[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win it first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: blog_best-picture_1430x804.jpg (31KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
blog_best-picture_1430x804.jpg
31KB, 960x540px
DC or Marvel?
>>
>>91211415
What the fuck kind of question is this? I like DC more, the only Marvel hero that I like on the same level as Batman, Green Lantern and the Watchmen (they count) would be Spiderman. That being said, it's obviously Marvel. As a moviegoer I'm entertained, but I'm not entertained by DC films. As a comic fan, I can tell that marvel films are respectful to the source material. You sure as fuck don't see that in DC films. The only good one I can think of is Dark Knight, and that was a real one in a million occurrence. I mean, Batman Begins and Dark Knight rises were alright. I wouldn't buy them, but they were worth the watch. But that's pretty much is. Green Lantern was worse than BvS. Man of Steel offended me, and I'm not even a Superman fan. BvS needs no description.

Is this a bait thread? If it is, I bit it pretty hard.
>>
>>91211415
Neither of them will ever win best picture. Nor should they.
>>
>>91211609
This.

Let's be serious for once. Capeshit is not Best Picture Oscar material. And it will never be.
>>
>>91211637
What if it does
>>
>>91211609
>>91211637
Thank fuck I'm not as close minded as you guys
>>
>>91211415
The first one to stop focus the capes on action and explosions and make a movie about the psychological stress being a super hero can be and how it can destroy your family and relationships, also it need to have a good fight at the end.

Watchmen had a lot of potential for this.
>>
File: Joker ledger2.jpg (34KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Joker ledger2.jpg
34KB, 460x276px
>>91211742
You more or less described Logan, which won't be nominated.
They don't make Superhero films to win non-technical Oscars, they won't nominate one.

The field is too crowded with Oscar-bait movies, not even all of them get a nod.

Heat Legend won Best-Supporting as a posthumous apology for snubbing him for Gay Cowboy.
>>
>>91211415
Marvel, they have a large legacy
>>
>>91212767
Not as much as DC
>>
>>91211415
Fox
>>
>>91211789
Heat Legend won because he gave the most iconic film performance since Hannibal Lecter.

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while. Neither of them will ever have a Best Picture caliber movie. The closest you got was The Dark Knight being the movie that changed the number of nominees to more than 5 because people bitched that it got snubbed.
>>
>>91212867
This
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.