[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit! How long was Rich in the Cancerverse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: Richardbeard.jpg (139KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Richardbeard.jpg
139KB, 640x640px
Holy shit!

How long was Rich in the Cancerverse?
>>
>>91157625
>>
>>91157636
>>
>>91157649
>>
>>91157649
>Scarlet Witch
>no Lord Mar-Vell in sight
Fucking Loveness.
>>
>>91157724
but lord mar-vell was incinerated by death?
>>
>>91157724
Also Doorman is still canon, fuck.
>>
>>91157770
they tried at least, they tried.
>>
>>91157765
>but lord mar-vell was incinerated by death?
The entire cancerverse supposedly was. Mar-Vell also appeared in the Original Sin tie though he was demoted to background thug because >bendis.
>>
>>91157765
I think when Bendis brought back the Revengers in his shit tie-in you can see Lord Mar-Vell in the background but because Bendis is a hack he didn't do anything and Cancer Cap was the leader.

Also for some reason we get Cancer Thanos even tho in this timeline Death didn't bring him back and he's suppose to be a stone statue if I recall.
>>
>>91157805
>>
File: doors-splash.jpg (19KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
doors-splash.jpg
19KB, 500x250px
>>91157770
I guess it hurt when Kamala and the other kids smeared their ex-avengers status giant dick all over his face back in issue 2.
>>
>>91157805
i wouldn't put it past it being rich is hallucinating as fuck tho.

lord mar-vell was dope tho. f
>>
Why Marvel would continue to bring back Mar-vell is beyond me. Doesn't that beat the point of his death? Way to shit on your legacy and the integrity of the original graphic novel.
>>
>>91157851
Cancer Marv is not the same one as the 616 Marv.
>>
>>91157814
This is pretty much it, the rest is just close ups and pencil drawings

I got them from Scott Hepburn's instagram.
>>
>>91157649
Wasn't Wanda good?

Oh yeah no one at Marvel read Thanos Imperative.
>>
>>91157765
So was the rest of the Cancerverse, why keep Marv down when retconned the rest to keep Bendis bullshit canon. Plus he was in the sin mini with everybody else but Bendis forgot he was the main villain and had Cancer cap be the aggressor.
>>
>>91157939
Of course they did, anon. The Bendis version that's it :^)
>>
>>91157625
Rich even manages to have cooler facial hair than Peter

>>91157960
I can't even get mad anymore
>>
>>91157625
Well, it's triggering to see all the Bendis revisions stay untouched, but at least we get to see him wearing the Prime outfit again.
>>
>>91157880
He's a hack excuse to milk more out of the OG mar-vell's legacy. No stories with the cancerverse have been anywhere near as good as old cosmic Marvel stories, anyway.
>>
>>91158190
All the stories about the Cancerverse after TI are pure shit since nobody writing them bothered to fucking read up on it.
>>
>>91158247
Amen
>>
>>91158247
True I mean why is it so hard to do that? Like if you're going to reference an old story at least bother with it.
>>
>>91158388
You don't even have to read the whole thing to learn one of the most important factors about the Cancerverse: that it ceases to exist at the end.
It's pretty hard to fuck that up, but Marvel finds a way.
>>
>>91157625
I really hope they wont kill the book

>>91158170
He still has it, only the helmet changed, apperently two pints of the star can now retract
>>
>>91158423
He has some other small alterations in his outfit.
Honestly, I think the artist just didn't feel like drawing all 8 points for the helmet
>>
>>91158423
That or Loveness getting shuffled out for a shittier writer are my biggest fears (and Perez replaced by Malin at least Hepburn is a good replacement even if he's temporary).

That said supposedly issue 4 did good in Comixology but that doesn't mean much unless the physical sales do good and the tpb I guess.

A lot of people are getting excited for it and the comic has good reviews so I guess who knows if it picks up, hopefully it goes back above 20,000's that's all I ask.

That said the only thing that can save the comic for good is if Marvel Studios announces a Nova movie or something and even then that might just prompt the idiots at Marvel Comics to give it to Bendis because he wants his name attached to a famous property.

>>91158445
Perez said there was an in story reason why the helmet changed.
>>
>>91158423
Issue 3 sold 19k, and I'm sure 4 did even worse. It's already dead
Unless the mid-credit scene in GotG 2 is Rich, there's no hope for it.
>>
>>91158505
Marvel burned their fans bad and most people just buy events nowadays.

Also Nova is not in Marvel's high priority list, Sam doesn't get as much love as Kamala or Miles from them and Rich coming back was so quiet some people only started finding out until issue #4 (also why is Rich quarantined to being in his own comic? At least have him pop up to help fend back the Chitauri invasion).

Also Duggan bringing his Nova Family pet characters to Guardians will kill any relationship or hope for crossovers that GotG and Nova might have.

They can also let Nova go and if people are upset they'll just say "We'll we tried" but honestly they probably knew it was going to die.

Yes the only thing that can save it would be Rich suddenly being announce for the MCU and even then that would just mean they need to relaunch Nova and give him to their high profile writers, so either way the comic might get severely fucked.
>>
I'm so demotivated with the new marvel, when i like a book i know it is going to be cancelled, i can't remember the last time a book i liked reached the 20 issues

>>91158502
>>91158505
At this point, i hope Rich will never be part of the MCU, i used to like th GotG, now i cringe everytime just by seeing their covers
>>
>>91158641
If they relaunched it after Rich being revealed in the MCU, it would see a huge surge. Definitely wouldn't be permanent, but it'd help the book tremendously. Look at what happened to Howard the Duck with his 5 seconds of screen time.
The biggest thing they could to do, though, is just get rid of Sam already. You can keep him in team books like Champions and whatever will take its place when that gets cancelled, but, for fuck's sake, Marvel has to know that he's the reason sales are so low on this.
>>
>>91158643
It's funny because when DnA wrote Nova he didn't have the best sales but they never (if not rarely) went below 20,000 and at some points they spiked up back to the 40,000 then set back to the 20,000's

>At this point, i hope Rich will never be part of the MCU

Gunn said in one of his Fbook videos that Marvel Studios were looking at other Marvel Cosmic properties because they wanted to expand the Cosmic side of Marvel and last year in one of his June videos he said there could be a chance of them doing a Nova movie (but Gunn himself said he wouldn't be involved).

Honestly I think at some point Marvel Studios will get to Nova but it's not going to happen until after Infinity Wars and when the GotG actor's contracts go up, but it will happen I mean what other Cosmic properties can Marvel do? I mean yeah they are more but they're going to have to dig for them and Nova is one of the more popular ones.
>>
>>91158716
Rich was never out of the top 100 when DnA were writing him.
Also, the guys writing the script for Ifinity War said they really want to have him show up
>>
>>91158714

Most Marvel readers don't give a fuck about Nova and the hardcore DickRiders won't buy the comic even if Sam is absent because they want Abnett to come back and write it (and those fuckers didn't even buy Abnett's cosmic comics while he was at Marvel so they shouldn't whine)

I will agree with you that Sam's home life and his dating problems are just boring to me and IDGAF about them.Nova should go full Cosmic, honestly people who want to read Nova, regardless of how Rich started, at this point don't want to read about teenager stories.

If they wan to keep Sam IMO just have him join Rich when he has summer vacation or whatever or just ignore the school stuff.

I like Rich and Sam's dynamic so I wouldn't want Sam to be shafted but I couldn't care about his mom and sister and no girl will top that alien cutie he flirted with.

>>91158759
Markus and Mcfeely are comic nerds so it wouldn't surprise me that they would know who he is.
>>
>>91158818
I think one of the biggest reasons average comic readers don't feel like bothering with it is because of the stigma Sam has brought to the name "Nova".
Rich was never able to make a big name for himself, and most people look at Nova and think of that annoying douche who's a write-in for Jeph Loeb's son.
Another huge factor this book is getting wrecked in sales is because Marvel didn't lift a finger to advertise it. The reason they did that, though, is probably because of how pathetic their returns have been with Nova for the past 5 years and saw it as a waste of money.
The least Rich deserves after everything he went through is a fair chance to prove he can sustain a series on his own.
>>
>>91157939
>Wasn't Wanda good?
might have fallen to the corruption- especially with Vision dead
>>
>>91158984
Vision's death propelled her to do her final act of good before Mar-Vell fed her to the angled ones.
She shouldn't be there at all
>>
>>91159016
to the many angled-ones, her corruption might have been more useful.

She had a last push of goodness, then lost everything keeping her not corrupted. Easy-peasy to explain.
>>
>>91159026
Here's a better explanation: Bendis couldn't resist another chance to shit on Wanda
>>
>>91157636
Wrong shield for Cap.

>>91159042
He probably didn't care and Ed just fucking skimmed Thanos Imperative and drew her because he saw her there.
>>
>>91157625
From the looks of that beard a long ass time (Gamora said he was gone for years).

Richard Rider's life has been one big suffering roller coaster since the Annihilation war.
>>
>>91158502
why don't they use Sam or Dick in the GotG cartoon
>>
>>91159203
What are you talking about? Rich died saving us from the Cancerverse
>>
>>91158890
Dickfags are really just fags
>>
>>91159240
No interest I guess and Wacker is a hack.

Also for some reason the Novas in the GotG cartoon are like the MCU Novas meanwhile Sam, who is suppose to be in the same universe, has his Black Nova powers so continuity is retarded.

That said Wacker said he wanted to do an Annihilation adaptation for the GotG cartoon and honestly I think it will suck, especially if Rich is not in it.

>>91159268
I like Rich but hardcore Dickriders annoy the shit out of me.
>>
File: RichVenom.jpg (502KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RichVenom.jpg
502KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>91159291
Seriously, like Dick's solo series have kinda sucked for decades including half of his last run
there a million human Green Lanterns flying around and that's cool but two Novas in the Nova corps is too much?
fucking a
og New Warriors and Thanos Imperative is fun but so is Sam's NW, CW tie-ins, Duggans run and now Loveness
>>
>>91159467
And DC can fucking make those Green Lanterns sell, yet Marvel sucks ass with the Novas, it's the fucking editors.
>>
>>91157939
Bendis included her in the original sin arc. The Marvel Handbook explained it that after she died, she was brought back because "no death" and getting brought back to life caused her to get corrupted.
>>
>>91159502
Marvel can't make any Cosmic comic sell, before the movie stuff gotg were not selling.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.