[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WB has never made a bad direct to video DC movie, and I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: moore read.png (128KB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
moore read.png
128KB, 250x255px
WB has never made a bad direct to video DC movie, and I mean bas as in Avengers Assemble levels of bad.

Even when they go kid friendly, their movies are really solid and they don't seem to talk down to children too much

Most of the complains are either ''not like muh comics!!!'' or ''muh animation could have been a billion times better!! Even Akira was better than this!!''

For example, a person that just happened to stumble across the Killing Joke movie would have enjoyed the shit out of it while most people were expecting a life changing experience based on the comic book hype and the team working on the movie.

The same goes for Justice League War, the only retarded ass complain that I have found is ''Not muh Justice League!!! Thay don't get along, they are like over the top dude bros assholes!!!!!/not like muh comics!!!''

Prove me wrong
>>
>>91217221
So basically WB's DC stuff is the closest a western cartoon has gotten to a true OVA instead of just DTV garbage?
>>
I don't have to

All those exclamation marks prove you aren't being serious and are just posting shitty bait for (You)s

Because you like everyone else knows that WB has never released a good DC movie of any kind direct to video or otherwise
>>
File: reaction dc gotham.jpg (24KB, 493x545px) Image search: [Google]
reaction dc gotham.jpg
24KB, 493x545px
>>91217269
>true OVA instead

The writting is better than what you see in most anime.

Sometimes Japanese people spend like 2 minutes explaining ''that person was talking about something that I found weird!'' or something simple like that and over the top ''douche'' characters that go from zero to uber asshole for no reason.

And let's not even bring comedy, I have never seen a comedic anime or manga that didn't relied on stupid visual humor like a person getting punched because he fell on top of a girl... ugh, I don't even feel like typing it, its just so dumb and clearly written by a really inmature manchildren from japan aimed at dudes with the mentality of 14 year olds

Great animation 99% of the time waste on retarded shit like SAO
>>
>>91217332
>being such a beta pushover that you can't even debate a point because random goalpost.

Must be a tiger with the girls
>>
>>91217221
They made some Miller Batman movies that were increasingly bad even to the fans they were aimed at and suffered poor sales as a result, leading to the reorganization of WB's animation wing (again, because they cannot fucking maintain one properly, ever).

>>91217269
It's targeted principally at a small core audience who are very vocal in what they like and don't like (as is OP) and who have a lot of money to spend on first-release DVD and BluRay.

Basically they're hoping for upwards of $3m each release to justify the cost of production and distribution, distribution is quite low because they're not paying theatrical chains for the release so it's more or less just the unit cost of trucking and of course the production and packaging of each disc, or with digital then it's just the hosting cost (which is considerably higher than physical media cost, in fact, because it's usually done third-party but it has the advantage of not over-producing, or not appearing to, but you can host something for too long).

Not the biggest moneymaker but probably quite profitable in its own right on a per-unit basis and of course has the advantage of testing out stories that have worked in print to see if they can work in another format. Even though it's tempting to think of comic books as storyboards, they can often be quite disjointed by the standards of a movie or tv show and require significant work to get them in some kind of sensible order with the correct narrative flow, all while maintaining the core story. Better to find out from a small project how it works - and how the die-hard fans receive it, since they're opinion-formers now with their blogs and shit - than to find out after spending $3m developing a story for a major motion picture only to figure out that it's impossible to present.
>>
>>91217407
>start an argument
>"you won't debate me, it must mean you're wrong!"

do you even know what a fallacy is
>>
>>91218562
The Millar movies sold more than both the succeeding and preceding movies.
>>
>>91217383
Nichibros has slapstick but is more of bros being bros, even female ones

Even better example, Cromartie
>>
File: boss reaction.jpg (11KB, 384x285px) Image search: [Google]
boss reaction.jpg
11KB, 384x285px
>>91219435
>Nichibros has slapstick

That's my point, they can't into comedy despite being able to handle other genres, there is somehing inhuman about what they do.

Like if they were telling jokes in a school during class while the teacher is arond, they can't go too far so they go for dumb slatpstick and even worse ''sex jokes'' that are basically fanservice that a 14 year old kid would come up with.

Its seriously embarrasing seeing people with really great talent for animation being also the ones that came up with the stupid cliche of ''MC trips, falls into girls boobs'' which is the most off putting thing that anime has for most people
>>
>>91217221
Based Alan Moore reading Little Lulu.

Patrician tastes confirmed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.