[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This will be the best Marvel film since TWS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 1490612684529.jpg (107KB, 452x676px) Image search: [Google]
1490612684529.jpg
107KB, 452x676px
This will be the best Marvel film since TWS.
>>
Because Hulk and Thor movies have such a great track record, right?
>>
>>91082532
SSSHHHEEEEEIT
>>
>>91082532
Eh, I liked...errr, Dark world...yeah, now that I think that is pretty much all I liked form these two.

Unless we count the old animation movies, those were nice Planet Hulk, Hulk Vs Thor, Asgard Stories...that was good shit.
>>
>>91082506
I have faith in Taika Waititi
>>
>>91082506
>movie starring the norse god of thunder
>named after the viking apocalipse
>co-starring a green monster of rage
>they're going for a more comedic route

It's gonna suck.
>>
>>91083064
Ragnarok isn't the Viking apocalypse. Common mistake.
>>
>>91082532
Incredible Hulk was great.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (8KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
8KB, 236x214px
>>91082506
to be fair I don't expect much from it, but for some reason it's the upcoming movie I'm most interested in seeing
>>
you mean "Civil War" op
>>
You guys really need to see What we do in the Shadows and The Hunt for the Wilderpeople

https://youtu.be/W2w3H_oLSIU
>>
>>91082506
Doubt it, but it might be fun.

>>91083216
For me it's because it seems to be trying something slightly different, and I can't help but find the cheesy 80's vibe it's trying to capture a little charming. That said, it will actually deliver on said charm, but for the time being I too am interested.
>>
>>91083319
What We Do in the Shadows is hilarious. I trust Taiki for that alone.
>>
>>91082506
I've been saying this for YEARS

Marvel's smartest move is doing straight up comedies like GotG and Antman

this'll make a billion guaranteed
>>
>>91082898

What could you have possibly liked about it? The inconsistent tone? The overdone melodrama over the death of a character the audience was barely introduced to? The completely unremarkable villain that was less of a threat to the title character while he had cosmic power than his lackey?
>>
>>91083038
Basically this
>>
File: 463863983.jpg (41KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
463863983.jpg
41KB, 351x359px
>>91082506
>literally butchering 2 storylines instead of just one

Any retard that thinks this will be good has never even read the comics.

They haven't given a reason for Hulk to be on Sakaar except 'muh loki'. He won't get any development and instead we'll get a 'lol smash' meme instead. All he'll be reduced to is a punching bag.
>>
>>91082506
its a dark horse, thats for sure
>>
>>91083461
>>GOTG 2 certainly will make a billion ($160 opening night predictions)
>>Spider-Man Homecoming hyped to make a billion
>>Thor 3 could make a billion
Marvel to make 3 billion dollars this year
>>
>>91083492
>Any person that thinks this will be good has total faith in the MCU because of their amazing track record.
ftfy
>>
>>91083492
Gee, it's almost like Universal keeping the rights prevents a future Hulk film so they merged Hulk with a struggling franchise.
>>
>>91083517
Marvel doesn't get any of the box office for Homecoming.

>>91083529
lol
>>
>>91083529
>amazing track record
>movies so bland that the best word to describe them is good

inb4 DCfag. I hate those more, but these are just repetitive. The jokes ain't funny, bar a few, and there's no character development at all.

Strange and IM1 probably had the most. Cap movies were the best though.

>>91083534
So what's your point? That the movie is still gonna do well? I don't give a fuck about rights, but if they can't do WWH on it's own, they shouldn't force it into another movie.
>>
>>91083541
>Not a single thing below 60% on Rotten Tomatoes
>13 billion dollar franchise
It's nothing short of amazing

but please tell us all about your "kino" trailer for a franchise no one wants to see
>>
>>91082506
>black valk

No
>>
>>91083461
>straight up comedies like GotG and Antman
Despite being some of the more comedic MCU movies, they're also ones where there's a core of human pathos in them too. I wonder if it's a coincidence both revolve around family and especially parent/child dynamics. Antman especially surprised me in it being about being a divorced father and didn't go for the easy "stepdad is an asshole and the divorcees get back together" route.

They're not great movies, there's nothing particularly deep about the emotional arcs they have. But they both have them at the center of their overall more lighthearted and comedy focused narratives which I think is key. Ragnarok looks to be going a different route, but it's also got a director who's proven his stuff elsewhere and hasn't fucking imploded on set yet. We'll just have to see if it manages to recreate the magic of GotG that they're obviously trying to set up here.
>>
>>91083461
Anan was hot spic trash
>>
>>91083617
Ant man*
>>
>>91083462
>What could you have possibly liked about it?
The aesthetics bascially, at least is visually more entertaining that the first one
>>
>>91083595
Still better than Gal Faggot and Scarjo
>>
>>91083571

Thor movies have been disappointing and have done the worse (although Ant Man and Wasp and whatever they do for a third movie will probably take that "crown" away from them).

WWH or Planet Hulk can't be done as a stand alone movie because Universal still has rights to distribute them, and since apparently Universal isn't as desperate as Sony OR Feige won't play nice with the suits at Universal, you'll just have to live with this shit or buy the Lionsgate animated version and be happy with it.
>>
>>91083571
>So what's your point? That the movie is still gonna do well? I don't give a fuck about rights, but if they can't do WWH on it's own, they shouldn't force it into another movie.

Like, a year or so ago, I would agree with you, but at this point I want to see how far Marvel can use up their well of material.
>>
>>91083319
oh shit. that guy's directing it? noice
>>
>>91082532
Thor 1 was okay. Thor 2 was mediocre. Neither of them were as bad as, say, IM3.
>>
>>91085341
>oh shit. that guy's directing it?
You bet he is
>>
>>91083492
dumb comicfag
>>
Disregarding contracts and the fact Natalie Portman apparantly hates the Jane Foster role, just breaking Thor and Jane up in MCU feels very glurgy writing-wise, reminds me of Megan Fox's deal with Transformers.
>>
>>91083224
Extremely over rated and not as good as WS
>>
Hemsworth has small beady eyes
>>
>>91083100
so...what is it?
>>
File: Chris-Hemsworth-Instagram-4.jpg (32KB, 594x444px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Hemsworth-Instagram-4.jpg
32KB, 594x444px
>>91085926
but dreamy ones
>>
>>91082506
seeing Tho and the Big Green Machine bro it up in a storm of macho barbaric fury seems like a pretty sweet concept
>>
>>91085951
A fight between the gods and the frost giants where most of them die. A few gods survive, the earth is consumed in storms and flood, but eventually resurfaces and is repopulated by what amounts to Adam and Eve
>>
>>91082532
The Hulk of Norton wasn't that bad
>>
>>91086055

So, an apocalypse?
>>
>>91086055
moron
>>
>>91083319
Oh man, currently rewatching What We Do In The Shadows right now. Loved it.

At any rate, I'm fine with them adding more (better) comedy in Thor, since it's not like they didn't do any jokes in the previous movies as long as it's not as cartoony as the trailers which, while enjoyable, would be too huge of a departure from this series' tone. Step by step changes are important, you know?
>>
>>91086965
>>91086988
Do you consider the biblical flood an apocalypse?
>>
Is Thor not supposed to get his hammer back at the end of this movie?
>>
>>91085669
He's like a better looking rick fox? When is going to slam eliza dushku.
>>
>>91082506
No, it won't. Know why? Cause it's fucking MCU Thor and he's still played by hemsworth.
>>
>>91091468
You say that like either of those are bad things.
And they certainly aren't.
>>
>>91091555
>hemsworth-sama with his shirt off!! ^_^
Yeah, figures. Cause it sure as fuck isn't for his "acting" that you love these movies.
>>
>>91087611
you mean the one that ended almost all life on the planet?
>>
>>91091555
They are. Both Thor movies have been total trash, why would this be any different? They actually rewrote the story just to make it "funnier"
>>
>>91082506
Taika didn't walk out like Wright so maybe they actually let him make a good movie.
>>
>>91091846
>maybe they actually let him make a good movie
And maybe pigs will fly.
>>
>>91082532
Norton Hulk was awesome.
>>
File: pepe pepe.jpg (26KB, 532x355px) Image search: [Google]
pepe pepe.jpg
26KB, 532x355px
>>91087611
>Do you consider the biblical flood an apocalypse?
>>
>>91091643
I like it for both thank you very much.
>>91091837
No supporting cast that people hated.
Has Hulk, Hela, Grandmaster, Sakaar, and is a cosmic road trip.
That's what's different.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.