[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You now remember the webcomic Goblins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 600px-SAD.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-SAD.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
You now remember the webcomic Goblins
>>
>>91132263
I remember reading the first couple of chapters and enjoying it, then it went full edgelord and the creater went off the rails and what the fuck even happened?
>>
Eh I still enjoy it.
>>
>>91132406
Didn't the writer go full SJW, only to get accused of being a rapist?
>>
>>91132263
No, can't say I do.
>>
File: Goblin Girl.png (403KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Girl.png
403KB, 1000x500px
I'd rather remember better goblins
>>
>>91134796
[image of /v/tan rubbing his chin]
>>
>>91132263
that would require me to have membered it in the first place
>>
>>91134796
s-sauce?
for purely christian reasons, honest
>>
>>91136553
it's a one-off gag from phoebe and her unicorn
>>
I remember when there was this best webcomic contest and it came down to a big fight between Goblins and Gunnerkrigg Court. It was weird, I had never heard of Goblins before and I couldn't figure out where all this popularity so far.
>>
Surprised that the art still looks like dog shit
>>
File: ew, I don't like em.jpg (8KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
ew, I don't like em.jpg
8KB, 264x264px
I still don't quite know how I feel about Goblins. I know it was bad and yet I read the whole thing. I think its biggest mistake was trying to do both funnay D&D metahumor 'lol they're aware of their character levels and poke fun at the rule system' AND grimdark 'D&D is a nightmare world of endless suffering'.

Things I liked:
*The fundamental premise of monsters deciding to be adventurers is cool. Wish he'd actually gone somewhere with it.
*Characters have clear motivations and mostly don't do stupid things for no reason
*Magic being unpredictable and incredibly dangerous rather than boring and formulaic.
*Inventive, interesting dungeons which if I played tabletop games I'd probably want to run with my buddies
*The Axe of Prissam, a magic item so cool I can remember its name
*Big Ears in general, brave little guy, too pure for this world
*K'Seliss or whatever his name was
*A couple of nice scenes like when what's-his-face rips the dungeon guardian's throat out or the bad guy torturer getting impaled on the pipe

Things I didn't like:
*Constant attempts to shock the audience and build up emotion to the point of exhaustion and absurdity.
*Characters constantly screaming, crying or screaming while crying
*Body horror. So much body horror. Particularly permanent mutilation and fatal transformation, sometimes both at once. The fact that the author has psychological problems that make him fascinated by body horror only makes it worse.
*Ironically blood is drawn pretty badly, behaving more like red paint most of the time
*B-plot with much less interesting characters which grows to the point of eclipsing the main plot
*The human supremacist is 60% tree???
*Villains not especially interesting.
*The author's massive, blatant cash-grabbing fundraisers to the detriment of the story (in his defense, his fans were dumb enough to pay up)
*A goblin with wings? The fuck?
>>
>>91132263
don't know much about this webcomic, but whenever i see images or mentions of it, it reminds me of the fluffle abuse threads on /b/ for some reason
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.