[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amy Pascal: Spider-Man Out Of MCU Following Spider-Man: Homecoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 455
Thread images: 59

File: Capture.png (287KB, 856x441px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
287KB, 856x441px
Amy Pascal is a blithering retard
https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1558354
>>
>>91119338
She's just blowing smoke. Stop worrying, OP.
>>
>>91119338
How did you get "Out of the MCU" from what she said?
>>
HOMECOMING IS NON-CANON
MKEKS BTFO
HOMECOMING IS NON-CANON
MKEKS BTFO
HOMECOMING IS NON-CANON
MKEKS BTFO
>>
>>91119516

Sony and Marvel made a 2 movie contract, Sony might get greedy for example.
>>
It actually makes sense that they would want to renegotiate the contract at that point Sony would have to be retarded to give spiderman back to them with no strings.
>>
>>91119537
Anon every project this women have been is being a trainwreck, you really want to believe her
>>
>>91119752
But she made the new Ghostbusters movie that all the critics and Tumblr loved!!!!

Women are funny, anon. Get over it.

*mic drop*
>>
>>91119537
Homecoming and it's inevitable sequel are canon. Everything after that and all the spin-off movies like Venom and Silver Sable are non-canon. In fact, they're NEGATIVE canon. They're so non-canon that they make Agents of SHIELD canon.
>>
>>91119629
But I thought they came out of the gate back in Feb 2015 saying they have a 4 picture deal
>>
File: NEIdmgM9gj3lLI_1_b.jpg (47KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEIdmgM9gj3lLI_1_b.jpg
47KB, 600x316px
The rational side of me took this as her saying having to be literal for the time being as they only have a two movie contract but hopes for more collab in the future with disney/marvel. But then again, why even mention it all in the first place?

The more cynical side of me thinks Avi Arad has successfully re-asserted his utterly toxic influence and has planted the idea for Sony to jump ship on the MCU and reboot spider-man again to join the new Sony-Spidy universe he's beginning with the Venom movie then Black cat movie. He might want to use the revitalised public interest that comes from Homecoming and spider-man in the MCU to convince the execs at Sony that they could make more money by rebooting spider-man and having his movie rights solely to Sony again

Given how incompetent sony are as shown by the leaks makes me more inclined to believe the latter
>>
Sony execs are the reason child safety labels were created.
>>
>>91119829
>But then again, why even mention it all in the first place?

This. At worst you say "Our current contract is only for Homecoming and its sequel, but if everything works out well I would love to continue working with them."
>>
File: Seven of power.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Seven of power.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>91119777
>They're so non-canon that they make Agents of SHIELD canon
Damn, that's some high level non-canon.

Also, checked.
>>
12 B I L L I O N
B
I
L
L
I
O
N
>>
>>91119880
It's all a bit suspicious because there was really no reason why she had to say all that stuff to begin with

Makes me think internally they've already got their minds set on leaving the MCU after the sequel. I fucking wish we could get another email leak to see them fucking up again
>>
>>91119338

not good news for you at all. ITCH BITCH.
>>
>>91119338
This is just an SJW shitskintastic liberal movie
With nu male spiderman on the side

I can't believe marvelfags will defend this
>>
>>91119914
Venom movie, 3.5 billion and trilogy potential easy. Bring back Garfield for the sequel, 5 billion.
>>
Amy Pascal got fired. Why people even care about her. She and Tom Rothman are one of the biggest dumb fuck executives who've worked on Superhero movies.
>>
DONT MAKE ME GET IN MY ZONE. DONT MAKE ME GET IN MY ZONE. DONT MAKE ME GET IN MY ZONE. DONT MAKE ME GET IN MY ZONE. DIN T MAKE ME GET IN MY ZONE.

STUNNA
>>
>>91119943
The fact that they've announced they're going through with making their own MCU using Venom, Black Cat, and Silver Sable kinda points to that, yeah. It'd be stupid to invest that much into their own MCU based around Spidey characters while not using Spider-man.
>>
>>91120017

ISLAM

MECCA

SLAM
>>
>Spider-Man vs. The Amazing Spider-Man
>>
>>91119338

it means after the 2019 movie they want to renegotiate. After it makes 1b they won't wanna make the movies themselves.
>>
>>91120006
She wasn't fired. She just got demoted.
>>
That cunt still has a job?
>>
I don't see how this is a negative. If Marvel's Spider-Man sucks, we'll at least get Felicia Hardy.
If Marvel's Spider-Man succeeds, at least we'll get a good movie. A win-win situation.
>>
>>91120585
She got demoted then re-promoted back to her original position after the email scandal died down.
>>
I like Spiderman being in the MCU but there's a part of me that misses all the crazy rumours of ways in which Sony executives seem to want to deliberately fuck the franchise up as much as possible
>>
So, Spidey is only in the MCU for two solo movies and two Avengers movies?

Well, at least we get to see him in Infinity War.
>>
>>91119638
There ARE strings. Sony's getting all of the profits from the Spider-Man movies.
>>
>>91119338
Good. #BringBackAndrew
>>
How cute. She thinks Sony Pictures will still be around long enough to make that kind of decision.
>>
>One of the things that I think is so amazing about this experience is that you don't have studios deciding to work together to make a film very often.

>In fact, it may never happen again--after we do the sequel.

Eh, this is what I get.

I think she's just saying that on the Sony side, they get to have Marvel to make two Spider-Man movies for them while on the third one, Sony will make it by themselves without Marvel Studios.

But on the Marvel Studios side, they still can make MCU movies where Spidey get to make an appearance.

So yeah, when it comes to the universe itself, Spidey will still be in it. He'll make appearances in MCU movies, just that his solo movies past the 2nd one isn't gonna be handled by Marvel Studios and perhaps won't feature characters from the MCU ever again. There's really nothing disappointing that came out from Amy's words.
>>
Spider-Fags deserve this. They've been non-stop asking for Spider-Man in the MCU, and then they want Spider-Man to take over the MCU. Fuck him. He stopped being interesting after Spider-Man 3.
>>
File: RCO013.jpg (178KB, 455x1115px) Image search: [Google]
RCO013.jpg
178KB, 455x1115px
>>Spider-Man's appearance in Civil War was just an advertisement for Sony's films
>>
>>91120622
>If Marvel's Spider-Man sucks, we'll at least get Felicia Hardy.
I'm not following.
>>
>>91121144
I'm wondering how Marvel will handle Spider-Man dipping in and out of the MCU. It's kind of weird to prop Spider-Man up only for him to vanish.
>>
>>91121934

They get to use spider-man in avengers 3 and 4. Marvel gets to sell spider-man merch. Star wars and spider-man toys make lots and LOTS of money. This is good for disney to put spider-man in avengers movies.

Sony had always said they were still planning to do spin-off movies and that the deal merely changed dates. Them not being in the MCU is shitty and stupid as fuck. Someone needs to slap sony and tell them to play nice.
>>
>>91119777
Trips tell the truth.
>>
File: bruh.png (202KB, 240x635px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
202KB, 240x635px
>>91119537
>HOMECOMING
NOT CANON
>SHITFLIX SHOWS
NOT CANON
>AGENTS OF SHIT
NOT CANON
>GOTG 2
NOT CANON

THE MCU IS CRUMBLING BOOOOIIIISSS
>>
>>91119820
>civil war
>homecoming
>avengers 3
>spider sequel
>>
>>91122026
Hell, if they tie Venom, Black Cat and Silver Sable to the MCU, they probably would break $500 mil each. I mean, it's not like Marvel Studios is filming much next year. Just Captain Marvel.
>>
>>91119338
Wait, Amy Pascal?
Wasn't she demoted after the leaked emails?
>>
File: Shocker.jpg (16KB, 200x355px) Image search: [Google]
Shocker.jpg
16KB, 200x355px
>>91122013
Yeah I can totally see all the fans asking "Hey, Strange is fighting Nightmare in the Dream Dimension, where's Spidey?" or the Avengers battling Kang on his orbiting star destroyer and everyone's all like, "Why isn't Spidey swinging by."
Nothing to do with the fact that Spidey is a guy who bops bank robbers and individual crazy mad industrialists, and isn't known for trying to save Sokovian cities from being dropped from orbit.

He's not Batman, Marvel doesn't have to pretend he's indispensably useful against all threats ever.
>>
File: ZZ79B4971E.png (486KB, 1100x466px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ79B4971E.png
486KB, 1100x466px
The fucking monkey's paw!
>>
>>91122013
At this point just do a Spiderverse movie and write everything off as multi-verse shenanigans, done.
>>
>>91120147
2 billion easy
>>
>>91122125
She was promoted back after the email scandal died down.
>>
File: dont add up.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dont add up.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>91122375
So wait let me get this straight. You demoted someone after a huge company wide fuck-up that caused problems for months. Then you promoted them back after it all died down?

What fuckin logic is that?
>>
>>91119338
Not really, they have the rights.
Why the fuck are they gonna just let the schlomos from Disney rake the dosh?
>>
>>91122321
>Spidey: But I wanna go home to my family!!!
>SonySuit1: Nein, Mista Spinne-Mann, Ve only wanted your family's money! Now that iz finished ve bill rape! Isn't that right, Adolf?
>SonySuit2: Ja, Hans. Ich bin so excited so rape the Spinne-Mann, Meinen Schnitzel ist so hard!
>SonySuit1: After das Venom solo film and SilverSable film, ve vill make ze aunt may film und den ze Trouble movie den Maximum Carnage with Gwen as Carnage!
>SonySuit2: Time to rape ze Spinne-Mann! Seig Heil!!!!!
>>
>>91122433

The kind of brilliant logic Sony is known for COUGH!Ghostbusters!COUGH!
>>
>>91119338
Well the trailer that came out today looked absolutely awful. Does Spider-Man have the same curse as Superman - where their first two movies were good, but everything after that was hot garbage?
>>
>>91122433
Sony is devoid of logic
>>
>>91122668
Except Man of Steel is one of the greatest cape films of all time.
>>
>>91122303
He's fucking Spider-Man. You can't just bring a character everyone wants to see in the films and build him up and then have him vanish completely.
>>
>>91122833
Sure you can.
>>
>>91122321
>>91122648
I swear, I hate that picture cause of how insistent Spider-Man fans are.
>>
>>91119752
She may be an idiot, but she is in a position of power.

And, if she's a narcissist, claiming credit for other's success and then fucking over the people who did the actual work will be second nature to her.
>>
>A contract negotiation
Big fucking deal. Besides, Amy is just bitter because its out of her hands now. Why? Because Sony Japan is sick of her and Sony Pictures shit. When the contract is up for renewal, nothing will change except distribution of profits/merchandising. In the meantime, Amy is busy fucking up Venom and trying to make normies give a shit about Miles Morales
>>
>>91123000

I really, REALLY hope Sony Pictures is on its deathbed. They're a bunch of morons and its been going on for too long.
>>
>>91123175
They're hemorrhaging money, and Sony Japan has wanted them gone for years. They have better concerns, mostly around the Playstation. The only reason why Sony Pictures agreed to Marvel Studios terms is because Japan DEMANDED it. The leaked emails exposed the level of incompetence going on, and they had enough. Better to take the fucking paycheck instead of driving the Spider Man IP into the ground
>>
File: 2016 box office.jpg (86KB, 807x834px) Image search: [Google]
2016 box office.jpg
86KB, 807x834px
>>91123175
Disney is taking all the monies.
>>
>>91122433
Standard corporate strategy.
>>
I honestly can't see this really happening
>>
>>91123342
This is why monopolies are bad. The film industry is such fucking trash these days.
>>
>>91123342
Disney has a real shot this year at talking 1/3 of all domestic box office, while still making less individual movies than all of the other studios.

Unprecedented.
>>
>>91123342
Wait wait

WB was the studio with the second highest amount of money? How does that work? Weren't they losing money on BvS and SS?
>>
>>91123342
And Sony actually tried to sell Spider-Man for $5billion?
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 242x208px
>>91123463
>26%
>monopolies
stay in school
>>
>>91123493
Look at the number of films they released vs Disney. All that extra production and marketing budget to still fall a billion short.
>>
>>91123504

They assumed the "Toby Maguire vs Andrew Garfield" crossover would be THAT successful. These people are clinically insane.
>>
>>91123342
From what I understand, Disney only gains profits from crossover Spider Man appearances. Homecoming, and any other standalone, is made by them, but revenue goes towards Sony Pictures. Not sure about merchandising profits, but whoever is getting that is making bank. Fact is Disney has the dough to make several movies FOR Sony without much of a loss, considering it still helps their other IPs. Depending on Sony's financial status by the Homecoming sequel, Disney's army of lawyers may gain more control over the property
>>
>>91123342
Oh shit! Lionsgate is the devil!
>>
>>91123540
Lots and lots of cocaine.
>>
>>91123493
They didn't lose money. BvS was a letdown for not hitting $1 billion. SS did well without a China release. Fantastic Beasts keeps interest in the HP universe going. They had a bunch of mid-range movies do solid, although not quite to the level Universal did in 2015.
>>
>>91122105
>>SHITFLIX SHOWS
>NOT CANON

take it back

for real though even accounting for the fact that they can't really cross over due to scheduling and shit, I feel like Spider-Man and the Netflix shows should at least reference one another
>>
>>91123556

>Not sure about merchandising profits, but whoever is getting that is making bank

Disney and Hasbro.
>>
>>91123540
That, and a Aunt May movie, followed by a Sinister Six movie.....not featuring Spider Man. Not to mention Ghostbusters "Alien Ghosts" idea was thought to make bank. Im trying to fathom what decisions they'll make for Venom
>>
>>91123539
It still doesn't explain why they're in second place, shouldn't they be lower down?

I recall reading lots of news that WB had a really bad year in 2016, did all the other studios somehow do even worse?
>>
>>91121601
> Marvel Studios shoehorn Spidey into their movies.

> Sony then cucks them hard, MS having just made Spidey the centre of the MCU.
>>
>>91119829
There's no fucking way a fourth reboot would get the Okay in such a short span of time between Garfield and Holland.
>>
>>91123510
I meant as a whole you fucking dunce. These studios keep buying up companies just to shit out garbage a dozen times a year.
>>
>>91121369

>I wheezed at how funny this is

Bravo Anon
>>
>>91123493
Dude, SS made 750 million.
>>
>>91123613
it'd be nice considering Kingpin and all
>>
File: 1468028641017.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468028641017.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>91122105
>citation needed
>>
>>91123632
Did you read that report on /co/? They had a bad year in 2015 because they barely released anything. They made a ton of money this year.
>>
>>91123680
That's fucking absurd.
>>
>>91123613
Its really becoming a glaring issue at this point. Dont get me wrong, I understand that this one way canon, and that nothing within the Netflix area will influence, nor should it, the larger MCU. However, whats really distracting is no one mentioning the web swinging elephant in the room. You hear people talk about The Devil of Hells Kitchen running around NY all the time yet NO ONE seems to mention the friendly neighborhood Spider Man trekking across the city? If it doesnt come up after Homecoming, it never will
>>
>>91123626
Venom vs. Carnage
Venom vs Scream
Venom vs. all of the Symbiotes
>>
>>91121724
The thing that irks me is Spidey fans complaining about Tony or any Avengers being in Homecoming when Spiderman pretty much had a huge chunk of a Captain America movie given over to him.
>>
>>91123632
That chart doesn't figure in the expense of making said movies.
Sony and WB both tend to make incredibly expensive films. For what they are, the Spider-Man films cost way, way too much.

WB dropped 65 million just to make Affleck's gangster vanity picture, and it made 20 million WORLDWIDE.
Remember, WB has made several DC films that didn't even recoup their production budget, and more that were effectively a wash. (none of them DCEU, but we have Wonder Woman coming up with Catwoman's 100 mil budget so hold on to your ass).
>>
>>91123716
I seen 9 year olds dress like Harley Quinn. I was in the checkout at Target and this little kid begged his parents to buy him Suicide Squad.
>>
>>91123716
Blame teenagers and stupid women wanting to dress like sluts for Halloween (which Im not against but fuck you, Harley hasnt been Harley for some time now)
>>
>>91123680
Didn't they need 900 million to break even?

Sorry but I don't really know how these things work, again I'm just repeating what other people said.
>>
>>91123756
It does feel odd though when Spider-Man's opening film centers around Tony Stark.
>>
>>91122303
They are filming stuff in New York for Infinity War...Which I suspect will be Spidey centric.
>>
>>91123797
>I seen 9 year olds dress like Harley Quinn.
So the movie was worth it, then.
>>
>>91123756
Well let's put it this way.

In Iron Man, there was just Iron Man.
In Captain America, it was just Captain America.
In Thor, it was primarily just Thor.
In Ant-Man, it was pretty much just Ant-Man.
>>
>>91123840
Die, pedo scum.
>>
>>91123746
I could see the Netflix shows mentioning it. All of them except maybe Luke Cage mentioned the Avengers.
>>
>>91123777
>WB dropped 65 million just to make Affleck's gangster vanity picture, and it made 20 million WORLDWIDE.
PFFT! That's hilarious
>>
>>91123806
Rule of thumb: 4chan doesn't know anything about anything.
>>
>>91119638
Sony is not giving back anything m8

Are you b8ing or you really thought Marvel got or will get the right backs?

The deal was explained already. Mcu people can crossover to SOLO SM, and SM can crossover to the MCU to help promoting the both brands.

Sony keeps the rights for the whole spider-man franchise, has complete creative control for SOLO movies and gets complete profits from solo movies.

Those are the "strings". Sony gets Marvel to legitimize the new reboot and get free marketing
Marvel gets to revitalize the mcu.

Thats it
>>
>>91122433
It's common practice in many professions, sadly.
>>
>>91123852
I'm not hearing a "No."
>>
File: Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg (54KB, 725x461px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg
54KB, 725x461px
>>91123797
Harley is the first female superhero who isn't forced to act like the other heroes "Mom" figure.
Black Widow even comments on having to pick up after the boys. Wonder Woman is the stoic "supr srs" JL member with the boys quipping about "Thought she was with you". Guarantee WW will be the least entertaining character in JL.

Harley is actually FUN and aggravating and irreverent, and thus finally broke the popularity barrier.
>>
>>91123887
You dont get it anon.

The Mouse GETS what the Mouse WANTS.

This will only lead to Disney ripping it from them via litigation.
>>
>>91123900
Die, pedo scum.
>>
>>91123613
The Kingpin actor actually wants his character to fight Spider-Man. That would be awesome.
>>
File: Ben.jpg (106KB, 634x777px) Image search: [Google]
Ben.jpg
106KB, 634x777px
>>91123865
Why do you think Ben has been going around looking like this and binge drinking?
WB pretty well owns his ass til he makes back that 45 million.
>>
>>91123826
A problem of working within a previously established universe. Blame Civil War, Peter's interaction with Stark and the accords that are rapidly starting to apply to Spider Man. Homecoming is basically the movie we need to retread if the sequels has any hope of being great. Hopefully by that time Stark will have fucked off and the Sinister Six will be approaching, ideally anyway.
>>
>>91122433
You know how we make fun of pretty much every stupid decision every WB or Fox exec has ever made? Sony are so incompetent they make those other execs look like geniuses
>>
>>91123913
>Harley is the first female superhero who isn't forced to act like the other heroes
>Harley is the first female superhero
>Harley
>hero

also Scarlet Witch and soon to be Wasp.
>>
>>91123950
I don't feel like entering an infinite loop with you tonight, so I'll just say that we can at least be thankful that we aren't getting a live-action Miles Morales film.

Because he has no personality.
>>
>>91123465
It might be to with Disney making not-shit movies. Not saying everything they do is gold, but they seem to be less stupid than the other studios, and do seem to value quality at least to some degree.

Sony values quality to no degree.
>>
>>91123917
Disney is reaching the point where they could BUY Sony, and sell off everything they don't want for themselves. Sony is struggling across every market that isn't Console gaming.
>>
>>91123991
Die, pedo scum.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>91122321
Tell me about it. Although at this point I can't give a rats ass about the MCU. It's all the safe formulaic quip fests over and over. Guardians is lelrandumb comedy and Thor 3 looks like a kindergarten play. Really disappointing to see Spider-Mman turned into a High School Musical style film starring RDJ.

Inb4 DCuck. DCEU is hot garbage. Looks like Logan was the last hoorah of capeshit for me this year.
>>
>>91123975
>WB pretty well owns his ass til he makes back that 45 million.
>only 45 million

You mean 90 million, anon.

Remember, practical break even points are 2 times the listed budget due to theater cuts and advertising.
>>
>>91124029
I mean, honestly. What is appealing about Miles that anybody would give him a movie?
Bonus points if the movie you give him isn't an origin story or a blatant allegory for current events.

He's like Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. Without retooling his character and backstory for the MCU, there's nothing in the comics to suggest that he'll be of any long-term interest.
>>
>>91123986
She's the protagonist of SS. They most "villainous" thing she does in the entire film is ride shotgun while Joker speeds, and break a window in a demolished, conquered city.

They seem to have no intention of using her as a villain.
>>
>>91124027
Exactly.

Its not an if, or even a when, but a how Disney will get Spider-Man back.
>>
>>91124040
>It's all the safe formulaic quip fests over and over.
Like a broken record
here (you) go.
>>
>>91124040
>Looks like Logan was the last hoorah of capeshit for me this year

>not Lego Batman
>>
>>91123977
If there was no Stark people would ask "hang on, what about the Accords won't they affect Spidey".
>>
>>91122828
This. But non ironically
>>
>>91124027
Its looking like Sony Japan might just cut their losses and just sell the movie division to the mouse. Disney already has their foot in the door, and playing the long game. Sony Headquarters is having a hard enough time as it is trying to cater to the ever changing/demanding gaming market, and its not like their TV division is like it used to be. Im beginning to think NuGhostbusters was a desperate attempt to hold off a possible liquidation from Japan
>>
>>91123840
>>91123900
>>91123991
>>91124078
Die, pedo scum
>>
>>91124081

didn't she help kill Robin

also dancing in that club when she knows Joker will kill anyone who sees her regardless of what they say is pretty evil
>>
>>91124081

Its funny how they're planning a big 'Gotham City Sirens' movie around her and touting it as some kind of "female empowerment" film.

Because a Stockholm Syndrome victim who is regularly abused, wears barely any clothing, and murders for fun is the definition of "female empowerment". What is this, Lifetime?
>>
>>91124142
Plus, if you give Miles a movie, that just adds more money to Bendis' pockets.

And we do NOT need Bendis to have so much money that he can quit comics foreve-

oh shit, let's start a petition
>>
>>91123917
The mouse doesnt get shit or else they would have spiderman already after the shitfest that were tasm 1 and 2.

Hell, they cant even get the ff back and at this rate not even fox wants them

The only thing Sony has to do is keep making movies and spinoffs to keep the character. They will do them. They willbe horrible. And there is nothing literally nithing that Marvel could do.
>>
>>91119338
>She said the collab might not ever happen again after the sequel
>Might

So if Homecoming and the sequel don't do well Amy Pascal would just reboot it again?
>>
>>91123493
they have other movies than capeshit, you know?
>>
Disney's market cap is 180 billion to Sony's 40 billion. Even Nintendo passed up Sony this year.

Disney could easily take over Sony, keep the film library, sell the Vidya back to the Japanese, and the struggling electronics division to whoever in Asia.
>>
>>91124213
>underestimating DA MOUSE
Listen fucker
>>
>>91124124
Exactly. Homecoming is really a bigger challenge for Disney than people might think. Ignoring the Stark shit that they have to include, they need to establish Peter AGAIN while still offering the audience something new. Sinister Six has the potential of being the next, be it smaller, arc that will continue after Infinity War
>>
>>91124206
>Because a Stockholm Syndrome victim who is regularly abused
That was entirely removed from movie-Harley, cut from the film, and burnt.
She's a quirky, happy-go-lucky crazy gal with a "Bad Boy" boyfriend who LUVS her.
>>
>>91124213
>after the shitfest that were tasm 1 and 2.
Despite what /tv/ says those were highly profitable films. 750 mil globally is a shitload of money despite the memeing of the worse half of this board.
>>
What would guys rather have in a Spider Man sequel, Ben Reilly being cloned becoming Scarlet Spider or introduce The Prowler as a supporting character?
>>
>>91124259
Overstimating them

If they dint have the FF yet which are probably valued in 200 usd as in 200, not 200m then they cannot get shit.
>>
>>91124365
>acting like they havent already got it

Marvel TV is co-producing X-Men shows, anon.

Big Kev and the guy in charge of Fox after Rothcunt left are good friends too.

FF is back home, and soon if not already.
>>
>>91124365
Why pay when you can get it for free?
>>
>>91124365
The difference being FF is in a different weight class than Spider Man in terms of popularity/recognition, and Sony has financial problems unlike FOX. Simply put, trying to wrestle over the FF rights is a bigger hassle than its worth, Spider Man on the other hand is both possible and profitable
>>
>>91124365
Fox is 50% larger than Sony, and have a contract that allows them to keep Fantastic Four rights perpetually. Fox knows that when the current Avengers stars get too old for this shit, Marvel will come knocking for their "Other team" back.
>>
>>91124413
When/how would they reveal that news anyway, if true? I mean I'd lose my shit if I saw Galactus hanging out with the other cosmic entities in Infinity War
>>
>>91124413
This.
>>
>>91124450

Fox also knows that if they ever try to release another FF it will be laughed out of theaters.
>>
File: Secret Wars.jpg (294KB, 815x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Wars.jpg
294KB, 815x1280px
>2023
WB finally gets past delays to make JL climax with Darkseid.
Disney announces this for the same month.
>>
>>91124487
Ideally, Galactus/SS cameo in Guardians or Avengers.

Perhaps even a nod to Doom.
>>
>>91124526
All they have to do is roll the dice with a 50 million Deadpool budgeted FF.
>>
>>91124613
>FF
>Ever working on a Deadpool tier budget
>>
>>91124526
Problem is FOX could shit out an animated HERBIE movie and still hold on to the rights for another 7-10 years. Remember its not just about money, its about making sure your rival business doesnt earn a dime too.
>>
>>91124324
Didn't they have scenes where the Joker electrocuted her and threw her into a vat of acid?

Well I guess it's okay cause she asked for it.
>>
>>91124655

Yeah, totally not an abused victim.
>>
>>91124027
Just don't go to /v/eogaf and say any of that, jesus you should see the shit storm that came when Zelda beat the shit out of that boring ass sony open world game.

They stomp their feet and piss them selves if you question the sony overlords.
>>
>>91124693
>>91124655
50 Shades of Gotham, guys.
NY Times Best-seller. For the ladies.
>>
I think what they should do is just go full Silver Age with Fantastic Four.
>>
>>91124724

Speaking of cinematic garbage...
>>
>no one wants to see the venom movie because it's mcu non-canon
>i know! i'll tell them spidey will be out of the mcu after two movies so they think he'll be part of our cinematic universe later and will watch our movies!
>>
>>91124655
>threw her into a vat of acid?
I seem to recall him asking her to fall back into it.
Maybe my memory is faulty.
>>
File: 3435678.jpg (14KB, 175x330px) Image search: [Google]
3435678.jpg
14KB, 175x330px
>>91119338
Wait, I thought that bitch was already fired by Sony since February of 2015. Why did she assume that Marvel and Sony might not continue Spidey/Holland tie in
>>
>>91124599
See this is why Disney desperately wants the FF back, not because of the team itself, but from the associated villains that come with the packaged deal. Seeing The Surfer in Guardians would be cool, but Dr Doom is the best choice for an overarching villain after Thanos fucks off to the farm. Either that or Kang I suppose, but I really want to see Doom done right this time. Hell, theres plenty of groundwork laid out already to accommodate Doom.
>Latveria can be a neighboring Sokovian nation
>Stark level tech meets Dr Strange style magic
>>
>>91119338
Isn't this the dumb bitch that thought that making a Raimi SpiderMan VS Amazing Spider Man movie would rake in billions?

What kind of shitshow is Sony running if she still has a job
>>
File: Incredibles.jpg (299KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Incredibles.jpg
299KB, 1920x1200px
>>91124785
>not because of the team itself,
You seriously think that Disney can't make a family-friendly FF team that will sell broadly to audiences? Anon, they did it 35 minutes ago.

Ohwaityourserious.jpg
>>
>>91124771
Golden parachute.
>Pascal started her own production company, with a four-year contract for funding and distribution via Sony Pictures Entertainment.
>>
>>91124865
Reading comprehension you idiot.
>>
File: Tranktastic 4.jpg (10KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
Tranktastic 4.jpg
10KB, 283x178px
>>91124865
Fox looked at this,
and made a body-horror film that makes BvS look upbeat and light.
>>
>>91124865
>I cant read for shit
Hows it feel being a retard? Again, they dont just want the FF themselves
>>
File: tumblr_nqdixnWJ9O1sm0n9yo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqdixnWJ9O1sm0n9yo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x274px
>>91119338
So the homecoming films is just one big bait for the plebs and normies to love spiderman sony again

very sneaky
>>
File: Banner Ruffalo.png (164KB, 354x252px) Image search: [Google]
Banner Ruffalo.png
164KB, 354x252px
>>91124915
I understood your post just fine.
You misunderstand that the MCU works on the strength of great villains,
Which tells me you don't understand the appeal of the MCU at all.
>>
>>91124060
When will you fags stop with this? You don't know the first thing about the film industry.
>>
>>91124950
>this was so bad even /tv/ in their ongoing need to be contrarian about absolutely everything couldn't work out a way to spin it
>>
>>91125008
Because its true you idiot.
>>
>>91125037
No it's not, you fucking moron. Stop believing everything you read on 4chan.
>>
File: GotG.jpg (94KB, 725x483px) Image search: [Google]
GotG.jpg
94KB, 725x483px
>>91124915
>>91124959
Again, you honestly believe the villains are AS or MORE important to the deal than the heroes themselves.
The only villain they've re-used is Loki, who they turned into a sem-sympathetic Anti-Villain.

Oh and I guess 3 seconds of Thanos repeatedly.
>>
>>91124990

When casuals are saying "give the rights back" then maybe they should take a good look at what they're doing wrong
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (80KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
80KB, 480x640px
>>91125082

You forgot the most prominent villain in the entire MCU
>>
>>91125082
Its because they are you fucking idiot. Im not saying MCU villains are good, Im saying Disney wants the next threat after Thanos. Galactus, Kang, Dr Doom, all fit the bill, but they cant use them. And no one said Disney couldnt make a FF movie you mong, its just that given the causal audiences current contempt for them after 2 bland movies and one terrible one, Disney isnt going to just rush one out.
>>
>>91125162
... Grant Ward?
>>
>>91124990
Sony is making it look like the DCEU WB knows what they are doing

top kek

tho Sony is now farming a new legion of crazy fans that will defend them so they can keep the Spiderman rights
>>
>>91123913
>Harley is the first female superhero
already wrong in the first half sentence, congrats
>>
>>91125174
Non-canon.
>>
>>91125168
>after 2 bland movies and one terrible one

Let's be honest, the other ones were also terrible, just less so
>>
>>91124785
Fox owns Kang too.
>>
>>91125206
Are you telling me we've been getting Spider-Kino all along?
>>
File: Doctor Doom3.jpg (69KB, 440x374px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Doom3.jpg
69KB, 440x374px
>>91125168
1. Nothing stops them from using Kang, certainly not the FF rights
2. They haven't touched the Masters of Evil, Nefaria, High Evolutionary, Taskmaster, or most of the villains associated with the individual heroes like The Leader or even "real" Mandarin.

I understand you have a boner for Doom and Galactus (I do too), but the MCU is far more hampered by the need for a replacement for aging Robert Downey Jr than for villains normies barely recognize, and then only from terrible movies.

Calm your tits.
>>
>>91125168
Fox owns most of the Cosmic rogues gallery, but Marvel owns most of the Mystic villains.

Fox Owned Villains:
Galactus
Doctor Doom
Kang
Klrrt
Shi 'ar

Marvel Owned Villains:
Dormammu
Shuma Gorath
Chthon
Set
Nightmare
Mordo
Surtur
Satannish
>>
File: harley.jpg (700KB, 1280x1099px) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
700KB, 1280x1099px
>>91125234
>already wrong in the first half sentence, congrats
None of the DCEU Suicide Squad are any more "villainous" than the Guardians of the Galaxy, who are pirates, assassins, killers and thugs.

Face it, Harley Quip is a bona fide Superhero now. And the first genuinely popular one of this era.

She bats down Evil Putties and Sorceresses and isn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>91125345
Why would Fox own Kang?
I believe you are wrong there.
And the Shi'ar are a bunch of boring aliens with a Legion of Superheroes rip-off team.
>>
>>91125295
>Nothing stops them from using Kang
Actually, yeah there is. They dont own Kang (yet)
>Masters of Evil
Could happen, or perhaps the Thunderbolts. We'll see. But they need more villains to fill that out.
>Leader and the Mandarin
Not going to happen. Leader is fucked by Hulk rights and they have no interest revisiting Mandarin.

They're not worried about losing Tony, they have some mileage left on Black Panther, Dr Strange, Ant Man, and Captain Marvel yet.
>>
>>91125239
See:
>>91119777
>>
>>91125402
Gunn confirmed that Fox owns Kang.
>>
>>91125361
*genuinely popular female one of this era.
>>
>>91125402
Kang is technically associated with the FF, at least as far as the rights are concerned, and FOX owns his purple ass
>>
>>91125082
>>91125295
Disney was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil permanently for Galactus and Surfer.
>>
>>91119629
>>91122120
>>91119820
Seems legit.

The problem is that for Sony the deal is leveraging Spider-Man in a way that they don't want - tying him explicitly and permanently to the MCU would make it very hard for them, say ten pictures from now, to reboot and do their own thing if they felt they weren't getting what they should out of the deal.

If for example Sony uses of the characters were being held up by Marvel Studios requests or the course of their own movies was being dictated from another studio, and this was happening in a way that benefited the other studio but not particularly Sony.

So it's smart to not sign up for anything indefinite, and that includes making it clear that the deal is under constant scrutiny. Maybe there's a lot of requests going through to see what Sony actually think they own (since it won't necessarily be clear). Good enough to put out some reminders that what Sony does own is Spider-Man, indefinitely.

Ultimately, that's the problem Sony faces: they don't have the FOX problem where it's just about pumping them out until they stop selling and the rights revert, they've got a whole other problem of having to consider the 10-year, 20-year view - probably long after the current executives have gone, in the main, but necessary to placate shareholders who rightly want to know how Sony is maximizing the potential of this billion-dollar property. After all, if it can keep making billion-dollar equivalent grosses decades from now (and a decade and a half from the first time it did so), that's good business.
>>
>>91125402
Kang is owned by Fox do some research
>>
>>91125295
Not that guy.

They literally can't use Kang because he's with the FF for some reason.

>going from Thanos to Zemo and a bunch of literally whos as the final boss
Amy Pascal stop posting. They might do a nice storyline post IW if they kinda pull an Onslaught.

The only villain in the MCU powerful enough to top Thanos and that also is somewhat recognizable among the casual public is Dormammu. In terms of profits Galactus or Doom would be a much better choice.
>>
>>91125409
>Could happen, or perhaps the Thunderbolts. We'll see. But they need more villains to fill that out.
They have:
Abomination
Zemo (give him some serum)
Enchantress and Executioner as of this year
Klaw as of Black Panther
They could easily drop a couple of "new" villains in the same film, like a Chinese Radioactive Man, Melter, whatever

Have Arnim Zola as the Robot mastermind, have him bring back a real Crimson Dynamo with Vanko's brain ala Robocop 2 and you are good to go.
>>
>>91125490
>They literally can't use Kang because he's with the FF for some reason.
He's tied up with them due to Rama-Tut being an FF character first I believe
>>
>>91125410
See
still non-canon
>>
>>91125522
Sorry but trip-7s beats dub-2s.
>>
>>91125514
>put all the leftovers of the MCU in a team and call it thunderbolts
Fucking horrible.
>>
File: Mandarin.jpg (411KB, 1680x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin.jpg
411KB, 1680x800px
>>91125490
>Galactus or Doom would be a much better choice.
Dormammu is "recognizeable" from the last 5 minutes of a semi-popular movie.
Normies associated Doom and Galactus with a string of terrible movies they didn't enjoy.
You are confusing Comic nerds with what actually makes Disney billions.

They made The Mandarin a drunken british idiot, and while you REEEEEEE'd, normies threw more money at it than Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>91125580
Still non-canon, bud.
>>
>>91125588
That is how the Masters of Evil actually works. They are Marvel's Legion of Doom.
>>
>>91125514
>Enchantress
She isnt in Thor anon, Hela is. And Abomination is a Hulk property so thats more red tape to go through thanks to Universal owning him. Why do you think Hulk hasnt had a sequel?
>>
>>91125605
Galactus and Dr. Doom are still far more popular and recognizable than Dormammu by a mile, they probably forgotten about him at this point. Dr. Strange wasn't that popular.

It doesn't matter how many bad movies they were in, it'll happen exactly the same that's happening with Spidey.
>this is it guys! they're gonna make doom/galactus right!!!
And it'll surely draw more money than if they use anyone in their current roster.

>normies threw more money at it than Batman vs Superman.
Are you this fucking stupid? Nobody gives a shit about the Mandarin. People were paying for RDJ.
>>
>>91125648
Universal only has distribution rights. Marvel can use all the characters as long as the movie isn't called "Hulk" or named after any Hulk storyline or supporting character.
>>
Villains by Hero:

Captain America - Red Skull, Zemo

Iron Man - Mandarin

Thor - Loki, Surtur, Enchantress

Black Panther - Ulysses Klaw, Kilmonger, Namor

Doctor Strange - Dormammu, Mordo, Shuma Gorath

Scarlet Witch - Chthon, Set, Master Pandemonium

Vision - Ultron, Kang

Captain Marvel - Ygron, Moonstone
>>
>>91125708
>Namor
>Moonstone

>Ultron
>Kang
>vision villains
Holy fuck you're a casual!
>>
>>91123556

That's not how contracts work bro but nice pipe dream.
>>
>>91125470
>Ultimately, that's the problem Sony faces: they don't have the FOX problem where it's just about pumping them out until they stop selling and the rights revert, they've got a whole other problem of having to consider the 10-year, 20-year view - probably long after the current executives have gone
I doubt it. No executives as bad as Sony Pictures ever think about what happens after they are gone.

What is more likely, is that current Sony Pictures executives are worried that once Homecoming becomes the biggest Spiderman movie ever made, they would end up becoming useless. That they would be exposed as the meaningless sacks of shits that they are who have no business running a film studio.

The fact is even though they get all the profits from Homecoming, the executives couldn't TAKE THE CREDIT for it. It wasn't their idea for the team up, Sony Japan did it. So it literally hurts them if Homecoming do well. Homecoming is going to make them look bad. And if this continues on in the future then their jobs would be at risk.
>>
>>91125700
Actually, Marvel wouldnt get any cash from it regardless of name. Had it been something as simple as a title change, we would have gotten the Hulk sequel by now. The character has to piggyback off Avengers/Thor to stay relevant anon
>>
File: Ant Man Rudd.jpg (27KB, 655x374px) Image search: [Google]
Ant Man Rudd.jpg
27KB, 655x374px
>>91125695
>Are you this fucking stupid? Nobody gives a shit about the Mandarin. People were paying for RDJ.
EXACTLY my point. They pay to see the heroes.
Or don't pay, as it may be. Strange could have went against anyone and it would still hinge on the Strange performance, not the villain or his recognition factor.

And honestly, all the "Ar u dis fuckin stoopid" stuff just screams underage B& at the rest of us, even if it isn't the case.
>>
>>91124785

All this delusion is hilarious.

Fox has been in a pissing match with Disney for years. You're never ever getting the FF rights back, they released a steaming pile to keep them in F4 2015 film.

Never, ever.
>>
File: 1487447452609.jpg (44KB, 424x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487447452609.jpg
44KB, 424x640px
Death's Head, even a small cameo, would make me cum. Team him up with Taskmaster for extra fun, yes?

According to Empire Magazine, he was listed in a long list of potential movies back in 2007-2008.
>>
>>91125771
Name as in "it can't be a Hulk solo movie, or Hulk supporting character solo movie." You took that post too literally.
>>
>>91125797
A few years ago, this was considered triply true for Sony's cash-cow Spiderman.
And yet here we are.
>>
>>91125797
Nowhere in that post does it say they would get the FF back, only explaining WHY Marvel wants them. No one sees Marvel getting them back anytime soon.
>>
>>91125846

Yeah except Sony never released anything like (F4) 2015, that shows determination. You have to really want something to release that at all instead of scrapping it, because if they did it would eat the rights and they'd lose their prize. Fox is not Sony.

They took several losses and made up for it with Deadpool and now Logan.
>>
>>91125846
Not really, Marvel never took a shit on Spider-Man (not intentionally at least) to spite Sony like they did with FF/Muties and Fox.
>>
So what was the fucking point of getting rid of the TASM crew? Fuck.
>>
>>91125978
Because Garfield went full dishonorabru on the nip execs
>>
>>91123342
You know...when people say how that FOX and Sony should give their Marvel rights back to Marvel...it kind of makes DIsney too powerful. Like, FOX and Sony would probably plunge in that chart.
>>
>>91125939
Just because F4ntastic turned out terrible, doesn't mean it was a genuine attempt at making a successful movie.
They threw 120 million and a well-regarded director at the effort. It would have been a Uwe Boll movie with a quarter of that budget if it was just a contract grab.
>>
>>91120652
She left her position and made sure she got a producer spot and an office on the Sony lot. She specifically wrote herself into the Spiderman Homecoming contract.
>>
>>91125782
>s-stop being rude -y-you are underage
Please go back to whatever safe space you came from, faggot. It's ironic you're talking shit about being underage when you're the pedantic faggot adorning your posts with MCU caps.

>people went to see Thor because they liked Thor
Loki carried those two movies. In Ragnarok the public is more interested for a supporting character (Hulk) than the so called hero.

By the time Iron Man was released people were already riding the MCU/Iron Man dick, no casual knew who the fuck the Mandarin is (they still don't), it's obvious he was the one people were paying to see. If they made their villains actually good people would want to see them, but they keep shitting up bland as fuck bad guys so nobody cares about them. It's completely stupid to undermine a an antagonist marketability like that.

Dr. Doom and Galactus can actually generate enough hype to attract viewers with the "Marvel is doing them now" shit alone.
>>
>>91126068

I never said it wasn't 'originally' I meant after the failure during the production, instead of pulling the plug, they knowingly released a heap of garbage to keep the rights.

The intent changed during how badly production went and they bumped executive producer to director and completely locked out old director from production like he was a child to be put in timeout.
>>
>>91126190
So they'd just eat the full 120 million as a loss?

That's not even logical.
>>
>>91126253

It made back some money and Deadpool made nearly a billion dollars during it's movie release, first week digital and well over a billion during dvd release last year.

It did better than something retarded like top 50 other dvds combined for nearly a half a year or something.

Deadpool for one movie made up for their three biggest losses as a single write down and still made them something obscene like 240ish million profit.

People don't realize how big of a success it was. It made something like 20 million from first week of digital release(which they released early) and that doesn't even add in second sales rights to HBO and stuff like that.

The FF rights are worth a lot of money, the villains alone are worth a lot of money and they know it.

The first FF movie before capeshit really took off in 04/05 still made triple it's budget.

They took other losses along with the F4 movie too, and they can afford that when you get huge wins, especially unexpected ones.
>>
>>91126253

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fantasticfour15.htm

to show you numbers, they probably spent even more than that 120 million, they did a lot of advertising too, it was probably closer to 200 million at least.

They recouped about half of their losses.
>>
File: 1385399532588.png (270KB, 652x720px) Image search: [Google]
1385399532588.png
270KB, 652x720px
>>91126366
>It made back some money
>Budget 120m
>Worldwide $167,977,596
Plus marketing and 100k of damage property courtesy of Josh Trank's doggos.
>>
>>91126442

Better than if they never released at all, they would have lost the FF rights, even if the project really cost them something closer to 300 million to do if you add in advertising budget. Potential loss of the IP was worth so much more.
>>
>>91126489
>Better than if they never released at all
Yes, but that's common sense, you don't just throw 120m+ bucks into the trash if you have even a slight chance of getting some money back, the tiny budget, and other cape movies making money despite poor reviews allowed that possibility and to top it all they "killed" the IP in the process.

Your claim that it made "some money back" is wrong. Tranktastic was a terrible business.
>>
>>91126577
He's simply saying that they managed to take less of a loss with it's awful box-office, not that they profited from the whole thing.
Merchandising rights to the movie probably offset much of the marketing for it, so it likely wasn't a massive loss of cash for them.
>>
>>91126637

pretty much this, it was a bad loss, just not as bad as it could have been if they let it die without being put out there.

better to eat some crow and recoup costs than let your bottom line take a massive hit
>>
>>91126658
>>91126637
I was specifically talking about Tranktastic by itself not the F4 rights as a whole.
>>
>>91126784

That's not what I was talking about though. So good for you?
>>
>>91126796
>anon makes a claim
>no that's wrong
>anon starts making a completely different argument and changing the goalposts
Sorry bud, you were wrong.
>>
>>91126831

What are you talking about, I was never talking about what you were talking about. This guy got what I was saying >>91126637

You were talking to someone else before me you delusional idiot.
>>
They must believe that Venom movie is going to be a huge success if they're already assuming they can just walk away from Disney.
>>
>>91127004
Except for the fact I never antagonized your claims. As I said before I wasn't even talking about the F4 rights, you autistic idiot.

>You were talking to someone else before me

>jumping in a conversation and start spouting shit about an entirely different topic for no reason
>i-it wasn't me!!!
Either way you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>91127066

Im sorry, you're not arbiter of all conversations, asshole.
>>
>>91127162
More like don't go and start arguments if you don't know what the fuck the other person is talking about, shitstain.
>>
>>91127209

Except I wasn't making an argument, you were delusional shitbag.
>>
>>91127221
Nice backpedaling, retarded mongoloid.
>>
File: 12648176841.jpg (47KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
12648176841.jpg
47KB, 296x300px
i think F4 is in a daredevil situation right now

FOX is neck deep in deadpool and x-force stuff right now, so that will be their front burner projects

2 reboots is an impossible hurdle for FOX to overcome. raimi's trilogy was still overall good than bad, and trank's F4 pretty much killed any hope for the next few years

fox will have 2 outcomes; 1) do a deal with marvel, just like sony did with spidey. sort of has a chance, after the ego trade with guardians and legion/mutant shows, the relationship seems to be getting better. 2) they'll try to get a reboot off the ground, but will run out of time and the rights will revert like daredevil did and blade did with new line.

if they try to reboot a 3rd time, it'll most likely flop because "not my MCU" is still a very powerful demographic as well as the fact that no studio has done 3 reboots and succeeded.

the crazy part will be disney will have made 2 incredible movies FOURTEEN years apart and still be better F4 movies in spirit than FOX would've done in 4 attempts in 10 years
>>
She's upset that Feige stopped returning her calls after he got what he wanted.
>>
File: 1486767816692.jpg (45KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1486767816692.jpg
45KB, 640x496px
>>91122105
>Not cramming "shit" somewhere into the title of Guardians 2 after doing that to two previous things
Inferior shitposting
>>
File: Salieri.jpg (9KB, 274x233px) Image search: [Google]
Salieri.jpg
9KB, 274x233px
>>91127494
>"not my MCU" is still a very powerful demographic
On 4chan.
Fox still gets to put the Marvel logo in front of their films, and that is still worth hype to general audiences. Trank's movie didn't fail because MCU fans rejected it; it failed because it completely rejected everything that people like in the MCU films.
>>
>>91127494
F4 under FOX is pretty much cursed now. Unlike other film series which are considered bad but still has fanbases or people interested enough to watch to reach box office goals like Transformers, Slasher films and so on, Trank4 was a critical failure to critics and the public and Fox taking out another one would be a loss for them unless they do a Deadpool to save it, meaning either
>They lowbudget F4 to keep the rights, recuperate losses from the X-Men franchise
>They do a connected universe with X-Men (whcih they already tried with a post credit in F4 and failed)
>>
>>91127494
3) They can't make new FF movies without it flopping.The bubble bursts. Capes no longer make money. They get stuck with an unprofitable IP.
>>
>>91127617
I like to think Fox has the better middle ground of the three cape studios. MCU is at its top but likely the formula's getting stale. DCEU is at the bottom trying to climb up with news controversies dragging it down and then there's Fox whom, has both stale formulas and a couple of movies that's mediocre but beyond that there's always the surprise movies because they decided to take risks and change the formula and do R-rated oneshots.
>>
>>91127669
You can't lowbudget the FF, the minute they get their powers you've entered into the SFX money-zone.
The Thing alone eats money while onscreen.
A Thing costume just ain't gonna cut it in this day and age. Croc spent most of the movie in a coat and hood in the dark, his face is onscreen for very little actual time.
>>
>>91127617
>The Amazing Spider-Man
>Age of Apocalypse
Deadpool and Logan were legitimately loved by casuals despite their association with the Marvel brand.
>>
>>91125708
You just started reading comics 2 years ago didn't you? And you haven't even delved into the back catalog. I started 2 years ago too and I'M not this fucking casual.
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44KB, 705x691px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44KB, 705x691px
>>91127709
>The bubble bursts. Capes no longer make money.
>>91127729
MCU is at its top but likely the formula's getting stale.

The only thing that's getting tired and stale is listening to people say this Every Single Year.
It started immediately after the first Avengers movie, and you need to quit it.
>>
>>91127784
It is true enough for me. Dr. Strange's plot bored me to tears. Antman was near linear if not for the fun Heist take on the superhero movie. Spider-Man's trailer seems underwhelming when compared to Ragnarok and GOTG. Let's not forget Ironman 2 and 3 being disappointments and somewhat similar.
>Antagonist seems like they're from x country and are terrorists
>nope it was business people all along pulling the strings
>>
>>91126166
>Loki carried those two movies. In Ragnarok the public is more interested for a supporting character (Hulk) than the so called hero.
MCU Loki didn't exist before Thor 1 so people went for Thor not Loki.

People are looking forward to Ragnarok for the setting and plot mainly. This movie looks so vastly different from the other two Thor takes people think that this time it might be a fun movie. I'm inclined to agree. James Gunn has set this precedent of MCU Cosmic = Color and Spacepunk so at least the movie will be very visually pleasing.
>>
>>91127755
it's still possible to make an unappealing movie with a Marvel Logo in front of it; AoA was Singer wearing out his tired-ass single plotline, ASM and ASM 2 earned more than half the films in the MCU library, simply because Spider-Man is incredibly well loved by young boys, and they don't get a lot of movies to get excited about each year.

The X-Men and Deadpool are inextricably associated with Marvel and Marvel comics, just like Spider-Man. It gives them a synergistic bump as the MCU thrives, but it's no guarantee of huge success, as Agents of Shield surely shows.
>>
>>91127883

Please explain that with different words.
>>
>>91127834
Disney will somehow continue to succeed despite your jaded attitude and Aspergers.
You and those like you are a fringe in every generation.
>>
>>91127916
Nah, you can't seem to accept opinions differing from you, aspergo.
>>
>>91127862
>MCU Loki didn't exist before Thor 1 so people went for Thor not Loki.
It's called word of mouth, anon. Iron Man didn't exist before the movie and yet it still was a box office hit and the same happened with GotG. Tom Hiddleston completely stole the spotlight in the first Thor movie.

>People are looking forward to Ragnarok for the setting and plot mainly.
While I agree with you, (that's entirely the reason I'm hype for that movie), I still hold that the casual audience is still going to see it because it has the Hulk on it. They don't know jackshit about Thor mythos to be interested in the plot.
>>
>>91127883
Eh....I still think AoS at least has one more season in it. It's literally the only show they have on the ABC slate besides a short Inhumans run.
>>
File: Marvel Studios.jpg (6KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Studios.jpg
6KB, 306x165px
>>91127896
Xavier and Magneto's high-handed attempts to "win" Wolverine is tired as fuck.
Spider-Man's baseline box office is somewhere around Doctor Strange-Suicide Squad even if it's complete shit.
This logo is a nice boost for any cape film, if they don't make another Incredible Hulk-type fiasco.
Oh and Deadpool is an abberation that floated on massive hype, anticipation and Reynold's playing a character he's practiced his whole life.
We'll see if the magic is repeatable.
>>
Reminder that this is the same cunt who wanted the MLP movie to be Smurf-tier shit.
>>
>>91127996
Despite the Wolverine tedium it's amazing that Logan managed to be refreshing.
>>
>>91127883
TV is a weird case because despite having Samuel L. Jackson and other MCU actors on it nobody ever cared about AoS. The Netflix shows sell like hotcakes, even Iron Fist is one of the most popular shows there despite the racial controversy.

Spider-Man, Wolverine and Deadpool have a pre-established fanbase and are likely to sell, but if Fox tried an obscure character movie it'd do below average box office, so the studio brand actually matters.
>>
>>91128042
Imagine Tim Rothman and Amy Pascal having a child.

What's he like if he works in the movie business?
>>
>>91121601
>Sony will make it by themselves without Marvel Studios.

But they'd need at least some input from Marvel to make sure everything fits in terms of continuity.
>>
File: REd Skull.jpg (3KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
REd Skull.jpg
3KB, 194x259px
>>91128042
I wanted everyone who bought a ticket to a MLP movie without a child under the age of 13 to be led to a separate theater and gassed, we don't all get what we want.
>>
File: justasplanned.jpg (18KB, 379x359px) Image search: [Google]
justasplanned.jpg
18KB, 379x359px
>>91128069
>Fox higher up once thought Deadpool was an obscure character

and I chuckle to this day
>>
File: tumblr_o8iwupWks51uo85qxo2_500.gif (886KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8iwupWks51uo85qxo2_500.gif
886KB, 500x225px
>>91119338
This movie is just a ruse for Marvelfags to stop their campaign of getting spiderman back to Disney
and actually shill for Sony just look at deadpool

And it will probably work especially if this movie reaches 2 billion
>>
>>91128048
I say the same for Tony in Civil War. They managed to make him interesting again and it seems they're continuing with that characterization in Homecoming.
>>
>>91128084
Are there really cinemas that requires two persons to watch? My country we have people watching alone from college teens, young adults and old people who gets high discounts watching kid's shows, mostly Illumination and Disney movies.
>>
>>91128120
>It's an Ironman episode
>The title is Captain America
Where they went wrong with that went right for Stark's character all in all.
>>
>>91128076
They don't have if their Spider-Man movies take place in the Cinematic Universe Venom is setting up.
>>
>>91128125
I'm saying anyone that isn't taking their children to the movie so they can watch it needs to become landfill.
I'm just being hateful to the fan-base.
>>
>>91128154
okay
>>
>>91128149
What are you talking about? The movie was about Captain America in his quest to save his long lost fuccboi, granted Tony was a big part of it, but he didn't hijacked the flick at all.
>>
>>91128153
They'll likely do boring old Agent Venom.

by boring I mean it's boring that it came first BEFORE Eddie Brock Venom.
>>
>>91128154
>mfw i go to see 'em with my lil' brother as to not raise suspicions
YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME!
>>
>>91128185
Oh no I guess I mean that Tony shined in the movie far better than his actual two sequel movies.
>>
>>91123493
BvS, SS and Fantastic Beasts grossed a lot of money along with their horror films

BvS was a disappointment and SS was a hit
>>
File: 1480111637049.png (184KB, 1098x880px) Image search: [Google]
1480111637049.png
184KB, 1098x880px
>>91128209
Protip: anon IS your younger brother
>>
File: Bane Hardy.jpg (548KB, 1000x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Bane Hardy.jpg
548KB, 1000x1503px
>>91128193
Venom is a joyless, drooling monster-man relic from the Shit-Age of comics.

Best case scenario is we get a few good memes from a terrible movie.
>>
>>91124648
Plus people forget a lot of the VFX on Deadpool was done for free by Tim Miller's studio.
>>
>>91128235
I plan to ditch him and sneak out the emergency exit.
He's a giant faggot and I'll get extra Christmas gifts this way.
>>
>>91128241
Did any long lasting memes spout out of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise at all?
>>
>>91128243
Which is huge, because Colossus would have cost a fortune, just like Ben Grimm.
>>
>>91128254
Cringe.
>>
>>91128267
Isn't that the question of the day.

None whatsoever.
>>
File: Jiggawatt and Laura.jpg (31KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
Jiggawatt and Laura.jpg
31KB, 620x470px
>>91128267
Not so much, the "Blacks have electric powers" meme far outdates that film.
>>
File: axis venom.png (231KB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
axis venom.png
231KB, 400x231px
>>91128241
>He doesn't want an antihero monster since Hellboy
>>
>>91128301
"I'll be tapping this 2 sequels from now".
>>
>>91128273
>They were out of budget to the point where they could only afford effects for DP's pistols and the enemy machine guns in the final fight because of the helecarrier tipping.
>>
>>91120622
>I don't see how this is a negative. If Marvel's Spider-Man sucks, we'll at least get Felicia Hardy.
>we'll at least get Felicia Hardy, by Sony.
>I don't see how this is a negative.

Of course you don't, you're a fucking idiot. Did you not even remember the other non-Marvel things Sony made?
>>
>>91128301
That kid has a a very ugly face. Laura deserved better.
>>
>>91128311
1. I hope you aren't implying that Hellboy was an anti hero.
2. I already own Toxic Avenger.
>>
>>91128346
He was close. People in HB2 already think of him as less of a hero because of how he looks, not what he's done.

it doesn't help that he's destined to be the end of the world.
>>
>>91124651
That will bomb too.
>>
>>91124651
>its about making sure your rival business doesnt earn a dime too.
>>91123342
Clearly it's working well.
>>
>>91124651
Stop forcing this meme, you idiot, Fox still needs to not lose money when they make a film as well. If they get someone who can do low budget but also make back its budget then it's okay. They get another Trank-like incident again and it's all over.
>>
Theory: Sony absolutely does not intend to make these movies, and this is instead a bluff to make it seem like they're not doing as poorly as they are. They're trying to drive up the price of the studio before they get sold off.
>>
>>91119970
>Spider-man vs the Amazing Spider-man
1 billion dollar opening weekend, 18 billion at box office during and 16 oscar wins for 23 nominations
>>
File: 1347798497693.jpg (105KB, 479x429px) Image search: [Google]
1347798497693.jpg
105KB, 479x429px
>>91128485
>Spiderverse (or that story arc in the 90s cartoon with all of the different spidermans) movie starring Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland

Sony and Marvel should be paying me for this idea
>>
Damn. Sony loves them salty snacks. Look at all that salt.
>>
>>91128543
Except you have 3 actors playing the exact same character (one of them a bit weepier), vs a variety of Spider-Characters with considerably different origins and costumes.
>>
>>91123342
>>91123465
>Thor 3
>Guardians 2
>Star Wars 8
>Beauty and the Beast
Those four right there get them to 3 Billion again

>Cars 3
>Coco
>Pirates 5
There's another 2 billion

Disney could legit hit 35-40%
>>
>>91128600

Pirates 5 is this year? How sure are we that people still give a shit about PotC? The last one came out like what, 6 years ago?
>>
>>91128590
All have different experiences. Or just make shit up how they have different suits for toyeticness and merchandise possibilities
>>
>>91128616
I would agree with you, but Pirates 4 made a billion dollars 4 years after #3. It's insane.
>>
>>91128616
Pirates 4 was "weak" in the states, pulling "only" 240 million domestically, but it made $800 million abroad (and only 70 of that in China).

It could be huge.
>>
>>91128754
It broke 100 million in Japan, and 60 in Germany and Russia, which is nuts.

It's easily the most beloved thing Depp has ever done, his Tony Stark.
>>
>>91128754
It's also opening the week after Wondy if I remember correctly. Disney are straight up fucking with their competition this year
>>
>>91127669
>whcih they already tried with a post credit in F4 and failed
what are you referring to?
>>
>>91128983
Week before WW, actually.
I had WW making 4-500 mil at best originally, but a strong Pirates movie could shave another hundred off that, and god help them if Captain Underpants is popular with kids/families.
>>
>>91128983
>Pirates the week after WW
Oh shit I didn't even realize that. Wonder Woman's BO is not gonna have shit for legs

Captcha: DEPPING kek how appropriate
>>
>>91129031
The only hope WW has is a strong second week, and I highly doubt that will happen. Outside of that, its audience will be eaten up by the competition
>>
>>91129017
Jesus Christ that's even worse. Specially since Pirates will have legs due to Depp.
>>
>>91129031
>>91128983
Pirates 5 May 26
Wonder Woman June 2nd
Tom Cruise's The Mummy June 9
Cars 3 June 16
>>
>>91128590

Its been years since we've seen Tobey or Garfield's spider-man. Hell it's been over 10 years for tobey, probably 15 by the time they do a cross over, they'd each be pretty unique. You could fill in that backstory a bit.
>>
>>91129031
>week before
>>91129088
>that competition

Oh jesus, Wondy is doomed. Granted, I don't think the Mummy is gonna do all that well, but Cars is going to take every single kid in america.
>>
>>91128543
>Sony and Marvel should be paying me for this idea
>paying me
are you dan slott?
>>
>>91125295
>Taskmaster

Owned by Fox. Sorry.
>>
>>91128590
Tobey is adult Spider-Man and has a daughter.
Andrew is physics professor Spider-Man.
Dutch is Teen Spider-Man
>>
How would you fellas feel if the Sinister Six gave us Superior Doctor Octopus?
>>
>>91129180
>How would you fellas feel
erect
>>
>>91129180
Fuck off, Dan.

Now guys how would you feel if the Venom cinematic universe gave us Miles Morales?
>>
File: Captain Underpants.jpg (125KB, 768x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Underpants.jpg
125KB, 768x1130px
>>91129088
Dreamworks is the wild card here, if they hype gets up for this (opens June 2nd) it will be bad for WB. Especially if the WW hype is negative.

If WW opens #2 behind Pirates second weekend, (or god forbid #3 behind the cartoon), it'll be 5th or lower by weekend 3, and you're looking at Catwoman numbers in the States.
>>
>>91128543
Also put in Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen and I guess Miles would also be in.
>>
>>91129199
For what reason? Miles is already getting a shitty animated movie all on his own. And yeah I'll say it, Otto's new look seems like a good progression
>>
>>91122433
Amy Pascal is a Jew.
And /pol/ is always right.
>>
>>91128983
>>91129017
>>91129031
>>91129088
I honestly feel bad. I feel that WW has the highest chance out of the coming DCEU movies to be actually GOOD. But just realizing how bad it's gonna get gang-banged makes me slightly depressed.
>>
File: Despicable_Me_2_poster.jpg (86KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
Despicable_Me_2_poster.jpg
86KB, 300x475px
>>91129211
Remember, it was a Universal cartoon that plunged Man of Steel into #2 on it's second weekend.
>>
>>91129220

And Neil Patrick Harris as the "actor" who plays spider-man in movies
>>
File: zoolander_face.jpg (15KB, 361x253px) Image search: [Google]
zoolander_face.jpg
15KB, 361x253px
>>91129263
>I feel that WW has the highest chance out of the coming DCEU movies to be actually GOOD.
How have you avoided any of the trailers?
It's a clusterfuck of Gadot making stupid faces while missing CGI cues, and her stuntwoman fighting in super slow-mo.
>>
>>91129263
If those spoilers have any validity, I seriously doubt that
>>
>>91126489
>Better than if they never released at all, they would have lost the FF rights
Pretty sure the contract is they have to make a movie to keep the rights, they don't have to actually release it.
See: Corman's version.
>>
>>91129336
Corman's film didn't cost 120 million dollars to produce.
>>
>>91129336
>Pretty sure the contract is they have to make a movie to keep the rights, they don't have to actually release it.

Pretty sure if that were the case, they would never had released the recent one. Marvel likely renegotiated the contract to make sure it makes it into theaters to avoid an incident like the 1994 one again.
>>
>>91128125
>Are there really cinemas that requires two persons to watch?
Are you one of those people who take the "no singles policy" meme seriously?
I hope you brought your falcon otherwise they won't let you have any crab legs.
>>
>>91129407
>are there people that take /tv/ memes seriously
Yes, that's why the kino meme got completely out of hand
>>
>>91129311
I'll admit, I've only seen the first one and part of the second. but I dunno. It just gives me a good vibe.
>>
>>91129429
Zack?
>>
>>91128543
It's the most mundane idea and it's been around since ASM2. I can't believe some people here think it's a novel or even a good idea.
>>
>>91126637
>Merchandising rights to the movie probably offset much of the marketing for it,

Where? Marvel didn't allow any merchandise for the movie, and anything like Denny's Fant4stic meals or Happy Meal toys from KFC Mexico or whatever was promotional so Fox had to pay for that themselves.
>>
>>91129336

you have to release the movie or lose the rights kind of deal. as far as I know

Otherwise there is no way they would have released f4
>>
>>91129398
It is the case, they probably thought they could actually make money rather than taking a loss. They were wrong.
>Marvel likely renegotiated the contract
On what grounds?
>>
>>91129487
Except you're factually wrong, as demonstrated by them keeping the rights in 1994.
>>
File: Autism - Reeee.jpg (43KB, 612x103px) Image search: [Google]
Autism - Reeee.jpg
43KB, 612x103px
>>91125295
>but the MCU is far more hampered by the need for a replacement for aging Robert Downey Jr than for villains normies barely recognize, and then only from terrible movies.

Do you think Marvel is going to do full synergy that when they reboot the MCU is when they'll reboot their comic line too?

Like, considering how retarded their comic line is at the moment, this wouldn't actually surprise me much.

Also it means their rebooted verse can go FULL synergy.
>>
>>91129515
>On what grounds?

We don't know. But they didn't shelve Trank's Fantastic Four film.

>It is the case, they probably thought they could actually make money rather than taking a loss.

Kinberg and everyone else knew it was going to be a disaster by October. By that point if the option was available to shelve it and not worry about wasting even more money, they would've done it instead of spending like four months on more reshoots. What was it, half the film was reshot? You don't need to do that if your other option was shelving it like the 1994 film. Just do super-low budget, film the ending, and shelve it.
>>
>>91129536
I'm not certain they'll reboot the MCU for decades.
Most likely they'll fish around for a actor who can pull people into films the way RDjr has, and make that character their new linchpin, and occasionally have the older characters guest-appear.
Trying to re-cast Steve Rodgers or Tony Stark would be a mistake, and I think they know it.

Cumberpatch was clearly an (unsuccessful) effort to reproduce the Downey magic using the same basic character formula.
I expect them to keep at it.
>>
>>91129530

Leading up to X-Men's release, Marvel Studios negotiated a deal with then-functional Artisan Entertainment, successful with the low-budget The Blair Witch Project, for a co-production joint venture that included rights to 15 Marvel characters including Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, Iron Fist, and Deadpool. Artisan would finance and distribute while Marvel would developing licensing and merchandising tie-ins. The resulting production library, which would also include TV series, direct-to-video films and internet projects, would be co-owned.[29] With the deal at the time, 24 Marvel properties were then in various stages of development.

They restructured the optioned deal just before 2000 which was six years after 1994.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios
>>
>>91129530
>Except you're factually wrong,

Then why didn't they shelve the 2015 film if the option was available? You don't need to waste even more money on it. Face it, something changed in the contract. For that matter, the 1994 contract wasn't with Fox, but a German production company.
>>
>>91129199
Fuck off, Bendis.

Now how would you all feel if the MCU gave us Ben Reilly?
>>
>>91121724
Just because a character had a bad movie doesn't mean the character can't be done justice, especially when the character had a successful run in comics, cartoons, and live action shows for decades and earned a significant place in the public conciousness.
>>
>>91129211
I think I was a little old for Captain Underpants, but I know there's a big portion of my generation who is going to be stoked for that, and the fact that they're making it makes me assume kids are still into it.

It could be huge. I don't see it taking #1 from WW, but it could drain some viewers and maybe let Pirates stay on top.

What was the last cape flick to not open at #1?
>>
>>91129657
Doing Superior Doc Ock could open up that possibility. They're sure as hell aint using The Jackal anytime soon, thats for sure. Though to be honest, Id rather get Prowler.
>>
File: tumblr_o4nqvjP16T1v3zfd4o1_500.png (228KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4nqvjP16T1v3zfd4o1_500.png
228KB, 500x581px
>>91119338
This homecoming reboot is just shenanigans

Its like a trap bait for MCU fags and normies for them to start supporting Sony. And so spiderman rights can stay with them

So despicable

They are even dangling Venom and Black cat movies
>>
File: Avengers Romitajr.jpg (235KB, 1280x758px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Romitajr.jpg
235KB, 1280x758px
>>91129611
Captain Marvel, Black Knight, Wonder Man, or even a well done Wasp or Spectrum could be their marquee Avenger, or they could do a new Ant-Man/Giant Man legacy character... they have a lot of options before they run out of Avengers to pick up Tony's slack.
>>
>>91129632
Because you don't shelve a project that has already cost 120m, that's just an admission of failure, which is, from what we've seen, worse for Hollywood execs than actual failure.
>>
>>91129611
>Cumberpatch was clearly an (unsuccessful) effort to reproduce the Downey magic using the same basic character formula.
They're pushing Cumberbitch in Thor and it seems he has a huge role in IW2.

Dr. Strange was kind of bland, but Captain America as a character didn't took off until TWS happened, so there's still hope.
>>
>>91129626
Nothing in that says that the F4 rights are concerned though.
>>
>>91129684
>What was the last cape flick to not open at #1?
Trank's FF
>>
>>91129632
See >>91126577
>>
>>91129741
Problem with Dr Strange was pacing. Its not a science experiment or a machine he built that made him who he is, he had to train for years to become Sorcerer Supreme. So it was a bit unclear exactly how long Steven was training in the movie, and hopefully hes master status fighting Shuma Gorath in the sequel
>>
>>91129713
kek

I see Sony making public they plan to release Venom and build their own cinematic universe (again) just a few months before their film collaboration with Marvel premieres as a woman who posts in public social media that's she's cheating on her husband.
>>
>>91129758

the only information anyone has is previous deals since the actual rights deals have never been made public after the disney buyout except for the deals they've made with paramount/sony

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/superheroes-that-marvel-does-not-own-the-rights-to-anymore.html/?a=viewall

Back in 2005, 20th Century Fox thought they had the next big movie franchise when they released their Fantastic Four movie. However, after one flop of a sequel, the franchise remained dormant until Fox released a similarly reviled reboot. Despite the reboot’s failure, there’s still a planned sequel in the works for 2017, as Fox clearly is reluctant to let go of this one without at least trying to go out in a blaze of glory.

The big problem here is that any new character created within this universe by Marvel in the comics automatically becomes the property of Fox. This in turn led to speculation that the recent cancellation of the Fantastic Four comic series was a direct response to that. Marvel even reportedly issued an edict where, according to AV Club, writers were “forbidden to create new characters,” lest they end up in Fox’s pocket in theaters.

In an even stranger turn of events, rumors flew around that Marvel and Fox had apparently come to an accord over the rights, putting the Fantastic Four firmly back in Marvel’s hands. Both studios soon came out and refuted this, but it still makes us wonder: is something in the works? Perhaps it was a preliminary deal that has yet to be finalized, or maybe even worse, an agreed-upon deal that fell through at the last second.

Nobody besides two companies knows the deal, all that we have is rights deals they made before disney bought them out and they've been sitting on what they had since Disney is actively trying to get everything back.

So the deal ended up being about ego/tv shows and not getting FF rights back
>>
>>91129136
You could easily add Spider-Girl to Tobey's Spidey universe and set the hook for a new series of movies involving May.

I'd also add Spider-UK, Dong Lover as Spider-Punk and maybe Jim Sturgess as SpOck or Assassin Spidey.
>>
File: spooked toni.png (16KB, 198x207px) Image search: [Google]
spooked toni.png
16KB, 198x207px
>>91129721
>that art
>>
File: Dreddposter.jpg (10KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
Dreddposter.jpg
10KB, 203x249px
>>91129684
>What was the last cape flick to not open at #1?
Dredd, the Punisher movies, Catwoman, Ghost Rider 2....
>>
>>91129805
It definitely lacked more training scenes, everything was so sudden, and of course the villain was Malekith tier. But I guess you can't have him go full-god mode and fight abstracts before Thanos appears. It's gonna be interesting to see what his powerlevel is in Ragnarok.
>>
>>91129740
>Because you don't shelve a project that has already cost 120m

Then why not release it in a few theaters and then direct-to-DVD? Happened with Hellraiser when they tried to keep the rights. I mean at what point did they decide to spend $120 million on it if they still had that option? I remembered there were rumors of them trying to replace Trank the year they were about to start filming. If things had gotten that bad they could've cut their losses right at the start that year.

>from what we've seen, worse for Hollywood execs than actual failure.

Is it? This ended up being a failure to the point where Rupert Murdoch had to admit to shareholders that films out at that time such as Fantastic Four (which he even named) didn't help them financially that quarter.
>>
>>91129855
Sony fell for the cape hype meme.

Marvel sells like hot cakes. Fox did it. The Amazing Spider-Man despite being horrible did it. They were gullible enough to think Fant4stic would also sell even if it was terrible.
>>
>>91129884
Fat4stic is FOX.
>>
>>91129884
This.
>>
>>91129891
Shit, you're right. But I still think capes being a box office powerhouse made them believe people would eat up Fant4stic.

I'll cite the Amazing Spider-Man 2 again because it was legitimately a fucking shit movie and it made 700m.
>>
>>91129891
Yes.
Fox thought they could recoup their money (or even make a small profit) before anyone realized it was garbage. And pre-internet age, they might have.
>>
>>91129921
ASM2 and Man of Steel were the two Superhero films that made me really feel "Shit, this isn't over YET?". I didn't see Trank's mess in theaters, and knew in advance it was a disaster.
>>
>>91129805
>How did you become a surgeon?
>Training and practice, years of it
Probably 10 years to get where he was from premed to surgeon?
Masters mystic arts in a few months?
Yeah that was pretty bad, but if he spent even 4 years on that mountain, he'd probably be like, well I'm not going back to my old life anymore, not after all this.
>>
File: PH6DNj6BubnY9d_1_l.jpg (95KB, 800x497px) Image search: [Google]
PH6DNj6BubnY9d_1_l.jpg
95KB, 800x497px
>>91129921
I forgot to add "Marvel capes" in specific being a box office powerhouse. Also, they kind of "hinted" to a shared universe back then.
>>
>>91129963
I'll never understand why Munn got such a push when she ended up having like what, 5 lines in the entire move?
>>
>>91129961
He wasn't Sorceror Supreme at the end of the movie, he was an initiate with a super-powerful relic, an artifact cloak, and a few basic rookie spells. He simply had an ingenious idea for using the Time Stone.
At no point was he whipping evil mage ass like the Ancient One, he was generally running for his life and beating people with conveniently placed stuff like the doors and the bands.
>>
>>91129985

They had different follow up plans after tepid welcome of apocalypse, which should have been a marquee event.

And some weird pr synergy, she kept talking about how she passed over the role in deadpool which is hilarious how it all turned out.

I can't figure out if they did that for PR reasons, or if it was one of those freudian things as an actor where you realize your agent/you fucked up passing over one project for the other and trying to make yourself feel better.
>>
> Sony Motion Picture Group chairman Tom Rothman has one message for those who think fans won’t be rushing to the theaters to see “Blade Runner 2049”: “Netflix, my ass.”

That gives you an idea of thought process of these plebs. Sony is incredibly desperate for something to stick to the wall. Midnight's Edge put out a lot of good content putting Sony's retardation in some context.

https://youtu.be/6aQTJw1wlQ8
>>
>>91129995
>he was generally running for his life and beating people with conveniently placed stuff like the doors and the bands
And killing people with a defibrillator powered huge, kind of ironic.

I still can't get over the fact he managed to incapacitate Kaecilius so easily after he had just killed Master Drumm though. Granted, the Cloak helped him big time, but it still felt inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>91129985
>Fox gets Olivia Munn
>DC gets Will Smith and Jared Leto
>Marvel gets Tilda Swinton, Kurt Russell, Michael Keaton, etc
Fuckers know where the money is at.
>>
>>91123540
Honestly I'd be down for a Spiderverse movie including Tobey, Andrew, and Tom. They could even make Tobey and Andrew actually meet other Marvel characters. (Although that might be a little forced.)

Hell I'd even be down with a Venom movie and a Black Cat movie, as long as they include Tom's Spider-Man and have it all still technically be part of the MCU.

But if course, as far as we know, none of this is happening for now, so, whatever.
>>
>>91129961
he was there long enough to go from a full head of dark hair to getting grey at the temples.

and the only reason they made him master of the new york sanctum was because they were running out of people to spare and the whole world was in jeapordy
>>
>>91130247
>Hell I'd even be down with a Black Cat movie
Ummmm maybe wait to see if Marvel stops screwing up the character first?
>>
>>91130307
>"stops"
Show me some Felicia Hardy footage so I can judge.
>>
>>91130247
I've always dreamed of a post credit scene where Tom would meet the two of them at the Daily Bugle and then finally revealing that Jameson's played by none other than JK Simmons.
>>
>>91129759
>Trank's FF
Oh shit duh. I forgot that was even a thing.
>>
>>91129963

Is that Channing Tatum? Who did he play?
>>
>>91130950
He's meant to star in a Gambit solo film. Whether it actually happens, no one knows
>>
>>91119338
If I owned Sony, she'd be fired over this. It seems like a pretty big slip of the tongue to imply ending a potentially successful partnership like this.
>>
>>91121369
Got 'em!
>>
>>91123975
It's okay Ben. I'll love you
>>
How in the fuck is this bitch still employed
>>
>>91124078
If I were Sony, assuming tgey CAN'T merge their Spider-Verse with the MCU, I'd introduce Miles Spidey in the Venom movie. No origins at all, just play it off like it's the ULTIMATE parallel to the MCU where Peter and Norman already killed eachother
>>
>>91131308
Sony does own rights to Miles Spidey
>>
>>91129963
Remove the two guys in the middle and the Fox movies are basically dead at this point
>>
>>91131258
If the email exchange between her and Feige are anything to go by, she fucks her way into positions
>>
File: TIK7uBz.jpg (264KB, 1181x835px) Image search: [Google]
TIK7uBz.jpg
264KB, 1181x835px
>>91129963
>Also, they kind of "hinted" to a shared universe back then.
Your pic had literally been altered to remove the Fatn4stic cast.
>>
>>91131005
Aka the movie that basically has all the signs of being F4 2.0
>>
>>91129963
>>91131398
It sounds more like they were "hinting" in the hopes that fans would see it and feel compelled to go see Fant4stic. Of course it didn't work.
>>
>>91131398
Who's the guy behind Tatum?
>>
>>91131005
>He's meant to star in a Gambit solo film. Whether it actually happens, no one knows
Gambit solo had been in the works so long that I don't believe it can happen now.

This is FOX's fault, that they never really focus more than on Wolverine, Magento and Xavier. Magneto in particular was definitely overused.
>>
>>91131423

Francis
>>
>>91131416
>It sounds more like they were "hinting" in the hopes that fans would see it and feel compelled to go see Fant4stic. Of course it didn't work.
They only "hinted" because they literally couldn't do the cross over legally. It was an outright lie.

And then as my previous pic showed, they removed Fant4stic from everything else to stop the contamination.
>>
I don't agree with what Sony may be doing but it makes sense, Spider-man is one of their biggest franchises, in their mind, they want to milk it for all its worth, and also
>R-rated violent superhero films like deadpool and Logan have been a massive success when Sony have been planning a venom film
>suicide squad, an ensamble film of villains has been incredibly profitable for WB when Sony set out to make a sinister six film since the production of ASM2

Sony must be feeling like their missing out on the gravy train, and given how tight Marvel/Disney are over the continuinity of the MCU, i highly doubt they'd allow Sony to believe a concurrent spider-man series of movies set within the MCU without completely giving up creative control like they did for homecoming, and Sony will definitely want spider-man to feature in their new venom-universe
>>
>>91119776
Hahaha, 'vagina!' HAHAHA!
>>
>>91119338
>Homecoming makes 1.2 billion and beyond
>Venom flops
>Silver Sable flops
>"L-let's pretend it never happened, m-mr. Mickey"
>>
>>91122105
Doctor Strange was in the same hospital as Claire Temple, they even used the same building in both TV shows and movie.

Claire Temple is friends with DD who single-handedly destroyed branch of Dogs of Hell from Agents of Shield.
>>
>>91132067
This makes me curious to what measure Sony will use to judge Venom a success, we all know how delusional they were about the ASM franchise

I wonder if they're deluded themselves into believing it'll break deadpool levels of box office return
>>
>>91121369
Shut up Boco
>>
>>91132096
>I wonder if they're deluded themselves into believing it'll break deadpool levels of box office return
Fucking easily. Very much like with consoles, Sony is not about innovation, it's about stealing shit and doing it competently because path has already been laid for them.

Less lucky with cinematic universes, though. They thought Ghostbusters would give them a cinematic universe.
>>
>>91132169
>Fucking easily. Very much like with consoles, Sony is not about innovation, it's about stealing shit and doing it competently because path has already been laid for them.
>Less lucky with cinematic universes, though. They thought Ghostbusters would give them a cinematic universe.
Sony Pictures is so segregated from Sony Japan, that Sony Japan didn't know what the studio was doing until the Sony Hack revealed it. So don't assume the two things have anything to do with each other.
>>
>>91132179
Even if they don't, you can't deny these similarities.

>Wii hits it with motion controls
>Sony does PS Move

>House of Mouse hits it with cinematic universe meme
>try to get into that business with fucking Ghostbusters

>Deadpool is an R-rated hit
>"We are doing R-rated Venom movie guys!"
>>
I'm surprised this isn't bigger news given how zealous MCU fags are over their Spider-Man. Maybe they're all too busy making retarded reaction videos over the trailer to even give a shit.
>>
>>91132281
MCUfags have been labelling it as fake news because for some reason they think Kevin Feige will be able to exert his influence over a bunch of retarded executives, when they're far more interested in what they personally believe will make them more money rather than pursue some altruistic desire to have Spider-man a part of the MCU and interact with other Marvel characters like the fans want
>>
>>91132223
"M-me too!" Is the Sony mantra.

The Ghostbusters movie could have been good if it had been a new take on GB, not a retarded "what if Ghostbusters were girl's tee-hee!"

Make the new Ghostbusters a mixed team with men and women, and make their gender secondary to their characters, put actual thought into the story.
>>
>>91132306
If jokes stayed the same and cast was male it wouldn't be any better. It's actually just an unfunny movie and needs a rewrite with director who doesn't hate his penis.
>>
>>91132303
I like Kevin Feige, I admire the guy, but you can smell the jealousy of execs at Sony and Fox, who would love to go back to the way cape movies were made in the 80s and 90s. They hate that Feige forced them to work hard, because establishing a cinematic universe requires patience and thought, which is why Warner's, Sony, and Fox are all bumbling about trying to create their own.
>>
File: Ima_Spell_it_Out_For_Ya.jpg (286KB, 992x660px) Image search: [Google]
Ima_Spell_it_Out_For_Ya.jpg
286KB, 992x660px
>>91131423
>>
she's clearly a strung out mess.
>>
>>91132347
To a degree, you can't blame them
>Plan to make a violent venom movie, you don't, fox beats you to it with R-rated deadpool, makes loads of money
>Plan to make an ensemble villain film with Sinister Six utilising Spider-mans rich vogue gallery, WB beats you to it with Suicide Squad and makes loadsa money

I wouldn't be surprised that internally Sony feel like they had the right idea all along and perhaps harbour some bad feelings for not having pursued these ideas after ASM2 flopped
>>
>>91119338
I am suddenly very, very aware just how leathery and goblin-like Amy Pascal's face is.
>>
>>91119829
He needs to stick to toys, he's such a cancerous old man.
>>
>>91132391
Someone mentioned if Ike could have pursued him to exercise his influence at Sony over Spider-Man to screw Feige. Avi Arad and Ike McDuck are in good relations and he sure has a grudge over Feige screwing him out of the movies.
>>
>>91123660
>homecoming 2 comes out in 2019, and marks the end of the current Disney-Marvel contract
>production for a new spider-man film outside of the MCU probably wouldn't begin until 2020

That'd be around 5 years since Holland was cast as peter, in comparison, Garfield was announced as the new spider-man only 3 years after Spider-man 3, so it probably isn't as short as you think in the mind of a sony executive
>>
>>91119338
That is one ugly cunt.
>>
File: RCO022_1487165840.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO022_1487165840.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91130340
here

>>91131308
For sub-ASM 2 profits?
>>
>>91132472
And the mind of a Sony executive is a very strange place.

Amy Pascal is the "high concept" Hollywood type, Ghostbusters for example being a classic example of "high concept" retarded; "it's Ghostbusters...With ladies!" What about characters and story and making the film as good as we can?

Fuck that, says Amy, it's all about the fucking High concept.
>>
>>91119838
I think the execs ate a lot of paint chips when they were kids.
>>
>the poor defending the rich
Yup, this is USA.
>>
>>91119752
>Anon every project this women have been is being a trainwreck

Just like Homecoming.
>>
>>91132442

And people say the MCU has no great villains; Ike and Avi are scary as fuck.
>>
>>91121724
He stopped being interesting after One More Day.
>>
The MCU was built on a framework of committing to a plan and sticking to it.

This was where Feige succeeded; he actually stuck to a plan, in contrast to the mentality of his counterparts in Sony, Fox, and DC, who drop everything if the wind changes direction.

Marvel Studios has reacted and changed things, sure, but not in the neurotic, flakey way others have.

Warner Brothers, for example, panics every time something goes awry, delay the shoot, cancel the movie, change tone, etc.
>>
>>91119943
You lang, Amerwican pigdog?
>>
File: don't that beat all.jpg (6KB, 255x144px) Image search: [Google]
don't that beat all.jpg
6KB, 255x144px
>>91128096
and now that bigwig at Fox who hated the idea of a Deadpool movie and hated the idea of giant robots on screen is a major exsec at Sony and spearheading the Spider-man franchise.
>>
>>91132801
I have my problems with the MCU, but I actually thought it was a good response when someone asked Feige (or was it Bob Iger) if they're going to do an R-rated superhero movie now that Deadpool was a huge success. He said something like "No we don't have any plans to do that, maybe at some point in the future if it fits".

They are the most confident studio right now when it comes making superhero movies. Like their direction or not, I appreciate that they're sticking to the plan. Just because Fox did great with Logan and Deadpool doesn't mean every studio needs to rush out R-rated movies now. It's not the R-rating that made those movies good and it seems to me like Sony is missing that with their fast tracking of Venom. I have a feeling it won't be the success they're hoping for, especially if they're gonna rush it and won't pick someone who has a clear, confident vision for the movie. Slapping an R-rating is not the recipe for success, a good script and a passionate director is.
>>
>>91127942
At this point they'd probably be better off making Agent of Asgard a thing with Loki.
>>
>>91133766
You kinda need teenage Loki for that, no? The reason why people like Loki so much is because of Hiddleston's performance. A recast wouldn't go well unless they find a really, really good teenage actor. Which is pretty hard.
>>
>>91134580
Just omit the teenage part. Tony is also way older than he should be.
>>
>>91127942
You see, I beg to differ. I'm a normalfag who was never a comic book nerd as much as the denizens of this board are, and yet I still knew who Iron Man was, (and considered him a pretty signficiant Marvel character,) long before the movie. Same with Captain America. And I'm pretty sure everyone else knew who they were too.
Thread posts: 455
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.