[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney monopoly on /co/ shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

>Beauty and the Beast
>Guardians 2
>Spider-man
>Thor 3
>Cars 3
>Coco
>Pirates 5
>Star Wars 8

Is there any stopping Disney at this point? They could have four, maybe five $1B+ movies in one year, and the others will do big numbers too.
>>
File: 7329_n.jpg (50KB, 356x254px) Image search: [Google]
7329_n.jpg
50KB, 356x254px
>>91191999
No and why would you WANT to stop them?
>>
>>91192095
Honestly? I love Disney, and I'd still like to see them experience a hard year or at least half year.

Our greatest monuments are not built on stacked laurels. They're built on the hard, cold, unforgiving foundations of our past mistakes and failures and the lessons we learned from them.
>>
>>91192095
>7 billion in 2016
Even without counting Rogue One, I could see 2017 gets to 8 billion.
>>
>>91192142
Disney has like, two flops a year. They're just so giant they can afford it. If Disney had more than that, so many other franchises and jobs would suffer that it's not even worth it hypothetically.
>>
>>91192095
>Alice 1 - over $1 billion
>Alice 2 - $299m

What the fuck happened?

I mean, I know it was 7 years later and there was hardly any marketing for it, but STILL.
>>
>>91192142
>>91192203
The entire reason they have such rock solid years is because they own pretty much ALL the major franchises:

>MCU
>Star Wars
>Pixar
>Live action Disney classics

They can take a risk on shit like The BFG because they know Episode VIII is going to make them ALL the money. Zootopia is the outlier there -- all the other huge movies were major franchises.
>>
>>91192244
And seeing as we know what Disney looks like when they do hit rock bottom (Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Direct to Video sequels) I would much rather they do hit after hit which allows them to take some chances on movies that end up being flops but I'm happy they exist. TomorrowLand, BFG and Pete's Dragon aren't bad movies, but for any other studio, that would have been dealbreakers and probably resulted in huge layoffs.
>>
>>91192206
Alice 1 was terrible but made money due to it being in 3D back when it was "new"
>>
>>91191999
Monopolies must be stopped.

The question is how, and why not enough people give a fuck over being fucked.
>>
>>91192868
how exactly are people getting fucked by this? It literally makes no difference to me who's making these movies.
>>
>>91192868
oh no those poor people having to suffer watching great movies every year
>>
>>91192958
Simple. Not enough diversity OF IDEAS in most/all Disney products. And if Disney controls 70% of content, high budget blandness will be most of what's available.
>>
>>91193086
If Disney didn't own Marvel and Star Wars, those movies would still be getting made. You're retarded.
>>
>>91193184
MAYBE............ they would be better.
>>
>>91193086
That's a self correcting problem, though.
If people get bored of ideas, they'll stop paying to watch them. Meanwhile, films that push boundaries still get made.

The existence of McDonald's and Starbucks doesn't prevent the existence of other establishments.
>>
>>91193382
Try competing with McDonalds or StarBucks.

There is a reason good things that are NOT Disney make way less money. Advertising budgets just aren't to snuff/
>>
>>91191999
Zack Snyder's Justice League will blow them away.
>>
File: xUySTHUHnt3o0Nk1t6.gif (639KB, 480x202px) Image search: [Google]
xUySTHUHnt3o0Nk1t6.gif
639KB, 480x202px
>>91193520
>>
>>91193250
As far as Marvel and Star Wars go, the same people would be making them.
>>
>>91193462
Many companies do, and succeed. Just like other studios still make films.

If you think Disney is going to destroy all creativity in filmmaking you really have no idea how markets work.
>>
>>91193575
Someone's mad. You know it's true. The MCU just can't compete with Zack and friends. Already making more money in less time.
>>
>>91194224
>comparing 2017 cape flicks to 2008 cape flicks
try harder, anon. Iron Man 3 made more than the 3rd Nolan bats.
>>
>>91191999
When all things are Disney, nothing will be.
>>
>>91193578
Same people with less constraints.
>>
>>91195162
>[citation needed]
Besides, other than Iron Man 1, the best Marvel movies have been after the Disney purchase.
>>
>Disney shill thread devolves into company wars
Never change, /tv/.
>>
>>91196272
>thread turns into company wars
aka every thread on /co/
>>
Yes, it's called ESPN. That network and the ratings has brought nothing but downfall since Disney bought the company.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.