[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of JTHM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (73KB, 300x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73KB, 300x211px
What does /co/ think of JTHM
>>
>>91102710
most of /co/ is way too young to even know JTHM
>>
Read some of it a while back, I didn't hate it, but holy fuck, it reads like Hot Topic threw up a comic
>>
>>91102710
To be sincere with you anon i find, most of Vazquez work pretty meh, don't get me wrong JTHM, I'm sick and Zim are good, but not asgood everyone preach about in the internet
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BACTINE!!!!!
>>
>>91102710
Loved it
>>
>>91102710
genuinely great. there's a default hipster reaction to qualify any praise for Vasquezes work, after the enormous success of Zim, but they really all were just that great. especially JTHM, more than any of the others really.

>>91102779
Basically correct but backwards. Hot Topic was Jhonen Vasquezes bastard.
>>
>>91102710
Never really read it, Had a friend who was super into it though. So when we went to a con together, and we got into a line where Vazquez was doing signings, I had him sign my forehead for shits 'n giggles. Had a picture of it, but I lost it a while back so no proofs sadly.
>>
This, I'm Sick and Squee are pretty good.
>>
>>91102710
I miss when Jhonen did things.
>>
Fun shit, but over rated by the usual 14 year olds that only shop at Hot Topic.

I need to get a copy of my own. Senor Satan was the best part.
>>
>>91102965
He did character designs for a Disney show a few years ago.
>>
>>91102710
Every time Vasquez trolls his Invader Zim fans my heart grows a bit in size.
>>
>>91103041
yeah he hated the fanbase he got from ZIM
>>
>>91103050
>ZIM
You mean Hot Topic
>>
>>91102987
Randy Cunningham right?
>>
File: IMG_3104.jpg (86KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3104.jpg
86KB, 600x371px
>>91102965
He's still updating that Nny twitter account.
>>
>>91102710
pretty edgey desu-nechan but it had some ok moments, particularly the guy who was super meh about being murdered and the bit with the female love interest. The heaven scene was pretty annoying though.
>>
>>91103064
>ZIM fanbase
>Hot Topic fanbase

Literally what is the difference?
>>
>>91102710

It's kind of amazing, because you can see him get better almost page to page. You can also see him turn on his own creation near the end, with NNY's imitator showing up.
>>
>>91103141
Well, one still exists
>>
>>91103169
I guess you got me there. Good show.
>>
>>91102710
test
>>
It was really directionless and when he started to force exposition at the end it didn't really feel like he had planned it out.

Would have been better off leaving the blood wall and the doughboys vague and unexplained, and like someone else mentioned the heaven/hell issue was trash.
>>
File: 1425272914589.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1425272914589.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
>>91103169
>>
I rather I feel sick. JTHM was too edgy at some parts.
>>
>>91103139
>the guy who was super meh about being murdered and the bit with the female love interest
Best parts. Along with the goth girl who tried to escape and was melted by the cosmic horror.
>>
Real cool when I was in 6th grade
>>
Loved it when I was 12, it really fed into my then-current gore obsession with just the right amount of humor and introspection. Doesn't really hold up in rereads for me, but it still has a place in my heart.
>>
File: 1437794251593.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1437794251593.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>91102724
Even though I'm 24, I still remember the one goth teen in my high school got me to read it and Squee. Kinda miss him he was actually a funny person.
>>
>>91103041
>>91103050

>Still believing in the "Jhonen hates his fans" meme.

If you actually followed the guy on his tumblr, you realize he got over that shit years ago.
>>
>>91102710

It's a really good, fun series for a very specific audience. I read it when I was eighteen, maladjusted, egocentric and angry at the world. I was the right target audience to just eat it up. I doubt I'd enjoy it as much now, and I don't think a younger audience would connect with the concepts, but I think for someone in that 16-21 year old range who's frustrated with the idiocy and hypocrisy of the world and hasn't come to terms with it yet the way grownups do, it's a pretty cathartic reading experience.
>>
>>91102710
Good artist. His style really emphasizes his wierdness/fucked upness the man himself is bound to be an manifestation of.

I like artist who are honest with themselves like that. And he's actually good.

I may not like the period picture the sjw sharted on, but i appreciate her being honest about who she is by expressing herself as a bloody shart.
>>
>>91102724
I'm actually too old to know JTHM. It only got popular in my senior year, and then it was mostly just among edgy middle schoolers.
>>
File: Waiting-Skeleton.jpg (30KB, 298x403px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting-Skeleton.jpg
30KB, 298x403px
Any updates on that Squee short?
>>
>>91102710
a product of its time
i liked it when i was 14
If you cut the suicidal monologues or keep it to one tasteful monologue at the end and focus a lot on the violence and visuals it could work as a movie
>>
>>91102710
Fucking comic book kino
>>
>>91103139
>The heaven scene was pretty annoying though.
That was one of the best parts you filthy casual
>>
>>91103041
he was actually quite excited when nikelodeon aired zim again for a month as a halloween thing back in 2012 i think
he even asked fans to show interest in case of a revival opportunity, jack got a revival and god knows nikelodeon needs something to go right for a change
>>
>>91102779

Johnen never really did grow out of that hot topic phase
>>
>>91108610
he kind of did tho
he made a tmnt short and tried to go on a different direction but everyone else just wanted jhonen tmnt so he complied
>>
>>91106076
>Goth dudes.

Only girl goths are remotely tolerable, and that's because they have daddy issues that make them submissive in bed.
>>
>>91102710
I thought it was empty, edgy bullshit even as a middle schooler.
The only people who liked Johnny the Homicidal Maniac were the shitty edgy kids.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.