[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017's 3rd Highest Growing Film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

File: Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster.jpg (19KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster.jpg
19KB, 220x334px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

>$850million incoming
>>
File: 1482582916730.jpg (79KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482582916730.jpg
79KB, 400x300px
>>91112864
It looks like shit
>>
>No Garfield appeal
>Looks shit
>Spoiled the whole movie
>Movie is being made fun off

It's embarrassing
>>
>>91112911
>>91112899
>MCU
casuals will eat this shit up like cocaine
>>
File: IMG_6707.jpg (48KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6707.jpg
48KB, 620x400px
>>91112911
>Garfield appeal
>>
>>91112899
Yeah and you post epic flavor of the month Lazytown memes, i'm sure you have impeccable taste
>>
>>91112944
It's sony first, you fucking faggot
>>
>>91112864
So why is Spiderman a dumbass kid?
>>
>>91113012
>he thinks casuals care about studios
Anon, it has the Marvel logo and RDJ. No one gives a single fuck if it's Sony.
>>
>>91112911
>Movie is being made fun off
Reception is positive though.
>>
>>91112864
>If you're nothing without that suit then you shouldn't have it
POT AND KETTLE.
I'm already over this Tony-as-mentor thing
>>
>>91112899

You will watch it and you will like it!!
>>
>>91112864
Aside from the fact the trailer reveal way too much (MCU trailers usually tend to hide the plot better) I really feel good about this moive. Remind me a bit of the first stage Marvel movies.
>>91112911
>>91112899
look good to me
>>
>>91113040
That's how he started.
>>
>>91115911
>POT AND KETTLE.
>missing the point this bad
>>
>>91112911
Your comment makes me more optimistic about this movie.
>>
>>91112864

>Trailer for the trailer in the trailer

Why.
>>
>>91112911
>>No Garfield appeal

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>91115911

without the suit he's a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist, also without the suit he's a guy who invents suits so he can just make himself a new one
>>
>>91116856
eh, yeah, that's obviously the point, but it's a stupid decision to make that point.
>>
>>91113040
That is LITERALLY how Spiderman starts, ya dingus
>>
One thing Sony missed, and its too late now, but I think they will regret it, is how much female viewers connected with the Garfield/Stone chemistry. That reaction is, I think, the only reason for Gwenheroine's success in her own titles. Girls loved Gwen Stacey enough to vote her their favorite character the years ASM2 came out. they also really dug Garfield and wouldve supported another chapter in his story. I really think they will look back and wish they had kept Garfield and continued with their ASM3 plans plus Venom, Black cat and Sinister Six. Sharing with marvel is already ruining the property as this will be the last spidey movie we see. Its that terrible looking.
>>
>>91115911
Tony fucking styled on a super soldier harder than agents that trained their entire lives to fight. Fuck it, he disarmed the Goddamn winter soldier with nothing but a fancy glove and Wing Chun, and he did it with no superpowers and not a second of hesitation.

He's the goddamn Iron Man. He's gone in with 1/5th of a suit or sometimes no suit at all numerous times and came out on top.

I don't know how people keep forgetting this, but Tony's actually hyper-competent for an average human without decades of combat experience, and he has the brass balls and backbone to back up 90% of his trash talk (his clunky suit managed to beat an Ultron body built by an omnipotent AI with only above-average effort.) This is even moreso true for the comics, where Tony rarely loses to anyone but god-level beings or an occasional shmuck with a ridiculous stroke of luck.
>>
>Spider-Man having a difficult time saving a sinking ship
>Requires Tony's help

like poetry
>>
File: 891273912.gif (432KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
891273912.gif
432KB, 200x150px
>>91112899
>tfw it has actually managed to look worse the ASM movies
>mfw they pulled a sony in a single trailer again
>mfw this shitshow will be eaten up MCUfags desperate to have the character in the movies

God fucking save us from this cancer
>>
I think this film is going to disappoint.
>>
>>91112864
damm, what an uninspiring trailer. Which is somewhat rare for an MCU movie.

Kinda annoyed spider-man is in the mcu now, i dont feel like he fits in with the avengers side of things.

>g-give rights back to marvel

well there you go you shitters. fuck everything if they ever get xmen back
>>
is he using canister webs?
>>
That honestly looks like shit, that said..

RT 88%

988mill Billion Box Office.
>>
>>91112899
It's so washed out, the coloring is fucked.
>>
has spoiling your entire movie in the trailer ALWAYS been a thing?
>>
Am I the only one that kinds of likes this trailer? Looks like a fun flick and a return to Spiderman being maybe not the end-all-be-all for street level threats in his beginning years instead of him being top-dog off the bat. All the movies, even the Raimi ones, tend to have him being a bit too competent for my tastes.

Also, that line about Stark wanting him to be better than him hit me in a heartfelt way. Stark thinks he himself is a lost cause and wants Peter to be something he wish he was. That's actually surprisingly mature for Tony.

Also, I really dig the fact that the new armor uses the Ultimates color scheme, but maybe that's just me being a giant Iron-fag.
>>
File: 5R0JgGH.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
5R0JgGH.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>91112864

what the fuck was that
>>
goddammit why did I watch that trailer

I was already going to see it but now I feel like I've been spoiled

fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>91115911
The reason why Tony said it is valid. He gave the kid a slick tech suit to assist with Civil War and also out of pity for the kid's ramped-up senses. The problem is that the kid looks at the suit and the gift and feels he has to perform and prove himself, and Tony spots his own mistake.
Without the suit, the implication of "I need to be a super performer to be an Avenger" is neatly removed and Peter is forced to take a pause and think things through, relying upon himself to define his own goals.

Also, I looked close at the plane scene with the burning engine. Vulture is still ahead of the cowl, in one piece, not being forced in. I think the villain leaves the hero to deal with the mess to save people and remains alive to be used again.
>>
File: 1490453585888.jpg (656KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490453585888.jpg
656KB, 711x1080px
>>91112864
>posting an edit
>>
>>91119550
I liked it. I think too much content was revealed to the viewer but Vulture will NOT die to being sucked into the engine. He'll be used again, or have a successor if he bows out of the footwork of the villain game.
>>
>>91119550
the one thing I can say is that I'm glad they're bringing it back down to street-level, but they still just go with the most hackneyed "villain with a weapon that wants power/revenge" plot possible. It's just so god damn safe and boring. On the other hand, I guess that's all cape movies are.
>>
>>91119622
you magnificent bastard. saved.
>>
>>91119536
Hey, at least GOTG2's trailers are vague as fuck.
>>
File: you're not laughing now.png (37KB, 619x191px) Image search: [Google]
you're not laughing now.png
37KB, 619x191px
It actually looks decent but I'm annoyed that they kinda ruined the Boat Scene and its too much Iron Man. and that CGI looks like crap

but it has Keaton and and Spider-Twink seems cool
plus Aunt May va va voom
>>
>>91119657
That's what 90% of Spidey villains are, the superheroics don't always meet the soap opera side characters, unlike say, Batman or the X-Men.
>>
>>91119657
Hey, it's better than another Spider-Man movie about a good person turning evil through a science experiment.
>>
I don't actually understand why Peter thinks the suit is such a huge factor in his own prowess. I mean, it helps a lot, but most of his abilities come form the spider that bit him. With or without the suit, he still can still smash through brick walls, outrun low-performance cars, dodge bullets and swing around skyscrapers better than Tarzan. It's not like with Ant-Man, for whom losing the suit actually would be pretty damn crippling. Peter can literally just put a bag over his head and he'd still be able to do all the things he does with Stark's suit. Aside from the flashlight and mini-drone, I mean.
>>
>>91119799
That only happened in Spider-man 2.
And Spider-man 3.
And the Amazing Spider-man.
And the Amazing Spider-man 2.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT NAME ONE TIME.
>>
>>91119550
>All the movies, even the Raimi ones, tend to have him being a bit too competent for my tastes.

Comics and cartoons have him super competent; It's what the character is supposed to be.
>>
>>91119866
Norman Osborne in the movie wasn't evil so much as kind of a jerk who went insane because of the Goblin formula.
>>
>>91119848
low self esteem
>>
>>91119908
That's a hard no there, pal. Back to /tv/ or your Steven Universe general.
>>
>>91119908
Sure, modern ones, where he's been around the block for awhile.

In the MCU, he literally started out less than a year ago. In the Spiderman movies, he typically starts out practically untouchable.
>>
>>91119908
The comics didn't start out with him as the best crime fighter on the block on the outset. That came later.
>>
>>91112911
>Spoiled the whole movie
This is what worried me the most. Last time it happened it was with BvS, and everyone fucking hated it (The trailer and ultimately the movie).
>>
it looks like dog shit
>>
>>91119930
And Doc Oct didn't go evil as much as gotten his thought patterns influenced by the metal arms' AI until he was able to shake it off at the very end.
>>
>>91119930
>Doc Ock
>Sandman
>Lizard
>Electro
>>
File: no.png (68KB, 234x307px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
68KB, 234x307px
>>91121090

>Sandman
>a good person before he got mutated
>>
I'd rather watch the Spider-Man the Animated Series in theaters for 2 hours.
>>
>>91112864
>that muffled voice
>what's up gais?
>>
>>91112864
What are the first two?
>>
>>91123919

Suicide Squad 2 and Justice League?
>>
>>91119550
>Stark thinks he himself is a lost cause and wants Peter to be something he wish he was
This is on point characterization for him after what happened in Civil War.
>>
>>91119226
H Y P E R
Y
P
E
R
>>
>>91112864
Looks good, but that trailer showed off way too much. The whole Stark robbing the suit back would have been a nice surprise going into the movie.
>>
>>91119622
>Twin Towers continue to be a movie star 16 years later

Good. I don't even care if they're burning, I hope people keep photoshopping them in 100 years later.
>>
worst Spiderman costume
>>
>>91112864
>thinks it will make under 1b
IM will bump it up, he is a 1b dollar star now. He's had a string of 1b dollar box office movies. Avengers, IM3, AoU, Civil War, this will be too

>>91124191

I have no idea what #2 would be. Star Wars will be #1, fucking episode 8 with a last appearance of leia? That shit is doing 2b. Spider-man is going to be #2. Gotg and Justice league are contenders, but I still doubt they'll beat spidey.
>>
>>91125770
The only way Justice League is making more than 700m is if the movie turns out to be great for the broader public which is not happening.

I say Guardians vol 2 has a pretty good chance of breaking the billion. The first movie without brand recognition made 800m there's no way it'll make any less than that.

Chris Pratt combined with a big franchise makes wonders (Jurassic Park, Guardians 1). Though his track record after JP not good.
>>
>that cgi

jesus.....
>>
>>91126351
Your imagination is running wild if you truly think BvS damaged the brand to the tune of some $180 million dollars.
>>
>>91126457
>BvS
>800

>CW
>1b+
Justice League is not even touching top 5.
>>
>>91112864
Spider-Man is shit without organic web
>>
>>91119119
People are just too distracted by their hateboner for RDJ to appreciate the character

I probably like Cap more overall, but IM3 is one of my favourite MCU movies. I am more than willing to forgive fake Mandarin etc. because the movie is a great character study
>>
>>91119119

I'd say the only reason he was able to disarm the gun was because he stunned him first with the concussive blast. Not trying to diminish his competence, but it's not as if he can really come close to Bucky in hand-to-hand.
>>
File: Laughing ROmans.jpg (73KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing ROmans.jpg
73KB, 460x276px
>>91124191
>>91125770
>>91126351
>Fast & Furious 8
>Wonder Woman
>Alien: Covenant
>Baywatch
>Transformers the last knight
>war of the planet of the apes
There, all these movies will beat out Spiderman in the box office, Spiderman will be lucky if he makes it to top 10.
>>
File: Osborn is your Boss.jpg (770KB, 1285x1971px) Image search: [Google]
Osborn is your Boss.jpg
770KB, 1285x1971px
>not even out a day
>more than 10 million trailer views
>will probably outpace the Justice League trailer before the week is up

Hot damn.
>>
File: 1481034913118.jpg (92KB, 1024x763px) Image search: [Google]
1481034913118.jpg
92KB, 1024x763px
>>91131134
>WW
>Baywatch

Are you kidding me? Must be bait. I mean, you named movies that will probably be well received but some are kinda niche, and Transformers makes enough money to sustain the series but hasn't been a top earner since 4, i think

But even ignoring that Spiderman has always been silly successful. His worst performing movie (TASM2) made 700million$

The franchise is so successful that 700million is considered a failure that required a new reboot. Let that sink in. Adjusting for inflation both SM1 and 3 made more than a billion, and that was a brand new series with no previous established popularity on the big screen
>>
>>91131284
Wonder Woman because Wonder Woman

Baywatch because of nostalgia and the rock
>The franchise is so successful that 700million is considered a failure that required a new reboot
That doesn't sound successful at all
>>
>>91131284
I thought ASM3 was cancelled because Andrew Garfield flaked on a dinner with Japanese corporate types.
>>
Shows way too much. I feel like I've already watched the movie.
>>
>>91131305
>Wonder Woman because Wonder Woman

WW is recognized from the normies because of a single TV show from the '70s and because they mistake her for female Superman/Captain America. Sometimes you'll find a joke about invisible planes. WW is so un-enstablished (is that a word?) that most comics readers and even writers don't even know what to do with her, hence the constant arguments about wether she should be a pacifist, a brutal Amazon warrior, bulky, skinny etc. (although i guess partially this could be said of any character)

And I'm not trying to insult the character, i like WW when she's used interestingly

I don't think the movie will flop, but it will probably make less than the rest of the DCEU. 400-500million would be my guess, somewhere below MoS

>>91131348
Yeah, that was another factor. The production of TASM2 was in general disastrous. They started filming without even a complete script
>>
>>91131414
>They started filming without even a complete script

so did the first Iron Man
>>
>>91131414
Look Anon in an age where people are begging Marvel to make a Black Widow movie then I expect Wondy to make some mad dosh for the sole fact that it's a solo superheroine movie
>>
>>91131466
A few hundreds of Twitter accounts don't fill theaters worldwide. But as i said, i won't think it'll flop
>>
>>91131486
>400-500million
>not a massive flop

it needs at least 1.2 billion to break even
>>
>>91131515
Oh boy here we go again with the
>It needs to make *Random number* to break even
Bullshit
>>
>>91131035
The fact that he even managed to at all is kind of what I'm getting at, here. He was better than each of his compatriots in the fight save MAYBE Black Panther, and he's just an average joe with extreme intelligence and some minor experience in martial arts. Nevermind the brass balls it took to Leroy Jenkins an armed and dangerous supersoldier with a glove/gadget.

The Iron Man is him; the suit just supplements what's already there.
>>
>>91131544
Oh please Tony is not a fighter without his suit
>Black Panther
>and he's just an average joe with extreme intelligence and some minor experience in martial arts
I'm sorry but how the hell is a man of royalty an average joe? And while I don't know if the movies will include the herbs the comics version of Black Panter is on the same level as Captain America if not stronger.
>>
>>91131574
Why was his dad so easily killed then?
>>
>>91131543

but that's my favorite meme : (
>>
>>91131574
The "average joe" was in regards to Stark, not BP.

BP is almost Cap-level in hand to hand...maybe even better.
>>
>>91131595
He didn't wear a vibranium suit
>>
>>91131544

I mean, before he even tried to fight Bucky, he used his superglove to daze him with a concussive blast. Why are you discounting that? Why could no one else in that scene disarm him? They didn't have the concussive blast. Stark is not better than those random shield guys at CQC.

Also Black Panther is like Captain America but with an entire costume made out of his shield, he's not an average joe with minor experience
>>
>>91131595
Unfortunate allergy to explosions
>>
>>91131574
>Oh please Tony is not a fighter without his suit
He took down an entire compound of trained bodyguards with a fucking nailgun and homemade grenades SOLO. Nevermind the time he took down an Extremis henchwoman with a microwave oven.

Stark's got more combat chops than a fucking Navy Seal.
>>
>>91131613
The only thing the concussive blast let him do was get close, and don't forget, Bucky is as physically strong as a man that can move an entire pick-up truck with a kick.
>>
>>91131611
>Tony Stark
>Average Joe
How did the quote go again?

Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist?

Oh yeah that's Average Joe material right there
>>
>>91131574
>Oh please Tony is not a fighter without his suit
He literally has 2/3rds of an entire movie dedicated to the exact opposite concept, retard.

Stark's shortcomings are entirely related to his life decisions and judgement, not his combat capability.

Just retreat from this discussion, you obviously have no idea what Stark is actually capable of, comics, movies, or otherwise. Go back to Batman or whatever normie bullshit you're used to, faggot.
>>
>>91131646
I think you need to re-read the original post because you've lost sight of the original point.

Stark's a dude with a really amazing brain. He's not an agent trained from birth, he's not a supersoldier; he's just a guy with intellect and testicles of iron.
>>
>>91131624
He's like the A-team, but Solo and doesn't need a montage to build a tank out of scrap.
>>
>>91131667
>you obviously have no idea what Stark is actually capable of, comics
You're damn right I don't because he lacks comics worth reading, I know about Bleeding Edge. But for some reason he got rid of it
>>91131675
Having an "really amazing brain" already puts him up and beyond "just a guy".

Nobody sees Newton, Benjamin franklin, Einstein, Tesla or Wernher von Braun as "just a guy". And things that Tony has achieved is beyond what any of the previous mentioned genesis has done
>>
>>91112864
will easily out perform bvs
>>

come on mods the JUSTice trailer got one
>>
>>91131720
>You're damn right I don't because he lacks comics worth reading
He actually does, you just either have shit taste or little familiarity with the genre...or both. He has some mediocre runs, but the majority of his comics are above average at least. His only real issue is the fact that his villains suck, but considering he himself is the worst member of his rogues gallery, he makes up for it often enough.

>I know about Bleeding Edge. But for some reason he got rid of it

Actually, General Babbage of the United States Military legally forced him to (painfully) remove it from his body because he drank at one point while wearing the suit (pic related,) at which point he quit being Iron Man temporarily while Rhodey (who had faked his own death) secretly took the reigns with a suit Tony provided (which he cleverly disguised as tech that was "stolen" from his own company.)

Tony then exposed Babbages connections to the Mandarin, which brought him to commit suicide, and Tony left for outer space in an older suit to take a breather, since he hadn't officially resumed his duties as Iron man (this is not the start of his stint with the Guardians.)

Then he actually DID put it back in his body for some time, or at the very least made a external replica of it, using it as a backup when he didn't have access to Gillen's special snowflake Black/Gold/Red armor ore the Guardians of the Galaxy suit, but whatever; that entire time period sucked balls.
>>
>>91131817
At least he wasn't being written by Bendis then.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.