[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The things you miss in comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: feer.jpg (1MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
feer.jpg
1MB, 2063x3131px
What's the adversity with characters ever settling down in a relationship? It feels like every marriage aside from Reed and Sue has been broken up in this decade and the last one, and of them only Superman's has been fixed.

Pic kinda unrelated since Betsy Ross was dead a long time before but it still counts since I wish Bruce was still alive.
>>
>>91123228
Writers have been corrupted by shippers online. That's why there's so much focus on it in Dragon age and Mass Effect, it's why Korra spent so much time on who's banging who, it's what killed Young Justice by taking up so much time the plot had to be rushed to fit in. Stable relationships get in the way of partner swapping.
>>
File: 253.jpg (286KB, 1216x1952px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
286KB, 1216x1952px
>>91123228
>and of them only Superman's has been fixed.

Give it time, anon. A lot of good things tend to follow his example.
>>
>>91123228
Lois/Clark are still around

As is Arthur/Mera.

The only one I miss are Iris/Barry and Johnny/Alicia.
>>
>>91124886
That and most people don't have a stable relationship so for many reading about one is more discouraging than encouraging to continue the book/show. I mean hell that's how both talk shows of the 80s reality TV of the 90s claimed the market so hard, people want to see suffering that they can wither relate to or feel better about themselves. I feel things like Super dad is more the exception than the rule. Same with Spiderman's marriage, he had such a shitty life that having a 10/10 super model wife didn't fix most of his problems.
>>
>>91123228
Whatever happened to Red She-Hulk, anyway? They've got TWO Red Hulks running around these days (new dude with the handlebars in USAvengers currently).
>>
>>91126187
Bruce depowered all the Hulks before depowering himself. Thunderbolt Ross is locked away somewhere after that so there's only 1 Red Hulk.
>>
Marvel seems to have an unspoken rule that almost none of their characters can have a relationship that goes beyond flirting and a couple of awkward dates. They seem obsessed to keep everyone in a constant state of will-they-wont-they?

That's why I found it hilarious that people actually thought Gwen and Miles were going to be an item. It's like they never read Ultimate Spider-man.

Thankfully, Titania and The Absorbing Man's relationship has survived thus far
>>
>>91123228
The answer is that it's harder to write an interesting stable relationship than one filled with needless drama.
>>
>>91126513
>Titania and The Absorbing Man's relationship has survived thus far
So far.

She was pretty pissed about him having a relationship while being mindfucked in Pleasant Hill ( but the new Illuminati series died before they could get around to having them get into the messy breakup drama ).
>>
>>91126740

Thora. I forget which issue.

Didn't Titania bitchslap Creel & then turn herself in the name of Sisterhood or some such shit?
>>
>>91126465
Jen still has her powers. She's having issues with her Hulkouts due to being traumatized by Bruce's death.
>>
>>91126854
I wish.

4 issues & no hulk outs.

Please.
>>
>>91123228
The main problem with relationships in comics is that settling down is almost like the ending of the story for most of these characters as their never ending quest of superheroing is untouchable. Marvel or DC don't want the journey of their characters to ever end so they won't let them ever settle down.

>but anon, plenty of married couples can actually tell stories about superheroing and marriage, it's not impossible.
I know. But for that to work, the writers would have to put some effort. Like, actually put some work on writing stories. Writing a believable stable couple is much MUCH harder than just halfassing a will they won't they dynamic. And is an even extra effort for the lazy idiots that pass as writers on the year 2017. Add to that the fact that no single writer wants to inherit ANY story or plot from a previous one, combined with their deisre to see their own crack ship they did a fanfic for on the 80s/90s become canon while they can make it possible...

...And you get the sad state of shipping on comics. The best advice is never get attached to it and actually complain as fuck that the love story is taking space of what could be a good superhero story.
>>
>>91126854
And she haven't tried to beat the shit out of Clint? Man, Marvel is terrible.
>>
>>91125781
Most people ain't got radioactive spider blood neither.
>>
>>91127269
This, writing a good relationship and keeping it interesting requires effort that most writers don't want to bother with.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.