[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ice vs Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Iceman-vs-Pyro.jpg (60KB, 714x474px) Image search: [Google]
Iceman-vs-Pyro.jpg
60KB, 714x474px
Why are most fire based heroes always had the weakness of not being able to control/create fire? while Ice people are always one of the strongest?

How would you retcon the two so that both would be equal?
>>
>>91060941
It's just that fire based powers are never used creatively, they are just usually shooting streams of fire about or throwing fireballs, I've never seen them be used to heat someones eyeballs up until they explode or cause a small explosion in someones lungs to take them out. Where are the heroes who can heat up their hands to a high enough temperature to melt through solid rock?
>>
>>91060941
>they are just usually shooting streams of fire about or throwing fireballs

Yeah, what the fuck is up with this?

Fire based heroes only have 3, fucking 3 moves

>fire streams
>fire balls
>fire flight

How do we fix fire based powers anons?
>>
Why do ice based people always have a tragic backstory?
>>
>>91061171
They do? What the hell is Bobby's tragic backstory? "Waaah I was the most ignored of the original X-Men (after Angel) and then I turned gay"?
>>
>>91061072
Like >>91061032 said, heating up ones hands to melt through rocks would be cool. One that came to mind are firebombs, they act like fireballs but you place them down and, either after a set amount of time or at the will of the creator, they explode. Another would be something like the Human Torch's own flame body but instead of flight, it acts like a suit of armor that melts and burns anything that gets within it's area, like maybe bullets wont work since by the time they reach you, your flaming aura has melted them down.
>>
Ice people can usually spontaneously create ice by pulling water out of their environment, so you'd just have to have fire people by able to ignite oxygen in their environment.
>>
Fire isn't solid, so you can't really use it to make constructs.
Additionally entropy means that ice will always win eventually.
>>
>>91061032
>>91061072
>I've never seen them be used to heat someones eyeballs up until they explode or cause a small explosion in someones lungs to take them out

That's because 90% of the time the fire needs to be generated from the user's hand, so unless he/she's touching the other guy, those kind of distant attacks aren't possible.

That being said, Inferno used his fire powers to melt Logan's skin and buy some time during the shitshow that is IvX, so there's that.
>>
>>91061072
>heat mirages
Distort and hamper visual/ causes huge air turbulence.
>ignite local atmosphere
Big boom, followed by massive air wave
>>
>>91060941
>Why are most fire based heroes always had the weakness of not being able to control/create fire?
Who exactly are you talking about?
>>
>>91064690
I honestly can't think of any others besides Pyro who can control fire but not create it.
>>
>>91061072
Didn't Pyro use to make all kinds of fire constructs?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.