[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Barry become a knockoff version of his own successor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: large.png (164KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
164KB, 500x334px
How did Barry become a knockoff version of his own successor?
>>
fucking bump
>>
The same way Johnny Blaze did, good writers revamped a 2nd rate superhero property and when it got popular brought back the boring old guy for nostalgia reasons
>>
his successor had a a character, Barry didn't. The rest was just character osmosis
>>
File: 1486356998708.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1486356998708.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>91059180
Because life is unfair and DC hates Wally West.
>>
>>91059180
When Johns realized the only way to keep Barry relevant in the DCU was to up his power level to Wally's tier.
>>
>I want to bring back [character] because he was my favorite when I was a kid!
>But he got replaced for a good reason and his replacement is a much better character.
>I know, I'll just use all the good parts of the new character to rewrite my favorite character!
>This definitely doesn't ruin everything, both invalidating the old character by essentially turning him into the new one and demoting the new character to an eternal second fiddle role.
>Not at all!
>>
File: ATUBwrI.jpg (128KB, 740x820px) Image search: [Google]
ATUBwrI.jpg
128KB, 740x820px
Barry isn't interesting as Wally, didn't had as much of character development and this >>91060913
>>
>>91059180
Morrison tried to bring him and aquaman back. Johns cockblocked him with aquaman and then did the terrible flash rebirth with no real idea of what to do with the character. It pretty much just Johns wanting to develop a character, getting bored and leaving others to clean his mess.
>>
File: whatthefuckDC.jpg (1MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckDC.jpg
1MB, 3975x3056px
>>91061074
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: 1488887111522.png (738KB, 834x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488887111522.png
738KB, 834x640px
>>91059180
>this thread again
>>
>>91059180
>>91059268
>>91059305

Fuck off OP. No one cares.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.