[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sandman good, or overrated? Should I read it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Morpheus.png (108KB, 438x254px) Image search: [Google]
Morpheus.png
108KB, 438x254px
Is Sandman good, or overrated? Should I read it?
>>
>>91119420
It's good and overrated and you should read it.
>>
>>91119420
Yes, you should read it. You should read all of it.
>>
You should read it because then you can answer the first question yourself and not have to rely on the opinions of anonymous internet posters.
>>
>>91119420
It's mostly overrated 90s trash for mall Goths
>>
Maybe you should try it and decide if you wanna keep reading it.
>>
>>91119420
It's an overrated comic.
It's very weird and moody, I recommend it.
>>
>>91119449
First post best post.
>>
>>91119420
Everything is overrated. Especially when you gotta prove you're jaded and wordly.

Sandman is good. It was worth my time to read it, and read it again.
>>
I read all the original ones years ago, was there a new thing that came out or am I making that up?
>>
>>91119693
Sandman Overture
>>
>>91119420
its good
don't let the Fan Base turn you off
>>
>>91119733
Is it good?
>>
>>91119420

Do you always ask for opinions to decide before you read a book?

If so thats pretty sad, how much do you really think your time is worth?
>>
>>91119785
My time is worth nothing, but I'd rather spend it reading something good.
>>
>>91119742
I liked it, even though it does feel a bit different from the other books and I can't really explain why.
>>
>>91119852
Does it not have the same atmosphere? It's the atmosphere that makes me really love sandman.
>>
>>91119420
It's fantastic. Don't ask about it in manchild-capeshit central
>>
>>91119839
>Universally praised series of books by an acclaimed fiction writer even outside of comics.
>"HMM I SHOULD ASK ABOUT THIS INSTEAD OF JUST CHECKING FOR MYSELF"

No seriously, do you fucking ask this about EVERY book you read?
>>
It's beyond good. Only comic to ever give me the feels.
>>
>>91119896

The art is ridiculous:
>>91118372
>>
It's shit. Use your time reading something better.
>>
It's good and you should read it. Sandman is one of my favorite comics, and for the most part it still holds up.

That being said, so many people have praised it that it's probably overrated at this point. The first 7 issues are also a bit weak. I would almost recommend skipping to issue 8, that's the point where the series really starts getting good.
>>
Anons are being fags. It's not a small amount of reading, so I understand asking for a recommendation. It's overrated as fuck, but still a good read. Lots of literary references along with great characters and occasionally a beautifully written passage. Go for it anon.
>>
>>91119420
Are you a girl?
Do you enjoy romantic vampire stories?
If you answered yes to either, then read it.
>>
>>91119896
It definitely has the atmosphere of the other books, but the art layout will make things feel a bit different.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.