is uninhabitable for humans.
Zaheer still has the moral high ground so she's not wiser than the terrorist that tried to kill her.
She's not restrained because she still fought with Kuvira.
She's humbled, not humble. She's humbled meanwhile every single other character gets to remain the same and be awesome with no consequences except for Tenzin and her.

She is the most interesting character on the show, but that's still comparing shit to other shit except her shit matters and doesn't smell as bad as the rest. And you would not except someone who was raised with the idea of Aang in mind to be harsh, impulsive, and arrogant especially when Aang's wife was her teacher and she grew up with her parents in the general vicinity. She goes through an arc, kicking and screaming, and it is not something she benefits from since the world moves on without her contributing positively of her own volition but rather being a passenger in her own show meanwhile the chuckle fucks around her do the actual change.
>>
>>91221645
>At the end of the series she picks a fight when the president already surrendered and fought in the city to the point where the enemy destroyed a large portion of it and then in an attempt to save the enemy she created another spirit portal which furthers makes it so real estate is uninhabitable for humans.

Everyone wanted to fight for their city, regardless of what the president did
They did their best to evacuate the city
Complaining about real estate there is some next level grasping at straws shit which I won't even bother to touch

>She's not restrained because she still fought with Kuvira.
There was no other way, and in the end she reasoned with her younger self would have probably been out for a fight

>. She goes through an arc, kicking and screaming, and it is not something she benefits from since the world moves on without her contributing positively of her own volition but rather being a passenger in her own show meanwhile the chuckle fucks around her do the actual change.
Kicking and screaming? That makes no sense? She choose her own paths to follow, she's nto dragged around by someone else
Tenzin said it right in the show how she contributed to the world for the better and how she has done more in a few years than other avatars achieved in their life time, with the proper examples to back it up

Also, quite a few of the characters besides her and Tenzin get to change
>>
>>91219911
Korra could just slap some metal on him and he'd be helpless, so I guess she'd win.
>>
>>91219984
What makes you think Korra is more athletic? Aang was lean and dodged damn near everything that was hurled at him throughout the show.
>>
File: Avatar_Kyoshi.png (86KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
86KB, 333x250px
who gives a shit better avatar right here
>>
>>91221948
>Also, quite a few of the characters besides her and Tenzin get to change
True: Korra, Tenzin, and Lin. That's the people who get to change for the worse.

>Complaining about real estate there is some next level grasping at straws shit which I won't even bother to touch
The spirits have a whole world to themselves and have no need for resources. Now a whole borough of Republic City is in ruins/overrun with huge vines. She made a choice to continue the fight right then and there and that decision is leading into the conflict in the upcoming comic.

Reasoning was still something her younger self did. She reached out to Unalaq and Zaheer too, though since it's an action/adventure show the antagonist will not be swayed.
>>
>>91221400
As I've said multiple times before, Korra was the best-written character in a terrible show.
>>91222555
double trips man
>>
>>91222555

Athletic is the wrong word - she's more physical I guess?
>>
>>91219911
Aang is superior in every way, but if it went down on TV Korra would win because gurl powa! ra ra.
>>
File: ozai.jpg (192KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ozai.jpg
192KB, 720x480px
If you were Fire Lord, how would you have killed the Avatar and won the war?

Hard Mode: How would you be able to actually make the Fire Nation great, and make sure Azula doesn't fuck it all up after you die?
>>
>>91219929
fpbp
>>
>>91223622
>Korra was the best-written
"LOL GEE LET ME DO STUPID SHIT"

So well-written.
>>
>>91219911
They're the same person. It's like arguing who would win in a fight God or Jesus
>>
File: Random_Equalist_chi_blocker.png (108KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Random_Equalist_chi_blocker.png
108KB, 444x250px
>>91223657
>she's more physical I guess
pic related

>>91221400
>just as you'd expect a girl of her age and power to be
you don't expect her to be retarded, and you expect her to LEARN from her mistakes, something she never does.
>>
>>91220741
Well Aang was able to reverse or create natural disasters.
>>
>>91221400
>by the end of the series she is wiser
That's why she leaves the south without warning anyone where she was going?

>restrained
'hey, let me warn people i'm going to beat them up before actually doing it.. character growth, amirite?'
>>
>>91224056
God and Jesus aren't the same person.

Also, they're not the same person. To begin with, the avatar can disagree with the past lives.
>>
>>91219911
Is this a fucking joke
>Broken ass super-Avatar-state bending level that's so unparalleled the hardest part of a fight with the final boss was not killing him
VS
>Avatar state weak it's literally not even a factor in the final battle

Even without the avatar state he'd curbstomp her, but with it, it's just plain unfair. She'd be popping out a litter of airbender babies in nine months following their fight, that's how bad he'd rape her.
>>
>>91223953
>won the war
Isn't this a Star Wars situation, in which conquering the world under a single banner is literally harmful to reality?

Actually, why the fuck did Sozin think using the comet for a FIRE SMASH blitzkrieg was going to unite fuckall in the long run?
>>
File: 1462333877312.png (10KB, 205x204px) Image search: [Google]
1462333877312.png
10KB, 205x204px
>>91224117
>wanting a brood of mouthbreathing angry hick babies
Katara's genes were infinitely superior.
>>
>>91224117
>Aang's Avatar State was so much more powerful than Korra's

Was this ever explained?
>>
>>91224487
Does it actually need explanation? LOK is shit, so its main character has to suffer for it. The End.
>>
>>91224487
>Avatar State is a spiritual power
>Korra sucks at the spiritual aspect of being the Avatar
>Aang was amazing at it

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 + 2 together, anon.
>>
>>91223953
I probably would have done the divide and rule thing more, which the fire nation seemed really fucking bad at. Like put a puppet house on the Earth Kingdom throne, make them fight amongst themselves etc. Instead of trying to conquer and garrison a land multiple times your size and population, then just spurging out and trying to kill literally everything with your bare hands.
>>
File: 1460433549575.gif (733KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460433549575.gif
733KB, 600x600px
>>91219911
I imagine Aang, considering that Korra was a miserable fucking failure in quite a few ways.
>>
>>91224487
>Was this ever explained?
If a character can defeat your stronger character then that character is serious business. So you have the strongest character lose that way you can elevate the other character.

It can't be tied to spirituality because Aang had trouble connecting to his past lives at will throughout Airbender yet his Avatar State was strong. And it can't be tied to spirituality because spiritual people can mediate into the spirit world at will and not just in certain situations.

Also Bryke are hacks and we can't have nice things.
>>
Korra was a completely incompetent Avatar that earned nothing and had to be given everything.
>>
>>91224711

Hi E.R.
>>
>>91219911
At the end of their series? Aang would eaily beat Korra, he is not only stronger on a personal level his avatar state also 1, works and 2, is much stronger than Korras.
>>
I don't understand the people that defend korra. Are you guys real human beings? That shit was a travesty. I'm not even talking about the lesbian ending. I'm not talking about the awkward narrative because "It's modern now! not like ancient Aang days!" Everything about it was a straight downgrade from ATLA. And the worst part about it? It killed the avatar forever. We'll never see another avatar series. And even after Korra, I'd still love to see a new one. Just to see some earthbenders deal with Korra as their only spiritual guide and rando citizens talk shit about the avatar korra, fucking up their livelihood.

And Airbending was the best element, in standard form. Not involving all the extra powers afforded by the elements (i.e. Fire - Electricity, Earth - Lava, Water - healing), Air was the strongest of the four elements because you could never hit him and it had an answer for every element. Basically shown when noone could hit Aang for 3 whole seasons till he got fucked by lightning by getting caught off guard by zuko the snake. How the fuck is korra even supposed to touch him?
>>
>>91225454
>And even after Korra, I'd still love to see a new one.
Oh please no. Not even for the memes. It's not worth the pain and suffering.
>>
>>91221400
Aang was younger than her and more composed even though he lived in constant fear and tried to solve problems in a way that didn't conflict with his morals
>>
>>91225511
I just can't imagine a worse avatar series after Korra. Korra literally got EVERYTHING wrong. I'm sure the characters have some level of self-awareness (indicative in Amon) that they'll be able to note what a huge shitshow Korra is and all the shit she's fucked. If anything, it'll be a whole season dedicated to shitting on Korra. And some of the stuff is left rather open ended. What happened to Ba Sing Se? Whats up with the fire nation now? What's going to happen to Zaheer?
>>
>>91225614
They basically pointed out a plothole themselves and didnt bother to fill it, bryke didn't make atla great their team did
>>
File: Bryke writing.jpg (66KB, 583x630px) Image search: [Google]
Bryke writing.jpg
66KB, 583x630px
>>91225614
>>91225511
Honestly, I'd prefer a universe reset after Korra.

Technology advanced to fast, and the ending of Korra really fucked it up with the giant mecha in particular being wayyy out of the genre and just pretty badly fitting into the overall universe.

Then again after Korra I have no confidence in Bryke to do anything, what made ATLA great really wasn't them and it showed hard in Korra. Fuck it even began to show in Book 3, Book 2 being best Avatar ever was and depressingly ever will be.
>>
>>91225614
The thing is, LOK fucked up the entire lore and universe in general, not just itself. It's just not possible to fix that without MASSIVE retcon.

I'm also not as confident as >>91225717 seems to be that, say, Ehasz could do much better. A lot of what made ATLA great was a product of the 2000s, and I'm not sure it could really be replicated in the 2010s, or more like 2020s now.

The franchise needs to be forgotten. Perhaps something like it will come along someday.
>>
>>91225801
>A lot of what made ATLA great was a product of the 2000s, and I'm not sure it could really be replicated in the 2010s, or more like 2020s now.

Could you expand on this?
>>
She broke the avatar connection... so, yeah.
>>
>>91225840
>next Avatar just has the useless falure that is Korra

Also even explaining that whole thing was dumb. There is such a thing as mysticism, explaining it away really hurt the avatar mythos imo
>>
>>91225454
>Just to see some earthbenders deal with Korra as their only spiritual guide and rando citizens talk shit about the avatar korra, fucking up their livelihood.
If it didn't happen for Aang then it wouldn't happen for Korra. The world was at war for 100 years and no one went up to Aang and blamed Roku or Aang.
And as for spiritual guide, that's what the people around you are for since they are living in the world that the current Avatar is currently residing in. For example, Luke didn't ask Obi-Wan's ghost what to do once a day every day, or Yoda's ghost. It was Luke decision based on what he experienced.

In the hypothetical next series that would come after LoK, yes the /co/ version would be everyone talks shit about Korra and the earthbender Avatar hates her and fixes everything by the end of each season.

>>91225801
>A lot of what made ATLA great was a product of the 2000s,
This isn't the original Deus Ex or Harry Potter. AtLA was a great story and there is always an environment for that.
>>
File: korra ang fusion.jpg (751KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
korra ang fusion.jpg
751KB, 2550x3300px
>>91219911
Why not fuse them?
>>
>>91225614
Considering the comics are going downhill from the show i don't want bryke to make any more avatar, it can always become worse
>>
File: 1419092575274.jpg (25KB, 345x194px) Image search: [Google]
1419092575274.jpg
25KB, 345x194px
>>91226031
>>
Could Tenzin take Season 1 Aang? How about Season 2?
>>
>>91226106
Season 1? As in out of the iceberg?

Well they are both Air bending masters. I'd say that it'd be fairly even.

By the end of book 1 or the middle of book 2, my money would be on aang.
>>
>>91226214
Yes, but they're very different types of airbending masters. Aang is very active and athletic, while Tenzin is more passive.
>>
>>91225801
I watched LOK a while ago. How did it fuck up the entire lore and universe? As far as I know, Vaatu, all the previous avatar iterations losing their ability to influence in the avatar state are the only aspects which it fucked up but not entirely irrecoverable from.
>>
File: 1419014451392.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419014451392.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>91226359
I would put it down to:
-Technological change going far too fast
-the entire first avatar backstory. All of it was just well animated midichlorians
-the entire second season finale. The writers themselves admitted they didn't know what they were doing and in canon there is no real reason for any of the events to be happening

But that's just me, I am sure there are more
>>
>>91225836
It's actually really hard to describe if you're haven't specifically studied this type of stuff. There's an "innocence" throughout ATLA that isn't present in LOK, and isn't present in any modern cartoon I've seen either. And for the record, I first watched ATLA well after it ended, so it couldn't possibly be nostalgia talking there.

Maybe someone else can elaborate on what I'm trying and failing to specify here.
>>
File: woman point anger.jpg (26KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
woman point anger.jpg
26KB, 400x267px
>>91226031
We will have no filthy Dragon Ball/SU talk in this thread, young (wo)man!
>>
>>91224487
They fucked up and gave Korra a way too powerful ability for them (the writers) to handle. The only solution for them was to nerf it into the ground.
>>
The earth avatar would be fucked, there's no way around it.

Korras solution to every problem is to punch it.

That's not a realistic solution to every problem.
>>
>>91222624
Fuck off with this meme. Kyoshis only great victory was an accident. she created a fascist state that undermined the rightful king and made the people weak. Also threw Aung under the bus by being an obtuse cunt.
>>
>>91228531
>Also threw Aung under the bus by being an obtuse cunt.
>implying the other Avatars weren't
>>
>>91219984
>more athletic

Aang was LITERALLY untouchable when he wanted to be.
>>
>>91219911
Aang would try to fight Korra, because (X PLOT DEVICE SAYS SO). Korra would talk him down. They'd have tea. Korra would win, via redefining her goal and accomplishing it.

That said, at the end of the series you have two masters-of-all-elements, one that's recently recovered from mercury poisoning and has put herself through a hellish recuperation process that basically amounts to FIGHT UNTIL YOU MOVE LIKE YOU SHOULD AGAIN, the other of which is 12. I'd still give it to Korra.
>>
>>91228600
>Aang would try to fight Korra, because (X PLOT DEVICE SAYS SO). Korra would talk him down.
>Aang instigating
>Korra being peaceful
You got that backwards mate.
>>
>>91228550
No I mean by just saying she killed King Manlet when actually explaining what happened could have helped
>>
>>91228600
Korra would talk Aang down? Aang is more likely to just not fight her at all.

Also Korra didn't really fight to get over her poisoning, she needed time and calm which she got in the svamp.
>>
>>91228600
Switch Aang and Korras names around, and you'd be right.

>Aang
>The pacifist
>Starting the conflict
>Not Korra, the one who's solution to her problems is to punch them
>>
>>91228662
I thought Aang already knew the story? It was pretty heavily implied, if not stated outright...
>>
>>91228290
>That's not a realistic solution to every problem.
The person who wields the sword often determines who wields the pen. To overcome Zhao at the North Pole, Aang punched the Fire Nation navy under Zhao back with the help of the Ocean spirit. To overcome Azula and her suggestive Drill, Aang punched the supports down. To overcome the Fire Lord, Aang punched him until he could finger him.

This is an action adventure show for children. Punching needs to happen, it must. The Earth Avatar would not be fucked in the same way that Wan wasn't fucked nor the Avatar after Wan. You experience the world and get a solution from it. Aang get "get out of problem almost free" cards from the past Avatars but ultimately dismissed their idea for Ozai and found a way to keep being a pacifist. Aang didn't rely on their solutions to tell him what to do.
>>
>>91225801
>without a massive retcon
Just hop full force into the future and have characters admit that the 'Legend of Korra' might not be 100% truthful and nobody knows what really happened back then. The word 'Legend' is in the title and legends get changed or tweaked down the line after being retold or rewritten over and over.

Have a kid listening to the legends comment that the mech thing and giant drill in both series seemed to stupid to be real and the storyteller laugh and say they added that for more excitement.
>>
>>91223689
But Aang is literally an oppressed minority. Also a Batman pacifist.
>>
>>91224011
I mean, this isn't an argument but I don't disagree with the sentiment.
>>
>>91219911
If avatar state works, then obviously Korra, since everything Aang knows and can do Korra knows and cando too, plus her own ability.
>>
>>91224116
>God and Jesus aren't the same person.
They're literally a single entity manifesting in different states of being. God, man, and spirit. Do you even New Testament?
>>
>>91224487
Aang was a monk.
>>
>>91229512
Korra doesn't have past lives avatar state at the end of her show so shes on her own.
>>
>>91225717
Yeah, if we went with the current pace of tech advancement then the next avatar would live in Neo Republic City.
>>
>>91224200
>Popped out a non-bender
Nah
>>
>>91224116
So Lord = God, right? Well when you get baptized (at my former church at least), you are asked "What is your confession?" to which you reply "Jesus is lord".

Basically, see >>91229533
>>
File: Angry Katara.gif (244KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Katara.gif
244KB, 500x396px
>>91226031
>>
>>91228290
No, but Earth is the element best suited to that mentality.
>>
>>91221645
>Zaheer still has the moral high ground
The motherfucker went against his goddamn hostage deal! The guy preaching about freedom KEPT PRISONERS, fuck you he doesn't get any moral high ground.
>>
>>91229230
heh, and make them look like Mike and Bryan. And make them massive alcoholics that die to advance the plot.
>>
>>91224059
What is up with autists bringing up some inconsequential fight that happened at the very beginning of the series like it means anything?
>>
>>91229776
He knew team avatar would try to undermine the deal
>>
>>91225454
>>91225840
>>91225919
So did Aang, but he got it back.

Korra probably will too in the comics.
>>
>>91230008
I mean, he kinda did.

Korra did it in a way that you can't undo without a retcon. Or some asspulling which would be unprecedented even in Avatar
>>
>>91228662
She essentially knew she was killing him b/c he never retreats or some shit. Her actions allowed Kyoshi to break their vassal state status
>>
>>91224487
Aang was a better avatar, so he could use the power better.

Pottery
>>
>>91219911
Water benders are shit avatars
Air Benders get shit done and change the world when they're avatars
>>
>>91230153
Earth Benders literally create distinct ethnic groups by rearranging fucking geography.

Come back when your air benders can keep their culture from being obliterated by other (better) nations
>>
>>91229928
It's the new meme among /co/'s resident Korrahaters.
>>
File: 1433992563033.gif (761KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1433992563033.gif
761KB, 500x278px
>>91230459
>Korrahaters

Really? Show's been done for 3 years and its barely talked about outside of occasional hate threads and porn. I doubt it has enough interest to generate "haters"
>>
>>91230008
>So did Aang, but he got it back.
Which just goes to show you that Aang is the better person and Avatar. Even when he dies he can keep his powers and doesn't take so long to heal.

>>91229928
>What is up with autists bringing up some inconsequential fight that happened at the very beginning of the series like it means anything?
It's that weird part where you expect the person who had thirteen years to train in fighting with the ability to reshape the world around them losing to someone who needs to get in close to attack and only spent the amount of time Amon was working in the city to get people to want to overthrow their neighbors.

If she loses, then she's incompetent. If she wins, then the Equalists are not a threat. Of course if you have good writing then you can have the hero actually win and not end the conflict right there but LoK didn't have good writing and instead needed to have the main character lose all the time except for at the very end.
>>
>>91230008
>So did Aang, but he got it back.
No, he had his chi path blocked that was later pushed back into place, Korra DESTROYED the connection to all her previous lives and never got it back.
>>
>>91225717
>Technology advanced to fast,
Nigga, in 70 years we went from horses being the primary mode of transportation to putting a man on the moon

Keeping in mind what technologies we see the Fire Nation/Mechanist have, it's easily believable that technology got to where it is.

>and the ending of Korra really fucked it up with the giant mecha in particular being wayyy out of the genre and just pretty badly fitting into the overall universe.
You can dislike it all you want but it fits fine.

>Then again after Korra I have no confidence in Bryke to do anything, what made ATLA great really wasn't them and it showed hard in Korra.
(You) have no idea what you're talking about or are attempting to be a revisionist
>>
>>91230608
LOK was so bad it spawned a legion of permahaters, who pop in here occasionally.
>>
>>91225801
>The thing is, LOK fucked up the entire lore and universe in general, not just itself. It's just not possible to fix that without MASSIVE retcon.
No it didn't.
>>
>>91230769
>not knowing ATLA's production history
what a noob
>>
>>91226436
>-Technological change going far too fast
Nope

>-the entire first avatar backstory.
Makes perfect sense

>All of it was just well animated midichlorians
Don't tell me you fell for that meme. Midichlorians are not bad and are not the force, nor are they powerlevels.

>-the entire second season finale.
While not anywhere near the best, isn't that bad

>and in canon there is no real reason for any of the events to be happening
You're retarded.

>The writers themselves admitted they didn't know what they were doing
When?
>>
>>91221400
>character growth
She goes back to being an arrogant incompetent 2 episodes in
>>
File: 1419326050307.png (163KB, 597x420px) Image search: [Google]
1419326050307.png
163KB, 597x420px
>>91230769
>got to where it is.
I see. Where the hell is my Mecha suit?

That and I think the tech was out of the setting and it didn't really justify it. I imagine the thought process was 'Equalists must be a threat, they can only go toe to toe with benders if they have more advanced tech, so we need to advance tech a few year'.

Also the Fire nation had steam, which worked because FIRE nation. Those 70 years in our time were based off centuries of previous technological advances. In the show, centuries worth of tech was dumped into a few decades.

>it fits fine
If only saying it would make it true.

>you have no idea what you are talking about
I mean, refute me if you can. I'd love to be corrected here. ATLA was much, much more then Bryke, and it showed very much in Korra.
>>
>>91230821
(You)
>>
>>91230769
>70 years we went from horses being the primary mode of transportation to putting a man on the moon
False, it took 100's of years after.

>You can dislike it all you want but it fits fine.
No, it was bad. NOT because lgbt pandering, but cause it came out of nowhere. It was so random, Bryke had to take it to twitter to tell what the fuck happened.

>(You) have no idea what you're talking about or are attempting to be a revisionist
wow
Get over yourself, kid. It was shit.
>>
>>91230608
Yep. There's a group of people who hate the show so much they derail every avatar thread they can find just to hate on TLOK. They can't accept that people like the show.

For the first year after the finale they were so autistic they had threads going nonstop every day regurgitating the same points and memes and shit.
>>
File: 1419274128049.png (410KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1419274128049.png
410KB, 704x400px
>>91230892
>nope
what?

>makes perfect sense
Logically it does. In a story sense, it does not.

>your honestly trying to defend Midichlorians based on in story continuity and not as a story device I was comparing them as
Matey what the fuck are you on

>isn't that bad
No. It really was.

>you r dumb
No u

>when?
In the creators commentary, they said that when all they avatar bullshit was happening in the big Republic city fight that they hadn't written a explanation for what was happening and urged the audience to try and fill in the blanks.
>>
>>91230946
me what
>>
>>91230958
Dude, I agree that LOK is shit, but read the comments here and tell me they're wrong: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/5cd4e2/nospoilers_technology_in_avatar/
>>
>>91230941
>I see. Where the hell is my Mecha suit?
The same place your bending is. Nonexistent because we don't live in a science fantasy world where people can control the elements, build massive drills, and design tanks that can climb mountains and flip over.

>That and I think the tech was out of the setting and it didn't really justify it.
HOW

>I imagine the thought process was 'Equalists must be a threat, they can only go toe to toe with benders if they have more advanced tech, so we need to advance tech a few year'.
I'm sure that making the equalists more of a threat was part of it but in 70 years time the tech progression is fine.

>Also the Fire nation had steam, which worked because FIRE nation.
They had more than that

>Those 70 years in our time were based off centuries of previous technological advances. In the show, centuries worth of tech was dumped into a few decades.
Wrong.

>If only saying it would make it true.
It IS true

>I mean, refute me if you can. I'd love to be corrected here.
ATLA wouldn't exist without them. Many of the concepts, stories, characters, designs, world building, etc would not exist without them. They were involved in every single episode. They were writers, directors, executive producers on the show. They were involved in everything, helping shape it into what it is.

>ATLA was much, much more then Bryke, and it showed very much in Korra.
It really wasn't.
>>
>>91231291
The mecha was complete shit.
And ATLA would be too, without Ehasz.
>>
>>91230941
>I imagine the thought process was 'Equalists must be a threat, they can only go toe to toe with benders if they have more advanced tech, so we need to advance tech a few year'.
That's pretty much it. And yet the majority of threads didn't concentrate on this and instead praised how now bending is obsolete in their world as science and technology are moving beyond it and praised how the setting was being treated.

The Equalists should never have been a threat unless they had firearms and Nick isn't going to allow that.
>>
>>91230958
>False, it took 100's of years after.
False, horses were the primary mode of transport to in the early 1900s, and in 1969 men landed on the moon. 70 years.

>No, it was bad. NOT because lgbt pandering, but cause it came out of nowhere. It was so random, Bryke had to take it to twitter to tell what the fuck happened.
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm referring to the mecha

>Get over yourself, kid. It was shit.
Get over yourself manchild, it wasnt.
>>
>>91231061
>what?
Technology didn't advance "too fast"

>Logically it does. In a story sense, it does not.
It does.

>Matey what the fuck are you on
What are you on?

>No. It really was.
It really wasn't.

>In the creators commentary, they said that when all they avatar bullshit was happening in the big Republic city fight that they hadn't written a explanation for what was happening and urged the audience to try and fill in the blanks.
I'll go listen and see if you're telling the truth
>>
>>91231366
>The mecha was complete shit.
Nope.

>And ATLA would be too, without Ehasz.
Hahaha no. That hack wanted Zutara
>>
>>91231571
>That hack wanted Zutara.
Zuko is the best character and we'd get even more porn, even if the pairing it didn't make sense as is in the show the way it was presented.

And the stupid giant mecha in season 4 was complete shit and so was Korra's Avatar State for not being able to damage it.
>>
>>91231571
He wanted Book 4 Zutara. Go educate yourself.
>>
>>91231417
Anon meant from the start of horses as transportation up to the 1960s. Why work backwards from that point when people have been making steps since that earlier point in history?
>>
>>91224487
Technically Aang was infinitely more in touch with his spiritual side over korra, and they retconned how the avatar state works by channeling past lives and instead it's just a power up from some lampray looking piece of shit.
Canonically I'd say because she cut off her past lives experiences and that she was weak spiritually, but in reality its because the original was an infinitely better series and much more well written.
>>
>>91228570
yeah, its so hard watching Korra when freaking Aang was grace incarnate
>>
>>91230614
>It's that weird part where you expect the person who had thirteen years to train in fighting with the ability to reshape the world around them losing to someone who needs to get in close to attack

Nigga, did you miss the legion of elite earthbending soldiers getting taken down by a rich girl trained in a circus?

Did you miss how after the first encounter, Korra beat a shit ton of Equalists?

Did you miss how Aang had trouble with Jet, who is just a guy with swords and has to get close to attack?

Or how Aang tried to keep distance against elite archers instead of fighting them in melee range where they're weaker?

No, you're going to disproportionately bitch about some 15 second fight that happened in the first episode.
>>
>>91230757
>No, he had his chi path blocked that was later pushed back into place
No, the Avatar line was severed. They even directly showed the Avatar line disappearing like Korra.

>Korra DESTROYED the connection
No, Unalaq did. It's not like she burned all the past lives and said "I'm the only Avatar, you got to deal with it!"
>>
>>91226031
Aren't they already the same person?
>>
>>91232816
>Did you miss how Aang had trouble with Jet, who is just a guy with swords and has to get close to attack?
>Or how Aang tried to keep distance against elite archers instead of fighting them in melee range where they're weaker?
Aang doesn't like to fight. He'll avoid it if he can. Korra would fight them, and for good reasons. They are different people but Aang had the mindset of run away and evade.
>>
>>91224011
>strong teenage girl is impulsive
more news at 11
not to mention you're disregarding the last 2 season where that meme no longer applies

>>91228290
>Korras solution to every problem is to punch it.
wrong
try seeing past season 1
>>
File: 1445460983827.jpg (190KB, 545x710px) Image search: [Google]
1445460983827.jpg
190KB, 545x710px
>>91238126
>season 2
>solution to legal troubles is to physically assault the judge and threaten them with death
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.