[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steven Universe Theory- Other Species

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Right you miserable sods, I've got this thread open for one thing; we discuss the idea that there are other different kind of sentient species made out of other creatures. If polymorphic sentient rocks can exist, why not something like a more crystalline or other non-carbon-based life forms out there?

I have an idea that somewhere out in the vastness of space, that the reason the Gems-Army need to produce more Gems, efficiently and quickly, is because they're in the middle of a losing war with again a much bigger foe. Could it be Eldritch abominations? Some sort of strange disease only they are afflicted with that turns them into mush? A bunch of literal Metalheads? We discuss these theories here.
>>
>>91188529
Inb4 immediate hate.

Eldar.
>>
>>91188529
Common speculation has been a race of Metalloid creators of the Gems who might function as something like the Quintessions of Transformers lore.

My own thoughts on this is that White Diamond is AWOL and wants the Gem Army for a similar reason as you said, namely fighting off this outside force.

on a meta perspective, I suspect Sugar expressly is leaving these things open for potential future story-arcs if Steven Universe starts to run on longer than she would have expected.
>>
>>91188679
Ten bucks these Metallic creatures will be male dominated and not one ounce of them will be shown that doesn't serve to demonize them.
>>
>>91188734
also possible, if nothing else they'll probably be depicted as more robotic, cold, and unfeeling. Associated with industry (much like how Yellow Diamond seems to be shown as more antagonistic and is associated with much of the above)

>>91188529
alternative ideas: humans can't be the only race the Gems have stepped on the toes of before, and while their terraforming process ruins worlds, Gems also seem to, at least in the past, have been willing to take their sweet time with everything because they're immortal.

So no doubt there might be a whole rebel alliance of alien races who have been pushed off their worlds by the Gem Empire and are seeking revenge.

Actually might be a decent set up in of itself to a major arc.

>Yellow and Blue Diamond arrive on Earth to take humans for the Zoo
>Suddenly: Rebellion out of nowhere
>Earth becomes a battlefield between the Homeworld Gems and this Rebellion
>The Crystal Gems and Steven are, ironically for all their fears, seen as inconsequential.
>So is the entire earth
>Time to form a third faction!
>>
>>91188973
Necrons, Cybermen, Borg.
>>
>>91188973
That would be an amazing idea Anon. It'd certainly bring some more immediacy to the story, and hopefully reduce the filler they send in yalls faces.

It's nice once in a while, but I just want story man.
>A race of highly religious pencil people who believe that the longer you are the more important you are to society, and who believe sharpeners to be the doorways to a painful hell
>>
File: 1488034335827.jpg (64KB, 540x606px) Image search: [Google]
1488034335827.jpg
64KB, 540x606px
>>91188529

You see, the problem with that is everything you said is interesting, and we can't have interesting things in SU, this is a show about Steven, Steven's feelings and Steven's magical destiny of being Space Jesus

We don't have time for something interesting
>>
File: sneoples.jpg (122KB, 844x472px) Image search: [Google]
sneoples.jpg
122KB, 844x472px
Oh, I think you know.
>>
>>91189141
Is that why Adventure Time isn't called "Everyonehatesfinn"?
>>
>>91188529
>sods
>not clods
You had one job.
>>
>>91189216
I'm British.
>>
>>91189216
Shitty meme
>>
>>91189141
Did you not watch the episode that was leaked? The whole thing was just Steven finding out he has no purpose and he's crying. Again.
>>
>Sneople.
https://youtu.be/Syd7TTYe2BM
Dr Who did it beforehand.
>>
>>91189304
Nope. Thanks for spoiling.
I'm going to go find it now. Probably on Tumblr.
>>
>>91189380
Naw it's still on YouTube. The rumor is that CN was pressured into a new season so now they are leaking the episodes to kill it so they can move on to other shows. SU doesn't even make money for them anymore.
>>
>>91189474
Until they release their sales figures we won't know.
>>
Here comes a theory: this show is shit.
>>
>>91189543
That's canon
>>
>>91189543
That's a reality.
>>
>>91189543
I can believe it.
>>
>>91189543
They go through writers faster than they go through arcs
>>
>>91189543
There are more shit episodes than good ones.
So is canon.
>>
Well jeez, that was shit.
Did that video count as filler?
>>
>>91189161
Woah, where's that from?
>>
>>91189543
But didn't you like the last episode? I mean the highlight was clearly when Steven thought Lion was going to puke on the bed. Didn't you laugh?

>>91189694
SoL = filler at this point. They lost another writer so I'm assuming Sugar is writing this shit herself
>>
>>91189753
That explains so much.
Did the fans drive another writer away?
>>
>>91189773
Naw Sugar herself does. She takes a hands off approach to everything yet also mettles like fucking crazy
>>
>>91189773

They just got out to do another show
>>
>>91189811
That reminds me of something...
>Nice dubs
Maybe I'm not the target audience, I'm a mixed guy whose 21. This thing was meant for kids or very kiddish women.
>>
>>91189847
SU is aired 1-2 hours a week max. And it's on in the afternoon on a Sunday. It barely garners any revenue for CN, the target audience is literally people who don't watch CN
>>
>>91189882
Well maybe if they took a little bit of the slots away from TTG it'd get more viewers.
Seriously. Why.
>>
>>91189906
Because believe it or not TTG makes an assload of money for CN, like more than Spongebob does for Nick
>>
>>91189996
>The Spongebob of CN.
>>
>>91189752

2002 He-Man series
>>
>>91188529
Crystalsapiens.
Eh?
>>
What race would compete against mineral stealing aliens though?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.