[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Korra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Legend_of_Korra_concept_art.png (192KB, 409x230px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Korra_concept_art.png
192KB, 409x230px
Can /co/ redpill me on TLOK? I genuinely enjoyed it when it was "airing" (Even I knew the network was just taking a massive shit on it before I got really into animation/cartoons.) I haven't been on /co/ that long but have already notice a looming hatred for the show.

The romance plots felt so awkward, the plots felt underwhelming ('Cept season 3) and the ending felt soooo selled out. But besides that, what made it fall so short to the Avatar before that?
>>
What really destroyed it is the fact that Bryke aren't really professional writers, pure and simple. They can write decently enough when directed by someone like Ehasz, and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>91146250
Why don't you just watch The Last Airbender and form your own opinions?
>>
File: Cyanide caps.jpg (48KB, 503x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cyanide caps.jpg
48KB, 503x300px
>redpill
>>
>>91146370
Fuck off Tumblrina SJW, it's a perfectly valid term.
>>
>>91146250
>I can't form my own opinions, help me 4chan!
>>
>>91146369
>>91146447
OP did form his own opinion, he's asking for opinions of his opinion.
>>
>>91146250
>Redpill
aka
>tell me what to think and feel 4chan!!!

Christ
>>
>>91146411
lmao stay triggered /pol/tard
>>
Korra's problem is she never learns.

She keeps making the same mistakes each season, and gets bailed out in the end.
>>
>>91146509
>/pol/tard
>triggered
>>
>>91146489
>>91146370
Sorry, browse /k/ and a bit of /pol/ mostly so the vocab might linger a bit. I'll watch my tongue next time.
>>
>>91146595
Nah, I I'm just giving you grief.

Honestly, /co/ has a bit of disproportionate hate-boner for Korra. I feel that stretching out what was originally a single season special into four mostly-connected seasons hurt it more than anything else: Korra's character doesn't progress at all from 2 until halfway through 3, and characters clearly written without any intent of later use are suddenly being given their own arcs.

I feel that better initial planning or more time between season 1 and the later three would have helped.

Still, not the vile trainwreck /co/ thinks of it as.
>>
>>91146951
LOK's failure has NOTHING to do with the number of seasons/episodes/villains/plots/etc. It's a meme.
>>
>>91146995
...the failure itself is a meme?
>>
>>91147042
No, that "explanation" for the failure is.
I maintain that e.g. Ehasz could have made it at least as good as ATLA even with all that bullshit.
>>
>>91146951
Yeah I felt that too, like wow. All that in little more than a year?? That's Republic city destroyed twice. I liked. Season three the most because Korra was the target, not the city or her friend, or bender. Just her. It gave the dreadful feeling throughout the season. They should've focus more the characters being the prime targets.

Also

>missing the chance to have a bending war between Kuvira's army and the Navy.

I want WW2 in bending.
>>
File: lok-gl-yj Saturday morning.jpg (208KB, 1388x420px) Image search: [Google]
lok-gl-yj Saturday morning.jpg
208KB, 1388x420px
>>91146250
I was enjoying it episodically when it was airing.

Then the network gave it the biggest of middle fingers and stuck the episodes online without airing them and it was just impossible to be on /co/ without spoilers in every thread regardless of the thread topic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.