[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it about this show that made it so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1243.jpg (29KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1243.jpg
29KB, 197x256px
What was it about this show that made it so good?
>>
The autistic screeching. Yes, really.
>>
Unique art style and dark comedy.
>>
it stood out amongst other shows of the time as a darker edgier alternative to the more innocent kids shows. it also had a sense of humor that was infectious (even if it was annoying) and an overall approach to things that made it feel bigger and more cinematic. Also the art department did a very good job of adapting Jhonen's art style to animation (not as easy as it looks) and on top of that the score is GOAT.

it kinda had everything.
>>
>>91085785
It was ahead of its time.
>>
I now have a MIGHTY NEED to watch this show again.
>>
>>91085821
Gir.
>>
I liked the animation, the dark humor and the lore.
>>
>>91085832

>"Unique art style"
>giant heads
>legs are a fucking one-pixel line

Every cartoons of 90s have this style
>>
>>91085785
It's always funny when Jhonen makes fun of the autistic fanbase
>>
>>91085785
it was funny
>>
>>91085909
The humor wasn't annoying, it was the kids who kept repearing "LOL PIG XD XD" over and over.

Just like how people overquoted the Chappelle Show, doesn't mean it wasn't cutting edge comedy at the time.

JH should have tried to get this on Adult Swim and it would have been perfect. CN would have become a fucking powerhouse.
>>
>>91085785
>High quality animation in a world of FOP looking shows which got better as the show went on.
>Attempts at world-building and continuity they were almost never seen in episodic cartoons.
>Mix of dark and sci-fi parody humor.
>Honestly one of the most believable depictions of a future earth.

It was also one of the few modern cartoons that revisited the classic "antagonistic main characters" formula. Although unlike most of its predecessors, you weren't really expected to root for either character. Just about everyone in the show was a terrible person regardless of their motivations.
>>
>>91085785
A surprisingly pleasant blend of 2d and 3d animation
Dark humor for a kids' show
>>
>>91085785
It wasn't. You just have autism and that's why you like it.
>>
>>91089095
Its quite refreshing to see a show where the "hero" is just as much as an asshole as the villain. Though personally I always rooted for Zim because its fun to watch him be a crafty, magnificent bastard while at the same time be his own underdog.
Also Gaz is cute!! CUTE!!
>>
>>91088620
Reminder:
>Got a few emails from people who were not at all amused by my “not taking things seriously”, and, you know, they’re right. I should be VERY serious about a show that was cancelled maybe a decade ago that has replaced the very soul in a great number of people who, without it, would crumple to the ground like a puppet of skin and poor grammar with its strings cut. ”That Vasquez is ****ing with ME again!” they say, their fists clenched, crushing the innards out of their hot pockets. ”Who does that bastard think he is?! I pay his bills, by gummit!” they howl as the camera pulls back to reveal their ZIM merchandise festooned room (closet), their ZIM wallpaper, GIR slippers, GIR hoodie, ZIM bedcovers, ZIM inhaler, Gaz hairspray, GIR waffle iron, Dib camel saddle, ZIM sweatpants and ZIM dvd boxset and tin of ZIM lithium. ”Your daughter’s making noise again!”, someone cries out in the rooms beyond. ”Oh, she’s MY daughter now, is she? I was only okay with having her because I thought she’d help you get over losing the dog!”, a different voice booms in response. “PATCHESSSSSSSS!”, is the first voice’s heartbreaking cry in response.
>>
Hot Topic the show, before Hot Topic was a thing
>>
>>91090845
I bought a zim tshirt from hot topic in like 2004. Well my mom bought it but still
>>
>>91086883
Name two other than this one.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.