[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the most autistic retcon in the history of comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Autistic retcon.png (3MB, 1830x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Autistic retcon.png
3MB, 1830x1212px
>that time Gruenweld retconned the weight of an ACTUAL REAL-WORLD plane to better fit in with his autistic power levels
>>
>>91058321
>"250 ton air craft"
>"He has lifted a DC-10 (25 tons)"
>>
>>91058321
Neither is correct
>>
>>91058321

It looks like he was simply off a digit, right? Somewhere along the way he got a 250 ton airplane transposed down to 25 tons.

This was pre-internet, he could've looked it up in a libary book that itself had a typo'd value.

Don't blame Gruenwald anyways, this was a Byrne power feat that Gruenwald was left to explain. Heck, I thought it was weird that Sasquatch wasn't a Class 100 brick anyways, he is nothing but upper body mass.

This is the most autistic *concern* I've seen on /co/ today, I'll give you that.
>>
>>91058634
it can weigh 250 tons depending on how its loaded. so no, first was correct.
>>91059080
no, he clearly said 70 tons afterward. so typo makes no sense, scrub
>>
>>91058321
Johns retconning the speed force into being Barry Allen himself and having Jay be inspired by him despite being his predecessor should be pretty high on the list.
>>
File: 66236569.jpg (27KB, 462x348px) Image search: [Google]
66236569.jpg
27KB, 462x348px
>>91059155
>>
>>91059262
I don't know but I'm positive John Byrne was involved.
>>
>>91059262
Johns revealing that Superboy is a clone of Superman and Lex long after it was established that he was a clone of Superboy and the guy who ran Cadmus all because it was an idea he had 10 years before and even got a letter printed in Superboy where said theory was shot down is even more autistic.

I would say just about every Slott retcon too but especially the Universe-A bullshit to explain away any inconsistencies (no see it was actually people from another universe taking the place of their 616 counterparts) which was born from the fact he was mad Austen had Juggernaut sleep with She-Hulk years earlier.
>>
>>91059342
Remember when Byrne went scorched earth in the Doom Patrol in the mid 2000s and tried to wipe out all previous stories and connections to other characters (Beast Boy never being with them and stuff)? That lasted like a year until Johns stuffed the old stuff back in with Infinite Crisis
>>
>>91060177
No because I have tried to bleach Byrne's Doom Patrol run from my mind.

Jesus fucking christ was that bad.

And he just HAD to fucking squeeze a pedo scene in there.
>>
>>91060526
...what was the pedo scene?
>>
>>91060595
I'm not the same guy and I don't have the picture, but there was a scene between Robotman and someone else, that had the woman confessing her love or something for him that she had since she was young, similar to the other Bryne scenes (young Sue, young Lana)
>>
>>91061002
That wasn't what happened.

Robotman and Elasti-Girl had their minds sent back in to their younger bodies. But due to time travel wackery, both Cliff and Rita saw each other as their adult/pre-Doom Patrol freak bodies.

Which led to the cops reading Cliff the riot act when they caught Cliff consoling a distraught Rita and Cliff realizing that Rita was WAY WAY WAY younger than everyone thought and was inhabiting a 10 year old body.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.