[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you think of a single bad episode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: Image-Of-Samurai-Jack.png (600KB, 900x663px) Image search: [Google]
Image-Of-Samurai-Jack.png
600KB, 900x663px
Can you think of a single bad episode?
>>
>>91117488
jack and the baby is a bad episode to finish a series on.And the baby was too annoying.
>>
>>91117488

Jack and the Farting Dragon
>>
All of them.
>>
>>91117488
The Alice in Wonderland episode where the girl steals his clothes
>>
Chicken Jack
Naked jack gets a pass for animation style and color pallet
>>
>>91118844

>Chicken Jack
>bad

That episode had amazing fights and the humor was perfect. It was by far the best episode in the show.
>>
>>91118843
The hijinx though!
>>
>>91118830
That edge, man. That edge.
>>
>>91118826
>Farting Dragon
This.
>>
First season had a few average ones. The underwater one was "eh" for me.
>>
File: 1282985891902.jpg (58KB, 449x444px) Image search: [Google]
1282985891902.jpg
58KB, 449x444px
>>91118826
i liked it because of the political commentary
the peasants didn't like being called poor, they were "unfortunate."
>>
>>91117488
This
Its literally him just trying on shoes against a bunch of douche car robots in an entire episode
>>
>>91117488
Jack and The Farting Dragon.
That one episode with not-Totoro and the greaser bots.

Wasn't fond of Jack Goes to Space, the Gargoyle-fairy episode or that one Alice and Wonderland episode either.
>>
>>91118868
Yeah, the hijinks weren't interesting after the first twenty seconds.
>>
>>91117488
As much as I love this show, Jack and the Farting Dragon was pretty bad.
>>
>Jack Under the Sea
>Jack and the Farting Dragon
>Jack and the Creature

All shit.
>>
>>91117488
Wrong
This episode cannot be bad because if has the GOAT reaction image in it

When Jack spots some sneakers he goes like "Yeaaaah boi"
>>
Honestly, most of them. Season 5 feels like it hits at more of what the show wanted to be. Too much of its first run felt pointless and tedious. Nothing ever happens. It's overly stylized and each episode feels padded to hit the length it needed to hit.
>>
File: TheGangsters.jpg (12KB, 320x185px) Image search: [Google]
TheGangsters.jpg
12KB, 320x185px
>>91117488
>>
>>91119150
They shouldnt have made him go see Aku and end with him being knocked out
Otherwise the episode is good
>>
>>91118900
Don't worry, it only cuts robots.
>>
>>91118826
This
Also the one with the underwater sea people that betray him. It was lame.
>>
>>91119251
Until the fifth season, right?
>>
>>91119299
Nuts and bolts...nuts and bolts...
>>
>>91119150
*unsheathes katana*
>>
>>91117488
Flying Prince + Princess

Next question.
>>
>>91119097
>>Jack and the Creature

Can't be shit when it introduced the funniest one off bounty hunters
>>
>>91118843
that was really good and a great callback to 60s animation and movies like Yellow Submarine, you just dind't get it.
>>
>>91117488
Jack and the Creature
>>
>>91118843
ummmm that's one of my faves
rewatch it and come back
>>
>>91117488
Jack, the Woolies, and the Chritchellites
Jack and the Farting Dragon
The Princess and the Bounty Hunters

And personally, I didn't like the Tale of X-9. I felt like it dragged on too much. I liked the action at the end of the episode however
>>
>>91119686
what's wrong with the bounty hunters ?
>>
>>91118826
I kinda liked how fucking it weird it got once Jack entered the dragon but it was pretty aimless.

"Jack is Naked" was also aimless, not very funny, and featured the out-of-character spectacle of Jack thumping people just for being in his way.
>>
>>91119803
I liked the idea of having bounty hunters killing Jack, but most of the episode they're just pitching their own ways to kill him. It was a short and shit fight if I remember correctly and that annoyed me
>>
>>91119877
>It was a short and shit fight if I remember correctly and that annoyed me
The point was how contrary to their expectations it went and how quickly and easily Jack defeated them.
>>
the one with the two headed dragon
>>
>>91119924
>>91119924
I know but still not a favorite in my books
>>
I liked them all to be honest
>>
>>91118936

>The underwater one was "eh" for me.

This.
I couldn't pinpoint exactly what was wrong with it, though.
>>
>>91120025
It takes way too long to get going and ends up just delivering one of the blandest action scenes in a series filled with excellent ones.
>>
Jack and the Labyrinth was spectacularly awful. At least the Fart Dragon episode had that interesting vore sequence.
>>
>>91120025
>>91120074

I hated the fish people.

They betrayed Jack to make a deal with Aku and then only helped Jack when Aku betrayed them back. So if Aku had held up his part of the bargain they would've totally gone through with it and let a good, heroic person die.

Fuck those guys.
>>
>>91120025
I can see what you mean, but I still think it had some of my favorite visuals and general sci-fi material. The underwater architecture and technology was really really cool and memorable.
>>
File: thief-samurai-jack-3.09.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
thief-samurai-jack-3.09.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>91120096
>Jack and the Labyrinth was spectacularly awful

Fuck you too, the Thief was cool. And I liked the beginning sequences where they showed Jack and the Thief solving identical problems in different ways.
>>
>>91119686
>>91119877
I liked The Bounty Hunters, because it was showing how much of an unstoppable force of nature Jack was. It spent a lot of time establishing that the bounty hunters were highly skilled, respected, had done their research on Jack, and had a detailed and good plan. But Jack still wiped them all out in less than the time it took a water drop to fall from a house.

This was kind of a running theme of Season 4. Jack being more an unbeatable god than an actual character (although he did suffer his worst ever defeat at the hands of those mind controlling Sirens
>>
>>91118844
Fucking garbage opinion. Chicken Jack had the best music in the show.
>>
File: carlos-faggot.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
carlos-faggot.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>91118844
>>91118866
>>91120191
Speaking of which, I'm Jacking my Chicken right now.
>>
>>91120191

>Chicken Jack
>Not The Good, The Bad, and the Beautiful

You had two good villain themes that combined into one great villain theme, it was amazing.
>>
>>91120191
It also existed only to deliver a (good) action sequence but then just futzed around for another five minutes before ending.
>>
>>91119877

The Bounty Hunters was an awesome episode. X9 too.

There really needs to be a movie that follows the heart wrenching dramatic child hood and teenage years of some guy, only for him to become a hired goon and end the movie when he gets unceremoniously gunned down by a stereotypical cigar chomping muscular 80's action hero who spits a one liner after his death.
>>
>>91120334
Or he's the goon BEFORE the one that gets the one-liner.
>>
>>91120334
You realize that you're describing a lot of crime movies, just getting shot from some other criminal instead of an action hero.
>>
>>91120440

Yes. That's the point. Also yhe same point of episodes like the Bounty Hunters and X9.

You shoot the work from the point of view of a character that usually doesn't get much coverage and on the surface, it seems like it's one genre, but then you find out the character is actually in ANOTHER genre, subverting expectations and causing you to reflect back on assumptions you had previously made.

Plenty of movies have done it. Plenty of shows have done it. I like seeing it.
>>
other than the twin worms segment, the 3 tales one was pretty bad.
>>
>>91121281
What? The metal eaters was great.
>>
>no one mentions Jack and the Rave

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT
>>
>>91119279
It's like you don't even like sea monkey Beatles.
>>
I can think of plenty.

Mondo Bot and Smackback were utterly boring.
>>
>>91120138
So what? The overall ride of that episode was still dull and uneventful.
>>
>>91118826
>>91118924
>>91119279
fuck all you retards. It was actually interesting and surreal, as opposed to the same episodic formulaic stuff that usually happens. It's not like there's an ongoing story anyway.
>>
jack vs rave scene was personally offensive to me
>>
>>91119877
Speaking of the bounty hunters, anybody recognize the musical reference whenever those cats talked? It always has me grinning like a motherfucker.
>>
>>91119097
>Jack and the Creature
THIS
>>91119150
Wrong.
>>
>>91117488
Jack Under the Sea is mediocre once the Beatles joke wears off.

Jack and the Woolies is just dull.
>>
>>91117598
Well sure, but it's only bad because it was seen as the final episode. Had it been nestled anywhere else, it would have merely been forgettable.
>>
>Bad
The Creature
The Farting Dragon
Is Naked
>Boring
Mondobot
The Woolies
Underwater

Everything else ranges from good to amazing
>>
>>91118826
The giant moth was badass. And it contained the obligatory "inside someone's body" segment.
>>
>>91118963
That was a callback to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Which of course means it's still great.
>>
>>91117488
jack and the baby is complete shit and if you dont think so whats wrong with you.
doesnt help it was the last episode of the original series.
>>
everyone hates the farting dragon and while its one of the lesser ones, it has one of my favorite jokes in the whole show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hghol1iG2DQ
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.