[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Mary Stu would win in a fight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1171.jpg (1MB, 3701x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.jpg
1MB, 3701x2500px
Which Mary Stu would win in a fight?
>>
>>91096697
BP has vibranium.
>>
>>91096827
Bats has prep time.
>>
>>91097104
BP has a good movie
>>
>>91096697
Straight-up fist fight? Black Panther, but only because he has a vibranium suit and most attacks would be absorbed. If gadgets are included, Batman wrecks him.
>>
The term is Gary stu.
>>
>>91096697

Batman.

I'm not trying to dismiss Black Panther here, but when has Black Panther ever actually taken down someone really big?

Batman shot Darkseid and has beaten up Superman multiple times.

Plus Batman has the added advantage of fan/editor hype surrounding him, while Black Panther really doesn't.
>>
>>91096697
Black Panther has better movie feats. He can crush Bruce like a tomato.
>>
>>91096697
both have so much plot armor that drawing the panels would blow the artist's hands off before he could reach a conclusion or short cicuit all the filming equipment
>>
>>91097243
Black Panther armlock silver Surfer that puts him above Batman by a mile
>>
>>91097299
And batman shot the god of all evil. That's nothing compared to batgods accomplishments.
>>
>>91097299
So, Silver Surfer is stronger than Superman?
>>
File: 1464497136722.gif (1MB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1464497136722.gif
1MB, 400x221px
>>91096697
>Mary Stu
>>
>>91097115
Batman has 5, 6 if you count animated.
>>
>>91097339
When has Batman ever physically bested Superman without any kind of augmentation or leveling of the playing field?

>>91097335
>shot

was that when he dodged Darkseid's omega beams?
>>
>>91097299
Arm locked a super weaken Silver Surfer.
>>
>>91097339
>Silver Surfer is stronger than Superman?
yes
>>
>>91097529
That's hard to gauge, considering he's an extension of Galactits powers.
>>
>>91097529
eeehhhhhh... idk about that one bud
>>
Black Panther sucks, Hannah Barbara's White Tiger is a cooler character
>>
>>91096697
Oh look, it's another "I don't know what a Marty Stu is" thread. Hint, it doesn't mean "Any character I don't like."
>>
>>91096697
Strength: Black Panther, basically Cap tier superhuman

Intelligence: I think Black Panther, not sure were Batman ranks on the DC scale

Available Resources: Black Panther, I mean he owns a country

Standard Resources (what they normally deploy with): Batman, because utility belt obviously

Prep time bullshit: They're about even, but let's give it to Batman since he's basically the face of the concept

I would honestly give it to BP, but character popularity would give the edge to Batman in any crossover.
>>
>>91096697
Batman is Batman and his greatest superpower is plot-armor. Batman doesn't lose in things like this.

Black Panther is in the middle of a huge resurgence because Marvel wants his movie to succeed and he's one of the biggest and most successful names in their diversity push. Marvel won't let him lose either.

Stalemate.
>>
>>91096697
Black Panther, if only because if Bruce won DC would be accused of racism.
>>
>>91097425
>without any kind of augmentation or leveling of the playing field
What the hell do you think the vibranium suit that Panther wears is, casual attire?
>>
>>91097299
>Someone beat up Silver Surfer.

Whoa, stop the presses.
>>
>>91096697
According to black panther not-batman is a better fighter.

So yeah, Bruce wins.
>>
>>91097555
He has his own power it was just given to him by Galactus.

>>91097579
Power Cosmic bitch
>>
>>91098216
Batman doesn't have vibranium though.
>>
>>91098273
If Galactus somehow lost his powers, so would Silver Surfer. So he's independent but not that much.
>>
>>91097115
There's a BP movie?
>>
>>91097940
this is a good run down.

Int T'Challa is near Lex Luthor level, so Bruce has out thought even Lex so Bruce gets the edge here.

Standard Resources: In Priests run T'Challa has a tool for everything as well, but bat's still edges him out.

Prep Time is equal, cause all prep time is writer wank.
>>
>>91098441
No he wouldn't.
>>
>>91097243
BP beat Namor
>>
>>91098441
no, Power Cosmic is an unlimited resource that once you can tap into it you tap into it until you can't.

But since Galactus comes from the previous universe (now 2) does that mean he is using the power of previous universes?
>>
>>91098318

Are you so sure about that? During JLA/Avengers he may very well have jacked a punch of vibranium and adamantium.

This is Batman we're talking about afterall. He put dying red dwarf stars on his gauntlets (or something equally dumb) during Batman: Endgame as well as having various mystical items.
>>
>>91098318
Neither did Wayne. And the suit isn't pure meme metal.
>>
>>91098162
>casual attire
For him? Yeah.
>>
>>91098519
Magic weapons also work
>>
>>91097243
Black Panther has beaten...

Mephisto
God-Emperor Doom
Super-Duper-Skrull
Black Panther has tanked Namor and members of the Black Order and ancient dragon-gods from Kun Lun. He armbar'd Silver Surfer and stole his surfboard.

Try reading even one Black Panther comic before talking.
>>
>>91098652
I think you mean some doombot or other.
>>
>>91098595
uh, not usually. Black Panther has access to magic in the Marvel universe though tech AND resistance to influences by the panther gods and herbs. Plus he just kicked the Chi out of a psychic martial artists in the last Ultimates, Black Panther can take on magic as well.

Plus, he beat Mephisto as>>91098652
said
>>
>>91098729
You can't really "beat" mephisto, though.
>>
>>91098750
Over the years Mephisto has lost a lot of his territory to other 'devils'. He has lost plenty and has far less than he ever started with
>>
>>91098444
that's the joke
>>
>>91097299
Kinda like that time bats made hulk shit his pants with a kick to the stomach
>>
>>91097529
There is no way Silver Surfer is physically stronger than Superman.
>>
>>91098931

That comic is crazy bonkers.

I LOVE it.
>>
>>91097555
>>
File: blunt talk.jpg (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
blunt talk.jpg
6KB, 318x159px
>>91098931
>human kick
>hurting full strength hulk
Hulk wank is bad, but batwank, really?
>>
>>91099028
That's 70's-80's hulk, more on the level of the TV show version.
>>
>>91098729
Marvel magic is a joke
>>
>>91099248
How do you mean?
>>
>>91098897

Eventually Mephisto will be curled up in some little corner of Hell clutching Spider-Man's marriage to his chest, the last possession he has after all the other demons took the rest, while muttering some nonsense about how he's the true Satan.
Other demons will toss a few demon coins at him out of pity, others will spit on him in disgust, and whoever the then current Ghost Rider is will go down to Hell once a month just to point and laugh at him.
>>
>>91098935

Physically stronger doesn't actually matter.
Silver Surfer is one of the few comic characters unintentionally made as the perfect Superman counter.
>>
>>91099248
It's just different from DC magic. and I like that it's different. There are two ways to do magic, one is based on myth, imagination and suspension of belief.

The other is D&D based, where there are rules to magic, it has a cost and these rules can be used to manipulate things. It's a mix on contract rules and D&D.

Personally, I love them both. My favorite fantasy author is Lord Dunsany and that style of magic clearly influenced early DC magic authors, Gaiman said he was influenced a ton by Dunsany.

Marvel pulls a lot from Lovecraft, especially The Silver Key and Through the Silver Key Door. Where magic is just extra dimensions of infinites, and all we are is a vector through N-dimensional god space. A very math and physics way of looking at magic. As a math and physics geek, I fucking love this. But it also draws a lot from D&D in a way, where the cost of spells isn't some random thing in the future like Hellblazer makes it, it's a real, hear and now cost and you pay for it NOW.

I like both
>>
>>91099205
Dude comics Hulk was always above the power levels of FerrignoHulk. He was already battling Rhino and Abomination and all those generic monster bruisers who leveled landscapes.
>>
>>91099733
They had to tone him down for the crossover quite a bit. They also exploited his need to breathe.
>>
>>91098928
Not a very good joke
>>
>>91096697
>Bruce
>Gary Stu
Even all his closest friends kinda hate him.
>>
>>91097362
If we count animated, there's far more.
>Mask of Phantasm
>Return of The Joker
>Under The Red Hood
>Dark Knight Returns (fuck you, it's better than it had any right to be, considering how shit movie adaptations of classic storylines are)
>>
>>91097104
BP is black
>>
>>91098652

After reading this, I'm glad I've never wasted my time on a Gray Stu of these proportions.
>>
>>91098931

Property crossovers really dont count. Come on.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.