[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jack and Adult Animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Sausage.jpg (105KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
Sausage.jpg
105KB, 800x433px
So why do people keep trying to compare Jack's new season to western children cartoons instead of other adult cartoons? There's been numerous children's action cartoons (cancelled) but not a whole lot of adult action cartoons over the years. Plus, some adult cartoons follow a formula similarly to kids cartoons. So why make the comparisons?
>>
>>91115385
>So why make the comparisons?
Because people are stupid.
>>
>>91115385
Jack WAS a western children's cartoon before this season, it was always on daytime Cartoon Network and had a TV-Y7-FV rating. The change from being a children's cartoon to an adult cartoon is almost the entire point of the last two episodes.
>>
>>91115623
I still feel like it counts though. People have really high standards for kids media but not for adults apparently.
>>
>>91115385
because comparing it to adult animation would just be unfair to the other cartoons
>>
>>91116136
But it is adult animation at this point. I'm just saying if you bring up children's cartoons, you might as well use other cartoons outside of that demographic.
>>
>>91115385
>So why do people keep trying to compare Jack's new season to western children cartoons instead of other adult cartoons?
because it's not DUDE WEED LMAO or DUDE NIHILISM LMAO like every other """"adult"""" cartoon out there?
>>
>>91116334
That's what I'm saying. Why not critique the adult cartoons? I've seen posts that bash the kiddie cartoons but not the adult ones.
>>
>>91116595
The only adult action cartoon that lasted more than one episode were The Maxx and Stripperella, and those were based on Comic Books.
>>
>>91116662
Which is sad since you could get away with a lot more. Glad Jack is getting word for being a good cartoon. I'd love to see more adult action cartoons.
>>
File: Fucking Furries Jack.png (129KB, 664x393px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Furries Jack.png
129KB, 664x393px
There's a fucking cartoon now?
>>
>>91115385
There's really nothing to compare it to. Most "adult" cartoons are South Park or shitty knockoffs thereof. Jack doesn't really resemble those, but it does resemble a darker version of those old action cartoons we missed that kept getting cancelled left and right because no toy sales. Jack being for adults = no need to pimp toys. Being 10 eps long means barring anything catastrophic it runs low risk of getting cancelled too soon. If anything, I'm surprised people don't compare Jack more to the seinen anime on the block that hosts it; Jack has a lot more in common with short anime OVAs.
>>
Why am I the first ITT to point out that literally nothing that makes SJ the amazing show it is (including season 5, of course) has to do with the shift to Adult Swim? If anything, the effects of said shift have received the lion's share of complaints.
>>
>>91118703
Not Jack the reaper, not Jack the ripper, Samurai Jack.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.