[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to watch this, what to expect.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 55

File: images.jpg (79KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
79KB, 720x1080px
Just rented it. I've been anticipating\ dreading this for a while.
>>
Which version ?
>>
RETURN IT NOW, and watch the Ultimate Cut which is not on DVD.
Here.
http://123moviesfree.com/watch/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-2016-online-free-123movies.html
>>
>>91165150
Good luck! It's a great film.
>>
>>91165150
Extended cut is very good, theatrical is meh
>>
It better be the ultimate/extended/directors, don't bother w/ the theatrical.

Anyway, it's one of the best cape films. Leave 4chan and focus on the film while viewing pls.
>>
>>91165177
It's actually more interesting to watch the theatrical first and then the ultimate to see the changes.
>>
Starting it now. Is it weird that I could tell from the WB logo that it'd open with a funeral?
Also, is that the Comedian playing Bruce's dad?
>>
>>91165150
>about to watch
PLS DON'T, just slap your ballsack around for 3 hours or so.

it will be more enjoyable.
>>
>>91165177
Too late I'm afraid... It'll have to be just the 2 1/2 hour cut for me.
>>
>>91165225
Yes he is.

slooow-moooo
>>
>>91165225
>liveblogging

Great idea. Browsing and posting is the best way to watch a film. Just look up when there's explosions or it gets loud or something. Then shitpost about how bad it was and how you didnt get it for months to come.
>>
>>91165225
Don't post on 4chan until it's done. Write down your thoughts while watching instead.
>>
Ok THAT was weird lol
Is the whole movie like this?
>>
Why are the people in Bruce's building so calm?
This is kinda reminding me of war of war of the worlds...
>>
>>91165271
paying attention to bvs is an insult to cinema in general anyway.
>>
>>91165296
>>91165307
Wait until you get to the jolly rancher and piss scene.
>>
>>91165307
they all moved from gotham, they are "damaged"
>>
>>91165325
>didn't pay attention to BvS
>why is this movie so confusing???
I hate retards.
>>
>>91165150
hope you've got a good neck pillow.
>>
>>91165409
>>91165283
I'm not gonna post too much. Every so often.
Already noticing that this cut is really lacking in transition shots. Amy and Henry Cavill are cute tho.
>>
>>91165471
Also
>BAT BRAND OF JUSTICE
>>
>>91165471
Best transition shot in the theatrical was the bats.
>>
This lex performance...
I don't know...
>>
Whatever you do OP, don't watch Suicide Squad. Trust me.

BvS is pretty bad, but Suicide Squad made me want to gouge my eyes out while I was watching it.
>>
Bruce and Alfred are great though.
Lex fucking bombed that acceptance speech.
>>
>>91165150
>About to watch this, what to expect.

WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU JUST WATCH IT, THEN?

Are the people who make threads like these trolling? Why would one decide to watch a movie, stop, go on to the Internet, and then ask what's going to happen when they could just watch the movie they decided to watch and then come to their own conclusion?

So fucking stupid.
>>
>>91165908
At first I thought it was weird but then it made sense after I thought about it. If you still don't get it at the end of the film I can help you out.
>>
>>91165150

A finer appreciation of the taste of ass
>>
>>91165993
Never asked it to a friend?
>>
>>91166185
>/co/
>having friends
funny
>>
>>91166185
>Never asked it to a friend?

No, I honestly never did. Why would I?

>what I would ask:
"Is this movie worth watching?"
>what I wouldn't ask:
"I decided to watch this movie, so please tell me everything about it anyway, even though I already decided I was going to see it anyway."

Let me guess, you're the kind of guy who asks what's going to happen in a movie instead of just waiting and seeing what happens?
>>
>>91166271
Nigga, 90% of the time when people say "About to watch this, what to expect." all the members of the conversation are smart enough to know that he meant: "So, what you thought about this movie?"

Nobody is asking for you to writte everything that happened.
>>
>>91166251
OP here. Was gonna watch BvS with a friend actually but both aren't gonna be here this weekend. So I figured I'd watch it with /co/.
>>
>>91166631
Do it pal

It fucking sucks balls

Not as bad as Suicide Squad though
>>
I really didn't like it when I first saw it, kinda warmed up to it a bit now. It's bad but at least it's bad in an interesting way. The kind of bad where you can tell that they really tried to make something special bit fell short of it. I prefer ambitious failure to bland mediocrity.

Don't bother with Suicide Squad, though.
>>
OP, just finished.
Uhhh, I didn't hate it? It didn't rile me up like MoS did, and there was certainly stuff in it that was good, but there's no cohesiveness to any of it.
Like, if I walked in on this movie and watched a scene of it I might've thought I was watching something good. But none of it comes together at all? Am I making sense?
>>
>>91168309
Yeah and you're wrong. See it again until it makes sense to you.
>>
>>91168309

Kinda. But you should stop using question marks like that because it's incredibly obnoxious.

Anyway, yes, it has quite a few individual scenes that are pretty good. There's a lot about it that I really respect but it falls just short of being actually good.
>>
>>91168468
Sorry, just processing the whole thing. Might have to watch it again, probably the extended cut.
Just figuring out what the hell Lex's angle in the whole thing was is perplexing. He just came off like a lunatic.
>>
>>91168575

He was. And it was one of the many misguided ideas in the movie to play him for comic relief. Basically, he has a problem with authority because he was abused by his dad. Which made him assume that power is inhereny abusive and that someone who posesses superhuman abilities is inherently dangerous and needs to be destroyed at all costs.
>>
>>91168664
Yeah I got that from the rooftop speech. Which isn't a... horrible motivation for a villian except I don't really know why that translates into making him fight Batman, or why he made Doomsday, or why he just let himself get arrested. Unless of course he's just crazy. So I guess he's just crazy.
>>
>>91167901
Think I'm gonna have to watch Suicide Squad out of morbid curiosity. With booze. A lot of booze.
>>
>>91168837
>I don't really know why that translates into making him fight Batman,
If Batman kills Superman, that's good.
If Superman kills Batman, that's good.

>or why he made Doomsday
Insurance policy/to create something powerful from his blood

>or why he just let himself get arrested.
It's explained in the extended edition. It's to launch a better legal defense.
>>
>>91165811
Yup this. BvS wasn't good, but my normie roommates still fucking hated suicide squad. Its barely even a movie
>>
>>91168899
Well there you go.
I still think the BvS aspect is pretty weak, but I hear that's elaborated on in the extended cut.

Another thing I just found kinda funny, Perry White's weird obsession with forcing Clark to write about sports, and the Daily Planet headlines that sounded like they came out of the 30s cartoon.
>Bat Brand of Justice!
>>
>>91168309
The fact is that the movie is like a bunch of trailers put together.

And it doesnt make you care about the main characters, while you have entire scenes of side characters giving monologues.
>>
>>91168575
>Just figuring out what the hell Lex's angle in the whole thing was is perplexing. He just came off like a lunatic.

For example, he had no need to create Doomsday, after spending 2 years for his master plan....and not even checking it it worked before making a monster that is uncontrolable......

Or any reason to bring Supes mother all the way from Kansas, to right next to him to "blackmail" him. This was obviously only done so that Batman could save her.

Or why the faggot used Lexcorp trademarked bullets and bombs. He is just "random".
>>
>>91169115
>Or why the faggot used Lexcorp trademarked bullets and bombs.

Cause it put the CIA in a bind where they decided to not investigate anything.
>>
BvS is an absolute masterpiece. You just need to love cinema in order to see it.
>>
>>91168309
It makes perfect sense. Now watch it again. Ultimate Cut this time.

And this time, pay attention to the scenes at the fireplaces.
>>
>>91166479
>Nigga, 90% of the time when people say "About to watch this, what to expect." all the members of the conversation are smart enough to know that he meant: "So, what you thought about this movie?"

So why don't they just ask that instead of asking what to expect? That doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>91165261
no, see the ultimate cut, its much better.
>>
>>91165332
>not liking the piss scene

fuck off you pleb, having Lex transform someones words into mockery is classic Lex Luthor. The senator is doing something she believes to be for the greater good and against Luthor (peach tea) but it was actually part of Luthor's plan all along (piss). By using the last thing she said to him as a way of showing her his power is just so fantastically evil.
>>
>>91166922
>>91166631
its a great movie
>>
>>91167901
Its really not bad though
>>
File: BvSFire.jpg (110KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
BvSFire.jpg
110KB, 653x900px
>>91168309
There is actually a lot of cohesion if you pay attention
>>
File: BruceImageryBvS.jpg (615KB, 1600x665px) Image search: [Google]
BruceImageryBvS.jpg
615KB, 1600x665px
>>91168309
more cohesion
>>
File: BvSFearHope.jpg (323KB, 1532x366px) Image search: [Google]
BvSFearHope.jpg
323KB, 1532x366px
>>
File: BvSFireFlowers.png (486KB, 644x922px) Image search: [Google]
BvSFireFlowers.png
486KB, 644x922px
>>
>>91169451

I can't really call it good. Certain parts of it, maybe, but not as a whole.
>>
I've only seen the ultimate cut and had some minor issues but thought it was pretty good overall. This thread is kind of making want to go back and watch it again to see what I've forgotten about it.
>>
File: BvSHorses.png (3MB, 1902x1903px) Image search: [Google]
BvSHorses.png
3MB, 1902x1903px
>>
File: BvSOz.png (2MB, 938x1548px) Image search: [Google]
BvSOz.png
2MB, 938x1548px
>>91169502
nah its really good, but I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine
>>
File: BvSStarsReason.png (812KB, 1324x549px) Image search: [Google]
BvSStarsReason.png
812KB, 1324x549px
>>
>>91165177
>http://123moviesfree.com/watch/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-2016-online-free-123movies.html

thanks, never seen the ultimate cut

whats this website? never heard of it
>>
File: BvSVisualForeshadowing.jpg (2MB, 4000x2604px) Image search: [Google]
BvSVisualForeshadowing.jpg
2MB, 4000x2604px
>>
>>91169534

Sure. At least it's a movie where I can see why some would get more out of it than I did.

There are a bunch of movies about which I feel the same way.
>>
>>91169499
>>91169534
>>91169517
I know this movie is overladen with symbolism but I think you're grasping here, anon.
>>
File: BvSZodDoomsday.jpg (86KB, 718x959px) Image search: [Google]
BvSZodDoomsday.jpg
86KB, 718x959px
>>
>>91169584
how are those grasping?

Luthor has a whole speech about the horses in reference to American heroes.

Snyder very obviously re-uses the same shots for the spear and the flowers to draw a parallel to how Batman holds the guilt of his mother's death into the battle with Superman.

And the fireplaces both represent Luthor and Batman's dads, they even both talk about their dads infront of said fireplaces.

Please, what part is reaching?
>>
>>91169584
and the Wizard of Oz thing isnt reaching at all, its like lifting imagery and phrases only associated with that movie.
>>
UGH joe chill breaking the necklace with the hammer of his pistol is the dumbest shit
>>
>>91169584
>I didnt see it, so its grasping
>>
>>91165150
Theatrical cut is good
Extended is better
But neither are great
>>
File: 1480643968331.jpg (613KB, 1193x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480643968331.jpg
613KB, 1193x1500px
This movie is so fucking bad, that it is not even funny.

I doubt that I will ever have a bigger deception with a movie. So many stupid plot holes...and characters acting in a retarded and irrational way without any reason...
>>
It sucks but, and maybe it's because I knew specifically the dumb parts before I watched it, I didn't think it was as bad as people were making it seem. Just kind of generally messy and unimpressive.
>>
>>91168309
>>91169064
People at the top of this thread did say not to watch the theatrical release. The theatrical cut is chopped to hell. Aside from the added material the extended cut has much better transitions and flows from scene to scene much more smoothly.

>>91168837
Lex generally was afraid of meta-humans taking over. It wasn't just about Superman, he also had the data on Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman. Superman was just the biggest and most public target. So he went about trying to discredit Superman by causing death and destruction everywhere Superman tried to help people. Luthor's biggest fear was the heroes organizing because he believes they'd take over the world or destroy it. So he pit them against each other, manipulating both Batman and Superman to view the other as a dangerous threat.

Doomsday would have been Luthor's anti-meta weapon to use on the others after he's done with Superman. He did believe he could control it because he's Lex Luthor. There's been dozens of stories in the comics where Luthor tries to make a Superman clone he could control, only to have it go wrong. The movie just swapped out Bizzarro for Doomsday.
>>
File: DarkKnightBvS.jpg (249KB, 600x2625px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightBvS.jpg
249KB, 600x2625px
>>91169643
>>
>>91169701
>plot holes

nope

>characters acting for no reason

nope
>>
>>91169763
Comics are stupid! It should be more like the MCU which makes fun of comic book NERDS like you!
>>
>>91169701
You know, this pic is actually pretty spot on.

Classic Snyder defense force would somehow say that putting a Metropolis poster would make the movie "oh so deep and smart" and better than it actually is, just because of symbology and a fucking reference.
>>
>>91169191
Or just watch the movie. You don't need to understand every reference to know that it's great.
>>
>>91169787
>Talking tree and Raccoom on one side
>"WW costume is red because of the blood of her enemies" on the other.
>>
>>91169773
>>plot holes
>nope

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?
>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?
>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?
>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?
>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?
>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?
>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?
>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.
>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?
>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?
>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!”.
>>
the first act woulda been a million times cooler if bruce'd showed up at metropolis in full gear and with the batmobile

then maybe he wouldve been able to help more than two people

yeah i guess it wouldve reduced the significance of him feeling too human at the sight of our new alien overlords duking it out but who cares
>>
>>91169763
One of my biggest beefs will always be that they decided to go with Frank Miller.
>>
>>91169879

>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?
>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?
>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.
>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?
>>So why didnt they just kill MARTHA the moment batman arrived?
>>Why didn't Superman use his super speed to zip by and save his mom as soon as he learned she was in danger? If Batman could saver her, why not him, that is quickier and more powerful?
>>Why did Lex's goons kidnap a woman in Kansas and take her all the way to the east coast right next to where Superman is forced to fight?
>>Why this movie sells less than Deadpool?

Now for more shit:

>Batman casually kills people
>Superman edgy and silent, not hopeful or inspirational
>Doomsday, retarded origin, uninteresting character, doesn't speak, no motivation, just mindless killing machine, shitty CGI
>Way too much time spent watching fake looking final CGI fight
>Distracting Justice League cameos in an already bogged down movie
>CIA agent Jimmy Olsen, quickly executed
>Literally no jokes, humor or light moments, due to DC's 100% brooding angst policy
>>
>>91169763
completely different

the comic looks like he broke the necklace in a heated struggle while the film took a long time to show how he was making a point of breaking the necklace with his pistol just to be sinister
>>
>>91169459
>>91169476
>>91169488
>>91169499
>>91169517
>>91169553
>>91169534
>>91169576
>>91169599

>examples of visual symmetry

>not cohesion, ie how scenes flow into one another in order to tell a story, has more to do with pacing rather than visuals

> symmetry=how a film looks
> cohesion= how a film feels
>>
>>91169926
>>91169879
>using this same copy pasta again despite it being constantly debunked

https://desuarchive.org/_/search/text/%3E%3EBruce%20should%20have%20investigated%20Supes%20/

How much is Marvel paying you? This is just sad.
>>
>>91169763
>>91169599
>>91169576
>>91169517
>>91169499

What I take from all of these is that Snyder is excellent and far better at most in the art of visual and symmetrical storytelling (similar to David Fincher and Stanley Kubrick), but he couldn't sow together a flowing narrative if Francis Ford Coppola handed him the needles and Akira Kurosawa was feeding him the yarn.
>>
>>91169937
what the fuck are you talking about? Way to just make up definitions out of no where like an autist.

cohesion
[koh-hee-zhuh n]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
the act or state of cohering, uniting, or sticking together.
By having visual/thematic/character parallels it makes parts that seemed to be separate or detached as parts of a greater narrative and unites them.

Good job looking autistic though.
>>
>>91169893
iirc he was there on business or something? But honestly, two literal gods are destroying everything around you and some giant alien machine flattening what's left. Your car and grapple gun probably aren't going to help much. If anything, he would have felt more helpless because with all he's worked for his entire life, it would still amount to nothing.
>>
>>91169986
what do you mean the narrative flows together fine. And those images do show narrative flow by having a repetition of scenes and ideas but now shown in a different line to illuminate character growth or any other number of things.
>>
>>91169933
Dont forget, that Zack bazed Batman characterization of him missing the point of the comic and thinking that Batman kills people there...went it is a major plot point and immense part of the theme that he doesnt.

>>91169937
Snydercucks know nothing about how a story is made dude. They think that a scene looking pretty is all that is needed for a movie to be good, it is like Prequel defense tier.

>2019
>>WB FINALLY reboots the Batman and the DC movies
>Even give it the name everyone's been calling it "The DCCU"
>Movie finally comes out
>It has genuine fight choreography, Batman performs actual detective deduction
>WELL ACTED
>COHERENTLY PLOTTED
>FOCUSED ON THE HERO
>They actually develop Batman's character beyond "fake playboy who's PARENTS ARE DEEEAAD!"
>Makes over a billion dollars
>Snyderfans on suicide watch, fitfully insist Batfleck was genius kino. Everyone else happy.
>WB blacklists Goyer, throws Snyder and his wife out of the building
>One day we get to tell our sibling's grandchildren that the greatest superhero movie ever made A) wasn't made by Disney, B) wasn't a Marvel character, and C) was about a guy who became THE BAT and fought crime in Gotham.

1. Take hero
2. show us what makes that hero tick, what sets him apart
3. make the audience care about him
4. Have him beat evil while grooving on how great it is to be an awesome hero
5. Profit

It even works for low budget R-rated films. I should go advise WB.

>>91169976
When was it debunked? Every time that someone tries, they stumble and fail when you analyze their answers to these problems. Its on the link that you posted.
>>
>>91169893
>>91170018
he had been retired from being Batman for awhile, since Robin died. He only starts again because of Superman.
>>
>>91170061
> Every time that someone tries, they stumble and fail

No they dont, you are just autistic.

The plot is fine none of your complaints are valid. Like the Batman one right off the bat is retarded because they make it clear that he doesnt think Superman has a human side AND you say he needs it to defeat Superman when he very obviously doesnt because he gets to a victory condition without it. It just shows you have a complete misunderstanding of the movie at its base level and that you are the retard.
>>
>>91170061
>intentionally misunderstanding the movie
>BUT THEY DIDNT ANSWER ME WELL ENOUGH!!!

goddamn you are the worst kind of cancer.
>>
File: Sem Título-1.jpg (4MB, 2144x2124px) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título-1.jpg
4MB, 2144x2124px
>>91169986
Snyder is actually quite bad dealing with colours. All the screem is usually just one or 2 colours.
>>
>>91165150
Who rents movies in 2017?
>>
>>91170126
>using this same shit again

this has been debunked too and is retarded. You are imposing a stupid idea of color theory that you pulled out of your ass.
>>
>>91170011

I don't think you're listening to the point. As I said

>how scenes flow into one another in order to tell a story

These shots, while symmetrical, fail in "cohering or uniting" the plot of the film.

While they are visual parallels, they fail to tell us anything about characters or their motivations other than Superman and Batman are sad.
>>
>>91170100
>The plot is fine none of your complaints are valid. Like the Batman one right off the bat is retarded because they make it clear that he doesnt think Superman has a human side

Fucking kek, look at you stumbling again.

Here are news for you mate: Doesnt matter if he thinks that he is an alien without family or not. Learning about your enemy is important to kill him no matter what you say, this is why Lex tried it, this is why the american governament tried it, knowing where the guy that you want to kill live, his allies and resources, how he works....are fundamental, basic.

>he very obviously doesnt because he gets to a victory condition without it

>tries to argue that "basic procedure done by fucking police" is unecessary
>when the movie showed that if Batman had done the prep time he wouldnt even be on that situation to begin with

Its almost like...prep time helps....
>>
>>91169459
>>91169476
Poetry it rhymes is not what I meant by cohesion man.
>>
File: Red.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>91170126
>Red and white are the same color
>having primary color schemes is bad despite other directors doing it, because I said so

get a life, you are pathetic
>>
>>91169650
>If I see it, then it's too blatant
>If I don't see it, then it's reaching

These "people" are hilarious.
>>
File: ff.jpg (443KB, 952x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
443KB, 952x1200px
>>91170126
He's a big Frank Frazetta fan, pretty sure that's where this comes from. To quote him in an interview around the release of Watchmen.

>Even now I’m a huge [Frank] Frazetta fan. All my movies have a Frazetta influence.
>>
>>91170161
>I don't know colour theory, I will just call it an "opinion" and say that it is debunked

Pretty weak if you ask me.
>>
File: Yellow.jpg (54KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow.jpg
54KB, 640x430px
>>91170126
>>
Chris, this thread is autism central.

What is it about Snyder that attracts these kind of crazy spergs?
>>
>>91170245
your ideas of color theory come from no where, while people like Frank Frazetta are renowned artists that work in single primary color schemes.
>>
>>91170219
>>91170251
I don't think that you noticed, but I used this movie as a good example or working with colours, and explained why Snyder made a shit job at it.

It's almost like....execution matter....
>>
>>91170213
>These shots, while symmetrical, fail in "cohering or uniting" the plot of the film.

But they dont.

For example the Bruce Imagery one shows Batman is trapped by the death of his parents, by his crusade, as shown by him being trapped in the confines of the door. Then he is freed from the burden at the end with him leaving, literally the gates are open for him.

The Fear/Hope one speaks directly to the core of the movie. Two people view the same event/image, Superman hovering above them, but they see him as two completely different things because of the baggage they bring. One sees Superman as hope, the other as a symbol of his fear.

I could go on.
>>
>>91170265
Did you read any of his interviews? He looks like he has autism.

And his fans? Autistic people generally have trouble distinguishing between reality and fantasy, and therefore have a harder time with being critical towards and distancing themselves from events and ideas depicted in any fictional media, be it books, films, cartoons or video games. Because of these difficulties, autistics are also easier to manipulate and deceive, especially by sources they trust, and are as a result very impressionable when it comes to commercials and conspiracy theories. You can clearly see this when Snydercucks make huge conspirancie theories like "Disney is paying LOGAN and Batman LEGO good reviews, just people wont notice that they have a bias against DCEU".
>>
>>91170216
>Doesnt matter if he thinks that he is an alien without family or not

But it does actually. If I dont think you have hands, im not gunna look for finger prints. If I dont think or care that you have a family im not gunna research your family.

>Learning about your enemy is important to kill him no matter what you say

But it very obviously wasnt because Batman was able to win without it. How do you argue against that?

>this is why Lex tried it
No, he only stole them so he could get Superman to fight Batman, not so he could kill Superman. He just used it as leverage to manipulate Superman, not something Batman was trying to do.

>tries to argue that "basic procedure done by fucking police" is unecessary
Police dont find out about people's families to kill them anon, what country do you live in?
>>
>>91170216
>when the movie showed that if Batman had done the prep time he wouldnt even be on that situation to begin with

wut? how in anyway do you get this? Its Batman's choice to be in that situation you dumb ass. GOddamn you ARE autistic, the other annon was right.
>>
>>91170283
but you didnt explain anything at all, you just said "NAH THIS DOESNT WORK FOR MY MADE UP DEFINITION OF COLOR THEORY BECAUSE I SAID SO"
>>
File: BlackBlue.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
BlackBlue.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>91170126
>>
File: White.jpg (15KB, 450x190px) Image search: [Google]
White.jpg
15KB, 450x190px
>>91170126
>single colors are bad
>>
>>91170365
I hate autism being thrown around like a buzzword.
Having said that I do notice that DCEU fans seem to both demand a darker tone while also being unable to understand why that darker tone means people question it more, so maybe there's something to that diagnosis.
>>
File: Tan.jpg (167KB, 3072x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Tan.jpg
167KB, 3072x1368px
>>91170126
>muh made up definition is what counts, fuck what other directors have been doing
>>
>>91170372
>But it very obviously wasnt because Batman was able to win without it. How do you argue against that?
Plot contrivance.
Poor narrative structure.
Bad writing.
Lex handed him the win.
>>
>>91170399
>>91170466
>>91170472
It's a simple equation. Technique + Snyder = bad. Once Snyder uses a technique it becomes bad and should no longer be used and causes all previous use to be bad. It's really that easy!
>>
>>91170489
But its none of those things, he won after fighting Superman and Lex had almost no part in it. Tell me how Superman would have won after being kryptonite poisoned for the first time? It made perfect sense, you are just reaching.
>>
File: BlackNWhite.jpg (65KB, 990x500px) Image search: [Google]
BlackNWhite.jpg
65KB, 990x500px
>>91170126
Even animation uses it you idiot
>>
>>91170387
>wut? how in anyway do you get this?
Not that anon but it's pretty obvious and if you weren't relying on memes and ad hominems as an argument you'd get what he's saying.

Batman does prep time to win. He has 18 months to do so. But never once decides to follow Superman to see where he goes at night or his known contacts. So he fails at that part of prep time. He CAN'T research Clark's identity, because if he does the entire movie falls apart.

And we know it can be done, because Lex does it. Lex and Bruce have the exact same timetable and similar resources. But Lex uncovers Clark's secrets because he's the better detective here.
And Lois is better than both of them since she figured out Clark's identity with even less time and fewer resources, before he was a public figure.
>>
File: Orange.jpg (52KB, 990x450px) Image search: [Google]
Orange.jpg
52KB, 990x450px
>>91170126
tons and tons of movies use single colors or have two colors to contrast.
>>
>>91170518
What I am getting from this is more like "a better director used a similar technique in a good movie, so this mean that what Snyder did is good, no matter audience reception or how he handled".

It is even more stupid because this faggy >>91170529 is posting single scenes where this happen on movies that have a varied display of colours in a scene, when the complain comes from the Snyder movies being limited to one or 2 colours per scene in almost every scene.
>>
>Watching the theatrical version
>Ever

You fucked up OP. Stop wherever youre at (Which also, fuck you if you're posting in this thread while watching instead of paying attention)
>>
>>91170523
>But its none of those things,
Yes it is.
>, he won after fighting Superman and Lex had almost no part in it.
No part? He's the one that got the Kryptonite in the first place. He's the one that sent Clark there at all. Batman was just a tool. In every sense of the word.

And yeah, plot contrivance allows for it. "It worked" isn't actually the defense you think it is but now you're gonna go nuh-uh so I'm gonna leave you to it.
>>
>>91170545
>Not that anon
Yes you are, dont lie.

> Lex and Bruce have the exact same timetable and similar resources

Well that is just not true. Lex obviously has more resources than Bruce in this universe. Thats why Bruce has to steal info from Lex. Do you see Bruce pushing anything through congress or strong arming senators? Do you see him doing NATO black site projects?

And lois discovered his identity before it was a secret and by following up a wild goose chase of lead, that is THE most retarded argument.
>Batman does prep time to win. He has 18 months to do so.

And he still wins. So his preptime and how prepped was enough. You defeated your own argument.
>>
>>91170365
>>91170470
Wouldn't it be more likely that anyone who's anti-DCEU has autism, considering all the "plotholes" they make up require the in-universe characters to have out-of-universe or future knowledge. E.G. "Why didn't Superman shout at Batman from afar?" as if Superman would somehow know that Batman was a threat before Kryptonite was revealed. They literally are unable to perceive characters as characters.
>>
>>91170595
So giving a man the tools to win and enemy is handing him the win? Batman still put it all together and battled Superman, but yes the point was that he was being manipulated by Luthor good job figuring that out all on your own.
And idk how you call a fight a plot contrivance. By your logic every fight ever won in a movie is a plot contrivance.
>>
>>91170570
What I'm getting is "this technique is good but magically it sucks now because REEEEE SNYDER!!"
>>
>>91170570
>when the complain comes from the Snyder movies being limited to one or 2 colours per scene in almost every scene.

so wait you are saying there are more colors in

>>91170546
than in anything in
>>91170126
?

In the flash shot alone I count three colors at least, red, black, white.

You are dumb as shit
>>
>>91170617
>Wouldn't it be more likely that anyone who's anti-DCEU has autism

You would be saying that most people that use the internet and a considerable portion of people outside of it have autism, while just a minority have it.
>>
File: Red2.jpg (190KB, 990x450px) Image search: [Google]
Red2.jpg
190KB, 990x450px
>>91170126
you dumb
>>
>>91170596
>Yes you are, dont lie.
Nope. But feel free to think so.
>Lex obviously has more resources than Bruce in this universe. Thats why Bruce has to steal info from Lex.
No, Bruce has to steal from Lex so we can get an action sequence in the second act to break up all those soliloquies.

Either Bruce has similar resources or his preparations to fight Superman consist of a year of crossfit. Which, I gotta say, I can believe.

>And lois discovered his identity before it was a secret and by following up a wild goose chase of lead, that is THE most retarded argument.
It was actually more of a secret before he was Superman because he wasn't on anybody's radar then, but keep spouting bullshit. It's what this franchise runs on.

>And he still wins. So his preptime and how prepped was enough.
He wins because of contrivances. The what isn't being disputed, but rather the how and why. If you weren't autistic you'd have grasped that by now.
>>
>>91170672
>if I hate it than most people hate it!!!!

nope
>>
File: Red3.jpg (117KB, 990x450px) Image search: [Google]
Red3.jpg
117KB, 990x450px
>>91170126
even asians do it
>>
>>91170640
As a matter of fact yes, I will call any fight that could be resolved if the two combatants talked like adults for ninety seconds contrived.
>>
>>91170649
>an stylistic choice in always good, no matter how it is implemented

Autism.

>>91170669
No, what I'm saying is that you are picking one scene in an entire movie that has a good portion of colours, and using it to justify the washed out look that he does.

Cherry picking.

Basicaly, people use it on limited scenes to highlight it, while Snyder uses it all the time.
>>
>>91170696
>No, Bruce has to steal from Lex so we can get an action sequence in the second act to break up all those soliloquies.

No he has to steal from Lex to get the information because Lex has more resources than he does, not an action sequence you idiot. He sneaks into a party. Thats not action. Good job being retarded.

>Either Bruce has similar resources
But he doesnt. Where is your in-universe proof of that?

>It was actually more of a secret before he was Superman
There literally WAS NO SECRET IDENTITY before he was Superman. He was just Clark Kent with super powers. How can you be THIS retarded? And again, Lois followed up on a wild hunch like a reporter does and got lucky.

>He wins because of contrivances
But its not. Tell me what, exactly makes it a plot contrivance? That they set up the kryptonite earlier in the movie?
>>
>>91170672
No? Look at audience reactions to the movie. It's clear everyone liked it and a very very small minority of people (mostly on reddit) disliked it.
>>
>>91170617
> they make up require the in-universe characters to have out-of-universe or future knowledge
Acting in a logical way is not out of universe or future knowledge. You're the ones going "He doesn't look into Superman because he doesn't think to". That's just boneheaded given the precedence of every other interested party in the franchise did just that. That's not future knowledge, that's past precedent. The government tried tracking him, Lois and Lex DID track him. Bruce doesn't, because the movie needs him not to in order to work as it does. It paints itself into a narrative corner where the only solution is a forced conflict and a coincidence as a resolution.
>Why didn't Superman shout at Batman from afar?
He did though.
>>
>>91170320
what? None of what you said makes any sense

Don't be pretentious, just explain to me how that effects the story. Not themes, story.
>>
>>91170774
So you ever gonna explain why Snyder somehow does it differently than the rest besides it being the same technique? What, is breathing bad too now because Snyder does it?
>>
>>91170782
>There literally WAS NO SECRET IDENTITY before he was Superman. He was just Clark Kent with super powers. How can you be THIS retarded? And again, Lois followed up on a wild hunch like a reporter does and got lucky.
Finish the sentence you salty baby.
>>
>>91170783
>No? Look at audience reactions to the movie.

It was killed by word of mouth and made less domesticaly than Deadpool. It also became the butt of jokes everywhere, to the point that we on /co/ would laught and say that only /tv/ and their place on reddit defend this.
>>
>>91170782
>He was just Clark Kent with super powers.
Yes, exactly. Clark Kent was just a random vagrant. Superman is on TV and discussed nightly. He's world famous. More people see his face.

But I guess facial recognition isn't a thing Batman has access to either. But keep being mad. It's doing wonders for your ability to argue.
>>
>>91170725
So it was contrived when Luke attacked Vader without asking him if he was his father first? It was contrived when Tyler Durden never asked if the other guy was in his head? It was contrived when they had the wrestling match in They Live? Because all of those fights could have been avoided with a conversation.
>>
>>91170135
Rented from the library aka for free.
>>
>>91167901
>>91168873
watch Assault on Arkham instead (animated)
>>
>>91170816
Lois just knew his identity, that he was Clark Kent and had powers, before he ever became Superman

>>91170849
>getting mad people dont recognize his face

that is the central conceit of Superman as a character anon. You should be more mad that Perry doesnt know who he is because he is always printing articles about him and literally works with him.
>>
File: Red4.jpg (27KB, 990x500px) Image search: [Google]
Red4.jpg
27KB, 990x500px
>>91170126
Goodfellas
>>
File: RednBlue.jpg (174KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
RednBlue.jpg
174KB, 990x660px
>>91170126
Even recent movies
>>
>>91170783
>It's clear everyone liked it and a very very small minority of people disliked it.

>everyone liked it
>small minority disliked it

>27% rotten tomatoes
>44% Metacritic
>6.7/10 IMDB
>63% Audience Flixter

Clearly not everyone liked it. It's a VERY VERY divisive flick
>>
File: YellowNBlack.jpg (50KB, 990x500px) Image search: [Google]
YellowNBlack.jpg
50KB, 990x500px
>>91170126
even burton
>>
>>91170920
>red
>white
>purple
>yellow
>black
>their skin

Are you retarded?
>>
>>91170979
Yeah and the shot he cited in his "bad colors" image has one of Superman walking through the hall which has black, tan, white, red, blue, and yellow. I'm showing how retarded the guy im replying to is. But good job also being retarded.
>>
>>91170813
>So you ever gonna explain why Snyder somehow does it differently than the rest besides it being the same technique?

Every single scene on the movie is done like that.

Unlike all the other examples that the autistic posted (some very incorrectly). As I said, he do in an entire movie what people do in few scenes, it makes the color pallets boring to look at. This is basic colour theory.

Also, as show with the post about 2001, a good director knows how to use colours to hilight important aspects and conduct the eyes across a scene, while Snyder obviously lack the knowledge of anything besides "dark thing in front of light". It's always extremely desaturated colours, or the extreme opposite with one single colour.
>>
>>91170794
>While they are visual parallels, they fail to tell us anything about characters or their motivations other than Superman and Batman are sad.

That is what you said. Nothing about story, but characters. Everything I said makes sense and DOES tell us about the characters, but ill break it down further so you can follow.
So I'll specifically deal with the image of Superman float, the Fear/Hope one. Its literally the exact same shot/image of Superman floating in the air above a human. When the person on the house sees Superman floating she sees hope, she sees a savior. When Batman looks at the exact same image, he sees fear, he sees an invader. We can see how they both react to the same exact person do the same exact thing. And how they react tells us about the characters. It shows how Batman's interpretation of Superman and the world differs due to the baggage we have seen explored throughout the movie.

THERE, now do you understand or was that too "pretentious" for you?
>>
File: BvSCriminalBrand.jpg (292KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BvSCriminalBrand.jpg
292KB, 960x540px
>>91171107
>Every single scene on the movie is done like that.

No they arent
>>
i hate how alfred is young and sexy in this movie

it just doesnt jive

yes i am a filthy casual who doesnt read comic books
>>
>>91171107
>Every single scene on the movie is done like that.

No
>>
File: batman-v-superman-daily-planet.jpg (86KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman-daily-planet.jpg
86KB, 700x467px
>>91171107
>every scene
>>
>>91170784
>You're the ones going "He doesn't look into Superman because he doesn't think to".
No one has ever said that. You people are always dishonest. Not even worth posting another reply if you're going to keep lying as usual.
>>
>>91171154
Young sexy alfred is always the wrong alfred, don't worry my casual anon
>>
>>91170821
>killed by word of mouth
>posting false info

>we on /co/
>we
Typical shill tactic. Literally page 1 of the disinfo handbook, talking about claiming to be in the "in group" and trying to say your voice speaks for everyone. No one's falling for it.
>>
>>91171070
Not him, but buddy, you should check it again. They are all hues of brow and black. There is no actual blue there.

>>91171211
Why DCEUfags are always so whiny?
>>
>>91171107
>This is basic colour theory.

No source
>a good director knows how to use colours to hilight important aspects

Well jeeze, its not like he was trying to highlight Flash in that Flash short, or draw a parallel of the kryptonite light and the kryptonite laced ocean, or draw our eye to Batman standing over a hellish landscape, or draw our eye to Superman and Doomsday fighting, or draw our eye to Superman walking through the senate. Goddamn do you even think before you type?
>>
>>91171272
>Superman's blues suit is not blue

are you retarded?
>>
i love that part when lex shoves a jolly rancher into that guys mouth

such kino
>>
>>91171272
>pointing out a lie is whining now

kys
>>
>>91170924
You think the vast majority of people have imdb, RT, and metacritic accounts? I'm talking about the normal, everyday viewer. At the worst they'd claim it was a 7/10 movie. Just look at audience reactions, where they go ask random audience members. Nobody said it was bad. The truth is, it's all these internet people screaming and shouting about how bad it is and pretending that everyone agrees with them. It's not as divisive as they'd like you to believe.
>>
>>91171289
this but unironically
>>
File: rust cohle 2012.jpg (33KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
rust cohle 2012.jpg
33KB, 650x366px
lol at the Snyder Batman ever being the best film adaptation. The dumbass did absolutely no research on Superman whatsoever, despite being determined to kill him. Lex Luthor put in more effort than this Batman did, and he's the fucking bad guy.

>I really want to kill this Superman guy because of what happened in Metropolis.
>I, The World's Greatest Detective, won't do any research on this alien god I plan on murdering at all. I won't try to find out why the battle in Metropolis took place. I won't try to find out what Superman's identity is at all. I will do absolutely nothing for 18 months.
>Oh, wow--what a lucky break! Lex has actually bothered to do a background check on Superman and has found out his weakness. I guess I'll just steal from him!
>Now, here's the moment of truth. Superman is asking for my help, but it's clearly an alien trick! I will definitely murder him with my kryptonite spear, because Christ metaphors!
>Oh, shit! He said "Martha"! "Martha" is my mother's name! Now I view Superman as an actual person and don't want to murder him! We are best friends now!
>Oh no, it's Doomsday! How convenient. I'll work together with Superman and this weird woman who was just shoed into the movie for the Justice League sequel!

Bravo, Snyder! Amazing movie. Recreate a fight scene out of the Arkham games, throw in references to gods and demons, and stretch the runtime to 3 hours, and you got absolute "kino"!
>>
>>91171443
Holy shit how many times does this need to be said, he didnt think Superman HAD a secret identity and he didnt care. And it didnt matter because he won without it anyway. Its the same reason he doesnt need to know Joker's identity to defeat him, or know who Ras' mother was to defeat him, or why he doesnt bother investigating to see if Darkseid has an alter ego or if Hugo Strange has an alter ego.

Are you autistic?
>>
>>91171443
>Oh, wow--what a lucky break! Lex has actually bothered to do a background check on Superman and has found out his weakness. I guess I'll just steal from him!

Lex manipulated Bruce into taking the information from him dummy.

>Oh, shit! He said "Martha"! "Martha" is my mother's name! Now I view Superman as an actual person and don't want to murder him! We are best friends now!
Nah, when he said Martha he started chocking Superman with his foot. Its not until Lois (who he was told by Future Flash is the key) comes and tells him its his mother and shows Batman that Superman has human connections does he stop.
>>
>>91171443
>I, The World's Greatest Detective, won't do any research on this alien god
>does enough research to know he has a weakness that not even the alien god knows he has
>does enough research to beat him
>but its not enough!!!!

hand yourself
>>
>>91171499
c'mon, anon, you have to admit that it seems a little OOC for someone called the worlds greatest detective to not do any detecting
>>
>>91171554
but he did do detecting, he found out he had a weakness that not even the god himself knew about about and he defeated him. His identity was in no way vital to defeating him.
>>
>>91171554
see
>>91171540
>>
>>91171499

No, that's called "shitty writing". The Joker is a bad guy. Ra's Al Ghul is a bad guy. He thinks Superman is a bad guy. Why? Because of what happened in Metropolis? Why did the Metropolis disaster happen? Why was Superman there? What was he doing there? Are those not important questions for Batman to ask?

Batman doesn't have to wonder about the Joker's secret identity, because the Joker is a bad guy who murders people. But Batman wants to murder Superman straight up, despite not knowing ANYTHING ABOUT HIM.

But keep equating Superman to the Joker and Ra's Al Ghul to defend this shit movie's shitty writing. And then call anybody who calls the shit writing out for what it is "autistic". That'll show them!
>>
>>91171522

Why didn't Batman ever consider that Superman might have human connections? Lex Luthor was smart enough find out about Martha, and he was a crazy person.

But Batman wants to just kill Superman. He doesn't want to find out anything about him. He doesn't want to talk anything out. He just wants to murder him. And he KNOWS Lex is up to something, and Superman tells him that it's a setup, but Batman STILL wants to murder Superman.

This Batman is an idiot. Period. No amount of justification for this movie's shitty plot will change the fact that this Batman is a fucking thug who is incapable of higher brain function.
>>
>>91171540
>hand yourself
You heard the man.
>>
>>91171540

I'm not talking about, "Research on how to beat him." I'm talking about, "Research on why he is on earth in the first place, so there doesn't have to be a conflict." You know, like Batman would usually do, instead of being easily misled and being completely unwilling to look as Superman as a human...

This Batman would rather kill this demigod than spend five minutes trying to understand him, which is why the movie is shit. This movie is called "Batman v Superman," but Superman doesn't want to fight Batman, and Batman wants only to fight Superman. There is no central clash of ideologies. For the plot to work, Batman has to be a belligerent moron.
>>
>>91171612
after eighteen months of sitting on his hands, he decided to steal info from lex

thats not "detective work"

bats couldve been investigating any number of things lex had been doing in those months and discovered the same information that he instead stole
>>
>>91171443
I feel like the Martha scene could've worked IF batman was adverse to killing. Like if he hadn't directly or indirectly murdered dozens of people prior to that point. If he justified killing superman repeatedly with "he's not human, he's not like us, etc".
Then Superman not only having a mom, but a mom with the same name as his would've been enough to make Bats unable to go through with it.
>>
>There are people who STILL don't understand the Martha scene.
The whole point is that Bruce learns that what he thought was an inhuman monster actually has loved ones, just like him, and that he'd be just as bad as his parents killer if he killed Clark.
>>
>>91171646
> Why? Because of what happened in Metropolis?
Yes
> Why did the Metropolis disaster happen?
Because Zod wanted to take over the Earth, he makes this pretty clear to the world.
>Why was Superman there?
First to give himself up and then to fight Zod. Also very clear to everyone
>What was he doing there?
He was fighting Zod.
>Are those not important questions for Batman to ask?
All those questions are answered. Those dont impact Batman at all. He thinks that Superman's very presence is doing more harm than good and that any moment he could snap (much like Batman himself) and go bad.
No please explain HOW its shitty writing instead of just autistically assuming because you think it is, it must be.
>>
>>91171718
Why didn't Batman ever consider that Superman might have human connections?
Because he sees him as an alien god and not as a human, like a good deal of the world does. Did you not catch the whole interviews bit or the people protesting superman? Give me one reason to think he does have human connections?
>And he KNOWS Lex is up to something
No he doesnt. Just that he has kryptonite.

>and Superman tells him that it's a setup
Why would he believe the immortal god alien he spent the last 2 years hating?
> Batman is a fucking thug who is incapable of higher brain function.
>hacks/clones the KGBeast's phone
>steals kryptonite
>busts a prostitute smuggling ring
>manages to defeat Superman

kek you dumb
>>
>>91171850
>, "Research on why he is on earth in the first place, so there doesn't have to be a conflict."

You are retarded, he has no reason to do that because he has already decided Superman is a threat. He thinks of Superman as a villain, that his presence brings destruction and that one day he will just go full dictator.

> You know, like Batman would usually do

Confirmed never having read a comic. Even in New Frontier Batman and Superman fight. Batman doesnt "talk it out" when he fights villains. Hell, he has a contingency plan for EVERY single member of the JL. You are a casual.

>This Batman would rather kill this demigod than spend five minutes trying to understand him

Correct, you just figured out Batman's big character flaw in the movie, something the movie itself asserts as wrong and as a mistake. Hence why Alfred keeps telling him he isnt the Batman he used to be.

> This movie is called "Batman v Superman," but Superman doesn't want to fight Batman, and Batman wants only to fight Superman. There is no central clash of ideologies.

That literally IS the clash of ideologies right there. Superman believes men can be good, always, Batman doesnt until Superman changes his mind. Batman believes once you have fell, you are fallen and thats it.
>>
>>91171911
>He thinks that Superman's very presence is doing more harm than good and that any moment he could snap (much like Batman himself) and go bad.

But why did he not kill Superman when he had the chance? Oh, because of "Martha," right? It's because he realized that Superman was a person. For 18 months, Batman thought Superman was a ticking time bomb, ready to explode. He didn't view Superman as a person. He didn't want to view Superman as a person. But it was "Martha" that turned a switch in his head and made him consider something that he had a fucking year and a half to consider, but couldn't?

Keep throwing around meaningless words like "autistic" to explain garbage storytelling, though.

>lol Batman thought Superman could turn at any moment, which is why Superman had to die
>oh, Superman has a mom. j/k, he doesn't have to die anymore!

What a great, realistic portrayal of a human being's thought process.
>>
>>91171883
>after eighteen months of sitting on his hands, he decided to steal info from lex

Not at all, we see him interrogating people and its implied he has been trying to find the kryptonite for those 2 years, or find a way to kill Superman at the very least. Lex tips him off about the kryptonite's location once he is ready for his plan to start. Also there WAS no kryptonite available until two years after Superman comes you fucking dunce.

>bats couldve been investigating any number of things
And he was, he was busting the smuggling ring and following leads to get kryptonite. He had no reason to suspect Lex.
>>
>>91172073
see
>>91171910

And once again, its not the Martha that does it. When Superman says Martha, Batman starts choking him out. Its not until Lois comes, who Flash had just told Batman was "the key," and explains that its his mom and shows that she loves Superman.
>>
>>91171980
>Why would he believe the immortal god alien he spent the last 2 years hating?

Why did he spend the last 2 years hating him?

You're using stupid characterization to justify stupid characterization.

>Why didn't Batman believe Superman?
>Because he hated him!
>Why did he hate him?
>Because of what happened in Metropolis!
>Why didn't he bother to hear Superman's side of the story?
>Why would he do that? He hated him!

Nice circular logic you got there.
>>
>>91172073
>all my points were proven wrong so I'll change the subject!!!

Also when Lois comes to Superman he realizes that he isnt an alien despot god guy, just a man (like Batman) trying his best to do good. That his intent is good and thus he deserves to live.
>>
>>91172076
>we see him interrogating people
thats after the time-skip
>>
>>91172142
>Why did he spend the last 2 years hating him?
Because he blames him for Zod attacking Metropolis and projects his own failures into that.
And it might be circular logic, but thats how hate works, its irrational. People still believe OJ killed the woman despite him being found innocent in a court of law. So if people dont believe a court of law in regards to OJ, why would Batman believe Superman?
>>
>>91171554
The whole point of Batman's story in the movie is that he was fucked up and acting OOC.
>>
>>91172190
so? There is nothing to imply he didnt also interrogate people during the two years. In fact there are numerous headlines and gotham citizens implying he has been doing just that.
>>
>>91172142
>Batman has irrational hate for Superman
>movie tells you it is irrational
>realizes it is irrational at the end of the movie and changes

>b-but why did he have an irrational hate for Superman

jeeze you are thick in the head.
>>
>>91172142
congrats, now you finally realized what Batman realized when Lois came to Superman's aid. Batman is not meant to be seen as a beacon of logic in this movie, in fact he is the bad guy for most of it.
>>
>>91172218
>implying implications

not interested, lets stick to the facts

youre right about the citizens though but it kinda just seems like bats started fighting crime again after metropolis, rather than specifically trying to bust up any rings

i dont recall there being any connection between the guy he branded and anything happening with the plot, for example
>>
>>91172310
>like bats started fighting crime again after metropolis, rather than specifically trying to bust up any rings

Well yeah, I mean he has to get information somehow, start from the bottom. And the guy he branded gave him the information about the kryptonite (though when he talks to Alfred about it, since he is lying, he says he gave him info on the White Russian or whatever the boat was called). Its confusing because Batman is lying to Alfred in that scene, but he does give him some information, which leads Batman to go clone KGBeast's phone.
>>
>>91172310
>i dont recall there being any connection between the guy he branded and anything happening with the plot, for example
The guy with all the girls from the beginning of the movie? Batman told Alfred that that guy was supposed to have information about KGBeast, which led to the White Russian, which led to the Kryptonite.
>>
>>91171132
You are still talking about the visual symmetry and the symbolism present in two shots.
I'm asking how does that montage flow coherently into the next scene? There's a sound bridge from Superman saving people to news footage of the Finch interview explaining why Superman should be held accountable, then a cut to Clark watching said news footage, followed by another cut to an exposition shot of Ma Kent's house as Superman calls her to ask about his dad. Any of these scenes could be rearranged in any order and it would still feel disjointed and clunky.
>>
Batman's main objective throughout most of the comics is to take down gangs, mafias, and kingpins such as the joker himself in earlier versions of the comics. The new movies are getting it all wrong and its pissing me off.
>>
>>91172107

The Flash served no purpose but to clumsily advertise the Justice League movie.

You are both saying that Batman viewed Superman as a threat that HAD to be taken out and that Batman changed his mind when he realized that Superman had loved ones. Sorry, that's shitty writing.

>But why would it cross his mind? He already decided that Superman was a bad guy!

If Superman having loved ones is going to COMPLETELY stop Batman in his tracks and make him do a 180, then yes, Batman should have taken it into consideration.

Again, I'll bring up Lex. Lex thought Superman was a threat. Lex thought of how to get to Superman through his loved ones. Batman thought of Superman as a threat, but he never considered that Superman would have loved ones? The thought of Superman having a mom was so unpredictable that it would make Batman change his opinion on Superman instantly?

That's stupid. That's just stupid.
>>
>>91171132

Also, its not the "exact same thing". In the first shot, Superman is descending to rescue people, in the second, Superman is descending to threaten/beat the shit out of Batman. Very different intent, and Batman is sort of justified in how he sees Supes here.
>>
purpose plays a part.
>>
>>91172195
>>91172240
>>91172256

Yes, Batman has an irrational, murderous vendetta against Superman that completely dissolves when he learns that Superman has loved ones.

Yes, this Batman, whom we have never seen before this movie, is irrational enough to hate Superman no matter what, but stupid and hypocritical enough to change his mind at the drop of a hat.

This Batman was shit.
>>
>>91172457
What stopped Batman in his tracks wasn't learning Superman had loved ones, it was learning that Superman was raised HUMAN and had HUMAN loved ones, and realizing that he was being very Joe Chill in that moment.
Batman, throughout the movie, is shown to be very unstable. Drinking a lot and being unhinged. He was not thinking clearly ever since Zod in Metropolis.
>>
>>91171910
Literally everyone gets that you retard. It's still a coincidence and a forced resolution.
We're supposed to believe Bruce is so far gone off the deep end he's forgone his usual deductive reasoning, all research, all advice, all evidence, and he's willing to mow down at LEAST twenty mooks, but five letters is all it takes to stop that runaway freight train and break through his headcanon?

Fuck that. Bruce should've just pulled the trigger.
>>
>>91170891
>that is the central conceit of Superman as a character anon. You should be more mad that Perry doesnt know who he is because he is always printing articles about him and literally works with him.
I'd have liked the movies to cover that, actually, but it was more important to extend the destruction porn than spend a couple minutes on how the glasses are supposed to work in this universe.
>>
>>91172566
>but five letters is all it takes to stop that runaway freight train and break through his headcanon?
>what is a trigger word
>>
>>91172543
>What stopped Batman in his tracks wasn't learning Superman had loved ones, it was learning that Superman was raised HUMAN and had HUMAN loved ones, and realizing that he was being very Joe Chill in that moment.

And again, Batman was too fucking stupid to consider that Superman might not be as alien as he seemed. He was too fucking to do any kind of research on him. If this Batman is going to be a villain, make him a fucking villain. Don't make him a fucking moron who is hellbent on killing some guy, and then have him decide not to kill the guy due to some paper-thin deus-ex machina.
>>
>>91171211
>No one has ever said that.
>Like the Batman one right off the bat is retarded because they make it clear that he doesnt think Superman has a human side
Found someone that said it. Your move, fucko.
>>
>>91172599
>what is a trigger word

In this case, it's lazy plot resolution.
>>
>>91171211
>No one has ever said that.
>>91171499
>he didnt think Superman HAD a secret identity and he didnt care.
>>
>>91171499
>s the same reason he doesnt need to know Joker's identity to defeat him
This is funny because literally in the last year Bruce goes to (for all intents and purposes) god and asks "What's the Joker's true identity"

So yeah, it IS something he wants to know in the comics.
>>
>>91165150
It's not as bad as it sounds. Especially if you watch the Extended Cut.
>>
>>91171910
Everyone understood it. It wasn't an awful idea, honestly, having Batman discover Superman's humanity through their mutual love of their parents.

It was just conveyed in the most idiotic, tone-deaf way imaginable. "Martha" could have literally been anyone, it took Lois Lane to explain that it was his mother.

The fact that Batman just does a mental 180 and becomes best buddies with Clark after he was about to spear him through the neck is laughable.

>"MARTHA'S HIS MOMMY'S NAME!"
>"Oh that's a weird coincidence, YEEEAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH"
>>
>>91172628
He was too unstable and obsessed to do actual research on Superman because all he saw was an alien menace who came down from the sky and did more damage than good. You could see it in his face in the opening of the movie with that little girl. Batman's whole motivation is that "crime killed my parents when I was a child, I'll stop crime", so it isn't at all surprising to me that when he has that little girl in his arms who just lost her mom in the Metropolis battle, he takes the whole Superman thing personally.
It's a very Luthor story they applied to Batman, sure, but I think it works. He isn't actually the "villain", he actually believes he's doing something bad to save the world. He made a mistake.

>>91172710
>Ego-trip Batman in the Mobius Chair
Of course he's curious

>>91172746
>Batman just does a mental 180 and becomes best buddies with Clark
People always exaggerate this. They aren't even buddies at the end. They're tentative allies. Batman's "promise" to Superman about Martha was more about his own personal childhood tragedy than anything.

People have been talking for YEARS about how Batman may be just as unstable and messed up as his villains and we actually get that in a movie and everyone hates it.
>>
>>91172107
>Batman decides not to kill the person he spent months planning to kill because he had a dream about a man in a red mask he'd never met before telling him about a reporter who tells him that the space monster he was planning to stab with a kryptonite spear has a mommy named Martha and this hunch inspired by a dream relayed by a tv reporter is enough to cause him to pull a full 180 and become best buddies with the guy whose negligence caused the deaths of countless civilians
Wew
>>
>>91172856
>People always exaggerate this. They aren't even buddies at the end.
He volunteers to save his mother and let Clark apprehend Luthor, exchanges friendly banter with him while fighting Doomsday, and talks about him like he was the second coming during his funeral.

Batman went from "fuck this guy, let's kill him" to "he was the greatest man I ever knew" in the span of maybe 20 minutes.
>>
File: Goodtimeline.png (2MB, 1256x711px) Image search: [Google]
Goodtimeline.png
2MB, 1256x711px
>>91172457
>The Flash served no purpose but to clumsily advertise the Justice League movie.

Thats wrong though, he is telling him that Lois is the key so they can be in the good timeline. By listening to Lois he avoid the Knightmare

.>You are both saying that Batman viewed Superman as a threat that HAD to be taken out and that Batman changed his mind when he realized that Superman had loved ones. Sorry, that's shitty writing.

No, its pulled right out of a revenge tragedy actually. Terrio even cites them as how he structured BvS. Sorry you never read any shakespeare.
>. Lex thought of how to get to Superman through his loved ones. Batman thought of Superman as a threat, but he never considered that Superman would have loved ones?

Yeah because Batman bought into the god thing while Luthor makes it explicit that he doesnt believe Superman is a god, hence looking for human weaknesses while Batman looks for godlike weaknesses (Achilies heal).

Were you even paying attention?

You are the stupid one.
>>
>>91172529
>getting new information and changing your mind makes you a hypocrite

grow up.
>>
>>91172596
>I need every single movie to explore the central conceit of the Superman character

but it did, just via Batman you idiot. Like Batman's whole arc is about finding out both sides of Superman.
>>
I love that the only defense for this Batman's shitty writing is, "But he was supposed to be stupid!"

>Why did Batman want to kill Superman?

"He was supposed to he stupid!"

>Why did he never try to find out anything about this guy he wanted to murder?

>Why did Batman ignore everything Alfred told him?

>Why did Batman never consider that Superman could have loved ones?

The claim apologists keep making is that Batman was too stupid and irrational to solve things diplomatically, but a few magic words change his character completely.

That's pisspoor screenwriting. If only Snyder, Goyer, and the other hack writer could actually create a conflict between Batman and Superman that wasn't magically erased in half a minute through a few lines.
>>
>>91172686
yeah thats different. You said he never thought to. Its not that he didnt think to, its that he didnt think it was information he needed or even wanted. There is a difference between someone never considering something, and someone just deciding they dont need something you fucking idiot.
>>
>>91172710
But not knowing his identity never stopped him from stopping joker you tard.
>>
>>91172904
> has a mommy named Martha

But once again, you idiot, when he says Martha it just makes Batman double down and choke Superman. Its not until the lady he was told about in a dream shows that Superman has human connections and a human mother.

You wouldnt believe a dream of yours coming true? Especially one so explicit and straight forward?

You dumb kid.

>with the guy whose negligence caused the deaths of countless civilians

Nope. Good try though kid.
>>
>>91172940
>He volunteers to save his mother

As penance for all the shit he did and because he failed to save his own mom. And he knew Superman would be better off doing alien shit.
>Batman went from "fuck this guy, let's kill him" to "he was the greatest man I ever knew" in the span of maybe 20 minutes.

The whole world did, because he just saved the world, again, and died doing it. Like how everyone loved JFK after he was assassinated.

You dumb or autistic if you cant comprehend these basic emotions.
>>
>>91172856
>He was too unstable and obsessed to do actual research on Superman because all he saw was an alien menace who came down from the sky and did more damage than good.

lol he was too stupid to do research because he thought Superman was death itself brought down to destroy all life on earth? Isn't that even more of a reason to do research?

That's such stupid, backwards reasoning.
>>
>>91173060
>its stupid if I dont understand it or accept it

sad! Go to bed kid.
>>
>>91173060
Sometimes people are just stupid and don't think things through, anon. Like you irl.
>>
>>91173144
>death incarnate comes from the sky
>I BETTER CHECK TO SEE IF HE HAS A FAMILY

you one dumb mother fucker
>>
>>91173112
>Kid
Haha holy shit could you be any madder? Did Zack Snyder visit you in the hospital or save your cat from a tree or something? Why are you so committed to defending his shitty writing?
>>
>>91165150
>what to expect
6/10 watchable

best Punisher v Sentry movie ever
>>
It's not great but I don't see how most MCU flicks are any better.

Seems like it got shit on more than it deserved, or MCU flicks get more praise than they deserve.

Or both.
>>
>>91173144
>lol he was too stupid to do research because he thought Superman was death itself brought down to destroy all life on earth? Isn't that even more of a reason to do research?
Like I said, it's a very Lex Luthor thought process, maybe it should not have been applied to Batman, but it's not bad writing. Everyone loves the Lex/Superman dynamic and people hardly bitch and moan that "LEX IS OBSESSED WITH SUPERMAN SO WHY DOESN'T HE FIGURE OUT THAT HE'S CLARK?"
It's partly because of his ego and partly because no one thinks Superman /has/ another identity besides "powerful alien savior".
And that's exactly what happened with Batman.
>>
>>91173060
Maybe if you ever read Macbeth of Hamlet you wouldnt sound like such an idiot. Understand how a revenge tragedy works.
>>
>>91173136
I can buy what Snyder was trying to do. In concept, it works.
But he condensed all those emotions into 10 minutes of punching a CGI monster and promoting the Justice League movie.

If WB got an actual filmmaker to direct their movies, maybe something good would come of it.

>You dumb or autistic if you cant comprehend these basic emotions.
And you're an actual child if you think Batman V Superman is high-concept cinema and not a fucking mess.
>>
>>91173191
>I dont have a defense but you are wrong!!!

hahah okay kid, go to sleep now.
>>
>>91173244
>10 minutes

there is almost a half hour of them working together after their fight.

And they are heroes, when Batman realizes what he has done he wakes the fuck up and does hero shit. Or should he have moped around some more?

You are just having an autistic tantrum "WHY DIDNT THE MOVIE HAPPEN EXACTLY LIKE I WANTED!!!! REEEE"

I hope you dont give your parents too hard of a time tonight as they try to change your diaper.
>>
File: laughing at whores.jpg (248KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
laughing at whores.jpg
248KB, 560x560px
>>91173060
Now now anon, they also defend the movie by calling people who point out these gaping plot holes stupid! Don't generalize!

>Why didn't Batman do any actual detective work on Superman in order to discern a tactical advantage? Why did he just murder a bunch of Lexcorp employees to try and steal kryptonite, fail, and then steal it with no problem off-screen five minutes later?
"Y-you've just never read any Shakespeare! I'm s-smarter than you, M-Marvel shill!"
>>
>>91173290
>Why didn't Batman do any actual detective work on Superman in order to discern a tactical advantage?
But he did, he found out his weakness and used it to almost kill him. Why do you keep repeating this retarded point?

>Why did he just murder a bunch of Lexcorp employees to try and steal kryptonite, fail, and then steal it with no problem off-screen five minutes later?
Because that was part of Luthor's plan. He wanted him to have the confrontation with Superman and then let him have the kryptonite later. Were you even paying attention?
>>
File: BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg (152KB, 2400x1196px) Image search: [Google]
BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg
152KB, 2400x1196px
>>91173162
>death incarnate comes from the sky
>I BETTER CHECK TO SEE IF HE HAS A FAMILY
Daily reminder that Superman and Zod didn't "just appear" in the sky.

Zod transmitted a worldwide message in every language threatening the planet if they didn't hand over the refugee, and then gave everyone time to go look for him.
There were alien attacks in the Midwest.
A Kryptoforming machine over the Indian Ocean.
Slow rolling over Gotham in a space cruiser.

The AF had time to drive a transport plane to Kansas, load up Clark's old ship, drive back to the East Coast.

THIS ENTIRE TIME, BRUCE IS APPARENTLY IGNORING THE DEVELOPING SITUATION.

HIS FUCKING BAT-MECHA SHIT IS LITERALLY PARKED A FEW MILES AWAY ACROSS THE HARBOR.

WE STILL GET THIS "OMGZ 9/11 NO ONE COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING BULLSHIT."
It's as though BvS was made by people who didn't watch Man of Steel.
>>
>>91173060
>>91173290
samefag
>>
File: green hamburger.jpg (7KB, 158x131px) Image search: [Google]
green hamburger.jpg
7KB, 158x131px
>>91173249
>Zack Snyder makes shitty movies with terrible scripts that make no sense, here's some examples
>"Ha ha kid! You just d-don't get it!"
>No but really though, your defense of a movie so blatantly bad is kinda concerning
>"LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, G-GO TO BED, KID!"
>>
>>91173339
>THIS ENTIRE TIME, BRUCE IS APPARENTLY IGNORING THE DEVELOPING SITUATION.

Are you retarded? In BvS it is explicitly said that he is in Europe after retiring from being Batman and he returns as fast as he can to metropolis.

>HIS FUCKING BAT-MECHA SHIT IS LITERALLY PARKED A FEW MILES AWAY ACROSS THE HARBOR.

Its not, he had retired, he has to get all his shit again after un-retiring.

Man you are retarded as fuck.
>>
>>91173353
im still waiting for your counter points that you refuse to actually give
>>
>>91173353
It's much easier to mock the shitposts than try to refute any of the longer posts with substance, huh?
>>
>>91173380
>In BvS it is explicitly said that he is in Europe after retiring from being Batman and he returns as fast as he can to metropolis.
Is this in the Headcanon Edition?
>>
>>91173162
>I better check where he lives, what he does most of the time, if there is a period where he is weaker and a better target, if he has acess to technology or allies that could fuck with me, better know how he thinks, to better explore it....

>lol who cares? Just going to straight up fight him like a retarded nigga, there is NO WAY that some unexpected thing will ruin what I am trying to do.

Snydercucks saying that researching Superman is stupid are so fucking patethic, even more because the conflict is negated by what could be avoided with simple research. You cant say that research is meanless, when not being prepared literaly fucked Batman plan up. It has not even to do with reasearching "family". I dont even know why these cucks think that the only good thing that you can find spying Supes is learning about his family.

Snydercucks deserve pity, you can say that they would act on the same dumb and non sensical ways that these characters act if they were on these situations.
>>
>>91173342
Nice try but nah.

>>91173330
>Lex Luthor wanted Batman to get the kryptonite, but first he wanted them to meet and maybe share some dialog, then he'd LET Batman steal the kryptonite, all while planning to use the kryptonite himself to kill Superman, except he can't do that anymore because he let Batman take it, so he basically put all of his chips on a buff guy in a bat suit to kill a space god capable of leveling a city block all by himself
W E W

>>91173339
>Bruce ignores the developing situation
>his employees don't realize the big alien death machine is fucking the planet until they look out the window
>Flash didn't help the Suicide Squad defeat Enchantress
>Wonder Woman let the Holocaust happen and didn't intervene when Zod touched down and started blowing up skyscrapers
It's almost like these movies are full of plot holes and incompetent characters. It seriously baffles me how Warner Bros is unable to make a good movie out of this 75 year backlog of iconic characters with great stories. It's like some Producers-esque insurance scam, it's honestly kinda remarkable.
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338KB, 612x692px) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338KB, 612x692px
>>91173491
Because the intent isn't to make good stories about iconic characters.
It's to tell topical edgy effects-laden stories with essentially OC's with iconic brand names stamped on them.
>>
>>91173234
>revenge tragedy

Its funny seeing pseudo intelectuals puke this. BvS is one of the worst attempts at revenge tragedy that I ever saw. Superman and Batman had no gravitas on their conflict, to the point that Lex had to literaly kidnap the mother of one of them to force them to fight, to not talk about how negating the "revenge" part of the revenge story just removes all the dramatic wheight of making one.

But for plebs, just knowing that it is somehow related to a "revenge story" already makes you feel inteligent.
>>
>>91170126
This is my biggest issue with him. It looked cool in 300 and Watchmen, but orange and blue all the time is really taxing on the brain. It could be a psychological thing.
>>
>>91173491
>>Bruce ignores the developing situation
>>his employees don't realize the big alien death machine is fucking the planet until they look out the window
>>Flash didn't help the Suicide Squad defeat Enchantress
>>Wonder Woman let the Holocaust happen and didn't intervene when Zod touched down and started blowing up skyscrapers

>Superman didn't stop Orion and Kalibak from bringing down a building in their fight
>Green Lantern didn't come to Central City's rescue when a speed force storm caused a blackout
>Aquaman doesn't come help Superman when Brainiac puts Metropolis in a bottle or some shit
>Wonder Woman didn't stop 9/11
>>
>>91173393
>>91173410
I honestly don't think I have enough space to go over everything wrong with just this one movie in a single post.
But I'll try to cover the basics.

>Bruce's employees haven't evacuated despite a big space machine fucking their city to death right outside the window
>Wonder Woman has apparently been around since WW2, decides to come help stop Doomsday from destroying an uninhabited island but is MIA while Zod is attempting to destroy the entire planet
>Lex Luthor is able to smuggle a massive bomb into a government building during a hearing with enhanced security (since Superman is there)
>Superman doesn't notice the bomb with any of his super-senses because "he wasn't looking"
>Superman doesn't find it suspicious that there's a big lump of lead he can't see through in the bottom of a wheelchair of a man who has a grudge against everyone in the room, especially Superman
>Senator Elastigirl drinks piss. Not really a plot hole, just really really silly.
>Lex Luthor discerns the secret identities of both Superman and Batman, does nothing with this information even after he's caught
>Lex Luthor creates Doomsday for no reason. Even if he was just being a mad scientist to see what would happen, he knew he was making a monster he couldn't control.
>If his plan to get Batman to kill Superman succeeded, then there's no one to stop Doomsday. If Superman killed Batman, then he's got an angry Superman with no qualms about murder on his tail, in addition to Doomsday.
>Lex doesn't attempt to escape or install any kind of failsafe in his plan. He goes all-in for no reason and is captured without any hassle.
>That tonally-dissonant teaser trailer for Justice League we got in the middle of what was supposed to be a tense, engaging climax
>Martha Kent makes a silly joke after having her life threatened and watching a gravely-voiced man in a bat suit immolate a man to death (I actually liked this scene, but the "cape" line was so tonally out of place)
>>
>>91173696
>Just turn your brain off bro!
>dont expect consitency in this movie!

Even the MCU tries to justify why characters cant be on each other movies all the time. Same goes for the Fox Xmen.
>>
>>91173491
Nigga what are you on?
>>
File: Gordon.jpg (47KB, 657x380px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon.jpg
47KB, 657x380px
>>91173696
Yes, but in COMICS, crazy shit is happening everywhere all the time, the individual heroes are always dealing with some threat or another on their own.

in the DCEU, there aren't supposed to be Alien invasions and extradimensional threats going down, which is why Superman's revelation as "the Alien" was supposed to be this world-changing event.

Wonder Woman has been chilling out for decades.
Flash is stopping Bogans from robbing local banks.
Batman is chasing around crazy Juggalos driving easily identifiable sports cars.
>>
>>91172856
>He was too unstable and obsessed to do actual research on Superman because all he saw was an alien menace who came down from the sky and did more damage than good.
But not so unstable that five letters won't make him pause?
>>
>>91173696
Maybe...just maaaybe....they shouldnt have made:

>>Bruce ignores the developing situation
>>his employees don't realize the big alien death machine is fucking the planet until they look out the window
>>Wonder Woman let the Holocaust happen and didn't intervene when Zod touched down and started blowing up skyscrapers

Huge plot points and an important part of their characterization and arc? If you want people to ignore the bulshit and stupid situations, you dont put big red arrows pointing to it. For fucks sake, if the leaks are right, and they look like they are, WonderW abandoning people on the WW2 will happen off screem out of nowhere.
>>
>>91173756
Flash cared to stop a random bank robber, but didnt gave a fuck for the giant lazer in the middle of the city, destroying shit for more than a day.

It is even worse because he has no reason to not be there, apart from him not giving a fuck.
>>
>>91173049
>>I need every single movie to explore the central conceit of the Superman character
Man fuck off. Man of Steel spent a good 90 minutes tlaking about how Clark can't reveal himself and expect to have a normal life, how he can't fit in with people, how when Superman is made public it's gonna change everything.

You REALLY don't think how Clark adopts a secret identity is relevant to that character arc at all? That it's something they should just gloss over?

...Of course you do. Because that's what they did. And to suggest it's a missed opportunity means it's no longer a 11/10 kinomatic.
>>
>>91173738
Fuck it, I've got more I didn't even touch on.

>Lois throws the spear into a pool of water for no reason, just so there's some tension when she inevitably has to swim down and get it
>Superman sacrifices himself to kill Doomsday when he easily could have thrown the spear into Doomsday with the force of a fucking railgun. Or just handed it off to Wondie, who's probably well-trained with polearms, let's be honest.
>Batman murders a dozen guys with his car to steal the kryptonite, Superman interrupts and gives him a stern talking to (even though he just murdered a dozen guys and Superman could totally just take him to jail for that and/or being a vigilante). Batman later steals the kryptonite off-screen without incident, making the prior scene totally pointless (but he and Superman had to meet before they fought and we also needed a part where the Batmobile blows stuff up real good)
>Flash doesn't show up during the climax despite him already having his powers and Suicide Squad illustrating that he has no problem running to fucking Australia to stop Captain Boomerang from cleaning out a jewelry store
There were parts that I really liked, most of the performances were solid, but the story was an utter mess. You can nitpick anything to make it look bad, but these aren't just minor nitpicks. These are gaping plot holes that show just how little thought went into this movie beyond "put Batman in the Superman movie so we can compete with Marvel".
>>
>>91173869
Why didn't the avengers intervene when Dormammu was invading Shanghai?
>>
>>91173879
>They killed off Clark Kent
>on the second movie
>Luthor knows his secret identity
>So he can just fucking say if Clark comes back anyway

It is kind of important for Luthor not discovering who Superman is, and it is because of situations like this.
>>
>>91173696
I feel like that can be excused when it's comics though, just because there are so MANY series with so much going on.
Why isn't Aquaman helping Superman fight that robot? Pick up Aquaman #9, he was busy doing that.

Whereas in movies, it can be harder to provide an explanation for this kinda thing that doesn't come off like a cop-out.

Marvel's guilty of it too, but they at least try to explain shit from time to time (like when they made it clear that Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man 2 all happen in the same week).
>>
>>91173921
I havent seem this movie yet.

How long was the invasion? How long took to stop it? How big or unnusual was the destruction to catch the eyes of the Avengers? Was it on that Mirror World?
>>
File: 1432860141100.png (272KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1432860141100.png
272KB, 900x1200px
>>91173925
How will they explain Clark's reappearance when he had an open casket funeral?

They really don't put any thought into these films do they?
>>
File: Thor glasses.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Thor glasses.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>91173921
>Why didn't the avengers intervene when Dormammu was invading Shanghai?

Same reason Iron Man didn't show up when an Invisible Elf Ship warped in from another dimension and crashed into the UK.

Both incidents were over in minutes.

The Kryptonian incident involved several days.
Gozer and her bad CG brother took over a city, wiped out a military response, sat around ANOTHER day while they recruited the Squad, geared them up and helicoptered them to the scene.

In both DCEU situations the threat developed over multiple days, in huge, attention grabbing ways.
>>
>>91173215
>Seems like it got shit on more than it deserved, or MCU flicks get more praise than they deserve.
I'm going to make an attempt to tell you why that's going to be ignored because it always does:

The DCEU defies its genre conventions, The MCU does not.

For example, the DCEU takes the destruction that's a standard in a superhuman fight and plays it in slow desturated motion with sad or no music, similar to a saving private ryan beach scene and says "look how horrible it is"

So the audience remembers it and goes "Man that was terrible. The hero didn't do a good job"

The MCU plays that same genre standard with a bombastic trumpet score and bright colors, and goes "This is an awesome action sequence!" (even when it's not) so the audience remembers "that was an awesome action sequence!"

For as much as DCEU's defenders talk about how it's got better visuals and better presentation and actual artists behind the helm they seem to want to ignore the fact that the choices made, however intentional, paint the characters in a way that's a turnoff for a great many people.
>>
>>91173756
Unless the Flash movie takes place at the same time as Suicide Squad and shows that he was busy fighting Zoom or something, there's no reason he would have ignored a witch opening an apocalypse portal.

Not when they establish (in the SAME MOVIE) that Flash is cool with running to Australia to stop a bank robber.
>>
>>91174032
>Unless the Flash movie
I've got bad news for you son.
>>
>>91173991
Pretty sure that Amanda Waller kept the situation under wraps that's why there were no television crew or anything.

How hard is it to follow the basic plot of a simple movie like SS?
>>
>>91173991
This.

The climax of Thor 2 happens on the spam of thirty minutes right? They do it, because there would be no way for the others to don't show up.

You have to deal with this if you want to make a cinematic universe.
>>
>>91174032
>with running to Australia to stop a bank robber.
What makes you believe Boomerang was in Australia? Was it stated in the movie or are you just making things up as you go along?

>Why can't this superhero be in other superhero's movie?

This is the dumbest fallacy anyone can ever make about these cape movies. Unironically you're all complaining about Iron-Man being involved in Spiderman's upcoming movie.
>>
>>91174057
Nigga, you just invented a situation right now to try to justify a plot hole. It is literaly a headcanon.

Even so, it is an entire fucking city. AN ENTIRE FUCKING CITY.

Military is there, there is lazer in the sky, people with phones, floating rocks and so.

For 2 or 3 days.
>>
>>91173921
Wasn't that fight contained to like, two blocks? All the Dormammu shit was in a pocket dimension and Strange immediately reversed time and set it all right; if it was pre-Civil War then the Avengers were busy cleaning up Sokovia and tracking down HYDRA and Crossbones. Post-Civil War, the Avengers were either on the lam or hung up by the accords.

Or it was just too small a thing for them to bother with, same way Thor didn't come help Tony fight Killian and Cap didn't team-up with Luke Cage.
>>
>>91174057
>Pretty sure that Amanda Waller kept the situation under wraps
You sad, mentally gymnastic motherfucker.
It's a major city. You couldn't wipe out the national guard in Chicago, turn a chunk of the population into monster-men, and install a gigantic glowing death ray in it and go "lulz media blackout".

>How hard is it to follow the basic plot of a simple movie like SS?
Talking stupid shit and smack in the same thread. Nice.
>>
>>91173991
>The Kryptonian incident involved several days.
>Lying

Malel shills so shameless. Zod showed up on Earth and gave Clark 24 hours to surrender, then he started terraforming the earth the next day. It didn't last several days.
>>
>>91174100
>What makes you believe Boomerang was in Australia?

Not him, I don't think that he was in Australia, still, even if he is on America the argument stands.

Also, you are using logic outside of the movie to try to justify things, big mistake. By the way, I have no problem with Stark showing up in the Spidey movie, it is a cinematic universe, it makes sense. I really don't mind 2 or 3 characters from a previous movie showing up in others.
>>
>>91173978
>>91173925
>Snyder kills off Jimmy Olsen because "it'll be funny"
>Snyder kills off Clark Kent
>even after Superman comes back, Clark will have to stay dead
>Superman's human half is dead and in the ground, he's now godlike space savior 24/7
It's like a beautiful metaphor for exactly why Zack Snyder shouldn't be directing a Superman movie. He just doesn't fucking understand the character.
>>
>>91173696
>>Wonder Woman didn't stop 9/11
9/11 didn't happen in the DCU though. They had Our Worlds at War instead.
>>
>>91173969
It was like an hour at most and covered maybe a city block or two. Maybe a dozen mooks and Mads Mikkelson. Nowhere near Thor 2 or Avengers in terms of "city in peril".
>>
>>91174173
>even if he is on America the argument stands.
No it doesn't.

Flash in the DCEU is shown stopping robbers, not intergalactic threats.

>you are using logic outside of the movie to try to justify things

No
>>
>>91174220
So you're willing to excuse Dormammu's invasion but are flipping out over heroes not getting involved in Suicide Squad.

Really dumb.
>>
>>91174172
If there's enough time to mobilize a military response, there's enough time for Batman to get his ass in gear. Certainly enough time for the Flash, but I'd sooner believe he didn't have his powers then.
>>
>>91174100
>Was it stated in the movie or are you just making things up as you go along?
Just rewatched the scene, Waller mentions he robbed every bank in Australia before coming to America. So that's entirely my mistake, but still, you're telling me the Flash wouldn't zip over to Metropolis when all that bad shit was going down? This wasn't a "oh no, the Joker is on the loose!" situation, they fired a nuke for chrissakes.

>Unironically you're all complaining about Iron-Man being involved in Spiderman's upcoming movie.
>le /co/ hivemind meme
>>
>>91173921
Stable time loops mean the fight never happened.
>>
>DCucks trying this hard to defend their shitty trash

LMAO
>>
>>91174172
Fine, a full 24 hours from a worldwide warning of global consequences.
During which time Bruce couldn't even get back to the Batcave, even though they make a point of showing all the major cities doing business as usual, and talking about it lightly on morning television.
Any actual heroes on the planet had plenty of time to offer their assistance. The US Military had plenty of time to arrange a meeting with Zod, and no one else bothered to show, or to help deal with the aftermath.
>>
>>91174279
>Flash in the DCEU is shown stopping robbers, not intergalactic threats

So your execuse, is that he didnt cared? He gave no fucks?

>>91174312
Dormammu invasio - few minutes, contained in small area, far away from the other avengers

SS - Entire city destroyed and evacuated, last at least 3 days, buildings and lazers on the sky, most of the heroes so far live on America and are less of one hour from flying to there, including a guy that can just appear them and solve all the conflict.
>>
>>91174312
>Posts explains that the threats in DCEU take place over multiple days while MCU threats show up and are handled within an hour or two at the most.
>These are exactly the same because otherwise I can't be right.
>>
>>91174416
>far away from the other avengers
Really can't make this up.
>>
File: Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg (214KB, 1263x850px) Image search: [Google]
Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg
214KB, 1263x850px
>>91174312
>So you're willing to excuse Dormammu's invasion
The Dormammu situation was literally 3 guys walk up to an innocuous building attack, and blow it up. In Shanghai.
Strange teleports in before the explosion is even a minute old, and reverses time.

Who is supposed to respond to that?
>>
>>91174433
Its Shanghai nigga.
>>
>>91174433
Shanghai isn't far away from New York?
And when in the timeline does Doctor Strange even take place? Half those Avengers might not even exist, or could be in hiding/waiting for UN approval.
>>
>>91174431
>Lie that the Kryptonian invasion lasted several days
>Continue to make up lies and excuses for Marvel for doing the same things DC has done so far
>Making the plebbest of fallacies asking why Superman can't just fight The Joker for Batman.
>Being this much of an unapologetic dumb shill
>>
>>91174515
>Not adressing anything
>Ad hominem

Not even him, but your desperation is obvious. You are the one that looks like a shill, defending a bad movie and its plot holes despite everything.
>>
>>91174312
You guys are really sad. Once again you praise the DCEU for being different and then try and go "Oh but why can't we use the same rules as the other guys!?!?:

You can't because it's different, you fuckwit. You wanted it different, so it's different.
>>
>Shanghai isn't far away from the Avengers
>No heros responding during a 3 day citywide siege is the exact same as them not responding to a building exploding after a couple minutes

This is the logic Snyderfags use? You guys really are dumber than a I thought
>>
>>91174515
It did take place over at least two days.
There was enough time for the military to organize a response. We know this because the military was all over the movie.
Also, why CAN'T Superman just fight the Joker for Batman? Metropolis and Gotham are next door neighbors.
>>
>>91174312
>Dormammu "invasion"
>A dozen guys light some buildings on fire and flip over some cars after sacking the local Sanctum
>Strange and pals immediately sling-ring in, stop the mooks, and reverse time to fix everything
>The remainder of the climax takes place in a plane where our reality is unaffected
>Post-credits we see him working with Thor, Winter Soldier revealed he was a person of interest to HYDRA

>Suicide Squad
>Enchantress goes rogue, kills a bunch of people, derails subway trains, transforms a good percentage of the populace into putty patrollers
>Takes over a government building at the heart of the city
>National Guard is called in, fights giant tentacles and magic monster men
>Team of colorful supervillains come in, all of whom had attracted the attention of Batman and the Flash in the past
>Joker, a prolific criminal and Batman's white whale, flies into the city and blows some shit up in order to evac his girlfriend
>a giant Ghostbusters/Mortal Kombat magic beam is fired into the sky
>the streets are deserted because of all the chaos
>this lasts for the entire movie
>Batman and Flash and Wonder Woman all have better things to do, apparently, despite the former two appearing in the movie through flashbacks earlier

Really dumb indeed.
>>
>>91174555
>Not even him
>Implying

Literally haven't defended anything other than to question his stupid double standards and the fact that he just lied about

a)Flash running to Australia
b)The Kryptonian invasion lasting for days
>>
>>91174601
>>91174515
Superman did show up to meet Zod near the end of 24 hours.
The movie did not end with Superman meeting Zod for the first time.
>>
File: endless trash.png (163KB, 1116x158px) Image search: [Google]
endless trash.png
163KB, 1116x158px
reminder
>>
File: HURRR.png (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
HURRR.png
9KB, 250x242px
>>91174433
>Cap, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wanda, and Falcon are all wanted criminals
>Bucky is on ice
>Spidey is a kid
>Tony and all the other non-fugitive Avengers have to work through the Accords, a set of legislature whose one flaw is that they're slow and full of red tape that can delay the team's response to moments of crisis
>Quicksilver is dead
>Black Panther is assuming the throne after his father is assassinated
>Hulk is in hiding
>Thor is off-world trying to find Loki
>Guardians are off in the far-reaches of space
>"Why didn't any of them fly to Shangai in ten minutes to stop a handful of magic martial artists from blowing up an old library?"
>>
File: jokerface.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
jokerface.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
>>91169427
>The senator is doing something she believes to be for the greater good and against Luthor (peach tea) but it was actually part of Luthor's plan all along (piss)

I don't know what it is but something about the wording of this sentence gave me the biggest laugh I've had all day.
>>
>>91174730
DC has shitty movies and Marvel has shitty comics.
What we really need to ban from /co/ is faggots who insist on pulling company wars horseshit whenever they get the opportunity.

You can think Dawn of Justice was the worst movie of 2016 while also refusing to read garbage like Unbeatable Squirrel Girl or Mockingbird. Both companies put out their fair share of shit, just in different areas.

Personally, I blame /tv/.
>>
File: 1393150639248.png (279KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1393150639248.png
279KB, 668x712px
>>91174743
>Willing to jump through all these hoops to defend Marlel heroes being preoccupied with other events
>Doesn't stop to consider that Batman is probably too busy with his own things Flash is stopping low-level crime, Aquaman is in Atlantis and only shows up to a fishing town once in awhile.

I didn't believe the shills were actually real till now.
>>
>>91174817
>I don't know what it is
He just explained to you how Jesse Eisenberg tricking Mrs. Incredible into drinking a mason jar of his piss was ACTUALLY a brilliant metaphor that defines Lex Luthor as one of the greatest criminal minds in all of fiction, I know exactly why that's hilarious.
>>
File: super-retard.jpg (28KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
super-retard.jpg
28KB, 499x376px
>>91174852
>Batman is probably too busy with his own things Flash is stopping low-level crime
Yes, certainly more important things than invading aliens threatening the entire planet. Stopping robberies of insured banks and shit, I am sure. Except Batman is explicitly doing none of these things. In MoS he is apparently downtown in Bruce mode dicking around.
In SS, he is supposedly forming a team to stop an apocalyptic world threatening event, but amazingly ignores the apocalyptic world threatening event that actually goes down.

You're a SOOPERFAN, we get it.
>>
>>91174657
Yes, and where was Batman for that?
Why doesn't he at least acknowledge the Zodcast?
>>
>>91174852
>Implying I mentioned Aquaman, despite WB making it clear through his cameo in BVS and his role in the JL trailer that he's not a proper superhero yet and is more of a wandering do-gooder who assists people in like Nova Scotia or something
>Implying Batman has something more important to do than stop Joker, especially when Joker's trying to rescue the woman who helped kill Jason, especially when she's teamed up with Deadshot, and ESPECIALLY when the post-credits scene shows that Batman was totally concerned with Waller releasing a bunch of supervillains in a metropolitan area (but he was busy sending convenient emails to the super-friends, so I guess he was just booked for the day)
>Implying it would take more than an entire day for Flash to deal with "street-level crime"
>Implying anyone who beats you in an argument is a shill
Echo-chambers are dangerous things, anon.
>>
>>91175002
Yes, that's my point.
The invasion warning to the climax was closer to two days.
Apparently no one except that one airbase gave a shit.
>>
>>91174953
>>91175021
This shilling really is uncontrollable. You just put out a laundry-list explaining how all the marlel heroes are busy but you expect the DC ones, who haven't even officially formed to be there to put out fires in every city.

If you're not getting paid for this stupidity you should be.
>>
>>91175002
>Yes, and where was Batman for that?
They literally show you where he was at the beginning of BvS. You Marvel spergs are beyond embarrassing and that's why you're an anathema on this board.
>>
File: James Franco eating pie.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
James Franco eating pie.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>91175090
>Anyone who disagrees with me is a shill
I really hope you're either joking or exaggerating, anon.
I get that you like the DCEU; I disagree, but that's fine. But projecting that hard can't be healthy.

Also
>Implying samefag
>>
>>91175090
>Fires in every city

Anon.

It is an entire major city being DESTROYED BY FUCKING ALIENS that are threatening THE ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET

Stop the false equivalence bullshit

Stop the shilling accusation bullshit

I get it you like the DCEU. But you can love a movie and acknowledge that it is bad and illogical. I mean, I love the 60'sand 70's Godzilla movies, but by no stretch of the imagination would I call them good movies
>>
File: Robert Downey.jpg (9KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Downey.jpg
9KB, 247x204px
>>91175090
>You just put out a laundry-list explaining how all the marlel heroes are busy
No, I sure didn't.
I explained that the Dark Elf invasion and the Dormammu incursion literally existed for minutes, in foreign countries.

The threats in Man of Steel and Suicide Squad went on for at the very minimum 24 hours, certainly longer in SS, and most likely at least a day and a half in MoS, both of them in America, one of them right over the home base of anothwer hero, and no one attempted shit.

This would be forgiveable to a degree, except they hinge Batman's homocidal motivation on his witnessing the events of MoS's climax like it was a shocking 9/11 surprise, when they make a big production out of Zod's warning in the first film.

If Malekith had parked his Elf Fleet over London and started making demands, then it would be comparable.
>>
So did OP hate it or is he retarded?
>>
>>91175184
This.
It's apples and oranges.

That'd be like saying "OH, ALL THOSE FIREFIGHTERS AND COPS SHOWED UP TO HELP ON 9/11, BUT WHERE WERE THEY WHEN MRS. JOHNSON FELL IN THE TUB WITHOUT HER LIFE ALERT, HUH?"
>>
>>91175198
It can be both. It just can't be neither.
>>
File: 1450068665337.png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450068665337.png
122KB, 500x500px
>>91175158
>>91175169
>>91175184
>Almost instantaneous damage control
>W-w-e're not shills though

Which reminds me that Hydra was going to kill a good population of the earth with space guns but only Captain America stepped in to help, not the avengers.

>Explains that Hulk is in hiding but refuses to reconcile that WW is too
>Says Tony, the guy who flew to the middle east to stop random soldiers, was held back by legislation
>Says other heroes are too busy but refuses to excuse the possibility of Batman being too busy
>Flash is intentionally keeping a low profile stopping low level crime but he expects him to step in here and do what? run really fast.
>The absolute state of this pitiful shilling
>>
>>91175116
>They literally show you where he was at the beginning of BvS.
...Yeah man, that's the point.
Batman had 2 days to get ready for the smackdown in metropolis. He didn't do anything in those two days.

"He was retired" is a good answer to that. You don't need to say anything but that but instead you keep going on about marvel and shills and conspiracies and whining about how a fairly different scenario plays out differently. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>91175361
>Which reminds me that Hydra was going to kill a good population of the earth with space guns but only Captain America stepped in to help, not the avengers.
Black Widow was there, as was Fury, as was Hill, as was Falcoln. That's not a lot of Avengers but that's still more than nothing.

Not to mention that's still a false equivalency because as far as anybody else knew it wasn't Hydra doing that, but Shield.
>>
>>91175361
>This level of cognitive dissonance

Anon, get mental help

Also, think about this for a moment. Why would a huge company like Disney, hire shills to argue with random anonymous people on fucking 4chan?
>>
>>91175392
>Batman had 2 days to get ready for the smackdown in metropolis
No he didn't lol.
>>
>>91175495
>Literally no retort cause he got caught red-handed
>Why would a huge company like Disney, hire shills to argue with random anonymous people on fucking 4chan?

I ask myself that everyday I come here and see a DC thread infested by "But Marvel is better" Why do you do it?
>>
>>91175530
because it pisses retards like you off
>>
>>91175576
It's much easier for me to say you're a shill than to imagine there's someone out there who dedicates hours even days of their life promoting a trashy company like Disney for no compensation.
>>
File: 1490448625136.png (497KB, 802x528px) Image search: [Google]
1490448625136.png
497KB, 802x528px
>>91175576
The funny thing, is that WB is the only company 100% proved to buy reviews.
>>
File: geaorge mcnugget.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
geaorge mcnugget.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>91175361
>Ignoring that Hulk is in hiding because he freaked out and wrecked a bunch of shit while Wonder Woman was in "hiding" because she was sad her boyfriend died in WW1 (OOPS SPOILERS)
>Ignoring all of Tony Stark's character development from the first Iron Man through Civil War, where he slowly becomes the establishment in an effort to keep people safe
>Ignoring how Batman shows up in the post-credits scene to explain how he was watching the whole Suicide Squad debacle but didn't care enough to intervene, even though it was a global-level threat and even after the Joker (who killed Robin and sent him into his depression and is STILL AT LARGE) gets involved
>Implying Flash, arguably the most powerful member of the Justice League, wouldn't be able to do anything against a threat like Enchantress
>"Y-you're just s-shills!"

Anon, you should win the gold in mental gymnastics.
>>
>>91173339
>DEATH INCARNATE
>MARTHA!
>Nah, he is a good chap
>>
>>91175530
>Why do you do it?
Because, when it comes to movies, it's true.

Also, >>91175576, it's an immense amount of fun to come home after a rough day and just watch you faggots defy any and all semblance of logic to breathlessly defend a bunch of shit-tier Hollywood blockbusters.
>>
>>91175798
To be fair I think Sony got caught doing that shit too, to the surprise of absolutely no one.
>>
>>91175831
>you should win the gold in mental gymnastics.
Really rich coming from the guy who wrote all this out:

>>91174743

Especially: "a set of legislature whose one flaw is that they're slow and full of red tape that can delay the team's response to moments of crisis"

You lack self-awareness on a basic level.
>>
>>91175875
>defy any and all semblance of logic to breathlessly defend a bunch of shit-tier Hollywood blockbusters.

The irony of saying this while defending Marvel movies is too strong.
>>
>>91175361
>Hydra was going to kill a good population of the earth with space guns but only Captain America stepped in to help, not the avengers.
Ignoring that HYDRA was doing this in secret (until the climax when a single Helicarrier crashed in Washington DC), Tony blew up all of his suits, Thor was in Asgard learning to be a king, and everyone else short of Banner and Hawkeye is helping Cap.

So I suppose Hulk and Hawkeye could've gotten in on that action, but everyone else had a reasonable excuse.

>Your next line is "NICE DAMAGE CONTROL DISNEYSHILL, HOPE THE MOUSE IS PAYING YOU MKEKS OVERTIME"
>>
>>91175968
>Especially: "a set of legislature whose one flaw is that they're slow and full of red tape that can delay the team's response to moments of crisis"

They establish that in the movie. Cap is wary of the Accords because it'll take too much time for the UN to decide if they're even allowed to respond while people are in danger. So you either didn't watch Civil War or you're an idiot. I'd bank on both.
>>
>>91176050
>More mental gymnastics to defend intellectual incompetence
>Double standards all over the place
>Managed to steer a thread about DC into MCU wankery
>>
>>91175989
Marvel's got issues, but they're functional films.
Everything out of the DCEU has been flawed on a fundamental level; they are broken movies.

I honestly don't understand how WB and Snyder can manage to fuck up these characters who have decades upon decades of worldwide appeal so badly.
>>
>>91176086
>N-no, you!
This is getting sad, anon. How little confidence do you have in your sense of taste that you just shut down like this whenever someone offers up an opposing argument?
>>
>>91176134
You didn't offer any argument though. You still can't understand that The Flash is intentionally keeping a low profile. This is impossible for you to get through your thick skull.
>>
>>91176194
>Flash
>Keeping a low-profile
>Wears a bright red suit of armor with little lightning bolts all over it and tells jokes to bank robbers
I'm starting to think you might just be baiting me, anon. In which case, not bad, I fell for it.
>>
>>91175506
Why not? "lol" is not an argument.
>>
>>91174172
Are you trying to say fucking BATMAN of all people can't get his shit together in 24 hours?
>>
So, I finally watched SS.

Like all DC movies it's not as bad as the memes say. It's not a horrible movie.

But it is an absolutely mediocre movie. And the problem, like with all DC (I mean DCEU) movies is that it has many obvious, STUPID mistakes.
Like, I strongly feel an average comic fan could have a better script supervision than that mess. There are many, unnecessary dumb shit that with just a tighter pacing and a better focus on average action movies motifs it would have been so much better.

There are decent (decent, not great) stuff in there. But the mix is fucked up by really easily avoidable mistakes.

I have to say something though.
If you ignore the chemical bath and how the other characters talk about her (for example, Waller saying she's crazier than the joker, wtf was that shit) Robbieharley wasn't bad.

In fact, she was just like Timmverse harley. Or at least much, much closer to timmverse harley than current shitharley we have in the comics.

The reason that's not so clear is that the joker and especially the joker's attitude to her, is very, very different from the timmverse.

But if you took timmverse harley and had the joker act to her like SSjoker acts, she'd react like robbie harley. It's really timmverse harley -as a personality, not visually- but with a different joker.
>>
>>91174848
In fairness, DC and Marvel actively promoted company wars in the 90s. And just look where it got them.
>>
>>91176742
>Like, I strongly feel an average comic fan could have a better script supervision than that mess
Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>91175310
It's even dumber than that, because Mrs. Johnson's son heard her thrashing around in the bathtub and got concerned when she didn't respond and broke in to the bathroom and saved her within 5 minutes. And that guy is complaining that all those firefighters didn't show up to help save the day.
>>
>>91175530
Because you faggots always respond to any criticism with KEKS MARVEL SHILLS REEEE even web no one's mentioned Marvel yet.
>>
>>91176742
Does it bother anyone that Enchantress and her shifty brother died to a ducking normal bomb and a gun?

They are hyped as superman killers, but a bunch of normal humans could duck them up with regular army ammunition?

Also, they forget their powers when they start fighting main characters. Enchantress attacked with fucking short swords. Patethic.
>>
>>91176946
see>>91177052
All these could be solved by someone paying attention to the powers of the characters.
>>
>>91176946
Nou
>>
You know that image of Malcolm's little brother saying "I expected nothing, and I'm still disappointed."? Perfect for this movie.
>>
>>91177590
This.
>>
There are a very few scenes that I preffered in the original, rather than the extended cut.

When KGBeast is getting out of the african compound in bikes, camera pans up and Superman comes down, preceded by his characteristic two thunders.

The notes that strike when Perry White grabs the newspaper from the print right after Doomsday is defeated, it's just perfect.
>>
File: almost got im.png (196KB, 387x430px) Image search: [Google]
almost got im.png
196KB, 387x430px
>>91176742
Harley, Boomerang, Deadshot, and Waller were the only good parts of that movie.
Also the fact that we got that amazing Killer Croc joke in the LEGO Batman Movie.

>tfw I expected it to come out that Waller had tricked the US government into giving her a team of supervillains so she could further her own goals
>mfw she was being totally honest the whole time and actually thought that Killer Croc and Margot Robbie with a baseball bat would be an effective strike team to take down a rogue Superman
>>
>>91177590
This.
I went into the theater telling myself "don't get too excited, the trailers were cool but Man of Steel was trash and the RT score is dropping as we speak".

I left the theater going "eh, that was okay I guess" and that gradually devolved into "wait, what about *plot hole*? Holy shit that was pure garbage" over the next 24 hours.
>>
>>91165150
A pretentious, self-important, dark, boring, poorly written mess.
>>
>>91165409

that anon called it an insult to cinema, he didn't say it was confusing. what's confusing about bvs at all? if you actually think the director of sucker punch made some sort of avant garde capekino that demands analysis or attention, you're too far gone
>>
>>91165150
This movie is pleb filter. You need to be a pleb to enjoy this.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 249x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 249x281px
>>91173921
>> Making the failures of the Snyderverse about the MCU
>> Again
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 160x160px
>>91174559
/thread.
>>
>>91174953

Batman has fought street crime for twenty years. How in the fuck would he be prepared to deal with a full alien invasion in MoS? He would be an idiot if he jumped immediately into the fire, rather than let the army do its thing while he is in the shadows. When Metropolis suddenly gets attacked, his instinct is to go and make sure his people in the city are fine. If the US military on full combat alert can't do shit, what can one man with no prep time or intelligence about the liens do with a single bat-plane?
>>
>>91177052

Just because they're magical beings doesn't mean they are somehow completely invulnerable to bullets and bombs. Enchantress' brother even gets wrecked by Diablo's Aztec magic fire, the bomb just finishes him off.
>>
>>91170126
What a hack
>>
>>91185021
How they are Superman killers then? Wouldn't a jet be enough to fucking kill both?
>>
>>91169599
>>91169499
>>91169476

What if it's just manierism?
Like Snyder likes those kinds of angle and reuses them again and again in scenes with similar layout.

You know, like Wes Anderson has a particular way of framing scenes. Or Micheal Bay always makes the same kind of rotating camera movements

Maybe the symetry is a side effect rather than the goal.
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.