[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts about Civil War II?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Thoughts about Civil War II?
>>
>>91032203
Better than anything DC has ever put out.
>>
File: Isaac Asimov_1951_Foundation.jpg (103KB, 800x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac Asimov_1951_Foundation.jpg
103KB, 800x1311px
>>91032203
Carol was right.
>>
>>91032318

>Execute people even when their points on a flawed legal system are valid
>'Muh patriotism means I can't be wrong'

Bugger off Danvers, even Tony felt some remorse.
>>
>>91032203
>What if Minority Report was a shit and poorly written story?
>>
>>91032318
CW2 isn't close to how anything in Foundation works.
>>
>>91032815
it's the only story I can think of where anything like Ulysses is a good thing
>>
>>91032842
Spoilers if you care about the sequel book I guess: Seldon's plan starts to beak down when things he didn't predict with psychohistory start happening, like the appearance of an extremely powerful mutant with mind control powers.
>>
File: POITOP2.jpg (262KB, 1259x835px) Image search: [Google]
POITOP2.jpg
262KB, 1259x835px
It could have been perfectly moral idea if it was handled by competent people.
>>
>>91032895

What people always forget is that Seldon required an entire society devoted to psychology who manipulated things behind the scenes to keep things on track, psychohistory was impressive and right on the grand scheme, but he knew that the future changed easily so planned for it by having two Foundations.
>>
>>91033220
And you seem to be forgetting that Seldon was nothing more than a pawn in a greater plan. Robots on the moon control everything.
>>
>>91035098

This is what I get for not reading Foundation and Earth
>>
you're months late
>>
>>91035185
This is off-board, but you may also miss out on the fact that Mass Effect 3's ending was sublime as fuck if you haven't read that series, because while the series does well enough on its own, if you approached it as just another dumb action franchise instead of paying attention to the world building and symbolism, the choice straight out of Foundation's Edge could have put you straight.
>>
>>91035449

And I thought my Saberhagen reading was enough for ME
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.