[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the world react if someone had superpowers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

How would the world react if someone had superpowers?
>>
Capture, kill and dissect. Humans are cunts.
>>
It depends is it a Caucasian straight male? if so not well not well at all
>>
Probably the way the MCU did it.

There'd be talk and controversy for a bit but we'd all eventually adjust and treat that person as a celebrity.
>>
>>91191954
That's Option A.
Option B is exploit the person and make a celebrity out of them... and then do Option A later down the road.
>>
>>91191991
>believing this
>>
Celebrity if he's nice. A threat if he's not. Also depends on where he was born. America? Africa? Italy? Syria? His values and priorities would change depending on that.
>>
>>91192055
Read Blue Marvel's first solo. Pretty realistic portrayal of how the world would react to a black Superman.
>>
>>91192036
What if it's someone with the powers of Superman where he's bulletproof?

How the fuck would they handle the fact that they can't kill him?
>>
>>91192157
Some sort of gas to knock him out? They'll take years to R&D a means to bring a super powered human down.
>>
>>91192217
What if he doesn't have a weakness?
>>
>>91191731
>>91191954
>>91192036
>superman or the like power level
>made an immediate celebrity
>manipulate into being solider
>eventually harvest organs when dead
>street level with superpowers
>drag to area 51
>find a way to make soldiers with superpowers
>erase any hints of street level hero ever existing
>street level with no superpowers
>already exists, basically ignored by media
>>
File: True American Hero.jpg (125KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
True American Hero.jpg
125KB, 600x703px
>>91191731
>How would the world react if someone had superpowers?
You tell me
>>
>>91192234
Then we'll hit him with nukes until we're all fucking dead.
>>
>>91192350
What if he is benevolent and wants to help people?
>>
>>91192387
The history of our planet shows that people like that... usually are not taken kindly to by those in power.
>>
>>91192406
But if he gets the people on his side by helping them couldn't everyone overthrow the corrupt in power?
>>
>>91192256
y'all trump supporters got way too much hero worship going on. Fuck, look at the way old dude drew Trump in this. It's a little homoerotic
>>
>>91192462
Again, look at history. Great men have rallied the people only to be later silenced or extinguished. This super guy would have to use his powers offensively to stop the powers that be... but then that would make matters worse as it's an act of war. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
>>
>>91192532
But if he is indestructable he will win.
>>
>>91192631
Or horrible men will try and use nukes on him until we live on a world of ash and cinder.
>>
>>91192256
Does he have the power to get everything he proposes cancelled?
>>
>>91192664
How could they target nukes at him if he could fly so fast they couldn't keep up?

What if he can teleport?
>>
>>91192789
You don't get my point, we will use nukes, regardless of if they work. We will kill ourselves in the process.
>>
>>91192845
You're retarded.
>>
>>91192876
>You're not giving me the answers I want, so you're dumb.
>>
>>91192970
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>91191954
>>91192019
>>91191991
this has been done to death in comics, movies, cartoons and so forth, but writers wanted to write bombastic action filled stories.

most likely it woudnt be much, people are apathetic enough to not give a shit until the media will hype the superpowered guy/gal. after getting some publich exposure the said superpowered person would go back to anonimity quite quick.

it also depends on the power level and on how you would choose to use it, but i'd always imagine a superpowerd guy being stuck as 3rd or 4th page news after a while.
>>
>>91193006
That's fine by me. I just wanna say, this is not the outcome I want and I'd love for shining utopia via a superman like figure.
>>
>>91192845
Mate, your fedora is suffocating what little brain cells you had. I'm a cynic but even I can see you went from cynicism to pure retadation.
>>
>>91191731
See Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman for answers.
>>
>>91192845
>we'll use nukes to kill one guy regardless of whether or not he's hostile
>we will purposefully destroy our entire planet for literally no reason
Anon, you're a bit of a retard.
>>
>>91191731
They would probably force him or her to breed, to make more.

Then experiment on portions of the children in various ways, while forcing the rest to continue breeding.
>>
Unless we suddenly have supervillains as well, pretty much this>>91192019
>>
>>91192019
You are retarded.
>>
>>91193274
Don't waste your time, this is /co/ they will ignore stuff that already exist and try to form. Their own headcanons
>>
>>91191731

Different nations and groups try to get that person's favor. The government develops kill-switch methods to try and keep control, the public either loves them or hates them. Several groups will worship the new super as a messiah, with or without a secret identity.

>>91192019
This is the most realistic answer. I also liked the way the Incredibles did it; there would be tons of lawsuits and attempts to legally restrict the super hero by the law. That's why a secret identity is so important, though in modern times it's almost impossible to get away with that.

>>91191954

Not gonna happen, especially if they are powerful. The 'le government men in black boogymen' is a bunch of nonsense. Scientists would ask for permission and want to take MRI scans, blood tests, and so on, but not capture. Any attempt by the government or other groups to black-bag the super could easily backfire depending on their power level, and then everyone would know what they were trying to do. They wouldn't do it.
>>
Depends on the powers.
A Cap tier person is getting studied. Not vivsected because that's retarded but their asses will be monitored and probed to see why they are the way they are. People will probably think it's pretty cool.

Superman tier is going to cause serious panic and fear.

Magic heroes will warp our outlook on everything.

Telepathy heroes are like Caps with more paranoia.
>>
As always you guys are projecting anti-humanism in these type of debates the only reason someone like Superman can even exist is because we allow him to;

#1) The government would probably know weeks before he crash in Kansas that he would be crashing there I mean for Christ sake we have telescopes that can view distant galaxies and stars a spaceship wouldn't be hard to spot.

#2) It wouldn't take much for the US military to stop Superman realistically especially if he obeys the laws of physics, It isn't hard to recreated the effects of a Red star and I am guessing you are asking how we would know what powers him well we have camera's and equipment that can see almost all the different spectrum's of light/radiation so just one glace with it and we could tell that he is absorbing a specific type of radiation.

Look guys I get it it is fun to do what ifs but humanity is a lot more advanced and sophisticated than most comic book writers can grasp so If Superman did exist he would be at our mercy not the other way around.
>>
File: 1451866022587.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451866022587.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>91192019
>There'd be talk and controversy for a bit but we'd all eventually adjust and treat that person as a celebrity.

This is as far away from the true as possible, depending on the powers and where they came from, atleast that is what people would try to figure out. Psychic powers or anything else, super powers are considered as such instead of just being called talents because they do something that shouldn't be possible, possibly breaking the laws of physics or challanging our unterstanding about certain aspects of life, for the public this could mean a lot of things depending on how the media handles it and how the initial theories turn out to be. We wouldn't just say, "this guy can fly, no big deal" or "this guy can read minds, doesn't matter", it'd be a huge discovery that would have serious implications, for several scientific and non-scientific fields.

Of course if it was a one time occourence and the person in question dies or disappears, people will stop believing it ever happened.

In a extrem case such as superman, it would be a big game changer in the history of humanity.
>>
>>91191731
Fundamentalists we call him Satan
>>
>>91191731
He/she will become a celebrity
Religion will lose their minds and new cults will form
Cape lives matter and new laws to recognize if superhumans have the same human rights
China, Russia and the U.S will be very 'interested'
>>
>>91191731
We do what we did last time. Crucifixion
>>
>>91191731
Amazed and scared

Maybe I would be Jelly if I was younger like in my teens

I feel like Im more settled in my life right now and not really looking for an adventure
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.