[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Jack still pure-hearted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 30

File: Samurai-Jack-then-and-now.jpg (110KB, 815x539px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Jack-then-and-now.jpg
110KB, 815x539px
>In be4 Jack couldn't be harmed by the sword
>In be4 Jack never killed human beings
>Jack is fighting devil inside in latest season
>getting used to kill real human
>let Ashi fall even though he didn't have to
Is this show suggesting that 'to conquer evil you must be devil himself'?
I know the latest episode is all about decision and consequences and how it reflects one's true nature, but perhaps Jack is revealing his darker nature?
If so, maybe the show will end with Jack using his sword to end Aku while he himself is harmed by the sword or suffers from a fatal blow from it. I think it would be epic and ironic.
What do you think, anon? How would you like the show to end? Any more suggestions/opinions?
>>
I think the message was "It's okay as long as it's self defense and your last resort".
>>
When jack travelled all over the world to train as a lad, it sure wasn't in anticipation of fighting lifeless robots, friend.
>>
>>91064279
>let Ashi fall even though he didn't have to
Ashi made it especially clear that she'd never give up on chasing Jack and that if he tried to help her she'd tries to kill him in return.

Or at least that's Jack's opinion at the moment.
>>
>>91064333
True, but the purpose was to seek revenge from Aku not other mortals.
>>
>>91064378
But would the old Jack do the same? I somehow can't comprehend the idea that good old Jack would just let a young girl fall from cliff without sadness on his face.
>>
>>91064279
I think that would be cheap dark and edgy just for the sake of it, and it would ruin a lot of what Samurai Jack was about.

This shouldn't be another Tarantino B-movie. Jack serves a purpose, and his nature would be denied by pulling out some "b-but i'm only human!" bullshit. Jack is better than that, and i hope Tartakovsky keeps that in mind.
>>
I dont think jack killing the brats in self defence makes him less pure.

But the 50 years of struggles and failure sure did made him jaded.

I mean, in the first episode he activelly avoided goinv to the attacked village till he had 2 mental breakdowns.

Scaramouche said he destroyed the place to bait jack days before their fight, and we saw it blowing up on screen.
>>
File: ronin.jpg (107KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
ronin.jpg
107KB, 567x437px
>>91064279
>If so, maybe the show will end with Jack using his sword to end Aku while he himself is harmed by the sword or suffers from a fatal blow from it. I think it would be epic and ironic.

In other words Samurai Jack's inspiration comes full circle.
>>
>>91064530

It wasn't a happy face he was making, really.

Plus you seem to be moving under the impression that he wasn't chased for days, attacked, punctured, hurt in any posible way, verbally assaulted as well... I mean, the show does a pretty good show of making Jack human and not a Paragon or a deity.

This all after 50 years of being persecuted and losing his grip on his sanity.

What do you suggest he should had done? And keep in mind he used his wise father, whom he clearly loved an respected, as an example and that he doesn't know the back ground for the daughters of Aku, nor that they live a lie.
>>
>>91064378
I think the fact that Jack looked so nonchalant about it bothers the fuck out of me. I don't expect him to help Ashi and beg for forgiveness but I expected him to look torn about ending human lives. This shows makes a spectacle out of visuals. Remember Jack vs 3 archers? Jack's face as he contemplated destroying the well was heartbreaking. I just expected a little more.
>>
>>91064279
I found it weird how he made a whole speech about choices and consequences when the girls lived there entire lives probably never making any choices. They always had one route in life, killing the samurai. But I guess thinking they had a choice made jack feel better about killing them or something.
>>
jack finally took the red pill and ditched the inherently wrong batfag morality blue pill
>>
>>91065171

Nigga, Jack doesn't know their life story.
>>
>>91065171
Also why he seems to feel no regret or have any problem with killing robots despite knowing they're really not any different from humans. He even made friends with some.
>>
>>91065164
>jack wandering around for fifty years
>implying nothing happened and he didn't kill anyone in that time

we're going to find out what happened in those fifty years. and it will explain jack's reaction
>>
>>91065207
I meant it more as I found it weird that he either thinks that everybody always has a choice in every situation, which seems incredibly naive, or he was just using that as an excuse to feel better about killing them.
>>
>>91065171
it's not like he knows that
>>
>>91065228
Same anon. Did you even watch the episode? Hallucination Jack literally Mulan was the 1st human kill
>>
>>91065164
I think it's just that, usually when you see Jack struggling it's because he's making a decision. Like should he still tries to ask the well about sending him home, or should he hold the Fairy hostage until she agrees to send him to the past.

Here, he made his decision back in the cave, he didn't enjoy killing the girls and I'm sure he'll feel sorry for them but when Ashi still tried to kill him and started cursing him he was done.
>>
>>91065246
I think that this is a plot point. He is naive, not so different from the sisters.

Wait until he discovers from Ashi how was their life. He will be pissed.
>>
>>91065250
>>91065246
>>
>>91064279
how the FUCK did he seriously never kill a human before? He's from a time when literally no culture on earth had any kind of value of human life except the jews, and even they regularly executed people. he saw his dad kill people, he knows it's normal.. so why didn't he?
i mean I guess he doesn't come across humans very often, but are you going to tell me he never killed any mutants or aliens? and as a young man, he never had to defend any of his foster villages from invading tribes?
also holy shit he heals well.
>>
>>91065282
Possibly, but he's like 70 years old at this point and regularly said the line "Then you leave me no choice". It just seems like he used it more as an excuse to not feel as bad about killing them. Of course then there's the next layer of hypocrisy when you take the whole mountain of robot corpses into the equation.
>>
maybe not pure hearted, but he's worthy now
upgrade the sword for a hammer
>>
>>91064279
>Jacks Father was pure hearted to the point that he could also wield his glowy armor along with the sword
>Jacks Father sliced up men Hattori Hanzo style

Killing people in self defense to protect something doesn't make you impure retards.
thats what the ENTIRE last episode was about.
>>
>>91065312
Word of god is that he never killed a human and humanoids don't count.
>>
>>91065431
I'm glad this show pushes that message, no kill dorks BTFO.
>>
>>91065279
Same anon. To that I would say: deciding that you were going to do something and experiencing it are different. He may have made his mind up about killing them, but myabe show some reaction to the blood or how about some cries of anguish or non-clean kills like one daughter slowly bleeding out. Really torture Jack with his decision. At least thats my take, maybe Gennedy can change my mind by the finale?
>>
>>91065500
I see your point, honestly if it went the way you described I wouldn't have felt it out of place, but I guess having Jack killing them and interiorizing the regrets he feels in doing so shows how resolved he became.
>>
>>91065498
but then again Violence begets Violence

when you REALLY think about it this is all one huge misunderstanding and a lie.

If it were to be exposed that thier entire life was a lie everything would've been fine.

its a bittersweet truth really
>>
>>91065688
>Violence begets Violence
only if you fail to finish off your enemies

peace is achieved through victory
>>
>>91064279
Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on. Last episode I remember watching of jack was him vs some black dude acting as the last gate keeper because jack wasnt ready to go back.
now I watch this and jack lost his sword and all portals are gone. Did I miss something. I feel like id remember that.
>>
>>91065727
>Did I miss something
a 50 year time skip
>>
>>91065688
>Violence begets Violence
Yeah but remember, Anon - in the end it has to be this way.
>>
File: 1490498249560.png (385KB, 604x741px) Image search: [Google]
1490498249560.png
385KB, 604x741px
>>91064279
>is Jack still pure-hearted?

No. But that doesn't mean it's "over" for him.

There's a clear reason why Ghost-Jack is resembles his original seasons 1-4 design. We associate Jack's default design with our (largely or likely innocent) childhoods and the old-series Jack, who was once an extremely noble, good, kind, gentle, pure-hearted and determined person... but even then, this was only retained through luck.

The fact that Ghost-Jack is becoming more and more twisted, self-hating, aggressive and outright evil in his hallucinations is proof & foreshadowing that Jack is slowly losing his humanity.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see Ghost-Jack in upcoming episodes, his form and manner becoming more demonic (or maybe even Aku-like) with each and every new self-conflicted hallucination scenario. It'll probably reach a resolution where Jack has to mentally battle his "inner demon" in order to regain his hope and his true, altruistic self.

tl;dr - Jack is no longer pure, Ghost-Jack represents his corruption/loss of humanity; Jack will end up vanquishing Ghost-Jack in some pseudo psychological battle. He'll realize that he's no longer pure thanks to his immortal actions - but he can try to atone for his sins by striving to be the good man he once was in his past.

This directly parallels its original audience - who're now adults, having long lost most of their innocence - and perhaps their innate childhood dreams to bring good into the world.

We're supposed to self-insert as Jack: adulthood and the reality it throws us in is cold, cruel and harsh. It may push us to commit immoral actions in order to get by and survive. But as long as we don't abandon our innate childhood dreams & nature to do good - we can hope to better ourselves and those around us in the future. And through our actions, we might be able to save others from their own "demons" and sins. We'll see this expressed through his inevitable bond with Ashii in future episodes.
>>
>>91066093
d-damn...
>>
>>91066093
I want the adulthood meme to stop.

Everyone hates it, yet everyone keeps pushing it at the same time. Theres nothing wrong with being pure, and you lose your own self when you give that up, like Jack. New Jack is a manchild, like every other adult around.
>>
>>91066093
Plus Jacks now got Shinobi Shadow Warrior On Horse in his head influecning all hid decisions and actions by throwing up just the right dark memories from the shadowy corners of Jack's mind to trigger violence inducing mind cracking PTSD.
>>
>>91064279
it was self defense. not like they were just picking flowers and he decided to kill them just because
>>
>>91065353

Jack is not speaking to them to warn them or change their minds.

He is doing it to assuage his own conscience about the fact that he is going to knowingly butcher these chumps. He needs to feel like he gave them an option even though there was never any other route. He needed to feel like they chose so he could work unhindered
>>
File: ishydiggy jack hotchicks.png (681KB, 746x769px) Image search: [Google]
ishydiggy jack hotchicks.png
681KB, 746x769px
>>91064279
I hate this bullshit filosofical questions
The guy is fighting, and that's what fighting is

Jack didn't kill anyone because it was a CN show
The fact that the creators are trying to turn this into a life crisis for him and a relevant plot point is stupid. I don't undestand why they even entertain the idea, and why they made it canon that Jack had never killed anyone.

It's completely forced to his character, and anyone over twelve realises that the dilema of whether killing can be justified is a bullshit dilemma that holds no ground when reality knocks at the door.

>>let Ashi fall even though he didn't have to
In that line of thought, he didn't really need to defend himself in the first place.
He never left an enemy standing unless they surrendered, and that protocol hasn't changed.

>you must be devil himself'?
Nigger, fighting for your life is not being the devil. He is a lot "less pure" if you want, because his soul is crushed and hopeless, but he is not a devil for defending himself and being tired of Aku's shit.

The only thing that all this "OMFG no longer robots!!1" matter deserves was his surprised reaction, a then a quick acknowledgement by An Hero Jack, but without making such a fuzz about it
>>
>>91066646
>The only thing that all this "OMFG no longer robots!!1" matter deserves was his surprised reaction, a then a quick acknowledgement by An Hero Jack, but without making such a fuzz about it
So like they did in the show then?
>>
>>91066772
reading comprenhension please
>>
>>91064279

Seems like Jack has got to the point that he will do whatever it takes to win. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds out that he can't wield the sword.
>>
>>91066626
His mind isn't really healed right now. I think the only one capable of doing that at this point is Ashi. She's got to overcome her naivety first.
>>
>Doesn't kill people
>Episode 2 and 3 happens
>Remembers when he first saw someone die and his dad talking to him about not lying to himself about who he really is
>Which is a warrior, someone who is trained to kill
>To survive Jack can no longer lie to himself and fully embrace who he is
>>
>>91066863
>talk about reading comprehension when he can't even comprehend a kiddie show

Lol
>>
File: 1490401386578.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490401386578.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>91066410
>There's nothing wrong with being pure, and you lose your own self when you give that up, like Jack.

Being pure is an impossible pipe-dream ideology. At some point, we ALL end up losing our innate childhood innocence as we grow up. We ALL learn about violence, sex, murder, war, rape, inequality, tyranny, isolation, rejection, death, greed and so and eventually. And we come to experience many of these horrible truths at some point - be it through external situations that are out-of-control, or through our own actions as a means of survival or through our jaded self-interest we've created as a mans to protect ourselves That's just how life is.

But we can still strive to be good when we can. We can turn to the ideologies, experiences and happy memories of our childhood to inspire ourselves and to remind us that there is still some good in the world. We can even become a part of that good, if we have or try to find something or someone that's worth fighting for.

That's the point behind the childhood flashback with his father. Yes, his father killed those assassins - but it was justified and necessary (in his mind.) He wasn't doing it only as an act of self-defense, he was doing it to protect his wife & child and to a further extent, his people.

And even after the ordeal, he's still retains his kind and good nature around his son. He uses this kindness to forewarn Jack that this is the reality of adulthood and that he'll face similar situations once he grows up as well. Jack's father is still a good man because he has someone and something to fight for.

Jack does not have that anymore. He has no family, no friends, no lover, no country, no culture, no sword - and because of that, he's jaded. His humanity is fading from his psyche/inner self because of this.
>>
>>91067003
>Jack doesn't get laid
>Episode 4 and 5 happen with Ashi's redemption and fugging
>Remembers the first time he saw her mother working the night
>Embraces being a whore
>>
didn't he kill those bounty hunters ?
>>
>>91065246
as if this was the whole point or something
>>
>>91067125
Retconned. Didn't kill them, just injured them or knocked them out.
>>
File: albanian.png (104KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
albanian.png
104KB, 500x353px
Considering that his father used the sword to kill people who wanted to harm him and his family, I'd say that he's fine. Jack is destined to go back to the past and defeat Aku, and if someone stands in his way and won't back down, they've sealed their fate.
>>
>>91067003
>Just be yourself bruh
>You were never a good person, bruh, EVERYONE MUST be evil at some point bruh
>>
>>91067009
>That's just how life is.
That's not how life has to be. That's all weaklings keep preaching to feel better at everyone else being as bad as them. I am still pure-hearted, even knowing about all those things.
>>
So, the big bads that were almost KILLING jack, died almost instantly, huh?
>>
>>91067178
You're a pussy if you backdown.
>>
>>91064530
Remember when Jack fucked up those mercenaries in like one second? The only reason he didn't cut down the woman too is because she conceded defeat.

Pretty sure that even "old Jack" would have let her go if she kept shouting about how she was gonna kill him after being defeated.
>>
>>91067142
>retconned

But they were never dead. There wasn't even any blood.
>>
>>91065246
>>91065246
They did have a choice. Even if they were raised all their lives to only kill Jack, they always had a choice to stop, they were stronger than their mother and her followers, strong enough to escape and live, and when Jack was literally chewing through their sisters, they could have just stopped and walked away. Theres no need to excuse what Jack did, they came for his life, he took theirs instead, it's not a moral quandary, Jack got over that shit after the first daughter.
>>
>>91067278
>Get beaten hard
>Enemy repeatedly offers you the chance to leave
>"Backing down is for pussies."

This is why Japan got nuked twice
>>
>>91065171
All Jack sees is more paid murderers or Aku cultists. Even so, he gives them two chances to just piss off.
>>
>>91066093
How has Jack become corrupted, what fucking sins? Until the daughters arrived, Jack has been continuing to do what he has always done, hunt down and stop Aku's forces where he meets them, yes he hesitated in the first episode, but fuck, the man's tired. He hasn't committed any sins, he's a warrior whose been fighting an endless war for decades, he's losing hope and drive to keep going, because he believes theres nothing left for him. Get the fuck outta here with this dumb morality shit.
>>
>>91065164
Except the entire first half of the episode is Jack contemplating that he had killed a human being. His father talks about how choice leads you to your fate. Jack believes that the girls chose to die by attacking him, as Jack's choices had led to their creation and eventual battle. In essence, Jack saw himself as the creator killing the creation.
>>
>>91067288
The difference is he completely manhandled the mercenaries, they were nothing compared to him. The Daughters were a league beyond them, and showed they were exceedingly dangerous.
>>
>>91065171
>I found it weird how he made a whole speech about choices and consequences when the girls lived there entire lives probably never making any choices

Yes I believe that was half the point, like a, "you can choose for yourself now, you don't have to do this", but they kept blindly following their orders even though they knew what would happen to them
>>
>>91065312
Did you watch the last episode? He sees his father mow down like 10 guys at once and it clearly bothered little Jack
I wouldn't be surprised if that's a reason he's never killed anyone, because that shit scarred him
>>
>>91065500
Why torture him. It's not like Jack is fighting some noble enemies, or guardians, he's fighting assassins who were sent to kill him. He suffered over the first kill, but steeled himself in protecting his own life, just as he's done time and time again in killing Aku's robots, having him go "oh nooo they are people and they are dying by my hands" would be pointless angst and drama that would break up the tension of the scene and make Jack hesitate when he already prepared to fight for his own survival.
>>
File: Jack.png (188KB, 696x562px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.png
188KB, 696x562px
>>91065164
Yeah, he looks so happy.
>>
>>91067003
Actually this
>>
>>91067535
That's my point. He beat them, and the last one pulled a knife on him but eventually gave up and Jack left. If she didn't, he wouldn't have given her another chance.

In here, he gave them several chances to back off and they didn't, so neither timeskip jack nor old jack would have let them kill him.
>>
>>91067642
Or the fact that he never was forced into a corner like the daughters did. Every major enemy Jack has faced has been a machine, or something non-human, every fight with a human enemy either ends with them surrendering, or becoming an ally, and rarely has an enemy human been enough of a challenge that Jack had to kill them. This was Jack in a desperate struggle, he was fighting for his life here, and believed he was fighting machines to begin with, killing the first daughter was a huge shock for the guy, because he was never forced into a situation of killing a person. I don't get why people are confusing this as some subconscious blockage, the show literally spells it out
>>
>>91066093
I think you're right about the ghost-Jack becoming more demonic and corrupted, but I think your reasoning is wrong
He's not "losing his humanity", he's losing his sanity
>>
>>91067678
And again, the difference is threat level. Jack wouldn't have killed the mercenary woman cause he could easily best her in a fight. Jack chose to kill the daughters cause they were a threat, even on their own
>>
>>91067250
I think you two are talking past each other. He's describing innocence as inexperience or unawareness of true evil or what we must do when faced with dire circumstances. What do you define innocence or purity as?
>>
File: 1483730622620.jpg (60KB, 397x724px) Image search: [Google]
1483730622620.jpg
60KB, 397x724px
>all those Daughters died having never known what love or affection was
>>
>>91064279
I think he's not, and that's important. After fifty years of achieving only weak victories, being in the role of sole force of good against the ultimate evil has worn out on him. It's obvious that he's not the same honor-filled silent badass he used to be. He's desperate and ruthless.
>>
>>91068097
I'm sure they'll learn in HELL.
>>
>>91064415
yeah but I think the flashback/dream about his dad pretty much covered it. it's not just about self defense and last resorts like
>>91064325
said, not to say that's not related. but accepting that if that's part of his path then to not fret over it. that's how he's able to make the mental jump from "fuck I killed a person" to "ok I'm just going to kill them all it's no big deal"

so I guess overall this is just more of him being pure since it all leads back to what a persons path and destiny in life is.
>>
>>91065246
again, he has this whole "destiny" and "path in life" mindset. I don't think it's about feeling better and he seems pretty neutral about it once coming to terms about it. he's basically just telling them "attack me and die or leave and live" to reinforce the fact that despite knowing now they aren't robots, he's going to do what he has to do.
>>
>>91064325
No it wasn't. The message was that there's a murderous wolf inside of all of us. The only way to survive is to live in acceptance of that wolf
>>
>>91068097
When Jack realizes this, he'll go back in time far enough just to stop himself killing them.
>>
>>91065246
Motherfucker they literally stabbed him with no provocation and he offered them a chance to turn around and leave. Indoctrinated or no, Aku didn't cast some spell that kept them there. They could have turned and bailed at any time, It's not like their mother could do shit about it.
>>
>>91064279
I feel like it's more that, "It's okay if the assailant is trying to murder you and is choosing to risk their life to kill you". He gave them all a fair warning, but they chose to attack regardless; he feels it's justified because his father did the same thing; he was threatened, he offered to allow them to escape, they refused, and so he defended himself.

In a weird way it's showing that he's "grown up" a bit more, despite being like 80 or 90 technically.
>>
>>91065246
Bruh they CHOSE to attack him and trash his bike. They CHOSE to track him through the woods like an animal for DAYS.
>>
>>91066626
>There was never any other route

Except, you know, just turning around. Those bitches were so well trained that there's no way their mother could make them do shit if they bailed, and Aku wouldn't come after them because he doesn't even know they exist. There's a whole world of other routes, and that's what Jack offered them. They rejected those and died for it. Sad, but that ain't his fault.
>>
>>91068097
That's actually a genuine thought. They were raised their entire lives being taught that Jack was to be killed, while any form of "weakness" was beaten out of them. They had no idea what deer were, and the fact that the buck didn't try to kill the doe was enough to confuse them and make them angry.
>>
File: IMG_3515.png (825KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3515.png
825KB, 1334x750px
Post yfw
>>
>>91069167
THANK YOU BASED PEPE
>>
>>91069122
God knows what they would have done if they had seen two people kissing.

>autistic screeching
>>
File: ghostjack sudoku self.png (832KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ghostjack sudoku self.png
832KB, 1000x1000px
>>91064279
From the conversation with ghost Jack I see he´s still trying to be true to himself, but after 50 years he´s having doubts and is losing hope which its the point of the hallucinations and ghost Jack itself.
As for the killing human beans, I think the whole point of episode 3 is coming in terms of the unavoidable. He even game the daughters a chance to walk away.
>>
File: rf shino2.jpg (80KB, 807x711px) Image search: [Google]
rf shino2.jpg
80KB, 807x711px
>>91069167
>>
File: frog ahegao.jpg (81KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
frog ahegao.jpg
81KB, 1334x750px
>>91069167
>they are coming!
>opens up throat
>heart-shaped tongue
ok, I'm in
>>
>>91069281
>What is this?
>I think they are trying to devour eachothers' mouths.
>Then why not go for the throat? He was attacking it earlier, but he drew no blood. Certainly his teeth cannot be so dull.
>Look! He has knocked her down on his back and is now on top of her, this will certainly be her doom.
>Look at that fool, she is removing her clothes, she will only be more vulnerable.
>Why is he removing his clothes now?
>He has another sword?!
>She's screaming, but even though he is stabbing her, those are not the screams of someone being killed.
>Ashi... what is wrong?
>I feel funny girls.
>>
File: pepe rare.gif (1MB, 895x680px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rare.gif
1MB, 895x680px
>>91069167
When were you when Jack was blessed by the meme gods?
>>
>>91068836
Or, you know, go back in time and kill Aku so those girls are never born to suffer such a life.
>>
>>91065022
neat!
>>
>>91065022
I doubt Jack will die fighting Aku. Every time Aku and Jack fight it's made abundantly clear that Jack is far stronger than Aku, when the final confrontation comes about, if Aku has no way of escaping, he will get his shit ruined.
>>
File: 1490408198949.jpg (102KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
1490408198949.jpg
102KB, 600x471px
>>91064279
they're gonna go oldboy aren't they?
>>
>>91070144
And undo everyone he ever met?
>>
File: LOLIOP.jpg (154KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
LOLIOP.jpg
154KB, 480x480px
>>91069167
>>
>>91070521
Yes. Doing so creates three outcomes
>His home and the future is never corrupted by Aku's influence and destroyed
>Everyone who came about directly because of Aku is likely not to exist or exist in another form
>Everyone who has suffered under Aku's reign will never have to
Not everyone Jack met was born or created due to Aku's existence, most existed in lives of their own, and only encountered Jack DUE to Aku's future.

A world where Jack returns to the past is a world free of Aku's tyranny and suffering
>>
>>91069167
>>91070027
>>91070106
PRAISE HIM
>>
>Jack kills Aku
>His soul is so corrupted he becomes the new embodiment of evil
>>
>>91070833
t. i never watched the original show
>>
>>91065688
Jack gave them a choice other than violence, just like his father did.
They didn't took it.
>>
>>91070517
Hot
>>
>>91067178
>his father used the sword
I don't think he regularly used the same sword that defeated Aku to defeate some mere mooks.
>>
>>91071596
They don't understand their choices.
>>
>>91066093

A fucking fag like genndy didn't think of this shit
>>
>>91065164
The well was Jack's way home before he found out it was evil, that's why he was so conflicted about destroying it
>>
>>91071674
The point is, Jack's father murdered the fuck out of people, and he could use the sword no problem.
>>
The show isn't here to teach you a lesson, it's to be a story.
>>
>>91064279
His dad probably killed people way before he fought Aku, yet the gods thought him righteous and pure enough to be their champion.
>>
File: IMG_0890.jpg (312KB, 1241x1760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0890.jpg
312KB, 1241x1760px
He's whitewashed.
>>
>>91065171
accepting a difficult decision =/= excusing it.

It's not like Jack was all chipper and whistling after the deed was done.
>>
>>91067250
"I am still pure-hearted, even knowing about those things."

Someone who is truly pure-hearted wouldn't be a braggart.
>>
>>91071674
It's probably a good thing that Jack's dad wasnt able to get the sword in time. Too many bad end scenarios:

1) Best case scenario, he manages to best Aku, but this time, the demon has the good sense to retreat like he does with Jack. Aku proceeds to be a constant elusive eternal scourge upon mankind

2) The Emperor bests Aku, much like Jack did in the first episode. Aku sends him to the future and without the comprehensive training of his son and lacking Jack's youthful strength, the Emperor doesn't last nearly as long

3) Worst case scenario, older and lacking the enchanted armor of the gods, the Emperor falls in battle, allowing Aku to claim his sword
>>
>>91064279
He killed people that would've killed him and even gave them a chance to leave. The show is just embracing the notion that sometimes you have to do morally grey things in a world where the concept of good and evil has no real definition. People might agree in general but nobody really can say what is right or wrong.
>>
>>91075750
lol
most asians aren't actually yellow anon, hell, the older samurai jack was more racist than the reboot
>>
>>91075750
I agree. All asians in cartoons should be like Omi from Xiaolin Showdown, otherwise it's blatant, racist, whitewashing.
>>
>>91071692
then they don't understand what they're doing when they kill Jack.

The true evil here is the cult that brainwashed them.
>>
>>91077067
>>91076917
I fucking guarantee that poster is white. I guarantee it.
They gave him the nose he has as an adult. Does this person know Japanese people are known for having prominent noses as well as europeans? probably not?
>>
>>91070426
Why hasn't Jack stormed the Pit of Hate when he had the sword?
Killing Aku before seeking a portal would make his journey easier.
>>
>>91078395
I think it moves around or something
>>
File: 1490441321537.gif (279KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1490441321537.gif
279KB, 500x375px
>>91071658
No
>>
>>91075750
He has flashbacks where he imagines his younger self with the same skin and nose as he has now, because he's thinking back to some 70 odd years ago and the details are probably getting a little hazy.
>>
>>91075750
50 years could have done a lot to his skin tone over time, considering his entire life up until he fought Aku and was sent to the future was primarily him in his thin robe or near naked under the sun.

Even a year under all that armor can really pale you out.
>>
>>91065312
>how the FUCK did he seriously never kill a human before?

Because he never had to? This isn't hard, man. He outclasses everyone else to such an insane degree that he can defeat his opponents without having to kill them.

Except robots and aliens. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>91075750
Jack was yellow in his flashback where he drops the sword, so I dunno.
>>
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Seems pretty easy to understand.
>>
>>91065246
Shut the fuck up already you fucking liberal faggot.
>>
File: Samurai dad1.jpg (1MB, 1200x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai dad1.jpg
1MB, 1200x1339px
>is jack still purehearted

The light inside has broken but i still work.
>>
File: humans number 1.jpg (307KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
humans number 1.jpg
307KB, 800x600px
>>91064279
the most powerful heroes were the worst of villains to others

look back at ancient rome, how long were they rapacious conquerors before they wrote down about what great heroes they were?
>>
File: Samurai dad2.jpg (810KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai dad2.jpg
810KB, 1200x901px
>>91079735
>>
File: samurai dad3.jpg (1MB, 1200x1280px) Image search: [Google]
samurai dad3.jpg
1MB, 1200x1280px
>>91079748
>>
>>91079765
All this does is remind me that Jack probably hasn't seen the closest thing he has to a friend in years.
>>
>>91079748
>that side-cart

yee
>>
>>91079765
>>91079748
>>91079735
It's funny because they're all dead now.
>>
>>91064279
Of course he's pure hearted. The fact he had inner turmoil about it and had to accept it is proof enough.
>>
>>91066093
Jack hasn't committed any sin that renders him a bad person. The worst he has done is allowed himself to become tired.
>>
File: cyclopse.png (351KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
cyclopse.png
351KB, 1200x900px
>>91079740
though they must have had their moments
>>
>>91079960
He ignored the explosion in the first episode. Had he gone earlier he could have stopped people from being killed by scat bot.

Though everyone may already have been dead, it doesn't change the fact that he ignored what may very well have been an in progress massacre.
>>
>>91079787
it´s not "the closest thing" jack and scotsman are the best bros in any cartoon ever
>>
>>91080032
>He ignored the explosion in the first episode. Had he gone earlier he could have stopped people from being killed by scat bot.
He ignored it for a few hours. Scatbot said he had killed them days ago.

He also said he's done this multiple times.
>>
>>91080206
Read the second line of my post.

>He also said he's done this multiple times.
No he didn't.
>>
>>91080248
Yes, I'll agree that Jack would have been a huge asshole. He got lucky that it was pointless anyway.

And yeah, watch it again. This isn't the first trap.
>>
>>91064279
Nah he's edgy as fuck and always has been. Think of all the andies he murdered in cold blood.
>>
Of course he's pure hearted, he just never came across the delima of the warrior. You are told you are going to have to kill, but in his case he was raised to thinking about killing a primordial being, it's like killing an animal with hunting. It's kinda shitty but it's not a person.

He's just come the conclusion like many men before him, "Many people want me to die. I have to kill them before they kill me and this isn't out of enjoyment of murdering, it's because they are trying to ruin nice things that you are trying to do."

It's just an identity crisis which he got the fuck over during his healing process. He has a greater duty to the people and can't let a few misguided dickbags ruin it.
>>
>>91075750
so you are a tumblrite sjw right?
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 220x167px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 220x167px
>>91069995
>human beans
>>
Probably the best handling of the "no kill policy" I've seen. He clearly felt bad about it but the memory of his dad showed him that sometimes its necessary.

Makes sense for his character and makes sense logically. Enough of this Batman shit where the hero lets a murderous lunatic live just so he can come back the next day and kill more.

Jack's put up with this shit for 50 years and he's done with it
>>
>>91080435
It's not like Jack is just killing to kill either; he's doing in as a last resort, even allowing his enemy the chance to escape.
>>
>>91068644
cuddle with the murderous wolf
release attachments to your sense of human dignity
become the hunter and the hunted
>>
File: 1488320751628.jpg (46KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488320751628.jpg
46KB, 480x270px
>In FIFTY FUCKING YEARS Jack hasn't had to kill a single sentient being once
I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>91079735
>>91079748
>>91079765
this is some beautiful art, but it also hurts to look at

>>91080435
to be fair it's less that Jack had a no kill policy, it's more that he had managed to avoid having to deal with it in regards to humans till now
>>
File: 1433402847612.png (756KB, 922x811px) Image search: [Google]
1433402847612.png
756KB, 922x811px
Yay! the Justice League trailer is unstickied, now the entire front page can be Samurai Jack autism!
>>
>>91080601
He's fought many humanoid creatures before. He just managed to kick their ass and refused to kill.
>>
>>91080264
I just rewatched it and it is nowhere stated that there were other traps. Find me the line and I'll believe you. Otherwise, you're on crack m8.
>>
>>91080618
It is surprising that Jack didn't realize the daughters were human. Maybe he was just so scared that he didn't realize it.
>>
>>91080613
Clearly you missed the Atla days
>>
>>91080535
It's not real anon.
>>
>>91080694
Not at all.
Do you miss them?
>>
>>91080535
I think that just goes to show how dangerous the daughters were. Jack had to go all out in order to survive. He probably assumed they were robots since no living thing has ever given him that much trouble before. Other than the guardian maybe.
>>
>>91080613
... Where's that image from?
>>
File: samurai jack costanza bat.jpg (90KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack costanza bat.jpg
90KB, 720x404px
>>91064279
>>
>>91080722
Those interplanetary space hunters also took him down.
>>
>>91075750
This >>91076917
It was actually more racist they portraited him with a yellow skin before while asians have a normal pinkish/slightly tanned skin. He looks how his skin is suppose to be now. But in the end who gives a fuck except some dumb sjw like yourself.
>>
>aku watches jack slaughter the daughters on akutube
>suddenly incredibly aroused
>takes on human form
>"hello, samurai"
>jack knows it's aku, hatefucks anyway
>>
Does anyone have a webm of the deer scene?
>>
File: dio laugh.gif (246KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dio laugh.gif
246KB, 320x240px
>>91080809
>akutube
>>
>In ep 2, mentions this is the strongest foe ever
>Took a ton of time and effort to isolate and kill just 1, being injured in the process
>Takes down all the rest no problem
why
>>
>>91081597
see
>>91081592
>>
>>91081631
Fair but still doesn't sit right with me. You'd think after being trained your whole life you'd know not to split up and give him the 1v1s. Not to mention how easily they were killed, hardly putting up a fight individually.
>>
>>91081670
They were trained by a bunch of cultists. Sure it looks like they knew a bit about fighting but did these galls had experience with fighting someone like Jack? Did the cultists ever fight Jack 1v1? Doesn't seem like it because Jack didn't recognise the masked Aku girls as a group he fought against before.

Not forgetting Jack literally learned every fight technique from around the world + 50 years of fighting experience extra. Once Jack recovered both physically and mentally + the fighting experience against the Daughters before, they were no match against him.
>>
>>91081670
These are the same bitches that were taught to be strong and to never help eachother. While they know to work as a group it's clear they aren't supposed to be one unit. Their shitty training of never having eachothers backs fucked them over.
>>
>>91064325
>Others will come. You will have to kill them too. Or they will kill you. Or is that what you want?
>No

I think the message is clear = a greater evil requires at least some amount of evil to destroy
That's why Jack has been failing all these years - he was too pure
>>
>>91081597
Because he was first completely caught off guard, then he was on turf he knew well because he hunted there. Notice how he kept luring them to places where he knew they had less skill. Plus they only trained against themselves, not an actual opponent.
>>
File: cinnamon.png (229KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
cinnamon.png
229KB, 500x382px
>>91082110
>he was too pure
Gonna need an edit
>>
File: 1486176828796.gif (266KB, 478x369px) Image search: [Google]
1486176828796.gif
266KB, 478x369px
>>91064279
I just realised that Aku's essence is basically oil.

>yfw Aku makes peace with his thousand years of supreme reign and is just tired.
>sends Jack back to the past willingly, on one condition
>destroy his former self rather than imprisonment and change the timeline.

Jack cannot land the final blow and instead makes a truce with Aku, revealing what happens to the Earth if Aku becomes its official ruler. And then the episode becomes meta as fuck then shows images of OUR timeline and all the corporate greed and industrialization etc. fade to a black screen with Aku's laughter. WATCHA.
>>
>>91064333
Yeah, it was to fight a purely evil extraterristral demon.
>>
>>91065500
Maybe you can stop being a pussy?
>>
>>91065431
Ge did get the sword and armor way before he sliced those assassins though.
>>
>>91067003
I think it was also about how despite all, Jack saw his father as an upstanding figure and someone he deeply loved and cared for, still willing to kill to protect his own had having no qualms about it. I mean, he doesn't sit down Jack and tell him that he didn't really hurt them or some retarded shit a parent could tell their kid. He implies that he did kill them and that he would do it again without remorse. That's how Jack comes to realize that he can still be a person worthy of his father's quest despite killing humans.
>>
>>91067359
Bushido was corrupted by a warmongering government, same as most honor systems have at a certain point in history.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.