[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Transformers map.jpg (863KB, 2631x2049px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers map.jpg
863KB, 2631x2049px
Why is Transformers canon so fucked up and is is it more fucked than DC canon?
>>
It's not.
Transformers canon is easy to follow, seeing as most series are separate universes alltogether that are totally unrelated with exceptions here and there

G1 canon = G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines (Jap doesn't count, at all)
RiD = its own thing
Armada, Cyberton, Energon = their own canon
Animated = it's own canon
Bayformers = it's own canon
TF Prime, Rescue Bots, and RiD (second series called that) = their own canon, and if you wanna be technical, TECHNICALLY the "cybertron" games are also part of this canon as a prequel

That's pretty much the main important shit for the franchise, very simply, stuff that wasn't released in the West doesn't count, comics are largely their own thing and a whole lot of the stuff on that chart is minor/inconsequential shit that is not very important to any canon
>>
File: David Wise RhinoDVD01.jpg (52KB, 643x474px) Image search: [Google]
David Wise RhinoDVD01.jpg
52KB, 643x474px
>>91215295
>G1 canon = G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines (Jap doesn't count, at all)

So basically actual show like Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory should be ignored in favor of that shitty David Wise three parter?
>>
>>91215487
Let me counter your question with another one
Do you actually consider Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory to be canon? If so, I say happy headcanon, transfriend, but it is not canon

That isn't to say all episodes of G1 are solid gold either, but the Jap shit is not taken into account for the Western series that have become canon to G1, therefor they are simply not canon, no more than the Japanese dub of Beast Wars is or the Japanese Beast Wars series
>>
>>91215487
Japshit isn't canon. Nips don't understand Transformers.
>>
>>91215295
Dreamwave and IDW are separate continuities. Even TF comics under the Marvel name are set in more than one universe.
>>
>>91215173
That's nothing compared to SMT.
>>
>>91215173
Decades of different people making their own stories
>>
>>91217935
Hence why I said they're largely their own thing, not related to the shows or movies and the ones that are really don't matter much, which are the main things for Transformers

If someone was new to Transformers, for example, comics would be an afterthought to me to tell them to get into..., check out the comics later after you have a knowledge of the more well known and talked about parts of the franchise, which IMO is pretty easy to follow, the Jap only anime shit would probably be the very last thing I'd ever recommend someone based on that same logic, it's for hardcore fans only and not required at all to "get" most of the Transformers canons
>>
>>91215173
Transformers continuity is only confusing if you're following the Japanese interpretation which says the first RiD was part of G1 and that Animated was part of Bayformers.
>>
>>91215173
Transformers canon is easy to follow. There's different iterations with their own canon.

DC keeps soft rebooting and adding parts of previous continuities to the new, creating a clusterfuck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.