[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first 3 seasons of South Park didn't age well, The seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x339px
The first 3 seasons of South Park didn't age well,
The seasons that followed the movie are the golden age.
>>
>>91062235
>Season 16 - Season 20 are the dark ages
>I sense Season 21 will be the start of the Resurrection Age as South Park ends around Season 30

Trust me. I can see the future

I also sense: OP will be called a faggot in the near future for using a picture from the shitty Simpsons/Robot Chicken couch gag
>>
>>91062235
OP is a faggot
>>
>>91062235
South Park was pure goat between season 5 and 9.
>>
>>91063124
Finally someone who fucking understands
>>
>>91062235
holy shit what's that
>>
>>91062235
The jokes in the first few seasons were so weird and random, but not in any good way. They were just namedropping any third rate celebrity just to make fun of a celebrity. And they were people no one cared about at the time either.

The real funny aspect was that they were little kids that cussed a lot and one of them died a lot. That was new and fresh in 99'. But after years of McFarlane shows where people say anything at all and people die in every cutaway, it's nothing special at all. Just mundane paper cutout stuff that makes you wonder why anyone liked it at all enough to get a second season.
>>
>>91062235
The first 3 are the best ones, it was still occasionally good until recently though.
>>
>>91065691
Bootlegs
>>
>>91065921
I dropped it when the show turned into nothing but movie/tv parody after movie/tv parody around 08-ish. They clearly ran out of ideas so they just flipped channels until they found something they can pick on.

Now the show is just plain awful.
>>
>>91065772
>early season humor
South Park predated the explosion of internet culture. A lot of the steam we all blow off by shitposting was being channeled through shows like South Park. "We made Barbara Streisand a giant robot monster" was all you needed to land a joke because there wasn't a groundswell of craft breweries, internet celebrities and imaginary genders to reassure you that you're "an individual."

See Also: Celebrity Deathmatch, Family Guy, Robot Chicken

"Hey I remember that!" and "Yeah, famous people are dumb!" is the extent of it.
>>
I think the early season had a sort of offbeat charm to them, but yeah it's the stuff that followed the movie that I think was really the peak.
>>
>>91062960
Season 15 was the start of the decline. Season 18 was the only good season in the "dark ages".
>>
>>91063052
>>91062960
WITCHCRAFT!
>>
File: 1465724090985.gif (1MB, 510x326px) Image search: [Google]
1465724090985.gif
1MB, 510x326px
>>91066470
True shit
>>
Yeah I think season 2 is good. I love that Cartman reenacts the civil war.
>>
File: Yush.gif (2MB, 186x190px) Image search: [Google]
Yush.gif
2MB, 186x190px
>>91062235
I ... actually agree.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.