[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this how to make a good movie about games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: good material.jpg (42KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
good material.jpg
42KB, 1200x800px
Steps:
1: Come up with an original IP that could actually be taken as a game franchise
2: Pitch it to animation company
3: While being produced, be sure to stick in a fuckton of references to other games
4: Obtain licence to use characters from other games
5: Generate hype by posting a trailer using said characters you got the licences for
6: Release movie with good tie-in for actual game in movie
7: ???
8: Profit.

>then you realise the actual game-tie ins are absolute shit for shovelware
>related pic is prime example
>>
Wreck it Ralph didn't even get a game did it
>>
>>91132844
I think all it takes is good writing and respect for the medium.
A lot of videogame related movies are either terribly written or made by people who still think things like high scores and level numbers are still relevant.
Wreck it Ralph was made by people who were both good writers and understood the material they were working with.
>>
>>91132942
Does Sonic all star racing transformed count?
>>
How to make a good movie about games: ignore the advice gaming community because they are all terrible people seeking validation and wouldn't know good writing if it came up and bit them on the ass.

And then write a movie about games.
>>
File: WirGame3.png (735KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
WirGame3.png
735KB, 1280x717px
>>91132942
Actually, it did. Had its own console release(terrible) and a playable online version of Fix It Felix JR(good).
>>
File: fix_it_felix_arcade.jpg (597KB, 1082x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fix_it_felix_arcade.jpg
597KB, 1082x1920px
>>91132942
>Wreck it Ralph didn't even get a game did it
>>
>>91133465
>That Tezuka-ass anime border
>That non-LED backlit header
>That non-existent Japanese video game company, rather than "Copyright Disney"
I fucking love attention to detail like this. The only thing I could have a quibble about is the giant modern Ralph on top, but I can't fault it for that because it doesn't affect the game itself.
>>
>>91133542
The giant ralph on top isn't part of the machine. Someone just put a toy there. That machine is also rare as all hell outside of Disney World. Kansas City and New York are the only other places I know of that have one.
>>
>>91133846
This one was in Pelham, NH at the Pinball Wizard Arcade.
>>
>>91133465
Bump to find out who actually makes these machines.
>>
>>91133846
Do you know how many were made? I didn't know it was that rare. I got to play one at Megacon a couple of years ago.
>>
>>91136265
I found an article saying about 2 dozen were made. Still no idea who actually manufactured them.

https://venturebeat.com/2014/04/18/got-20k-you-can-get-the-arcade-machine-from-wreck-it-ralph/
>>
File: IMG_9628.png (352KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9628.png
352KB, 576x768px
>>91132942
It got a mobile version of fix it Felix. Ralph even says "I'm gonna wreck it!" too.
>>
>>91138282
Is it heavily compressed audio like what Sinistar did, or is it completely clear?

Because that'd make me sad if they put all that attention to detail only to introduce crystal-clear audio in a game supposedly made in the 80s.
>>
>>91138337
It sounds like early games with CD Audio not exactly clear, but not exactly digitized either. It also has no background music. But, when you get to the end of a number of stages, the residents throw him off the roof. I would kill for a perfect version of Fix it Felix as shown in the movie. If they can go ahead and develop a version of Super Fix it Felix or Wreck it Ralph jr (that are legit games like they would make in the NES era) that'll be great!
>>
>>91138337
>>91138552

I'd expect an app port of an allegidly 35 year old or so game to do that kind of updating anyway.
>>
>>91138337
>>91138552
Ok, went back and watched the tailor for the movie. When he says "I'm gonna wreck it!" It sounds like it does in the trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=COC8W8uLdI8
>>
File: WIR.png (2MB, 1979x805px) Image search: [Google]
WIR.png
2MB, 1979x805px
>>91132942
>>91133465
I wanna add that the arcade near me also has a Fix It Felix game and they go a step further by listing it on their website as being released by a fictional date and fictional company.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.