[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth watching or is it a skip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: gravity falls.jpg (295KB, 1000x1463px) Image search: [Google]
gravity falls.jpg
295KB, 1000x1463px
Is this worth watching or is it a skip?
>>
>>91161955
Skip, SU does everything it tries to do so much better
>>
>>91161955
It's pretty good, watch it.

>>91161963
>This is what /sug/ actually believes.
>>
>>91161963
Great post! Well meme'd, anon.
Wait, you weren't serious, right?
>>
File: 300.jpg (29KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
29KB, 300x420px
>>91161955
Skip, because Alex is a Hack.

Now on the contrary, you can check this one out. Twice as good.
>>
Season 1 = godtier
Season 2A = godtier
Season 2B = shit
Weirdmageddon trilogy = unwatchable except for the ending
>>
>>91161955
Very good show with a slightly disappointing ending. It's quick so it's not like you waste time. Season 1 has some of the best comedy episodes of a western cartoon I've ever seen.
>>
File: Detentionaire.png (123KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Detentionaire.png
123KB, 320x180px
>>91161955
Watch this mystery-themed show instead.
>>
>>91162096
This.

>>91161963
No.
>>
>>91162008
Low budget cartoon made by mexicans with the only notable feature is that redhead.
>>
>>91162107
>No.
He's not wrong. Backstory is better, mystery is better, characters are better (SU doesn't have a single character like Mabel), the only thing it falls short on is the quips.
>>
>>91162111
>He thinks it's only because of the waifu
You fool, it has twice the amount of supernatural creatures, and a better villain than dorito meme.
>>
>>91162138

And whats wrong with mabel?
>>
>>91161955
You can skip it. Half the fun was watching it love and figuring out the mysteries, codes and Easter eggs along side a bunch of other people who were doing the same. Without that, the show loses its charm. If you want to watch it all now, it's still fine, but not nearly as good. Just be glad you didn't suffer through all the bullshit and hiatuses or watch Hirsch slowly break down because, "production is hard". That was truly suffering.
>>
>>91161955
I was 13 when this show started airing and it was mind blowing and amazing to me then. It helped that I could relate to it easily because I was the same age as the characters and I have a twin sister like Dipper. I kept up with it and I really enjoyed it, but what I recall most fondly was all the theorizing in the community. It does a good job of putting hints and stuff in the background but now that the show isn't running anymore you could easily miss all those details. Also the ending sucked, yeah. But overall I'd say it was worth the time I spent watching it.

And no I'm not underage the show came out in 2012.

Also
>4 years for two seasons
>>
>>91162138
>implying backstory is interesting
>implying mystery is ever unfolded
>implying the characters are good
>>
>>91162038
what was wrong with weirdmageddon?
>>
>>91162830

Tbh I kinda figured time baby and bill would throw down, but he just poofed them out of existence because lol reasons.
>>
>>91162830
Dreadful writing, full of plotholes, OoC moments galore, the list goes on.
>>
>>91161955
Ending's pretty bad.

It's a fun show to watch on random if you have nothing to do. Characters are fun too, besides that it's meh. Guess I have to applaud them for having an over-arching plot. Seems like cartoons try and avoid that these days.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.