[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ready for a Batman Cinematic Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Can't tell you who my source is, but these are 100% true, unless something changes.

>WB is banking hard on Batman and spinoffs to turn public opinion around on the DCEU
>They're confident that Affleck is in for the long haul
>no plans to make Nightwing into Batman
>Red Hood plans have been tabled for now, with the director change, but not completely out of the picture
>Son of Batman is also a possibility, but WB believes that directors will be put off by how it setup is required to make him work
>there hasn't been much interest in using the Al Ghuls again

>The Batman has gone through major rewrites
>originally, it was about Deathstroke breaking out patients from Arkham, with cameos from familiar Batman villains (Two-Face, Scarecrow, Riddler, etc)
>Reeves is interested in a script that takes elements from RIP and Court of Owls
>Bruce Wayne is taking a more active role to improve Gotham, but the Court of Owls doesn't like it
>Joker gets involved, creating a three-way war
>Deathstroke would have a reduced role, employed by the Court, he'll have a fight scene and then leave
>minor subplot would see Bruce reaching out to the Batfamily, making amends with Dick (who is already Nightwing) and Barbara (who has retired)
>>
>>91173992
>Gotham City Sirens will be a heist movie with Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy at the front
>Ivy masterminds a plot to steal something valuable from Black Mask, hires Catwoman, and breaks Harley away from Joker
>expect lots of appearances from female Gotham characters: Renee Montoya (as a cop), Roxy Rocket, the Carpenter, etc
>Black Canary will be investigating the trio

>Nightwing will be an action/comedy, the lightest in tone of the Batman films
>Chris McKay was interested in doing another DC movie, and WB suggested a few ideas including Nightwing, which McKay jumped at
>plot will be about Dick Grayson breaking into ARGUS building to steal something, which turns out to be Starfire
>expect Deathstroke to play an antagonist role
>Barbara will show up to provide intel and tech support
>WB will be tracking this closely to see if a Titans movie is viable, if so, expect Cyborg (which has had almost zero progress) to be reconfigured into a Titans movie

>Whedon is a big fan of Batgirl comics, including Year One, BQM, and New 52
>Whedon is adamant about distancing the film away from Killing Joke
>film will start with Barbara having retired as Batgirl but currently working as Oracle
>she comes out of retirement to investigate a serial killer
>villain will be James Gordon, Jr, who just got released from Arkham
>expect to see supporting characters out of the New 52 run, as well as other characters from the Batman Cinematic Universe (such as Poison Ivy and Nightwing)
>Stephanie Brown will be in it too, as a bubbly teenager who discovers Babs' secret; don't expect her to stick around very long, though

>other ideas being thrown around for consideration: Gotham Knights (with an all-diverse cast, Batwoman, Cass Cain, Batwing, etc), Batman Beyond, The Question (with Huntress),
>>
>>91173992
>>91173998
I don't understand the point of this. No one gets joy out of these posts and they spread information.
>>
File: Sad Batman.gif (924KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Batman.gif
924KB, 320x240px
>TFW you don't really care about the DCEU and want them to fix the DCAMU instead
>>
I'm rolling my eyes at this shit so hard.

I'm fully expecting the DCEU to just become the Batman Extended Universe.
>>
I just want a Redhood movie by the John Wick directors, is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>91173998
>expect Cyborg (which has had almost zero progress) to be reconfigured into a Titans movie

Checks out. Has to be legit
>>
>>91173998
Whedon fuck your feminist shit RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>91173998
>Stephanie Brown will be in it too, as a bubbly teenager who discovers Babs' secret; don't expect her to stick around very long, though
Fuck you Whedon. He's gonna kill her
>>
>>91173998
>Batman Beyond
Could be interesting
>The Question (with Huntress)
Muh dick
>>91174311
Checked
>>
>>91173992
Why are they so obsessed with Deathstroke fighting Batman? Why? He's not a good Batman villain. Batman doesn't need him. Just go shove him somewhere else.
>>
How far up his own ass will Joss Whedon be whilst directing Batgirl?
>>
>>91174522
>He's not a good Batman villain.
Yeah!
There are bigger guys out there.
>>
>>91174522
He's one of the few DC villains who could fight on par with Batman without some kind of plot contrivance?
>>
>>91174522
It looks to me like he's out of the Batman movie now that Reeves is on board and Nightwing was greenlit to give Deathstroke a place since he's already been cast. You might have your wish.
>>
File: 1337879994438.jpg (60KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
1337879994438.jpg
60KB, 600x611px
>>91173992
>>91173998
>Everyone read my unsourced claim!
bibbity bobbity boo here's your (you)
>>
>>91174591
Just give him a solo movie or some shit. Don't shove him in Batman. Did Geoff Johbs play Arkhangelsk Origins and love it or something?
>>91174638
He has no good stories or interactions with Batman. He has no emotion chemistry with Batman. No History with Batman. He is not a Batman rogue at all. It's just shoving a character in a movie to tease a spin-off. Even Beware the Batman tried to make him one and it was shit.
Because he is not a Batman villain!!!
>>
>>91173998

>Batman Beyond

I want to call bullshit but it's Batman related so it might actually happen
>>
>>91174674
God I hope so.
>>
>finally get to see the DC Universe in the movies
>it will be focused on batman

At least Beyond could be good
>>
>>91173998
>The Question (with Huntress)
A HBO show would be sick too, but lmao if its gonna be set in gotham city not hub city.
>>
>>91173992
>news just broke out
>heres some news like everything is ready to start filming
>no tim, damian or jason coming back

Make up some better shit
>>
>>91174780
Its pretty much what anon said, hes the best physical match for Bruce without treading into metahuman territory, thats it. I would rather see a turf war between Black Mask and Penguin. Anyway this isnt surprising, WB is doing what it always does and falling back on the Bat
>>
File: IMG_8707.jpg (79KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8707.jpg
79KB, 640x370px
>>91174717
the Deathstroke as the Batman villain is in a lot of rumors since he showed up on Zack Snyder's twitter. He apparently suppose to have a cameo in JL.
>>
>>91173998
>>Whedon is a big fan of Batgirl comics, including Year One, BQM, and New 52
>>Whedon is adamant about distancing the film away from Killing Joke
>>film will start with Barbara having retired as Batgirl but currently working as Oracle
>>she comes out of retirement to investigate a serial killer
>>villain will be James Gordon, Jr, who just got released from Arkham
>>expect to see supporting characters out of the New 52 run, as well as other characters from the Batman Cinematic Universe (such as Poison Ivy and Nightwing)
>>Stephanie Brown will be in it too, as a bubbly teenager who discovers Babs' secret; don't expect her to stick around very long, though

>MAXIMUM FAGGOTRY

Should have known Whedon would be one of those fags who are triggered by killing joke
>>
>>91173998
Honestly, I'd be hyped to see James Gordon Jr. in a movie.
Though I kind of wish he was Dick Grayson's archenemy instead of Babs.
>>
>Court of Owls
>Hiring Deathstroke
Wow, thats really disappointing. Im mean its not like they have an army of undead assassins
>>
>>91174908
>Non-realistic zombies in my gritty batman movie NOT-MUH
>>
>>91174866
>triggered by the Killing Joke
Even if that's true, which it probably is, what's that got to do with anything?
>>
>>91174866
Its barely a story or enough in it to do anything beyond mentioning he hurt Babs.
>>
>>91174908
They have to shill Deathstroke so they can have a spin-off movie with him. They want a Batman/Deathstroke movie no matter what.

Even if it makes no sense at all, ruins the characters, and could damage the story.

Because goddamnit, WB will still Deathstroke no matter what!!!! (Plus they already got an actor and he's paid for).
>>
>>91173992

FAKE NEWS, this is complete bullshit.
>>
>>91174084
im rolling my eyes at you for believing this shit you dumb faggot
>>
>>91174522
fuck you, i like Deathstroke, he can go toe to toe with Batman
>>
>>91173992
This is the exact opposite of what they should be doing though. Batman in the long run is cancer
>>
>>91175079
why the hate towards Deathstroke?
>>
>>91174780
>Did Geoff Johbs play Arkhangelsk Origins and love it or something?
Nah, if anything he's probably responsible for him being in the game. Just like he's responsible for him being in Mortal Kombat vs DC. Johns has consistently pushed Deathstroke across multiple media, I wasn't surprised at all that Johns pushed for him to be in the solo Batman movie, but I hated the idea for all the reasons you noted.

The only times I've cared about Slade was when he was presented as Dick Grayson's archenemy, cuz I like the idea of grown-up Robin's archenemy being the weaponized idea of "Batman as bad father". Fortunately, the Nightwing movie description makes it seem like he has more of a role there and less in The Batman, which I can buy since supposedly all of Johns' script got tossed out.
>>
>>91175245
He is not a Batman villain. He has nothing to do with Batman. It wouldn't be interesting.
Just give Deathstroke his own movie and have Batman fight someone else.
>>91175207
And? So what if he can go toe-to-toe. Plenty of characters can. There is more to capes than just fighting. You need a good reason and story.
>>
File: DebaCle.png (116KB, 605x542px) Image search: [Google]
DebaCle.png
116KB, 605x542px
>>
>>91175592
literally who
>>
>>91173992
>>91173998
With how much WB seems to shift in plans, there's no way for OP to be proven wrong.
>>
>No director for The Flash
>Aquaman pushed back to Dec. 2018
>Not much talk about non-Batman movies by WB

Regardless of OP's details, it's clear WB wants to see how Justice League fares before greenlighting any more unrecognizable DC superhero movies. The Batman brand is stronger than anything from DC.
>>
>>91175178
You do know that batman and all batman related properties are the biggest draws that DC has right? Why do you think Suicide Squad was marketed as a Joker and Harley movie? Aside from wonder woman, and that's mostly because of the feminist movement or whatever you want to call it, there is almost zero hype for anything else in the Directors Cut Extended dedicated Universe.
>>
>>91174860
To be fair on that last point, both Damian and Jason require a lot of messy backstory. And Tim, XD no one likes Tim anyway.

In seriousness, I can see WB not wanting to show a kid fighting crime.
>>
>>91175539
Deathstroke is popular. Batman is super popular. That's all there is to it
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.