[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>steals ideas from danny boyle and his own comic's co-creator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: robert_kirkman_a_l.jpg (181KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
robert_kirkman_a_l.jpg
181KB, 1296x730px
>steals ideas from danny boyle and his own comic's co-creator
>takes credit for everything in the comics, including things he didn't do
>comic falls into obscurity, blames it on people being too dumb to enjoy it
>amc gets rights to a show
>hugely successful
>kirkman rakes in money and takes all the credit for amc making more than 2,000 people know about his shit comic
>for reference over 7 years he sold roughly 100-200,000 issues of his comics, generous estimate, episode 1 of the show makes more money than his entire comic series up to that point
>claims himself as the greatest horror author of all time and the successor to george romero
>even though his comics received increasingly horrible reviews to this day
>telltale game comes, huge success
>kirkman takes full credit
>decides to finally get off his ass and try to make something of his own
>fear the walking dead
>huge failure, obscure, makes barely any money, no one likes it
>blames it on viewers being too dumb to appreciate it
>tries to make more books and comics
>they all are absolute critical and commercial failures
>blames it on his 'genius' creating the walking dead which 'outpopularizes' them

Is Kirkman the biggest hackfraud of comic book history?
>>
>>91181013
other than Todd McFarlane, yeah, maybe.
>>
>>91181013
I always felt he was sort of fortunate for his success off derivative concepts, but I don't think I've fully absorbed how much critical luck Kirkman had with TWD getting a show until now. Thanks I guess.
>>
>>91181040

Does anyone have that video at a con Q&A panel, where Todd McFarlane is being called a sell out, who only makes toys and it was by Robert kirkman?
>>
>>91181657
The soapbox comes with the Image Partnership.
>>
>>91181278
It isn't true, his post is half-informed bullshit. Walking Dead got a show because it was already one of the best selling creator owned comics even before the show and was on a continual rise in popularity. It never fell into obscurity. Invincible was also a big seller for a creator owned book. The show obviously gave him a huge boost but it didn't save him from shit.
>>
>>91181751
His comics have only risen in popularity three times: once in 2005, once after AMC's show came out, and once after the Telltale game was made. After each time it fell back in popularity significantly. After the third time, Telltale's game, it's been declining significantly ever since, and it's worth noting too that since 2006 or so the comics' reception, rating, and critical reviews have plummeted. Not only are his works not popular sellers, no one likes them that does buy them.
>>
>>91182465
>After each time it fell back in popularity significantly.

Point to me where Walking Dead sales fell below 2005 levels
>>
>>91182465
I read the whole run of Invincible recently and really enjoyed it. It was derivative but in a fun way, enough to feel fresh. Glad I found it in time to catch the end of the series with /co/ in a year or so.

Would be nice if they could get an action cartoon or movie with that cast.
>>
If it makes you feel any better, I don't know who the fuck this is
>>
>>91182731
Meant for >>91181751
>>
>>91182744

Narcissistic co-creator of The Walking Dead and general douchebag.
>>
>>91181013
When does he refer to himself as the greatest horror author of all time or even as a great one? Where does he take all the credit for the show and game? Where doe she blame others for a book's failure? Can i get an example I actually want to see becasue I want to hate him with that dumb face of his but these are very vague statements.
>>
Invincible has convinced me that Kirkman IS a hack. He's written himself into a corner several times, and each escape route he's devised has been more trite and dull than the last.
>>
>>91182792
Any of his multiple interviews. I believe his Romero comments came around the time Telltale's Michonne game came out, during he which he was simultaneously spreading his hair cheeks for feminism while applauding himself for how well he writes his stories, and how his vision is what Romero truly intended zombie fiction to be.
>>
>>91182819
>Any of his multiple interviews.

Where?
>>
>>91182819
You're probably exaggerating but I'm sure it's not far off form the truth and I don't feel like looking it up so I'll just congeal that opinion into my mass.
>>
>>91182565

I just had a look at the numbers.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-01.html

In January it was the 5th-from-top-selling comic book out there. February it shipped with a 25 cent cost so I didn't feel like that was a worthwhile measuring stick and March isn't out there yet. But I mean, it's beating all but four other series, and that's just single issues. Obviously its trade paperback sales are solid too. I buy it in trade paperback format myself (as well as Invincible).

I'm not sure by what meaningful yardstick one could call that a failure.
>>
>>91183315
Thanks. I don't really care much for Walking Dead but I was aware that it was selling 18000 or less in 2005 and then a cursory glance at post-2005 sales (before the show debuted) on Comichron shows it was in the 20000s so it didn't drop the way OP claimed. Kirkman's done some things that I think deserve criticism but people like OP need to stop making up shit in their blind nerd rage. It just confuses things more.
>>
>>91182797
More like the man has an unreasonable fetish for timeskips. Just wish he would do it normally for once 'three years later' instead of "Haha, fuck you Mark."
>>
>>91181013
After the last few years of Invincible (aka DBZ with more cuckolding), there's no doubt he's a hack of the hights order, That said, I'd still read his Spider-Man book he didn't get to write while he was at marvel.
>>
>>91183315
>>91183367
I apologize. I must've had the info wrong.

I agree that blind nerd rage helps nothing and only makes it more confusing. There's plenty of reasons to criticize Kirkman, but misinterpreted sales figures aren't one of them.

He may be a massive fraud, but he is a somewhat successful massive fraud.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.