[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>for 97 more years morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 555
Thread images: 65

>for 97 more years morty
>>
>>91214722
So what did you guys think of the new episode?
>>
>>91214722
>>91214733
Too many 9's.
>>
>>91214722

Always knew Rick was crazy, but all this for some nugget sauce?!

Hashtag Absolute Madman HA HA HA.
>>
>>91214722
He's screwing around. He's just screwing around. Especially because Morty IS SO FUCKING DUMB TO BELIEVE HIM LOL XD

Like, seriously. Morty is so abysmally stupid that you can create tactical plans around him. He's such a tool.
>>
You didn't think 100 years was a joke did you?
>>
>>91214722
Wait, did the new season drop? Way to hype it up, /co/, didn't see a single fucking thread. Link where?
>>
>>91214861
Episode 1 was dropped on april fools
You should know how to use the internet to find cartoons by now
>>
>>91214722
>This got aired instead of Samurai Jack
Fuck Reddit and Memey.
>>
File: 1102866.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1102866.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>91214899
One more week... one more week and we can go back to normal...
>>
>>91214733
I didn't really care for it but I'm sure it was THE BEST EPISODE YET
>>
>>91214722
Forever and ever rick and morty 97 more years.

Seriously I loved this callback to episode 1.
>>
>>91214952
Or do we?
>>
>>91214722
So what happened? I too busy laughing at mlpol i didn't know about it
>>
>>91215034
Season 3 premiere happened.
>>
>>91215034
in the last episode rick was put in prison

what do you think happened in this episode

he escaped
>>
>>91214722
It was okay. Upset to see it fuck up Toonami's scheduling.
>>
>>91215034

Rick escapes prison and destroys the Council of Rick and crashes the Intergalactic Government's economy so everything is back to normal except Beth is leaving Jerry and Tammy turned Bird Person into a cyborg.
>>
>>91214733
I didn't enjoy it at all. I watched it 2 times just to make sure I didn't miss anything and it just wasn't enjoyable. I love the series but it just felt kinda forced without any substance.
>>
Loved it, morty abuse simply doesn't get old. Still would have wanted for morty to be female.
>>
>>91215034
Rick gets shot in the head and dies but successfully transfers his consciousness to another rick
>>
File: lasagna-cat.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lasagna-cat.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>91214722
Couldn't fucking stop giggling at end of the episode. Insane Crazyman Rick is Best Rick.
>>
Am I supposed to like Rick?
>>
>>91215268
You're supposed to enjoy watching him as a character, not agree with him
>>
>>91215268
He's not a villain, but he's not a hero = not supposed to dislike him, but not like him either
>>
One of the best episodes.

Not convinced Jerry will leave though and if he does I'll be pissed. I'm imagining the season will be Beth trying to find someone new or deal with Jerry leaving while Jerry does his own stupid shit. Maybe gets involved with dumb Rick and evil Morty.
>>
>>91215309
Like Cartman.
>>
>>91215326
Jerry was wrong though. Rick is the true hero and patriarch of the family
>>
>>91214733
It's been so long I'd forgotten just how good a really dense writing can be
>>
>>91215063
Did he really escape on the first episode?
>>
>>91215357
Not even halfway in.
>>
The only thing i didnt really like was the "drop the currency to 0" scheme
It was really rushed and i felt it could be elaborated better.
>>
>>91215331
Maybe that's why fans of this show are annoying. They don't realize he's an Eric Cartmen character and unironically fall in love with the suicidal asshole nihilistic atheist genius.
>>
>>91215309
It's weird because Rick is the only enjoyable character. He's carrying the whole show on his back. Imagine the Morty and Summer show if Rick was just killed. Lame isn't it? Why aren't there any other likeable cahracters?
>>
>>91215263
>Pheonix Person

best character yet!
>>
>>91215357
What the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>91215374
It's because if they ever show anyone as a functioning, happy individual it flies in the face of the central premise that only idiots or assholes are happy

What's the name of that philosophy? Where happiness is a lie and depression and meaningless is the truth?
>>
>>91215374
The other characters are all pretty enjoyable, its just hat he is, like, the protagonist of the show and shit.
>>
>>91215331
Except Cartman get's his comeuppance usually. But Rick is a stand in for Justin so he can never be really wrong or called out on his shit.
>>
>>91215309
I wish more people saw it this way, but a majority of "discussion" (circlejerking) about the show comes from the /r/ick and M'orty Reddit page, where they just masturbate themselves into a diabetic coma over Rick. I like Rick as a character, but they miss the point of him and only notice these qualities:
>he's more smarter than everyone else
>he's a dick to everyone but nobody can call him out because he's so much more smarter
>he's cynical, because cynical is smart
>people hate him because they're just jealous of his smarts
These dumbasses project themselves onto Rick in an attempt to validate the general contempt people feel towards them as some kind of testiment to their intelligence, as if being hated automatically makes you an underappreciated genius.

It's not like this ruins the show or Rick for me, but it hurts discussion, as circlejerks tend to do. At its worst, it could influence the writers to actually make Rick into what his misguided fans think he is, which would actually ruin the show. But as it stands, there's just a lot of people defending a fictional character from criticism because they see that character as the animated personification of themselves, and that's an even worse R&M thread cancer than the haters.
>>
>First episode with female writers
>immediately got rid of the FUCKING WHITE MALE (Jerry)
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
Only thing that really sucked is that Summer just fell in love with Rick. Her opinion of him jumped crazy high with no explanation
>>
>>91215393
Nah I didn't mean they gotta be happy or devoid of conflict. Just that they aren't funny,charming or interesting to carry the show. Even combined
>>
>>91215416
Jerry hasn't done any fucking any time recently
>>
>>91215268
No. You, like Morty are supposed to be horrified.
>>
>>91215357
They want the show to be episodic, so yes. No season long arcs. Maybe two parters. Maybe.

There's definitely continuity, so at least we have that.
>>
>>91215404
Meh I dunno. Would you watch Jerry & Beth? Summer & Morty?
>>
>>91214733
Still good
>>
>>91215408
They constantly show that rick is miserable and unfulfilled though.
>>
>>91215419
Did you skip the whole second season or something?
>>
>>91215416
I really hate how the show shits on Jerry. I tend to dislike punching bag characters in general because it's just bad writing and leads to really lazy jokes, but with Jerry it's so bad. The guy legitimently tries to have a relationship with his family but they shit on him constantly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XTwRyGyec

This show is the fucking flagship for teenagers
>>
>>91215448
Is it because of the sauce. Is the lack of sauce causing him deep spiritual pain?
>>
>>91215420
This is precisely why they are supporting characters. The show needs a few boring mc persons to contrast all the crazy shit.
>>
>>91215408
This is so relieving to hear. Rick is starting to feel
like he was lifted from the short stories in a fat, unpopular High School atheist's black marble notebook.
>tfw to inteligent to be liked
>>
>>91215408
He does get called out on it, but it's usually to the audience rather than the universe, and even if he did he probably wouldn't give a shit. It's also not always entirely obvious when people or the setting are doing this--I didn't at the end of Season 2, when Jerry was pointing out Rick has contributed nothing to their lives while ruining all of theirs, that he's a selfish monster that is using them, and everyone gives him shit for it; I just assumed that the show wanted the audience to agree with Rick and the family. Then the takeaway from the end of the recent ep is that Jerry was entirely right.

I mean, it still makes Rick kinda insufferable. It's gotten to a point where I don't want to see him succeed. He certainly deserves to have horrible things happen to him.
>>
>>91215443
So basically every american animated series ever made?
>>
>>91215393
nihilism?
>>
File: 23525252523522.jpg (142KB, 871x722px) Image search: [Google]
23525252523522.jpg
142KB, 871x722px
THIS IS LITERALLY THE GREATEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND
PROVE ME WRONG
PROTIP: YOU CAN'T
>>
>>91215463
>making Jerry's dad a literal cuck

That was a bridge too far in my opinion.
>>
>>91215443

Summer and Morty yes (though admittedly a lot of their humor has come from interacting with Rick or his inventions in some way). Beth and Jerry would just be Married With Children except way more uncomfortable.
>>
>>91215372
Where the fuck do you guys find fans like that? Youtube comments?

How far out of my way do I need to go to find a fedora tipping atheist that likes Rick because of nihilism?
Why is everyone acting like the world is full of them, while I've never seen one?
>>
>>91215507
Reddit
#FreeRick
#RickDidNothingWrong
>>
>>91215465
Could be. Maybe that sauce is what I finally need too.
>>
>>91215463
Yeah but Reddit told me to hate Jerry because he has the audacity to stand up to Rick, and that means he's bad

Actually, why does the show treat him like he's so spineless if he's the only one standing up to Rick? I don't even really care about the characters since you're really not supposed to be taking this show seriously at all, but I am annoyed by shitty writing and Jerry just feels like a stand in for dads. The idiot dad stereotype is just really old, and treating Beth as a designated hero is really irritating. She's like Yonder or Bubsy The Bobcat.

Not to mention Jerry is funny. I get a lot more laughs out of him (partly because I can practically see Dr. Spaceman's smug face when he talks) than I do Beth, or even Summer. It seems like the women writers want to even the playing field, but instead of making the women funnier, they just remove the 2nd funniest male character.
>>
>>91215507
Youtube. Go watch some of the clips of the show on youtube. I was like you but then i made the mistake of going in the comment section. It really makes you wonder how can someone so dumb enjoy the show.
>>
>>91215463
I just wished they'd tone it down
he's a messed up guy but on normal levels
he was happy to have a job and a family that didn't shit on him 24/7 then when Rick showed up again they all jumped on his dick
the rest of the family is an emotionally dependent wreck
Jerry should have called for the divorce instead of Beth
>>
>>91215546
Because he's not the smartest and he has feeling
This translates to retarded baby cuck to R&M's edgy rational fanbase
>>
>>91215408
Rick never being wrong is one of the worst parts of this show.

Characters like Cartmen or Bender need to be wrong or get payback eventually. The scenes can actually some of the funniest in the series. Even add in Stan Smith or hell even Hank Hill. Protagonists need to be wrong. Characters that aren't wrong don't grow and static protagonists are incredibly shallow and boring. The jokes get old.

Also he's a weak bitch. The second someone was honest with him about his life style he fucking kills himself. what's stupid is his family is right there, he could go to them for help like normal, functioning people do. Instead he just burbs out some autistic passive aggressive cry for help and then goes to an hero.
>>
>>91214733
Can't find it online and couldn't watch it on tv since I'm not a merry can

Does anyone have a mega?
>>
>>91215268
No you're supposed to laugh at him but find him to be a mentally ill idiot whose a huge asshole to his family.

The problem is the fans of the show love him and want to be like him. You know how many faggots in college used to shout his fucking catch phase and started a habit of burping randomly? I despise his show. It's the Naruto of /co/
>>
>>91215574
Ok but would you go to fucking Summer, Jerry or Beth for emotional support? Fuck no, maybe Morty but he knows Rick' a shit head
>>
The thing is, I don't think you're supposed to agree with Rick, or think Rick is right, or like who Rick is. You're supposed to enjoy his adventures and their batshit insanity, with the occasional bit of blindsided introspection that often goes along with high-concept science fiction (even if they're usually playing it for laughs).

The problem is, Rick rarely ever suffers consequences for his actions beyond maybe feeling slightly sadder. He gets what he wants and he gets away with everything he does. And while the ride can still be fun, it makes you care less and less as time goes on. I don't want to see Rick succeed anymore, so how can I enjoy the predicaments he finds himself in?

Add to that with the show making the closest thing to a voice of reason and decency in the show (after Morty), Jerry, a coward, cuckold, mincing, clumsily manipulative, passive, insecure, mincing little man that the show actively shits on even when he's making sense, and it sorta starts to drive you away.
>>
>>91215574
>he could go to them for help like normal, functioning people do. Instead he just burbs out some autistic passive aggressive cry for help and then goes to an hero.

That sort of behavior and self-loathing IS an example of Rick being 'wrong'. It's his major flaw.
>>
>>91215498
Nah nihilism embraces pleasure as the true source of happiness and says life should be focused on pleasure and happiness. I'm thinking of the one jay says happiness is a false and pain and loneliness is the only truth.
>>
>>91215331
>>91215372
>>91215408
Cartman is irredeemably a piece of shit.
Rick is irredeemably a piece of shit that occasionally has trauma based good moments.

An example is the first episode of S2.
Cartman would left morty to be erased from time without even thinking about it.
Rick specifically saved morty at the cost of his own existance in the heat of the moment.

It's shit like that which is making the end of this episode feel forced, since while springing into a "fuck you morty" rant is completely in character, there's usually a reason for it like a fuck up on morty's part.
"I'm doing it for the SAUCE xD" is completely out of character since he's practically talking to the audience rather than morty.

>>91215574
>like normal, functioning people do
>rick
>a normal functioning person by any stretch of the fucking meaning after all the shit he's done or happened to him.
Gee, i wonder why he didnt act like that anon.
>>
>>91215507
College mostly. Also if you do any retail or part time job on the side you usually have to deal with that bullshit generation
>>
>>91215605
A couple of "sad" scenes with mediocre music playing but nobody really calling him out on his shit isn't really comeuppance
>>
I Hate Dan Harmon so goddamn much.
>>
>>91215611
I wouldnt take that too seriously, honestly. That was a 4th breaking reference to the ending of episode 1 s1.
>>
>>91215546

Face it buddy. You're only buttmad because you see yourself in Jerry - a spineless white man who can't get anyone else to like you.
>>
>>91215563
It's because Rick is, plain and simple, abusive and a horrible influence on the family. It's the reason no one who has ever been in his life has been happy and a healthy state of mind. I thought the end of season 2 was Rick finally realizes that but nope.
>>
>>91214722
>"shes not even my original summer"
So hes just gonna drop that twist and nobodys gonna talk about it?
>>
>>91215649
You tell him fellow Rick!
*Dons fedora*
Hmmmmm maybe life is really pointless. Makes you think doesn't it
>>
File: 1376366688835.jpg (42KB, 465x350px) Image search: [Google]
1376366688835.jpg
42KB, 465x350px
OK OK BUT IS THERE A MEGA?
>>
>>91215371
On the other hand the show trivializes everything.
>>
>>91215659
Except everyone including Summer already knew about it? They even dig up Ricks skeleton from the lawn.
>>
>>91215597
yeah jerry is a pretty shit character but because he is the opposite of what rick is in ways he is a bit more relatable as a character? Like I was a little sad to see that Beth is divorcing him
>>
>>91215680
Maybe nothing really means anything? I learnt that from the show
>>
>>91215693
>>91215659
Beth probably won't take that very well.

Might even try to MISERY Rick to stop him from ditching. Hell, maybe she MISERY'd Jerry offscreen this episode.
>>
>>91215123
Not a fan of szechuan huh?
>>
>>91215631
SHOW SOME RESPECT

if it weren't for him we wouldn't have great shows like this and community and we also wouldn't have the AMAZING Doctor Strange movie
>>
>>91215611
Except no one that watches this show, at least that I know of, realizes it. This is the scene I'm taking about.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q3RgbeQ-QY

Rick had family right there to talk to, they are actually concerned for him. Instead that coward decides to try to kill himself (can you imagine how jay would effect his family?) and every single retard I've talked to that watches this show has defended his action. Either his family was too stupid to help him or talking with family doesn't solve anything is always their answer.

The fans feel bad for Rick but they don't see that his pain is almost all self caused and there are NUMEROUS outs for him and the family unit is slowly getting destroyed because of him. I mean shit look at how is own daughter reacts to standing up to him, she's scared he's going to abandoned her again.

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE WORSHIP THIS GUY AND UNIRONICALLY WANT TO BE HIM?
>>
>>91215732
Nothing and I mean nothing can ease his pain.
Of not having the sauce.
The entire multiverse must burn in penance until this sin is rectified.
>>
>>91215410
Justin if youre seeing this
T H I S
>>
>>91215465
>Analyzes the episode
Hm, yea definitely the sauce
>>
>>91214733
It's shit.
>>
File: evil_morty_by_peek_aboo-da1948v.png (943KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
evil_morty_by_peek_aboo-da1948v.png
943KB, 700x900px
>>91214733
There were a lot of parts that were great while watching it but afterwards I realized the reset of some shit felt kind of like a cop-out.

Cliche but I hope that the newly hateful of Rick Morty runs into Evil Morty. I kind of feel like the series could use someone who can seriously challenge Rick.

I almost wonder if the 97 more years thing is a Simpsons joke, remember that episode where they told us that that they were going to run the show into the fucking ground, and then they actually did it, the absolute madmen?
>>
>new episode of show
>/co/ isn't discussing the episode but only how lame fans on reddit are
>>
>>91215708
No, you're absolutely right. Jerry is more relatable, even with (and in a number of cases, because of) these normal, negative traits which are emphasized.
>>
>>91215780
Its a reference to the "100 years of rick and morty' line rick said 3 years ago
>>
>>91215773
the sauce is the key to all of this

I bet it's important because it was his Beth's favorite and he went to get some the day she and Rick's wife died

THIS SHOW IS SO FR*CKING AMAZING AND DEEP YOU GUYS!!!!11!!
>>
>>91215732
>WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE WORSHIP THIS GUY AND UNIRONICALLY WANT TO BE HIM?
It's the "SO RANDUM XD" personality combined with postmodern self-references and irony and nihilism. I fucking hate it so much.
>>
>>91215786

4chan's contrarian bile nowadays all comes down to"if reddit likes it, i hate it".
>>
>>91215786
>Every discussion of the episode eventually ends with the poster talking shit about their irl friends
>>
>>91215709
Well that's one of the show's main themes. You, me and everyone in this thread will eventually die, be forgotten and eventually the concept of forgetting will be erased from existence along with every living being and the universe itself. In the end nothing matters but we go about our daily lives trying to find meaning even though it's futile. It's an interesting conflict between what we want the reality to be and what it really is. We give meaning and value to everything even though we don't really have such power in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>91215732
I wouldnt want to be rick, yea he seems like a cool guy but im pretty sure being rick is suffering
>>
>He said 100 years three years ago

>Three years later

>It's 97 years

N... nani?!?
>>
>>91215842
pottery
>>
File: 1428086904986.gif (2MB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
1428086904986.gif
2MB, 800x566px
>>91215786
>New episode of Rick and Morty
>It's good
>But it's written by female writers so we have to shit on it oh my god I can't believe they got rid of JERRY because he's a WHITE MALE

>It's bad
>It's bad BECAUSE it's written by female writers heh aren't you glad I redpilled you with these poorly sourced image macros that describe links that lead to nowhere??
>>
>>91215837
>Nothing means anything
>Even trying to care is for fucking retards
Woah makes you think doesn't it
>>
>>91215410
>Implying the writers haven't already turned Rick into that
Look at any moment Rick has post season 1 episode 1.
>>
>>91215507
You ever talked about the show to anyone outside 4chan?
>>
I mean things got pretty tense between rick and morty. Morty literally shot Rick with the intent of killing him, and he probably resents rick for his parents divorce. Im pretty sure there will be a "Morty joins Evil Morty" plotline with rick having Summer as a sidekick again.
>>
>>91215894
You missed the point. There's no real reason for anyone to care about anything but most people do.
>>
>>91215574
It depends how you interpret the show.
Rick is wrong all the time, and as the show progresses Morty sees through this more and more. It goes as far as Morty killing Rick in this epsiode because he thinks the world is better of without Rick. The writesrs can go serious from there on or forgot about that incident forever.
>>
>>91215947
>There's no real reason for anyone to care about anything
Survival. Safety. Comfort. Leisure.
>>
>>91215357
Im more annoyed that they just threw away the fact rick actually turned himself in, in the first place because he loves his family.
>>
>>91215947
Because it makes people happy? Because it can benefit people in the long or short term? Because caring is the first step to improving anything? How the fuck did Rick git gus at science if he doesn't care?
>>
>>91215953
First sensible post ive read in this thred, honestly.
>>
>>91215969
And all of those things die with us.
>>
>>91215408
>Rick is a stand in for Justin

he's not though
>>
>>91216001
You care enough to keep replying :^)
>>
>>91215501
>Jerry's dad
Literally who? When? What?
>>
File: Jacob.png (2MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Jacob.png
2MB, 1920x1088px
>>91216094
>>
>>91216001
Still reasons.
Of course nothing matters when you die. You're dead.
When you're alive you have needs to sustain because you're an animal and you need food and water to keep alive.
>>
>>91216001
Right and that's the point. This bullshit philosophy falls apart when you actually start to consider it because if everyone believed in this shit NOONE would ever do anything. We'd all just sit and rot untill we died and society would get nowhere.
>>
>>91216127
Oh yeah almost forgot about that episode. It's one of my least favorites desu.
>>
>>91215579
it's on youtube
>>
>>91215953

I think the issue is less that Rick is awful. It's possible to write a show with a villain protagonist, hell it's possible for the show to work almost as-is.

It's just that you can't have characters call out a character, show that this character is garbage, and then spend so much time of the show presenting just how manipulative Rick is while using the same manipulative tactics on the viewers.

Oh Rick's being an abusive asshole? Let's just have him try to kill himself to sad music to hammer in that you're supposed to feel sad for him. And then turn around and just have Rick do something even worse the next episode. It's clear the show -wants- you to feel bad for Rick at those moments as if it just wants you to keep watching so you will come back just to see him be shitty again.

It just brings up the question of what am I supposed to take away from this? Existence is sad? Thanks Nihilism 101
Emotional abuse can come from a real place of hurting? Because if that's the case then if the show wants to use those same manipulations the only clear answer is to stop fucking watching the show.
>>
>>91215486
Though thinking back this new episode kinda spit in the face of that considering it turns out Rick turning himself in was still him using his family for his own selfish purposes.

So we're back to square one now I guess.
>>
>>91215034
>/mlpol/ will never be a real board
>/pol/ is already overrun by shills and Canadians again instead of comfy nazi ponies

I cri everytiem
>>
File: 1485006685035.png (256KB, 855x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485006685035.png
256KB, 855x750px
Sitting here...

Reading all these post's in Ricks voice...

Driving me slowly to madness.
>>
File: 1472435180078.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1472435180078.gif
415KB, 480x238px
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>91215998
Here's another way to think about it:
To yourself there are a lot of things that matter but to the universe your existence is meaningless. You or anything you care about doesn't matter. Nothing will prevent you or the universe from dying. Rick cares too but he also cares about one thing that most people don't care about, which is that nothing matters. That way he represents the conflict of you caring about something while the universe doesn't care about anything.

>>91216077
I do. I'm not a nihilist. I'm just trying to say that nothing is meaningful unless we give meaning. And that's alright.

>>91216135
>Still reasons
Right but they only matter to you.

>>91216137
That's also my point. Kind of. What we both said is right except that this isn't bullshit. Everything will end no matter what. It's not a matter of believing. Most people (myself included) just don't let it affect their lives.
>>
>>91215732
Because that's not his family. IT's strongly implied they're just some dead Rick's family.

We have no idea who Rick's real family were, if they're alive, what happened to them etc. We don't know if he's the only Rick who knows a birdperson or squanchy, or fought the federation.

Aside from that it's looking like this entire season will be a simulation, and so will the rest of them.
>>
>>91215249
>take entire plot point
>distill it into anime-tier deus-ex machina bullshit
>>
>>91216229
Jesus, you really are booty blasted about how another website feels about a cartoon.
>>
>>91216229
Man I dont need a philosophy class I just wanna get high and watch a dumb silly cartoon.
>>
File: Rick pape.jpg (1MB, 1906x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Rick pape.jpg
1MB, 1906x1072px
>>91215408
>>91215574
Did you miss all the times he's shown to be fucking miserable? The time he tried to kill himself?

Rick is his own comeuppance.
>>
>>91216276
>to the universe your existence is meaningless.
To a rock my existence is meaningless. To a retard my existence is meaningless. Probably to you my existence is meaningless. None of these having any bearing on the merit of mine or anybody else's actions.
>You or anything you care about doesn't matter.
To me and the ones I care about they do. They get influenced and affect others and so on and so forth
>Nothing will prevent you or the universe from dying.
So what? Why does death strip anything of meaning? Do you want everything to last forever? I like ice cream and blowjobs but that doesn't mean I want the same ice cream and blow job for eternity? Also how can us humans who never saw the end of a universe, with our limited intelligence and comprehension say in complete certainty the universe will end?
>>
>>91215597
Well... Did anyone think that the flashback the bug alien detective guy saw is actually what *really* happened? Sure, Rick altered the formula so it allowed him to escape, but I can't be the only one who thought Rick was lying when he said he was lying about it. The Council of Ricks fucked him over and ruined his life. How many other Ricks were brought in line because of this?

The whole ending rant too seems like Our Rick was scrambling to assure himself/Morty/The Audience that he really doesn't care about anything BUT his wacky adventures/selfish ends. When really, based on the constant ways he tries to protect Morty and Summer and Beth he was that rare benign Rick who was caught up in the clusterfuck of the unthinking, uncaring Rick collective. And that incident, to paraphrase Scrooge McDuck, made him act more uncaring than the uncaring, more assholey than the assholeys so that he would be able to trump their shit.

Yes he always humiliates his Morty and treats the others like garbage most of the time, but he keeps showing his true colors at least to the audience.

...But...

That doesn't make him always right. It does sort of exemplify the nihilism aspects of the show, but it's not really portraying it as the ultimate correct way. Just because he always comes out on top doesn't mean he WINS beyond superficial shit, or at the cost of alienating himself from the people he's trying to protect. And that doesn't make him a pariah. Rick needs to be this way so the others don't get eaten by Vagina alien monsters or have the planet get annexed by shitheads from another dimension who want to turn the earth into a parking garage., but I feel like if anything Morty actually got the message of the shot right. Nothing matters, so come watch TV with us/ Live in the moment. Rick's not doing that. He just does all the over the top, insane shit that will kill others, and destroy existence rather than risk losing it all again.
>>
>>91216414
It turns out it was all a ruse for sauce anon XD
>>
File: 1444704391142.gif (3MB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
1444704391142.gif
3MB, 300x203px
What I dislike about R&M is the creator's obnoxious lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to the show. The creator's revel in their ironic detachment, exemplified most of all in their improv episodes. As if preemptively shielding themselves from criticism by releasing something deliberately half-assed. It is emblematic to me of the creator's lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in their own ability. Which would be understandable given the personalities behind the show itself.

Half-assing is only real philosophy of the creators. The show is conceived & shaped through a click-bait understanding of science, a lifetime of media addiction & the only partially digested nietzschean philosophy of the creators. It knowingly spouts the kind of lazy, autodidact, self-serving, personal philosophy of those weaned in the information-era: "Nothing really matters so do whatever you want."

It's a half-baked nihilism dressed up as cynical realism used to justify a shallow unexamined lifestyle of hedonistic "Dopamine is the greatest good". Ironically championed by those who consider themselves more knowledgeable than the rest of the world because they're armed with an internet connection and a wikipedia tab. It aims to make its audience feel smart & clever without making them think too hard. To validates the choices they've already made & reinforces their lifestyles. To makes them feel superior while downplaying their own shortcomings.

In other words. It's reddit.
>>
>>91216444
Because sincerity, emotions and giving a fuck are gaaaaay. Being a lazy, fedora tipping, psuedo science worshipping meme lord is way cooler
>>
>>91216415
Now you understand.
>>
>>91216444
y you just hate fun
>>
File: You fucking what.jpg (77KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
You fucking what.jpg
77KB, 792x612px
>>91215546
>B-but the women writers

Yeah, because they were just given freedom to do whatever the fuck they want, right? Getting rid of Jerry totally wouldn't have been an agreed upon thing amongst all the writers, no sir.

Jesus fucking christ. This shit is why feminists feel like their bullshit philosophy actually has a point. Because autistic spergs like you can't seem to differentiate who wrote the show from a made up conspiracy to undermine men because they don't share the same goddamn genitals
>>
>>91216289
>Strogly implied
DID ANY OF YOU FUCKS EVEN WATCH THE SHOW
>>
so what was real in Rick's mind?

>mulanuurrphmcnuggetsczheuanbuurrpsauce morty!
>other rick blowing up rick's wife and daughter
>rick's wife and daughter disappearing into a portal
>>
>>91216444
>reddit as an adjective
Fuck off moron.
>>
>>91216543
everything was real

Rick needs the sauce because it reminds him of his wife and daughter who were killed by evil rick who is probably eye patch morty

the wife and daughter disappearing into a portal was just a representation of that memory
>>
>>91216526
>Jesus fucking christ. This shit is why feminists feel like their bullshit philosophy actually has a point.
Okay dude, feminism exists for a very legitimate reason. Girls don't want to be treated like shit just because they have lady parts. This internet Little Rascals bullshit is just a showcase of that exact thing.
>>
File: 1487680233173.jpg (114KB, 472x490px) Image search: [Google]
1487680233173.jpg
114KB, 472x490px
>One, Rick needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Rick's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Rick"? Three--

R&M feels like an episode of Family Guy except when they're random for memes sake, they don't cut away. They just drive to McDonalds and get a dip. Or burp. Or fart. Or whatever.
>>
>Hey, lets not discuss why the episode is shit! Lets just discuss female writers!

At this point, I'm almost certain this was the plan to divert critics.
>>
>>91214733
it turned from 0 to 100 to 75 to 25
yay, it came back
>9 seasons Rick and Morty and a movie
>give him the sauce
>>
>>91216444
The fact you can't divorce the art from the audience means no one will ever take your criticisms seriously. That and your leaps in logic, propensity for generalization, and reliance on buzzwords.
>>
>>91216625
It was a solid episode. Forcing some arbitrary number of vaginas on the writing staff was silly, but it doesn't appear to have hurt the show.
>>
do your part guys let's bring it back!

https://www.change.org/p/mcdonald-s-bring-back-mcdonald-s-szechuan-sauce-424d15e9-3815-4a51-8d81-26a3fc686ee1
>>
I am not sure if something is wrong with me for liking this episode
I don't get why people don't like it
>Rick actually uses the flies in the same way Summer said they would
>>
>>91216647
Yeah, nah. R&M is fucking cringe and the fact that plebbit is its target audience and fambase says everything that needs to be said about it. If you're upset over this fact, you really should just head back to that shithole and stay there.
>>
>>91216625
they can't discuss why it was shit because it was great

they just hate on it because other people like it like how they hate Marvel and love DC
>>
>>91215780
I want to rail the horned babe in the bottom right.
>>
>>91216444
>calling others pretentious and self absorbed while dissecting entertainment as if it were a treatise on personal philosophy.
>>
>>91216722
I'm so happy these memes are effective! 4chan was right! Meme magic!
>>
>>91216722
you can actually meme a sauce back into existence
is this the power of the internet?
>>
>>91216127
Were writers of thins one cucks? I mean what the fuck.
>>
>>91216705
Were they added to fill a quota, or were they added because it was felt that they felt that they do a good job?
>>
>>91216757
I'm very happy you made that comparison.
It gives hating it some actual weight and makes me feel less crazy.
>>
>>91216750
4chan was a target audience to, in so far as Roiland made a thing, and wanted people to enjoy it. He comes here to shitpost, you're probably him. So am I.
>>
File: 1448923706095.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1448923706095.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>91215893
Dear God.

A redpiller, you've clearly been playing chess for years.
>>
File: 1451886661687.jpg (90KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1451886661687.jpg
90KB, 500x492px
>>91216493
>>91216557
>>91216647
>>91216763
>they literally havnt seen one of the oldest rick and morty pasta known to /co/
holy shit guys how
>>
>>91215563
Who's to say Jerry didn't ask for the divorce off-screen? I mean he pretty adamantly said "Him or me". Beth's silence was probably the last straw for Jerry.
>>
>>91215342
you best be joking nigger. jerry was the least wrong character int the entire episode. beth was the worst.
>>
>>91216444
>>91216229
the worst part of it all is these 2 pastas are 100% accurate
>>
File: 1441575870209.png (124KB, 5000x2571px) Image search: [Google]
1441575870209.png
124KB, 5000x2571px
>>91216818
Dude I'm playing chess on so many dimensions, I'm just like Trump when he OBVIOUSLY nuked his own campaign promise to reform health care to take care of Ryan ha ha ha that's obviously what happened.
>>
>>91216789
Most likely the second one, but because 4chan is inhabited by kids stuck in the third grade they'll say the first one.
>>
>>91216860
Jerry's worthless and contributes nothing to the show

I can't wait until the show proves this by having Beth's life improve greatly while Jerry is a homeless wreck now that they're divorced
>>
>>91216860
> jerry was the least wrong character int the entire episode.
I dunno mah man. Morty seemed pretty on point. I think Morty's becoming the most reasonable dude on the show
>>
>>91216750
Talking about shows after watching them is a niche thing. The vast majority don't feel obligated to infect the world with their opinion of a piece of art.

the "Fanbase" ...it's fanbase with an N

The fanbase's reaction doesn't make the show less funny. You took it upon yourself to go to some shitty website and digest enough of their opinions to be able to formulate a generalization of what a particular shithole of the internet thinks about a show.

Instead of formulating opinions on the basis of being counter to a particular group, you could just watch the show.

My impression of you " Hmm I just watched ___ let me see what Tumblr and Reddit think about it so I can know if it is cool or not"
>>
File: Pathetic.jpg (86KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
Pathetic.jpg
86KB, 500x307px
>>91216849
I'll never understand the level of autistic hate that Reddit gets on this website.

Like I can understand the hate, sure, but the constant bringing it up? The obsession? It's bizzare.

>Lol Reddit
posters are the equivalent of people who type "first" on youtube videos or wheel out the ol' "still a better love story than twilight!" line as though they're the ones who came up with it.
>>
>>91216908
Jerry was completely cool the first season and only started being a dick in the second. In the first season we see sucessful Beth means she's miserable, and she's only happy with Jerry.
>>
File: 1454724222402.gif (436KB, 182x179px) Image search: [Google]
1454724222402.gif
436KB, 182x179px
>>91216889
Well of course, you'd never invest your time and hope into a incompetent individual. You're too above that sort of thing.

No, no you have the state of the US planned out years ahead.
>>
>>91216938
its a meme
>>
>>91216860
>Hey this is great! Everything is great! Even though my family is clearly miserable!

Nah. Jerry is cowardly and selfish.
>>
>>91216938
Go back to Ribbit is a meme, about as dumb as making a reference to a chicken nugget sauce for a movie everyone's seen.
>>
>>91216963
So is posting "first" on youtube videos or saying "lol hurr people who disliked this like Nickelback/Justin Beiber" but that doesn't make them any less cringy or autistic.
>>
File: 1461094870648.jpg (11KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
1461094870648.jpg
11KB, 234x231px
>>91216952
Just watch, I'm going to sabotage my own government's trust and credibility to further my agenda through my own government.

Nothing can possibly go wrong.
>>
>>91216938
its the lowest common denominator in online discussion and fosters a natural hive mind sensibility with its post feedback system (downvoting to hide bad posts, upvoting to bump "good" posts, and giving gold for "REALLY GOOD GOY" posts). Its unadvoidable that any particular subreddit will turn into a circlejerk because of this.

R&M in particular is an easy target because it truly does push all of reddits favorite buttons.
>>
The only joke I enjoyed was the fake gun. Would rather have had SamuraI Jack.
>>
>>91217001
For some reason people enjoy posting "first" or "le reddit" ot whatever because for whatever reason.
Dont overthink it.
>>
>>91216969
Selfish? Rick is a cancer and he is actively ruining the Smith family. Jerry is the only one that see's that
>>
File: 1472916428672.jpg (403KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472916428672.jpg
403KB, 2000x1000px
>>91217024
Mmmm, and that motto about how Mexico was going to pay for the wall but congress is actually going to do it?

Planned all along.
>>
File: 1490474211591.png (77KB, 200x186px) Image search: [Google]
1490474211591.png
77KB, 200x186px
>>91217099I
f I take funding away from education programs to fund the wall, nobody will be smart enough to figure out my bluff.
>>
>>91217098
They're both selfish in different ways. Rick is a cancer, sure, but Jerry is more than willing to be in denial about everything when life is working out for him but his entire family is fucking miserable.

Jerry is absolutely a shit, less of a shit than Rick, but a shit none the less.
>>
File: 1489343443851.png (533KB, 761x765px) Image search: [Google]
1489343443851.png
533KB, 761x765px
>>91215416
>Jerry was portrayed as extremely sympathetic
>Also showed how the rest of the family is broken
>Rick is just as batshit as ever
>LOLOL They got rid of him because female writers ammitrite? lololol
I fucking hate you people
>>
>>91217094
I'm just pointing out how autistic it is, and how those that do are the lowest common denominator of their respective groups.
>>
File: 1449440849049.jpg (131KB, 565x575px) Image search: [Google]
1449440849049.jpg
131KB, 565x575px
>>91217126
Absolutely genius, and how you removed LGBT from the consensus of 2020. Oh yeah, all for us LGBT folks.

I'm already too ignorant to see the things you're doing, I don't even know what a caucus is. You have my vote next election, just don't scam us blue collars like you've blatantly admitted to doing on multiple occasions.
>>
I like that they complicated the relationships between the characters in a way that actually matters to the plot. I hate the little moments like Rick's suicide attempt that try to add depth but have no real impact on the show. I hope they keep the conflict going and don't fall back into the old formula too hard, although I could understand people wanting more adventure and less plot.
>>
>>91217155
You are right.
And in my opinion you should always ignore the lowest common denominator of their respective groups. Basically dont fall for their bait.
>>
>>91217192
Ricks suicide attempt matters to the plot because he's shown as being miserable at plenty of other points, but that's the moment when you know just HOW miserable he is.
>>
File: 1488086394634.jpg (9KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488086394634.jpg
9KB, 125x125px
>>91217236
>but that's the moment when you know just HOW miserable he is.
So deep, very deep. People just don't understand how deep this show is.
>>
>>91217260
I never said it was a deep show.
>>
So is the Rick portrayed in the show the "best" Rick?

Which doesnt make sense since their are infinite ricks but it seems like hes the only one outcasted by the council of ricks and seemingly smarter then them all
>>
>>91214722
not enough walking, should have aired jack instead
>>
>>91216909
>Morty not wrong
>literally tried to kill Rick because of all the shit he was doing
>as soon as Rick comes back home, Morty's all cool and sides with Rick
>immediately proved wrong when Rick explains to him he planned to separate Beth and Jerry and only rescued Morty and Summer to play on Beth's feelings
Morty is such a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>91214722
>/co/ made fun of /pol/ because they were merged with /mlp/
>/co/ is mad as fuck because Jack was replaced with R&M

Karma, lmfao. This April's fool was great.
>>
>>91216858
Jerry asked for the divorce on screen. It was literally "get rid of your father or I'm divorcing you."
>>
>>91217310
>So is the Rick portrayed in the show the "best" Rick?
Yes that's why the council of Ricks hated him so much
>>
>>91217236
My favorite scene in the whole series is when Rick saves Morty and sacrifices himself, accepts his death and then suddenly pleads to heaven as he saves himself. Not only is it funny, but it shows how 'miserable' Rick is that he is ready to accept his death so quickly, but also that he has more to live for than he would ever consciously admit. I just hated how cheap it felt that Rick would suddenly get hopelessly depressed not two episodes later over something so tame. I get that the scenes can coexist but I personally dislike how they handled that throwaway moment.
>>
>>91216938
Is the "get back to gaia" but for the new influx of 12 years olds and literal autist adults that lurk the site. don't mind them or their opinions.
>>
File: 1487301572198.png (82KB, 390x273px) Image search: [Google]
1487301572198.png
82KB, 390x273px
>>91217337
Not so much karma as it is balance /pol/lack.
I'd rather no Jack for a week if it means /pol/ suffers in their own personal hell.
>>
File: 1442090009893.png (302KB, 545x657px) Image search: [Google]
1442090009893.png
302KB, 545x657px
>>91217337
Man you guys are really desperate to turn this around as a win.

>mfw /pol/ declaring victory because they took over /qa/, a dead board that does nothing but laugh at them
>>
>>91217368
But shouldnt there be an infinite amount of Ricks just like him
>>
>>91217370
The second layer to that is him praying and hoping to God the whole time, and the instant he saves himself he mocks God and declares he doesn't exist.

That whole scene really is just the perfect microcosm of the sort of person Rick is.
>>
File: 1490320563313.jpg (48KB, 415x475px) Image search: [Google]
1490320563313.jpg
48KB, 415x475px
>>91217463
They're desperate to even think they "redpilled" /mlp/ and they're their ultimate ally
>>
>>91217511
Dude can you not? I know you hate women, but being negative towards this show just makes you seem even more like a misogynist.
>>
File: 1491081380934.jpg (177KB, 2138x549px) Image search: [Google]
1491081380934.jpg
177KB, 2138x549px
>>91217539
Well I hope they have the best of luck with that. I sincerely do.
>>
>>91217572
Obvious false-flag is obvious
>>
>>91217511
Infinite universes isn't the same thing as infinite possibilities. There's an infinite number numeric points between 2 and 3, but none of them will ever be 4.
>>
>>91217620
Rick isnt constrained by our numbering system.
>>
>>91217602
From what I've learned, this shit hole is more hospitable when those stupid fucks are distracted and/or gone.

If Hiro were to purge /pol/ or ban even the slightest hint politics outside of it'd help this site infinity more
>>
Why do I like all the assholes on It's Always Sunny and love watching them interact, but hate this series so much? Like when IASIP does off the cuff stuff, I never really mind it but it just feels lazy to me with R&M. Any ideas?
>>
>>91217661
Yeah the whole "We need the board to quarantine them so they wouldn't flood everywhere else" clearly doesn't work when they do that anyway.
>>
>>91217668
You're a contrarian who delusionally defines his specialness by what others like.
>>
>>91217693
Worked on the ponies pretty well.
>>
>4channers mad about an april fools joke

sorry about your samurai cartoon lol
>>
>>91217710
But both are extremely popular, dumbass.
>>
>>91217162
What if I... REMOVED NET NEUTRALITY?
And let anyone buy your browsing data?
>>
>>91217668
Because they aren't portrayed as great and right all the time
>>
>>91217714
Because there's a global rule that smites them otherwise
>>
>>91217661
>We need to get rid of /pol/ because they make 4chan too mean for our reddit friends
>>
>>91217762
Global rule that smites political fags pls Mods
>>
File: IWANTMORE.png (1MB, 3869x4560px) Image search: [Google]
IWANTMORE.png
1MB, 3869x4560px
I just saw the show for the first time. I'm ok with this.
>>
>>91217770
>muh reddit scapegoat
What you used up your Tumblr quota for the day?
>>
>>91217788
>Creepy disney fag wants more Disney references
kys
>>
It would be funny if this was the catalyst for Jerry getting his shit together.
>>
>>91217539

Hilariously, I saw them on tumblr congratulating each other and trying to run damage control saying they "made the ponies their allies against Reddit by the end of the day"

Anyone with functioning eyes could see them sperging out over their attempts to "fight" the pony porn, though.
>>
>>91217799
I don't know Anon, what kinds of people do you want to bring here that would be turned off by /pol/? What do you want to turn 4chan into?
>>
>>91217714
Ponies is its own thing. You can make a rule banning them and it'd be very discrete, you can easily recognize, identify, report and ban it.

With the politics bullshit it's harder because there's so much overlap with stuff that is valid to discuss or joke about. And the "redpill" fags are arguably more autistic so they're willing to ban evade more. And that's not even mentioning the bots.
>>
>>91217810
How would that be funny?
>>
>>91217843
You're right, Anon. It's almost as bad as the avatar fags that riddle some boards.

Wish there was something that could be done about it. They get old.
>>
I liked this episode. Works even if you take the 'poignant' moments seriously, because blotting them out with absurdist bullshit is what the man is all about. Dunno how else they could've done it. The escape was super fun to watch. Don't tell anyone on /tv/ I enjoyed myself, I guess?

>>91217668
Most of the show is one guy talking to himself over cartoon mischief? With IASIP you're watching an ensemble of actors do their thing. They're all professionals and they've kept it fresh season after season. I'm not sure about 97 more years of this, is what I mean.

Also, "Lampshade Hanging" is a bit old hat at this point. I don't know about you guys, but when it's done wrong it pisses me off. It's the "look at how retarded I am guys see I'm sentient please believe me" thing.
>>
File: 1424064474678.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
1424064474678.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>91217842
>What do you want to turn 4chan into?
Not that anon but I've already seen what /pol/ is trying to turn 4chan into. Lots of people have. Anything is preferable to that. We're quite sick of your siht.
>>
>>91217403
>their own personal hell
their minds?
>>
>>91214722
>rick and morty forever!
>>
>>91217913
What is /pol/ trying to turn 4chan into, and is that preferable to the alternative to you?
>>
File: 1484433362708.jpg (158KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1484433362708.jpg
158KB, 1280x1280px
>>91214733
It was a good episode but it was very anti climatic emotionally. The s2 finale (and the season in general) was basically all about Rick maybe not being a bad guy at all, and just being a little crazy and sometimes selfish. And he eventually sacrifices himself for the good of his family. So I kinda expected them to do something with that but they didn't, and that's what bothers me the most.

I also felt like finding the portal gun on the dead Rick felt a little pointless, but it was still fun.

I mean I guess I shouldn't expect characterization from Rick and Morty of all things, but if that's the direction they want to to they could have at least finished what they started.

Honestly it feels like the episode should have been split up a bit. Felt rushed.
>>
Holy fuck some of you are autistic as fuck. The show's hilarious. It's a god damn adult comedy cartoon show. It isn't meant to be a deconstruction of life, it's god damn entertainment. You guys are taking the show far more seriously than anyone on reddit does.
>>
File: pol newfags.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
pol newfags.png
75KB, 1229x417px
>>91217842
>>91217964

/pol/ (when it was called /new/) was already deleted once because everyone hated it and complained about stormniggers shitting up the site. The only reason it was put back up was to contain the flood of shitposting that flooded every other board once their containment was deleted.

The problem now is that the stormniggers that everyone complained about are slowly becoming the majority.
>>
File: 1489208565032.jpg (94KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
1489208565032.jpg
94KB, 540x532px
>>91217964
Are you asking honestly or are you just dragging this conversation out just to be a nitpicky contrarian and look for some meaningless detail to cling on to and say 'I win!'.

Because I can already tell you're doing the second thing so fuck off.
>>
>>91217978
This isn't the end of it, he's still in jail.
>>
>>91217999
Just turn your brain off to enjoy it guys! :) Cartoons shouldn't make you think! They're for kids!
>>
>>91216137
So? what does that matter?
>>
File: 1471573153378.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471573153378.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>91218084
>Wah samefag reee *autistic screeching*
>>
>>91215463
But Jerry is a pathetic slimeball who tried to shake down his daughter for money, was retarded enough to offer up his penis ot aliens as a heart for something he didn't really care for, constantly whines for attention, is terrible at his job, is terrible as a father.

You're not meant to 100% like anyone. Morty, Rick, Beth, Jerry and Summer all have flaws as characters but they're also shown to have positive qualitites too. To say any of them are good or bad objectively is a false statement and utterly ignores the point of the show.
>>
File: leadpill.png (311KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
leadpill.png
311KB, 1024x768px
>>91218084

>Epic bluepills you're dropping there

Here buddy, I have a pill you can take.
>>
>>91218034
If you want a medium that is so deep and meaningful pick up some Kafka, Foucault or Derrida, or watch television or movies/ read literature where the modus operandi isn't fucking entertainment. Instead, you're sperging out over a comedy show on Adult Swim?
>>
File: Flash-Barry-Earth2.png (912KB, 960x937px) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Barry-Earth2.png
912KB, 960x937px
>>91215732

Are you really confused by this you idiot? The answer is simple. People want to be Rick because RICK = POWER, CONTROL, DOMINANCE.
>>
>>91218159

At the end of the day you're correct, but I think what people are arguing about is the levels of grey each person represents. Yes each character has their good points and bad points, but it'd be disingenuous and lazy to claim they're all the "same" level of awful just because they all have flaws.
>>
>>91218172
Why can't it be clever and funny anon? WHy not? are you saying it's impossible to be both?

I think Rick and Morty is clever and funny.

>>91218229
>>91215732
Because they want to be post-human anon
>>
>>91216583
It couldnt have been evil rick/eye patch morty as they're not touching time travel at all.. ever..
>>
>>91218247
I never said it wasn't clever. I think it's clever too. I love the show. Clever doesn't necessarily mean that the show has to accurately deconstruct the human condition at a level that is suitable to some of the autistic posters in this thread
>>
>>91217978
You know they're just gonna go back and forth with this stuff, right? Every time he seems like a complete monster they're gonna have him do something selfless, and vice versa. The whole show is based around setting up expectations and subverting them.
>>
File: sj_anger.webm (440KB, 674x458px) Image search: [Google]
sj_anger.webm
440KB, 674x458px
I want to gas everyone in this thread
>>
>>91218107
>>91218168
>Comes into thread about Rick and Morty
>"WAAAAAH WAAAAH TRUMP WAAAAH"
>Gets told to fuck off
>"Haha kys, buddy :)"

/co/mblr is real
>>
>>91218322
>WAAAAH PEOPLE WOULD RATHER WATCH A GOOD SHOW THAN MY SHITTY ONE WITH THE WHITEWASHED ASIAN CHARACTER
>>
>>91215371
It makes sense he hates bureaucracy in every form and he's just evil enough to collapse the government so he can easily take charge
>>
>>91218247
I never said it wasn't clever. I think it's clever. I love the show. I just think it's stupid that people are expecting the show to deconstruct the human condition at some elevated level, and they are going to go complain about it on 4chan.
>>
>>91215563
Jerry can be competent since his Cronenberg version became a badass. It's just that he needs the right circumstances.
>>
>>91218372
>Rick and Meme
>Better than Samurai Jack
here's your (You)
>>
File: 1448832944237.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1448832944237.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>91218084
Bait.
>>
>>91214733
It was funny.
>>
Something I don't understand is how is it that the Galactic Government was able to stand up to the Rick Continuum in the first place? All the Ricks are supergeniuses with portal guns and zero morality. I don't know what the Government had that would check that power. Was this covered in an episode I missed?
>>
>>91218479
Probably they have sheer numbers, the fact that they've been around way longer and also clearly have basically no morality.

Remember what Rick said about "Once you discover teleportation, you realize that you're the last person in the universe that did?"
>>
>>91218479
shut up
stop thinking
idiot
>>
>>91218246
You're right that it's a question of scale but that doesn't mean Rick is necessarily WORSE. Rick's the only one in the family who has intentionally sacrificed his life for anyone else in the family compared to others and he's the only one who's a confirmed freedom fighter as well.

The horrible things he does are horrible on a grander scale but he's also saved Earth as well as completely destroyed it and, unlike everyone else besides Summer, he's having positive character development. Jerry's always a self-interested cunt though. He doesn't care about anyone who isn't related to him even if he virture-signals that he does. He's also just abhorrent personally. It's just that all the things that make him bad are extremely relatable and universal; he just has SO many negative traits that it's hard to like him. But then, like everyone else in the show, he can rise to the occasion, he genuinely cares for other people and he's generally an optimist.
>>
File: 1484803626399.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1484803626399.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>91218337
Nobody brought up Trump you stupid shit
>>
Why does Rick suddenly not care for Morty even though we got 2 seasons where we were shown that he actually cared for him?
>>
>>91215268
he's supposed to remind you of the edgy nihilists you argued with on Gaiaonline around 2004
>>
>>91214733
Rushed as fuck, basically invalidating the entire finale of Season 2. Don't get me started on Bird Person being revived as a cyborg instead of just keeping him dead, all this does is make his death feel like a plot device.

This season is bound to be awful in the writing segment if the premiere is this weak.
>>
>>91218322
>>91218427
You don't have to be either or anon but why do you think Rick and Morty is worse than Samurai Jack? They're both beautifully drawn/have lovely art, they both have fun storylines, they both have a great scope, they're both wacky and they both have nice, sympathetic characters.
>>
>>91215326
for some reason I think that maybe Beth would get obsessed with Jerry for leaving her since right before they were talking about how she worships everyone who abandons her
>>
>>91215507
/r/rickandmorty

If I know them like I think I do, they're probably spamming a bunch of Szechuan sauce videos and harassing Disney to bring it back because a character on a TV show mentioned it a couple times.

It's like that Keystone Motel shit
>>
>>91218597
>Bird Person being revived as a cyborg
>>
>>91218296
Well then, I'd agree with you there anon. But I'd also say what work of art can accurately do any of that shit.
>>
>>91218000
>stormniggers
marry me
>>
>>91218615
>Lovely art
>Rick and morty
>>
>>91218690
Did you miss Total Rickall/the Moonmen song? Or the fantastic designs for all the characters in the alien parasites episode?
>>
>>91218568
Did you even read any of the posts originally I replied to? Right fucking here>>91216889
And they continue going on a smug ass tirade like they've got it all figured out
>>
>>91215896
the premiere is literally the show pissing on anyone who thinks rick is a good dude
>>
>>91218615
I like Rick and Morty and I like it's art style, but I wouldn't describe it as "beautifully drawn" or "lovely"
>>
>>91218159
Jerry wasn't that shitty until season 2, in season 1 he was just kind of an incompetant father who tried to keep his shit together and got jealous a lot.
>>
>>91218733
That's because there wasn't as much of a focus on him but he's always been a shit. All he does is whine and act self-involved.
>>
>>91218372
>whitewashed samurai
you should go back to school bub
>>
>>91218662
well that's what happens when you enable overmoderation so hard on your website that your end up with a single discussion thread and four assloads of stale meme

they just created a shitty imageboard

Reddit, Great Centrifuge of Thought

fuck em
>>
>>91218615
Personally I don't think that rick and morty is all that bad, but saying that it's better than samurai jack is outright fuckin offensive.
Some of the best episodes of samurai jack are practically works of art the likes of which western cartoons have lacked for ages, what does rick and morty have to offer that's anywhere close to that level?
>>
>>91218731
It's imaginative as heck and extremely psycheldic when it wants to be. If you're going for technical brilliance then I'd have to agree with you but I also consider creativity and colour when I'm talking about art.

Sin City is good and all but I prefer something punchier.
>>
>>91218372
>Whitewashed
His parents had that yellow tint to them. Jack's just horribly stressed out constantly and on the verge of insanity.

Of course he's gonna be pale.
>>
If you guys didn't already notice

His entire rant about Mulan Teriyaki, seasons and years is more or less confirming he still isn't doing time travel

He's bitching because he can't do time travel until what will most likely be the end of the series
>>
>>91218597
>not realizing that the episode was explicitly intended to end every ongoing conflict, even the dumb marriage thing, and kind of fuck up birdperson's death for good measure, as an explicit troll on everyone who wanted the show to become more serialized
>>
>>91214733
I loved it, the whole Rick brain switching sequence was really fun and I lost my shit to the scene where everyone was yelling at Morty telling him how stupid he was.

I think a lot of people on this board will be ass blasted that the council of Ricks are gone and the Galactic Federation Earth storyline is over already but I'm fucking glad personally. This show was never about overarching plots and that shit would've just gotten in the way of the formula of Rick and Morty's adventures.

Straying too far from the formula can be exciting at first but you often lose the original magic, I feel like that kind of happened with Venture Bros over time (though I liked Season 6 a lot.)
>>
File: 3GnUFl2.jpg (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3GnUFl2.jpg
473KB, 1920x1080px
>>91218690
To be fair it does occasionally have some interesting background art, but yeah otherwise it's pretty much standard digital puppet animation using mostly mid-shots.

Though most people seem like they overlook that to point to the 2 minutes in a single season where they changed it up once and then never did anything like it again like >>91218714
>>
>>91218821
Samurai Jack also had no consistent character arc and for every samurai vs shinobi there's a jack and the farting dragon or jack and the smackback. Jack has great episodes but it can also be hit and miss.

Plus, Rick and Morty can have some fucking punch to it anon. Not just the suicide episode but also when S1 E10 and Morty living through an entire life and then having to reassert that he's Morty Smith, not joe whatever.
>>
>>91218909
>Straying too far from the formula can be exciting at first but you often lose the original magic
So that's why I didn't like this episode.
>>
I wonder if this whole episode is an elaborate April Fools prank
>>
>>91218479
I'm guessing the confusion of being warped directly into the prison had something to do with it.
>>
>>91214899
This.
>>
>>91214899
keep crying about it

Seriously I'm loving the new Jack season but I found the change up amusing, it's what makes Adult Swim a fun network. Jack will be back next week.
>>
>>91218916
Anon, I can point to other great artistic moments. Like Human Park, where all the diseases aren't lazy blobs and are actual individual little monsters, the wedding coounselling episodes where Jerry and Beth's monster versions are both creative and symbolic, the fact that mosty of Rixty Minutes was completely unscripted and the artists had to work backwards from it.

I could go on but even if it's not technically perfect, Rick and Morty is more imaginative than basically fucking anything that isn't 12 oz rat
>>
>>91219002
This. If nothing else Adult Swim has a sense of humour about itself and isn't afraid to dick about a bit at its own expense.
>>
>>91214899
Ur mad hahahaha get fucked fampai
>>
>>91215268
Depends, if you're one of those people who can't like characters who aren't good people, then no, I guess.

He's not a good person, but he is entertaining.
>>
File: 1490823740058.png (229KB, 659x723px) Image search: [Google]
1490823740058.png
229KB, 659x723px
>>91216229
>>91216444
I don't know who or what you are, but because of these insufferable posts I've decided that I'm going to become a Rick and Morty fan.

The show isn't even that good, but if liking it is all it takes to distance myself from smug, hateful, pseudo-intellectuals like you, then it's something I'll gladly do.
>>
>>91217693
If you remembered /co/ before mlp youd be great full the boards exist
>>
File: 1403829082208.jpg (57KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1403829082208.jpg
57KB, 650x1000px
>>91215034
/mlpol/
I tried to post but the entire board was broken
>>
>>91215326
I'm seriously hoping you're right and we get bachelor Jerry subplots throughout the season that go as horribly as you'd predict.

I'm a little worried that maybe it was a scheduling conflict for Chris Parnel this season, though.
>>
>>91219059
>yfw it's Roiland shitposting again
>yfw no face
>>
>>91215357
Did you expect him to be in jail all season? What show do you think you're watching?
>>
>>91217738
4chan tells you one is okay while the other is not.
>>
>>91219168
I'm happy they didn't do a prison arc. I was expecting a prison arc but the fact they didn't bother? That's better. More consistent. Plus I have no idea why I and apparently everyone else EXPECTED an arc.
>>
>>91218084
>implying it's a samefag
Fuck off, vladimir.
>>
>>91215374
I like the other characters, but they mostly exist for Rick to bounce off of.
>>
>>91215408
>But Rick is a stand in for Justin
I really don't know where the fuck you get this idea, Rick is clearly displayed to be a broken shell of a person and not some perfect mary sue.

Just because he's successful and good at what he does doesn't make him infallible.
>>
>>91219173
Since when? They've both been popular here for years.

Go back to Ribbit ffs
>>
>>91217142
I saw a thread about this on /co/ earlier.

Why is everyone so quick to pin the blame on the 2 female writers in what is still a male-majority writing staff? Will they be the scapegoats for every blunder that happens in the show from now on?
>>
>>91215416
You're a fucking idiot, do you really think a plot decision like that would be made by some fuck in the writers' room? That's the kind of thing that would come straight from Justin or Dan, or possibly forced by Chris Parnell having scheduling conflicts or something.
>>
>>91219261
Oh please, Rick and Morty has been "reddit and memey" here since season 2. Fuck off, you insecure manchild.
>>
>>91219291
>It's literally impossible he dislikes my meme show! He must be pretending to dislike it! That's the only reason!
I think you're projecting, Anon.
>>
>>91215463
>I really hate how the show shits on Jerry

And I hate pussies like you who get offended by jokes like this, but what can you do.
>>
I get that it's like a joke and stuff.

But how come we have to wait longer just because they wanted to play 4 of the same episodes for April Fools?

That's a good joke on us. But it still sucks, you can recognize that without being a rambling child.
>>
>>91218833
this
also, that light and shadow fight that's so famous on youtube
some daoist shit
>>
>>91219355
Yeah, it sucks. But trust me, we're not the rambling children here.
>>
>>91218833
Because he's vaguely white? He's yellow tinted, sure, but his skin tone is that of actual Japanese people. I've been there, I know. Hell, anyone does who's seen nip porn.
>>
>>91216786
Dan Harmon.
>>
>>91219161
Hey now, I could be Roiland for all you know. I'm definitely not though.

Nope.
>>
>>91216600
It did exist for a legitimate reason but went way off the rails.
>>
>>91215500
I kind of felt bad for the original Jerry, Beth and Summer this episode. Last we saw them they seemed to be pretty happy in cronenburg world, but now they're just a bunch of crazy savages.

I mean it makes sense, and at this point we've been with their replacements longer than the originals, but it's pretty fucked up.

Reminds me how I felt when the original Hank and Dean clones died on Venture Bros, its easy to forget that the clones we've been with for 5 seasons were just replacements originally.
>>
File: IMG_0547.gif (505KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0547.gif
505KB, 1080x1080px
So Rick's plan was just getting rid of Jerry from the beginning? If that's true then he set up Birdperson to hook up with Tamy at that one party just so that it would domino fall down everything up until season 3 just so he could get rid of Jerry.

Lmao, if you don't think rick is an irredeemable sociopath who deserves to die by the now then you have stockholm syndrome.

>>91218949
It's a good thing tho. Like the anon said, they just killed 90% of the plotlines that went over episodes and got in the way of classic rick and morty adventures
>>
>>91215500
Who is hotter?
>Crazy Summer
or
>Buff Summer
>>
>>91219449
Jack was just yellow to represent his culture. Not sure why but people are bugged by it. Japanese people aren't even yellow, it's just a stylistic choice.
>>
File: Pensive dong.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
Pensive dong.gif
736KB, 451x322px
>>91219518
Third wave feminism at its core is about empowering women and changing societal expectations about what women (and men) can achieve so that women (and men) don't write off their own potential because of societal pressure of what is a man's job and what is a women's job.

For example, nursing as being sen as a female led profession. Women in management etc.
If you agree with that, you're a third-wave feminist. Safe spaces or man hating or any of that other SJW shite is down to that particular person's personal ideology.
>>
Sooo, are we gonna ignore the fact that Morty wanted to kill Rick? The kid has completely lost it.
>>
>>91219689
Changing nursing as being seen as a female led profession to a more gender neutral one sorry.
>>
File: this is your mindset, rickfags.png (192KB, 1053x559px) Image search: [Google]
this is your mindset, rickfags.png
192KB, 1053x559px
>>
>>91219347
You asked why you don't like Rick and Morty but like It's Always Sunny. I gave you the answer. Don't be upset at the truth.
>>
>>91219735
>how dare people be excited about a show
>why aren't they just miserable all the time like me?
>>
>>91219735
Who here hoped Beth would leave Rick for Jerry?

I like rick, but he also deserves to die a humiliating and long torturous death at this point.
>>
>>91219689
>>91219735
I'm beginning to think >>91219059 is right. Liking Rick & Morty is a sign of being socially well-adjusted and mentally stable.
>>
I know some people feel cucked since they want to play daddy someday, but come one, didn't you enjoy [whatever Morty's mom's name is, Beth? who cares about the parents]'s blank-eyed rage? We didn't need to hear her say anything. We remember, Jerry. Some of us remember who you are.

I was raised by a divorced mother, though, so obviously I've a harlot's ideology.
>>
>>91219798
Both Rick and Jerry are dicks. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to kill eachother.
>>
File: 1416520831870.png (114KB, 447x527px) Image search: [Google]
1416520831870.png
114KB, 447x527px
>>91219735
Wow people who enjoy the show are sharing jokes from the show on a board dedicated to the show.

How weird and unusual. Human behavior is truly an alien monstrosity.
>>
File: co_today.jpg (493KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
co_today.jpg
493KB, 1000x635px
>>91219765
>>
>>91215732

That's kind of the point of this episode. They straight up address the audience with the trial scene and talk about how summer's the audience's hero worship goes too far. Sure their are aspects of rick that are positive and worth admiring, but on the whole he is a pretty horrible human being.
>>
File: 1489892038182.png (256KB, 498x486px) Image search: [Google]
1489892038182.png
256KB, 498x486px
>>91219735
Why can't people just like the show.

I did laugh at how the discussion completely derailed into mindless references though. From an outside perspective that shit always looks funny.

And we get two new Samurai Jack episodes compressed within two days. That ought to make for some good hype.
>>
>>91219735
>exporting Eternal September
the same damn people who don't read the rules on any site and need to fit in

just think of reddit as a centrifugal markov chamber. the karma counts are a function of time and the content only matters in terms of pattern recognition. autism
>>
>>91219617

No not exactly

After realizing that Jerry was going to rat him out to the federation was when he decided to give himself in

He was able to take down Feds, citidel and Jerry in one fell swoop
>>
>>91214733
Really fun, Rick nonchalantly destroying both the Citadel of Ricks AND the federation with his signature catchphrase, "I'm gonna go take a shit" was really great. He wasn't screwing around when he said that he could take them both out with no effort if he wanted to, which was fun to watch. Especially the standoff with Morty and Summer.
Summer was also really well done with Morty, she has the nerve to keep going into danger but Morty's been there too many times and understands the consequences. Which is a nice way to say "this is why Summer isn't the partner" despite being capable. Hope they keep Jerry around and not completely gone, or at least finally give Beth some screentime outside of being tied to some Jerry fuckup sideplot. She's straight up depressing now.
>>
>>91218479
Many of them likely just said "fuck this shit" and left when things started to go to shit. A lot of Rick's tend to have shady morality but others aren't quite as bad as the "main Rick."
>>
>>91219946
fucking cucks on reddit only care about getting collecting karma so it means that noone says anything that goes against the collective and so there is no real original thought or content

my theory is does it what I figure out happened just ever come like anything else for it. pathetic.
>>
>>91215732
because I'd be nicer?
because I'd make other individuals experience unimaginable things, and all consciousness is one?
because I'd make jokes about flesh and addiction and metal instead of butts?
because I'd fuck everything up, but it'd be my flavor of fucked up?
I think we're getting tired of being mammals, anon. so many of the things that matter to me shouldn't.
>>
File: 24523462346.jpg (40KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
24523462346.jpg
40KB, 512x384px
Why do all Western animations eventually devolve into this pattern?

>characters in the show who were already kind of sociopaths reveal themselves to be complete sociopaths
>comedy arises from the situation rather than conflicts between characters' personalities
>characters act out of character as the situation demands
>characters become defined by a single personality trait

It happened to the Simpsons around season 17. It happened to Family guy around season 10. It happened to Spongebob around season 4.

Season 3 isn't even over and Rick and Morty are already jumping the shark.
>>
File: 1491024648283-co.png (595KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1491024648283-co.png
595KB, 600x597px
>>91219997
Almost quads
>>
>>91220138
>Season 3 isn't even over and Rick and Morty are already jumping the shark.
Define jumping the shark in the context of rick and morty
>>
>>91220095
anybody who can recognize that agreement = awareness on the website leaves or starts memeing hardcore. at that point it depends on their level of self awareness. hence their late arrival to the 2009-era """"I AM SO FUCKING IRONIC"""""""""""" game
>>
>>91216938
it's pretty embarrassing at this point...hell for a while now
>>
>>91214952
BUT I AM GOING TO KICK THIS DOGHOUSE DOWN
>>
>>91215953
That's part of the problem though. When Morty calls Rick out on his shit and gets violent to try and stop him/save himself and his sister, the consequences are rarely if ever addressed.

Hell, the ending villain rant would have made a hell of a lot more sense if Rick had stated he did it not because "Jerry crossed me!" but because Morty shot him in the head with the gun and not because of the note but because he truly wanted Rick dead.

Same with the Purge episode. Morty finally snaps and it's handwaved by Rifck telling him the candy made him go crazy.

Justin should have Morty, not cower in terror at Rick's end of episode rant and just have him physically assault Rick and do a serious number on Rick in terms of physically assaulting him while telling him that he can go fuck himself and fuck his obsession with shitty McNugget sauce too.

Give us two-three minutes of Rick being physically assaulted by Morty, then have the fallout play in the next couple of episodes where Beth rationalizes the physical assault on Morty being told about the divorce and Rick having to kiss Morty's ass to win back his trust after he basically scorched earth said trust.
>>
>>91214733
If there's an episode where Jerry gets cucked, and there will be, I'm dropping this show instantly.
>>
>>91220183
absolutely. self-awareness and awareness of the environment are natural end products of enlightened individuals. I used to be like that but the cultural centrifuge spun out my egoism and i couldn't stand to be there any more, everytime wasn't even think about it or has been everything.

rick and morty is just not for any one with any self awareness or self intelligence, ya know?
>>
>>91220267
It's not really cucking if you're divorced.
>>
File: 1431478216547.jpg (62KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1431478216547.jpg
62KB, 719x719px
>>91220227
>fuck his obsession with shitty McNugget sauce too.

It was just a fourth wall breaking reference anon. Did him repeatedly banging on about 9 seasons and story arcs not give that away.

Jesus Christ, there are people out there who literally think that everything Rick does is in persuit of that McNugget Sauce aren't there? That the ending wasn't them just light heartedly shitting on all the melodrama that had just been brought up by the divorce because the show doesn't take itself too seriously.

Christ.
>>
>>91220170

In the context of Rick and Morty they aren't jumping the shark, since the show was already mediocre to begin with. They're just taking all the stuff in seasons 1-2 and exaggerating it to the n-th degree.

Mark my words, season 3 will be the canary in the coalmine. The writers basically demonstrated with the premiere that they have no new ideas. And they can't keep milking content from the first two seasons forever.
>>
>>91220267
It already happened in the episode with the daycare for Jerrys, and the one with the brain parasites.
>>
>>91214733
I thought it was great.
>>
>>91220318
But it is anon, don't you know that women aren't allowed to be sexual creatures with their own desires?

If they indulge that then they're sluts and the blokes are cucks. When men do it they're superstuds.
>>
>>91220396
No one knows what cucking actually is anymore, do they.
>>
the animation was a lot better in this episode than in the previous episodes

I can't wait for the rest of season 3
>>
File: 1490965122579.png (642KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
1490965122579.png
642KB, 1017x765px
>>91220318
They're just going to do the entire Kirk Van Houten plotline if they continue with the divorce story. Except they get back together in the end, making Jerry a cuck, essentially.
>>
>>91220396

Men can reproduce hundreds of times faster than women. Therefore sex is a much more expensive investment for a woman than a man. That's why women are taught to be less promiscuous-- because the consequences are far greater if they make a mistake.
>>
>>91214751
>>91215465
>>91215533
>>91215611
>>91215747
>>91215773
>>91215804
>>91216436
>>91216583
>>91216583
>>91216722
>>91216784
>>91216995
>>91218662
>>91220227
>>91220356
I don't think you understand how fucking good that mcnugget sauce was.
>>
>>91214733
It was great and all but I wouldve enjoyed it more had samurai jack aired right after.
>>
>>91217810
I'm sure in the end he'll somehow end up helping Rick, or finally pull one over on Rick (or at least Rick will make him think he did) and get some leverage to come back to the family.
>>
>>91220469
Unless she's barren, then she can fuck as much as she wants

I don't get why barren women isn't a more common fetish
>>
>>91220469
Kind of more irrelevent in a world with birth control though, isn't it?

And if a woman takes precautions then why shouldn't she do what the fuck she wants in the same way men do.

It's her body, and a baby would be her problem. Unless you inevitably bring up child support or whatever at which point your entire point about sex being a much more inexpensive investment for men becomes moot.
>>
At this point we're just a /tv/ subreddit and i like it.
>>
File: 1491066009008.png (145KB, 446x520px) Image search: [Google]
1491066009008.png
145KB, 446x520px
Rick's still in prison. This whole episode was inside the simulation in Rick's head.
>>
>>91217285
that boy aint right
>>
>>91214733
fucking great, the pacing was really fast and it kept building on itself and the viewer can't help but get more excited from watching it. Kinda bummed they got rid of the council of ricks.
They did a callback to the first episode at the end.
>>
>>91220396
Thanks braving all the cat calls and wolf whistles to drop this powerful knowledge bomb on us, tumblr.
>>
>>91220528
>why shouldn't she do what the fuck she wants in the same way men do.
Because I have an irrational hatred of women.
>>
Anyone have a link?
>>
>>91214733
pretty cool. I liked the throw back to the very first episode
>>
YOU SEE MORTY?
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CROSS ME MORTY.
I'M THE PATRIARCH OF THIS *BELCH* FAMILY NOW MORTY.
AND YOU BETTER NOT TELL ANYONE I DID THIS MORTY.
YOUR MOM AND SISTER WON'T EVER BELIEVE YOU MORTY.
I'LL LIE AND DENY MORTY. LIE AND DENY AND THEY'LL ALWAYS BELIEVE ME.
YOUR DAD IS LEAVING AND NEVER COMING BACK.
I'M GOING TO FUCK YOUR MOM AND SISTER. I'M GOING TO *BURP* IMPREGNATE THEM *UURRRRP*.
I SLEEP IN THE MASTER BEDROOM NOW. I OWN THIS FAMILY.
THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER NINE SEASONS OF ME KEKING YOUR DAD, MORTY. THERE'S GOING TO BE A LOT OF SOUND CLIPS, MORTY.
ZONE IS GOING TO HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO MAKE A PORT PARODY TO END ALL PORT PARODIES, MORTY.
IT'S GOING TO BE SOME SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP, DEGENERATE SHIT, MORTY.
WE MIGHT EVEN FEATURE *BEEEELCH* MORTICIA GETTING RAILED OUT AND THEN HAVE YOU BURY HER BODY AFTERWARDS.
NOW LET'S GO ON A GODDAMN ADVENTURE LIKE YOUR MOM SAID, YOU MORON.
>>
>>91220534
that is a copout and the writers wouldn't stoop this low
>>
>>91220534
>every episode of S3 takes place in Rick's head as he escapes prison
>every episode is exactly the same except for subtle differences
>>
>>91220578
I MEANT PORN, MORTY.
TOO MUCH ALCOHOL.
NOT ENOUGH MULAN SAUCE.
>>
File: 1490911691596.jpg (88KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490911691596.jpg
88KB, 1024x1024px
>>91220460
>>
>>91220556
No problem lad
>>
>>91220469
What the fuck do you mean that men reproduce faster than women? Where?? Reproduction requires womb, anon. REQUIRES WOMB. WOMB GO FIFTY // FIFTY ANON

are you having a gender crisis because you might not pass on your superior genes? meme harder, honestly. I got sterilized. you can bust anywhere. I can fuck a couch - brutally, if necessary - and nobody has a philosophical reason to stop me. Catholics? /pol/? nothing. we're flying into the sun and everyone is checking to make sure the wings are working properly. grow up
>>
File: DocAndMharti&scale=2.jpg (20KB, 360x246px) Image search: [Google]
DocAndMharti&scale=2.jpg
20KB, 360x246px
If Rick wanted Jerry out of the picture all this time why did he send him and Beth to the advanced couples therapy?
>>
>>91214733
The one thing i loved about this episode was that Jerry was 100% right.
>>
>>91220578
>I'LL LIE AND DENY MORTY. LIE AND DENY AND THEY'LL ALWAYS BELIEVE ME.
this is the vibe I got. the anon complaining about how the show's initial "Doc and Mahti" premise being abandoned perplexed me.
>>
>>91217130
Jerry is just maliciously stupid, Rick is maliciously intelligent. Both are annihilating the whole family.
>>
>>91220612
>Escapes prison
>Destroys the Council of Ricks
>Destroys the Galactic Government
>Gets rid of Jerry
>All in one episode
>>
>>91215579
Here
https://mega.nz/#!FkVU3JZC!O_BhpajyHT4MpP_OuVozo2E4cB8aXjqeb6BSmUaHbBc
>>
>>91220767
To show them that not even space therapy can help their marriage.
>>
>>91217661
>ban things that I don't like

Not even a /pol/ack but that's retarded. Should we ban /co/ for making thinly veiled cartoon threads on other boards all the time?
>>
>>91220830
Yes and?
>>
>>91220578
ZONE!
The challenge has been stated! Rick fucking Beth, Summer and Morticia (the female Morty), debasing them completely while being entirely unashamed!
We will pay you with our neetbux Zone! Many moist crumpled neet dollars Zone!
>>
>>91219319
>straw man comics and ad-hominem
>>
>>91215371
In a society built largely on credit and perceived value where the populace doesn't hold actual valuable items, switching a line in a program (and then making sure there are no backups of the previous state of the system-somethig they didn't cover in the show) can seriously fuck up a bank and possibly an entire economy, since any extra perceived public value of money beyond what's stored at the reserves is made up bullshit and a result of repeated aggregation of businesses changing prices on items in relation to currency worth, people earning different amounts of money and other forms of inflation.

If you told everyone tomorrow the value of a dollar was nothing, our entire society would collapse. Nobody actually holds gold or valuable items to barter with.
>>
>>91220767
that was before rick heard jerry talking about turning him in to the galactic government (at the end of the season 2 finale, right before rick turns himself in)

that put jerry on rick's shitlist big time
>>
>>91219633
>hairstyle
buff
>everything else
normal
>>
>>91220578
Zone if you're here, PLEASE do this.
>>
>>91220767
I think he tolerated Jerry until now for Beth's sake/just Rick's general apathy.d

Like he said in the episode, Jerry had to go because he crossed him.
>>
>>91220876
>can dish it out but can't take it
Typical.

>>91220845
/pol/ has gotten as bad as ponies now. It has to be done.
>>
>>91220876
maybe you would be more receptive to being addressed as goyim? many here have witnessed /pol/'s saturday morning cartoons. nobody is savoring the flavor.
>>
>>91214899
At least it means Jack will last a bit longer before ending
>>
>>91215997
this
>>
>>91220876
and yet you can't deny anything in the image, funny how that is
>>
File: Jerry.jpg (14KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry.jpg
14KB, 620x413px
Jerry did nothing wrong.
>>
>>91214722
FUCK TAMMY
>>
File: now that's zesty.png (2MB, 1070x1308px) Image search: [Google]
now that's zesty.png
2MB, 1070x1308px
>>91220952
>Summer's voice
>>
>>91221034
Because
A) not everyone thinks it's ok
B) What is different?
>>
>>91220964
/co/ has gotten bad as ponies as a whole. If anything both need to be nuked.
>>
episode was shit. this show went to shit after season one
>>
>>91221111
Quads confirm the truth.
>>
>>91220884
>If you told everyone tomorrow the value of a dollar was nothing,
They would laugh at you and continue buying and selling shit with it. You're just one retard spewing some commie bullshit about money.

However, if you PROVED a Dollar wasn't worth anything, then things get interesting.
>>
>>91220872
he's never watched superjail and he thinks adult swim will stop producing 'cartoon mayhem'
>>
>>91220528
>It's her body, and a baby would be her problem. Unless you inevitably bring up child support or whatever at which point your entire point about sex being a much more inexpensive investment for men becomes moot.
I've never heard of a woman accidentally getting pregnant and not making the man who helped conceive it help er take care of it in some way.

Especially if it's her fault it happened, sometimes it's not even the same man's kid because of her promiscuous ways.
>>
>>91220748

What I mean is that men can potentially knock up 500 women in 9 months, whereas a woman could only produce one child in that same time period.

It's because of the fact that the woman is the child-bearer that she has to be more careful who she sleeps with.
>>
>>91221115
The show went to shit in the middle of the first episode.
It never fulfilled the potential I saw in it.
>>
>>91221151
you could have just said "the latter"
>>
>>91221132
>They would laugh at you and continue buying and selling shit with it.
Anon, they wouldn't be able to the dollar is literally worthless in this scenario.
>>
>>91221207
If someone with authority, say, the United States or Intergalactic Government were to say that it weren't worth anything, that would hold a considerable amount more weight than a random Jerry yelling his head off.
>>
>>91221157
This is actually true. Meeseeks jumped the shark
>>
>Shit I don't have time to improvise

>I'm going to go take a shit
>>
At least read the wikipedia article on hyperinflation before getting into the #WOKE FIAT MONEY IS IMAGINARY BURN YOUR CLOTHES BUY GOLD
>>
>>91220841
That's some cold shit.
>>
>>91221247
Thing is, it wouldn't be one person it would be every single person currently trying to make a transaction at a store, online or even just a simple withdrawl from the bank.
>>
>>91220528

That may be true, but men tend not to marry women who have ridden the cock carousel.

When you tell a woman that she can have sex with anyone she wants no consequences because birth control exists, you're lying to her face. There are social consequences to sex.
>>
Is there any word on when the rest of the season is going to air?
>>
>>91219275
Unfortunately, that's likely the case. Bunch of misogynistic idtiots love to latch on to anything to blame for things not going the way they had perfectly envisioned.

For those of you complaining, go make your own show and let us see how you'd do better.
>>
>>91221132
You might try to still buy stuff with that dollar, but that doesn't mean that other people will be willing to accept that dollar. Our entire oil industry and stock market is literally controlled by price points set outside of the control of your local business owners and store managers. If you crash the dollar and oil prices skyrocket as a eesult, your local gas station isn't going to just keep reading away oil at $2.15 a gallon. They have no guarantee that the money they take from you can be properly reinvested to continue the business, so they'd likely hold their product and only trade in actually valuable items until the situation smooths out. Other businesses, especially ones with high traffic and distribution networks like supermarkets would do the same.

We'd be in a pretty chaotic state, given most people don't hold actual valuable items at home.
>>
Jerry was right and his only crime was seeing through Rick's bullshit and trying to power through Beth's crippling abandonment issues.

This show isn't even fun to watch anymore, it's like torture porn because as much as I want Rick to get fucked over it's never going to happen because le brilliant infallible science man
>>
>>91221413
It's goin to air in place of samurai jack till the season finishes.
>>
>>91221333
Anon, if fiat money is imaginary, what can I buy gold with?
>>
>>91221413

Summer
>>
>>91221149
It does take two to tango anon.
>>
>>91214733
Good, but it felt a bit anticlimactic.
>>
>>91215720
Go away Harmon you cuck.
>>
>>91221557
Gold is just a fiat currency as well.

If you want something that will definitely hold its value, buy land in a major city.
>>
>>91221563
Is a cunt
>>
I know people who won't watch the show because rick burps and because rick is an atheist

season 3 was amazing
>>
>>91221247
By telling them it's worth nothing, that's what I meant. Like if you could get into the files at the reserve which have the value of our dollar set based on the estimated value of our nation's output, and deleted all of that plus the backups, we'd have a literal crash because we are in a credit based society where we place more value on our currency than what we actually have backing it up at Fort Knox. There'd be a domino effect for a while where people stop trading because people aren't sure they'll actually be able to do anything with the dollar. Following that there'd be some more chaos as we wouldn't be able to restate what the dollar is worth reliably. We currently set prices and value based on credit and social trust more than we do the gold at the reserve. Thus the actual worth of a dollar would become pretty low since we'd be in a non trusting state as a society temporarily, and we'd have to go by what each dollar is actually worth in proportion to its value in the nation's stored gold. It wouldn't be pretty, considering how much of the stuff we've printed in the last few decades versus how much gold we've actually been storing.
>>
>>91220964
Who are you quoting
>>
>>91220528
yeah, but our brains are hardwired according to a time when fucking everyone (both for men and women) was degerate, and this rules our social life.

so it ends up passing this >>91221373
>>
>>91215732
Why do you care that edgy teens worship edgy characters. It doesn't matter. They always do it and there's nothing you can do about it. Good characters, bad characters, doesn't matter.

Stop giving a fuck what people you already don't like happen to like.
>>
>>91221721
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>91219827
>Liking Rick & Morty is a sign of being socially well-adjusted and mentally stable.
I'm neither and I like the show.
Just a warning.
>>
>>91220964
>/pol/ has gotten as bad as ponies now. It has to be done

And they got their own board. /pol/ is harder to control because it's not based on one thing and is more of an idea. You'd have to ban politics from every other board. Good luck with that.
>>
>>91221704
It's all bullshit anyway, we haven't had the ability to trade paper money for gold in ages because we simply don't have enough. Or economy at this point is proped up on some weird loop of the act of sellling oil and not on the actual oil itself.

Aside from that people are dumb enough to not believe that a dollar isn't worth anything, not unless someone managed to put upa convincing enough news broadcast that looked official, but at this point nobody has anything worthwhile to sell as a product.
>>
>>91216444
>preemptively shielding themselves from criticism
this

I cringed when I heard them talk about 4chan like it was "omg, le chins, how can we be so masochists LOL because we reed the chins, and it hursts, lol, the butt of the interwebs"
>>
>>91216896
The second one isn't any better to be honest.
>>
>>91221647
Gold is a commodity that people meme out to have magical value sustaining powers to justify being attracted to shiny things. If anything silver is the thinking mans choice since it at least has industrial uses. Copper would be alright too if it wasn't just $5000 a ton.
>>
>>91219798
yes let's have beth leave rick and stay with jerry who doesn't go on entertaining adventures

that would make for excellent television
>>
>>91221897
He said in the interview he came here to hear actual criticism because he wouldn't get it anywhere else really. This was the one place he could get raw crtique. He jsut found it mostly uhrtful hot ari, with nohing constructive to say.

So then he decided to shitpost against his own show.
Weird fucking logic, but I guess it's nicer to have your dick stroked by fanboys and be your own worst critic as a joke, then to ask for legit criticism.
>>
>>91220964
>Ban politics from 4chan even though half of the boards have content that's heavily politicized, especially things like comics.

Retard
>>
>>91221932
Gold is an excellent conductor and is invaluable in electronics.
>>
>>91221932
>Gold is a commodity that people meme out to have magical value sustaining powers to justify being attracted to shiny things. If anything silver is the thinking mans choice since it at least has industrial uses.
Are you serious? Gold has uses other than looking pretty, it's a conduit, it's also highly usefull as a heat sync, more so than copper.

It's an essential component in most electronics, and can be found in the most mundane things. You want to talk about meme currency items talk about Diamonds.
>>
>>91222001
>diamonds
>meme
Drilling says hi
>>
>>91222001
>>91222031
Sure they have a real use now, but back in the day when they first started to get used as currency, before the days of circuits and electric saws, they were just rare pretty materials.
>>
This Episode:
>Butts
>More butts
>butts and farts
>Rick outfoxes the federation (SURPRISE)
>Rick outfoxes the council of ricks (SURPRISE)
>Morty and Summer reveal what a dick rick is FOR THE TENTH FUCKING TIME
>Rick returns home
>Jerry does the "it's him or me beth" thing that he did about 4 times in the first season 5 times in the second season
>Beth divorces jerry because "muh dad" instead of AN ACTUAL REASON
>Rick is revealed to be going insane due to the "mental crack" that was foreshadowed in the beginning
>LUL MULAN SAUCE XDDDD

Did I miss anything that was supposed to be funny
>>
>>91222031
>>91222031

But the value of diamonds is entirely fixed by one company which has an international monopoly on the rights to mining them and distributing them.
Diamonds can be artificially created, and, even more interesting, they aren't even particularly rare. Diamonds wash up on the coastal shelf every week by deep sea ocean currents. They aren't rare. And we can manufacture them with the most mundane substance on earth, carbon.
>>
>>91222001
>>91221987
>>91221932

Its limited industrial uses have very little impact on its perceived value. Humans like it because its shiny and its soft so easily worked.

Its a pretty poor currency because its value fluctuates with the news just like any other fiat currency, but it can also be affected by increased supply when new supplies become available.

Remember when Aluminium was a precious metal? When crowns were made out of it, and the US showed off by putting the biggest chunk of it ever produced on top of the Washington Monument? Now we use it for disposable mass market drink containers.

In the not too distant future the precious metals market is going to be seriously disrupted as new mining techniques and new locations open up for mining.
>>
>>91215463
i dislike punching bag characters too but jerry deserves it
>>
>>91217782
That's way too hard and way too stupid to enforce. Making a rule against anything "political" is far too nebulous to mean anything except "ban posters who make annoying posts that might be related to politics."
>>
>>91222191
Ok, I'll bite the bait.
Why?
>>
File: 1490899684165.jpg (346KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1490899684165.jpg
346KB, 1104x1104px
>Mow your neighbor's lawn
>They thank you by giving you 10 dollars
>You walk into the grocery store and ask for a steak
>"A steak requires many people to handle it before we sell it to you. We have to pay the farmers, the packagers, the truckers, the store workers. You want a lot of people to serve you. What have you done to serve your fellow man?"
>"I mowed my neighbor's lawn."
>"Prove it."
>Present them with the ten dollars
>Transaction successful

???
>>
>>91218669
Did you miss the mid-credits scene?
>>
>>91218159
Ever heard of a little something called character development?

Maybe Jerry's just grown sick of Rick taking his family for a ride during his shenanigans, and that was the push for him finally growing a pair.
>>
>>91222162
Aluminum still has practical uses, numerously so.

Likewise, so does gold. I'm not interested in discussing currency, but, as a staple in our industry, it's invaluable.
>>
File: file.png (457KB, 844x461px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
457KB, 844x461px
The whole GC from 1 to 0 scene was silly
It didn't even make sense. What type of currency has a convertion to itself?

You want to destroy an empire, cancel its debt, and the whole economy will fall under the weight of the ponzi scheme that empires are.
That's how you devalue a currency, you cannot make it "be worth nothing", you just stop the flow and it dies on its own, as noone wants it

What the fuck does $ = 0 even mean?
This retard tried to make it sound like a 360 No Scope, but making a whole empire suddenly think all their currency is worth nothing... it's not a fucking variable in a server.
Now, deleting the historical transactions of the Central Bank, THAT would be the closest you can get to a No Scope that tumbles whole economies and makes everyone mistrust the currency

Apply yourself Roiland.
>>
>>91222290
Yeah, could you imagine if something the like the united states had a currency whose rates were entirely dependent on one single agency?

How silly that would be.
>>
>>91217602
I was on /mlpol/ yesterday and I didn't see anything unsual, no fighting, just the average shitposting /pol/ always has.
I get the impression you are pushing the narrative of chaos to fit some kind of agenda but I can't imagine what it would be.
>>
>>91222223
Because he legitimately is a spineless asshole who has no problems with his family being unhappy so long as he's fulfilled.

Not being as bad as Rick is not the same as being a good person.
>>
>>91222282
>>Aluminum still has practical uses, numerously so.
his point was that Aluminium, despite practical uses, went from being super expensive to dirt cheap.
>>
>>91222031
refer to>>91222118

*6% or so of all diamond mining rights belong exclusivily to the rockefeller family, the other smaller percentage belonging to randoms. The whole value of diamonds was drummed up as a marketing scam to get idiots to pay top dollar for an incredibly commmon mineral.

Unlike gold there's far more diamonds that can be produced or mined, it is however mostly controlled by a monopoly and so they can regulate the value as they see fit.
>>
>>91222340
I was there too, and saw /pol/ literally reeing and screeing and pissing their pants over it.
>>
File: circle_redpanda[2].jpg (53KB, 641x469px) Image search: [Google]
circle_redpanda[2].jpg
53KB, 641x469px
>>91222340
>I was on /mlpol/ yesterday and I didn't see anything unsual, no fighting, just the average shitposting /pol/ always has.
Dude don't even try this revisionist shit with me, you lot spent all day trying to scare each other with gore and pony porn and when that didn't work you spammed /qa/ going "HA HA YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T GET US HA HA WE'RE GOING TO GET YOU".

I wish the merger was permanent, you deserve each other.

Well, moreso you than /mlp/ really.
>>
>>91222290
Hypothetically, if enough transactions were being performed by automated trade servers that just take whatever variable is fed to them, it could cause a lot of chaos. Similar to the 'flash crash' that wall street had with high frequency trading algorithms.
>>
File: o-FEDERAL-RESERVE-facebook.jpg (347KB, 1536x1022px) Image search: [Google]
o-FEDERAL-RESERVE-facebook.jpg
347KB, 1536x1022px
>>91222290
>it's not a variable in a server
Uhh....anon...
>>
>>91222290
>cartoon comedy show takes liberties with economics to tell a joke

oh no, somebody call the police
>>
>>91222290
He changed the value of one to zero. That in itself scrwed over currency for the entire system the empire had set up.

If you changed the value of something from on to off that jsut comletely fucks the logic behind a ton of working mechanisms.
>>
>>91222290
It's a fucking cartoon, man.
>>
>>91222362
Its hilarious now that diamonds can be produced to basically whatever size you want that the diamond cartel is coming up with marketing trying to claim that only natural diamonds with imperfections are any good. That diamonds that used to be waste used for industrial purposes are now touted as the new hot gem stone.

Its going to be funny as shit when mass produced diamonds become so cheap that you'll get them in plastic carnival rings with embedded LEDs that light up.
>>
>>91222340
I saw plenty of REEEEing and LARPing about "fighting back against the horsefuckers"

What is it with some /pol/acks and their inability to accept anything negative about that board? Even if you frequent it, like I do, you have to admit it's a bit of a shit hole. Our shit hole, but a shit hole none the less.
>>
>>91222290
Everything that was vague or silly about his plan is just evidence for the "He's still in prison" hypothesis.
>>
>>91222466
This is exactly why all the jews who used to be in the diamond business got out and sold to arabs within the past few years.

The only money to be had in gemstones these days are beautiful photogenic natural specimens. Natural art kind of stuff. China has some sort of vendetta aginst taking natural beauty from the earth and have been making some convincing fakes. But the matrixes, terminations, and other things have imperfections that can be told apart via experienced dealers and connoisseurs.
>>
>>91222162
In Roman Times Salt was as valuable as gold and Roman soldiers were paid in it leading to the word salary
>>
>>91220613
Rikku-kun, denwa
>>
>>91218662
>If I know them like I think I do, they're probably spamming a bunch of Szechuan sauce videos and harassing Disney

Exactly what they're doing
>>
>>91222573
Salt was also pretty rare then as well.
>>
>>91222573
Salt is still fucking valuable.
>>
>>91222573
Yep, that's why today they should just pay salaries in something else useful, like liquor, or pills.
>>
>>91216444
You can't blame cartoons for being half-assed phylosophy anything. It's just entertainment, not trying to lecture you into anything.

If anything, I understand taking a piss at people for making R&M their bible when it openly does not stand for anything worth worshiping.
>>
>>91222643
That's honestly not a half bad idea given how much effort and resources it takes to make some pills particularly, though it would mean big pharma would own us for the rest of the forseeable future.
>>
>>91222633
I can get a fucking bucket of salt at walmart for 4 bucks

it's cheaper than sugar

it's not valuable
>>
>>91222612
I'd love to see a rick and morty szechuan sauce tie in.

Or to try that sauce.
>>
>>91214733
It was pretty decent.
>>
>>91222690
We'll all be making six chewable figure incomes in no time.
>>
>>91222424
>>91222414
I'm saying it makes no sense. It isn't just a "liberty", it's something so cartoonish it's silly.
If bugs bunny produced a love control and turned a switch from hate to love to make a lynch mob love him, it would work because it's a Looney Tunes cartoon. R&M usually pulls smart stuff with consecuences.

Here Rick pulled out a "destroy the economy" button.
The creators wrote a Rick that said "Ha! I'm so smart that I know how to destroy and empire: I just need to destroy the economy!"
It's like saying "I don't need to kill my enemies, just prevent them from eating", like that was easy to being with

>>91222324
>>91222410
you make no point at all, completely hit and miss reply.
The US example doesn't apply at all to what Rick did, and the fact that a single agency controls the rate is not a vulnerability to the type of attack Rick did at all.
The rate affects the economy as the currency is produced. For it to have any effect, what Rick should do to fuck up the economy using that rate is to hold control of the rate for a long time. You cannot fucking change a number and bail, it would be simply changed back as soon as you go. It's not something that would topple the house of cards.

>>91222429
>>91222502
yeah, a cartoon that usually is a bit more witty

>>91222407
Exactly. But we are talking about controlling a large factor of the economy for a long amount of time.
For example, if you somehow take hold of the stock market and force lots of transactions that "on paper" would destroy the largest companies, but then you just leave... nothing relevant would happen, they just roll back the transactions and go on. You need to take hold for such a long time that people loose faith in the system, but that's basically becoming a large-scale dictator, not the nothing personnel kid that supposedly pulled Rick
>>
>>91222727
>not valuable
>>91222633

Salt has a high utility,
but a low market price.

It's vital as a nutrient, flavor additive, preservative, and so on.
At the same time, producing large amounts of it from mines and seawater is relatively easy with modern industrial equipment.

It's a bit like saying "drinking water" isn't valuable. It's cheap, but good luck going without it.
>>
>>91215649
>Face it buddy. You're only buttmad because you see yourself in Jerry - a spineless white man who can't get anyone else to like you.

damn, have MRAs always been such vocal little cucks? the goobergate online movement has brought out the worst in them
>>
>>91222788
Just picture it.
Doing transactions in Morphine Flintstone's Chewables.

A bright future, indeed.
>>
File: You need to go back.png (418KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
You need to go back.png
418KB, 800x400px
>>91216938
>Starts a sentence with "Like"
>>
>>91222611
Why is he squanching like that?
>>
>>91222850
>It's a bit like saying "drinking water" isn't valuable. It's cheap, but good luck going without it.

This is the paradox.

Diamond is expensive as fuck but for no particular reason than, "just because" and its purposes and uses really are limited.

Water is essential for all life on earth as we know it.
And it's cheap as fuck.
>>
>>91222850
holy shit you are fucking pedantic

don't pretend you don't know the context of the conversation was refering to value in terms of monetary value
>>
>>91215708
>Like I was a little sad to see that Beth is divorcing him
why? he's unemployed, weak, and boring, Beth clearly deserves better
>>
>>91222820
>comparing love control to changing a numerical value in a master computer

You understand that changin the value of something from 1 to 0 can be done and has dramatic effects, right? This is basic shit you'd learn from fucking MUGEN mate.
>>
>>91222940
He's the only one who stood up to Rick and made the poignant and correct statement that Rick is abusing their family for his personal enjoyment.
>>
>>91222727
You can't preserve food with that. Table salt is much pricier, good luck eating something seasoned with rocksalt.
>>
>>91222406
>you lot spent all day trying to scare each other with gore and pony porn and when that didn't work you spammed /qa/ going "HA HA YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T GET US HA HA WE'RE GOING TO GET YOU".
I didn't do any of those nor did I see it, granted I didn't go on /qa/ yesterday so I can't attest to that.
>>
>>91222930
Because people have been convinced that its rare and valuable as a result.
Its going to take some time, but sooner or later people will understand that its just carbon and that the mass produced stuff really isn't any different from the natural stuff.
Its like keratin, the stuff you get from a rhino and the stuff you get from your fingernails, and the stuff that gets produced in industrial processes isn't any different from one another, but people believe that the ones from a rhino have magic extra value.
>>
>>91223024
>people believe that the ones from a rhino have magic extra value.
The only people that believe that are crazy third world shit holes.
>>
>>91215268

If you have to ask the question, you're supposed to like Morty.
>>
>>91222865
This! Yaaaas!

I'm so sick of these manspreading mansplainers and their patriarchy!
>>
>>91222979
Morty's come to the same conclusion and the latest episode showed his hatred for Rick has reached a boiling point. They got rid of Jerry so that the message about Rick being a sociopath who barely cares about his family comes from a main character rather than the punching bag joke character so it has more impact. This is all assuming they're sticking with the divorce plotline and not pussying out of it after 1 or 2 episodes.
>>
>>91215416

Did you watch the previous two seasons where Jerry was a disaster of a human being, or did you just get here from /pol/?
>>
>>91223105
Yet Morty didn't "renounce" Rick.

At this point, Jerry made a good decision and people are lambasting him for it.
>>
>>91215842

That made me happy.
>>
>>91223153
>Yet Morty didn't "renounce" Rick
He shot Rick in the head during the standoff scene because he believed the universe would go on better without him. That combined with Rick's massive rant about masterminding the divorce (which Morty was clearly impacted by) would make it shit writing if they decided to keep Morty on Rick's side.
>>
File: tintinWhere.jpg (35KB, 485x424px) Image search: [Google]
tintinWhere.jpg
35KB, 485x424px
>>91222939
>you are fucking pedantic
>the conversation was referring to value in terms of monetary value
Then use the phrase "salt is not expensive".

>>91222930
>Water is essential for all life on earth as we know it.
>And it's cheap as fuck.
Water being essential means many people enter the market to secure clean water from the environment, driving down price.
Diamond, while convenient, is not vital. As such, there isn't as much motivation for new producers to enter the market against the entrenched monopoly-ish suppliers.
>>
>>91216747

>I am not sure if something is wrong with me for liking this episode
No anon, you're alright. Remember where you are.

>Rick actually uses the flies in the same way Summer said they would
Yes, that was amusing.
>>
>>91223219
Jerry and Morty are the only two then.
>>
>>91223266
>Then use the phrase "salt is not expensive".

exactly what I meant. you are a fucking pedant
>>
>>91222820
Obviously it would be difficult to leave it at just changing the number and bailing, that's why I specified that backups of the system need to be deleted in earlier posts. Due to our existing in a society where our value is largely credit backed rather or than backed by actual material, changing a value and deleting memory would fuck everything up, especially when you prevent recovery. We wouldn't be able to necessarily state what our currency is worth since we currently don't back up its value with anything. It's paper we all agree is worth something rather than paper which means that you hold a share of x% of gold at the reserve. We'd be forced to revert to some material standard and the value would crash relative to what it's worth today due the proportion of paper out to what we actually have stored.

And even if you did just delete a variable and bail, that could reasonably fuck up a lot of automated trading systems which at this point run wall street and keep afloat things like the insurance industry which largely exists in a bubble and depends on financial trade to make money to reimburse customers with and pay their employees. The government might be able to reaffirm the value of a dollar later that day, but the damage would have been done in the markets.
>>
File: 1464852376179.jpg (35KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1464852376179.jpg
35KB, 330x330px
>>91220613
>>91222611

No pls.
>>
>>91223320
Exactly, and we've seen that
>Summer is just associating her own issues with the Galactic Federation Earth with the lack of Rick, and like Morty said hasn't had enough experience with Rick to understand what an utterly horrible human being he is
and
>Beth's attachment to Rick is entirely based around the abandonment issues that were caused in the first place by him leaving her
The writers are not at all expecting you to be rooting for Rick. He's very much supposed to be an unsympathetic asshole. The only problem that's erupted is just the fact the writers haven't properly given him a scene where he gets taken down a peg. The whole "infallible edgy science man" thing isn't intentional because the show takes the piss with Rick several times, like the first episode of season 2 where he's praying when it seems like he's fucked.
>>
>>91222410

The Fed only controls monetary supply, you realize. The value of the dollar floats freely.

What the episode tell us is that Beijing's fiscal policy is precariously balanced on the presumption of stable governance.
>>
>>91215410
>/r/ick and M'orty
kek
>>
>>91214733

I loved it.
>>
>>91223486
Still don't get why people piss on Jerry then for trying to do what's right for his family.
>>
>>91222948
Everything I said goes to show that no, there is not a single number you could change that had that effect.
That's why I compared it with that: the creators showed us something just as non-sensical.
That number they supposedly changed would imply a much larger control, just the same way you can't make people love them without having a direct and severe influence on their brain.

>>91223326
I like your line of thinking.
>We'd be forced to revert to some material standard
It kinda already is. Currencies are just for interchanging products, but the already existing infrastructure and goods have owners, and the military enforces soverignety, not only on galactic territory but abroad. Let's put the US as an example in all this. Their currency is used because they literally kill off people who try to use other currencies for exchanging oil.

I understand entirely what you say, the house of cards would fall fast. But the economy is an organic system that is flexible, there isn't a centralized server you could possibly fuck up.
What bothers me is that, as you said, there ARE ways to fuck it all up, but not through changing values, because everyone will agree to keep going like before, because nobody wants the economy to collapse.
you make it by changing decisions.

In the US example, let's say you want to pull a 360 noscope: convince Merkel to drop the petrodollar. if germoney, and the EU drop the petrodollar and start using their own fucking currency like they should to buy to then middle east, then EVERYONE in the ME would start using Euros, or Yens. So would everyone in south America, and before you know it within a year everyone will start having so much uncertainties the economy would be paralized. This means all countries that aren't self-sufficient when it comes to food would start stockpiling guns, everything gone to shit.

That's why Merkel would never try to topple the petrodolar, and if she did, she would be immediately removed from power.
>>
>>91223146
I'm saying it's a rich concept, and they fell so disspointingly short of playing it straight.
read >>91223892
they could have created a realistic scenario of economic collapse that didn't look like so silly

>>91223146
But they presented the scenario with no wit whatsoever.
It's as if Rick pulled the "everyone hates each other" lever. Where'e the accomplishment if such a lever exists?

How to topple a civ:
>"activate all nukes onto itself!"
>"reprogram transportations system to destroy it's military power"
>"lol u dumb kids, it's much easier, why didn't you think of pressing this button that destroys the economy?"
They should have applied themselves more
>>
>>91223889

Because he's an ineffectual, stupid coward who can't function in normal society.

The only times he's shown to be happy and/or self-actualized are:
1. Surviving a biological apocalypse where he's one of three human beings left.
2. When he's a tiny cog in an authoritarian alien government.
3. In a low-grade wish-fulfillment simulation.
>>
>>91221011
Glad someone else agrees, they need to address this shit.
>>
>>91220539
>What are you talking about
>>
Anyone notice how there was a lot less stuttering than usual until that last part?
>>
>>91224297

I hadn't. But I guess it would be an appropriate leitmotif as Morty's life returns to "normal".
>>
>>91224382
Yeah that makes sense acrually
I feel like it keeps getting less and less each season
>>
>>91215608
No that's hedonism, nihilism is where you accept life's meaninglessness and just wallow in it, existentialism is where you accept life's meaninglessness and then forge your own meaning (which I suppose could cross over with hedonism if your meaning was based on pursuing pleasure).
>>
>>91224297
>>91224382
>>91224437
It's because the stuttering was an improv tool to help buy them more time to think about what to say. It's happening less now since they're actually writing scripts and stuff and only add the stutter just because it's become an iconic part of the voice acting.
>>
>>91224564

Oh, I guess that could be it too.
Thread posts: 555
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.