[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Fate and Strange like each other?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: fatestrange.jpg (432KB, 2034x1430px) Image search: [Google]
fatestrange.jpg
432KB, 2034x1430px
Would Fate and Strange like each other?
>>
They'd probably have a kind of professional respect for each other, like two workers of the same field.
>>
>>91185704
Well, there are many different Fates, but they're mostly good guys, they'd all get along with Strange.

Even the overly 90s version is a good guy, he just has an edgy appearance.

A more fun question is, would Nabu (or the entity "Fate" depending on the writer) like Strange?
>>
>>91185901

I've never had a firm grasp on exactly where Nabu sits in the DC metaphysical power hierarchy.

I don't think such a hierarchy exists in DC for that matter. I've a pretty good idea where Marvel's big guns rank up against each other, it might fluctuate a bit but the basic outline is there. DC... no idea.

Still, it makes comparing Strange and Fate hard because Strange is a vastly powerful magician but still a mortal and subject to mortal limitations, while Nabu is at least a lower-order cosmic entity
>>
>>91186620
I think it depends on whether you are pre new 52 or after. I haven't looked much into new 52 cosmology, but in the major fate story in the 80s, right after the creation of the universe one set of cosmic beings was created, that eventually disagreed with each other and formed two factions, order and chaos. And nabu is one of the order guys.

Everything else, minor gods and so on, came afterwards.

So, originally, nabu and by extension full powered fate is a higher-order cosmic being.
>>
no one else to discuss fate?

Would /co/ be more into the thread if it was pure powerlevel comparison?
>>
Anybody reading Levitz' Fate series? Is it even coming out still?
>>
>>91188046
Could never get into it. For two reasons.

One, making for the millionth time the story of "here we have a new dr fate, who's not used to being fate so he must learn his powers" is b-o-ring. Let us have someone who is fate, knows how to be fate and does great at it.

Secondly, the art looks like shit. In two ways. It looks like shit and it looks like shit, for fate.

Fate should have over-the-top psychedelic art to match the narrative.
>>
>>91185726
That's kind of how I feel about Ollie and Clint hanging out. Maybe playing pool or darts in a seedy bar together than starting a brawl for absolutely no reason
>>
>>91185704
Strange is one of the few normal-keeping guys that still watches football and American Idol all the time, which surprises the other heroes. He should not be too hard to get along with since most of the Fates are normal guys who encountered the helmet.
>>
>>91185704
Strange is extremely easygoing usually, and really does give people the benefit of the doubt. Usually he only goes apeshit when dealing with the likes of Dormammu, Shuma Gorath, and Nightmare.
>>
File: avgrsjla-03-03.jpg (542KB, 1024x1557px) Image search: [Google]
avgrsjla-03-03.jpg
542KB, 1024x1557px
>>91188171
>>
>>91188046
I read the early issues and the one with old Fate. It was ok but very slow. Won me over enough that I probably should just get the trades though.
>>
File: 1478722680861.png (2KB, 163x209px) Image search: [Google]
1478722680861.png
2KB, 163x209px
Why is that whenever the hulk goes on one of his rage bender and starts tearing sit up they don't just have doctor strange or any other respectable magic user just levitate him 10 feet off the ground?

That's literally all it would take to disarm the hulk. Without sold ground he is powerless. Is strength I moot. And it's not like he has some special anti magic barrier. AND it's not like there aren't any hero's with the power to levitate objects.
>>
>>91189527
full powered fate can probably defeat 95% of stuff that goes wrong in dc verse.

He does not.

Because it'd be boring.
>>
Yes, but can Strange make Darkseid feel love? Because Fate can!
>>
>>91189527

Its been done. Worldbreaker Hulk. He was tk-levitated off the ground, he pulled his Hand Clap stunt where the sonic boom stunned everyone within a mile radius.

TKers should both levitate the Hulk and pull the air away from him. Prevents his concussive attacks and should (eventually) make him pass out.
>>
bump for fate
>>
>>91192844
shameless bump

Why do fate threads die like bitches on /co/?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.