[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I need to be Kingsplained. What exactly happened here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: BM_17_pg3.jpg (973KB, 1500x2306px)
BM_17_pg3.jpg
973KB, 1500x2306px
I think I need to be Kingsplained. What exactly happened here?
>>
Bane broke in and hung Dick, Jason, and Damian from the ceiling. Batman got them medical attention, and brought them to the fortress of solitude to recuperate, and to be kept as far away from the fight as humanly possible.

What about that wasn't obvious, OP?
>>
>Bruce told the Robins + Duke not to go after Bane
>The Robins went after Bane anyway
>Bruce, Alfred and Gotham Girl find the Robins hung in the Batcave
>Surprisingly, they are not dead.
>Bruce takes them to the Fortress of Solitude because he realizes that they'll just go after Bane again if he doesn't get them out of the way.

Jobbing basically.
>>
>>91028920
So he intentionally didn't kill them? Why?
>>
>>91028879
King wanted to show Bane as a threat and get the robins out the picture.

He then completely wipes that threat build up by having Batman get right back up after a 10 page beatdown and forces Bane into a situation where Bruce has a clear advantage.

>>91028984
All three are starring in their own ongoing series.
>>
I love how Batman is going to all this trouble when he could literally ask Supes to punch Bane in the face.

Why can't they have the Psycho Pirate healing sessions at the Fortress instead of the creepy basement at Arkham?
>>
>>91029039
Does Bane have any problem with killing though? If I was Bane I'd see no reason not to kill the Robins. That would actually Break Batman more than just punching him a lot.
>>
Am I stupid that at first I thought they were actually dead and Batman had some Venture Bros-style clones of them lying around at the Fortress of Solitude?
>>
why'd he put their suits back on after cutting them down from the noose
>>
>>91029130
I just handwaved it to Gotham Girl's unhinged state being a big threat if she got loose in the fortress compared to the relatively low tech safety of Arkham.
>>
>>91029319
Gotta keep up the #brand
>>
>>91029130
Well you know...reasons.
>>
>>91029130
>Why can't they have the Psycho Pirate healing sessions at the Fortress instead of the creepy basement at Arkham?
Because then Batman couldn't throw a hospital of his own Rogues at Bane.

"I mean how BADASS is Batman, right?" I think that's King's general understanding of the character.
>>
>>91029296
nah, that would actually be pretty fun
>>
>>91029319
When your cast is a bunch of generic white males you need some kind of distinguishing feature
>>
I'm trying to decide is the outlandish shit that happens in King's run is actually charming or if it's just masturbatory.
>>
>>91029500
King's run was already pretty un-Batman when he established two Gotham vigilantes who were like Superman.
>>
>>91029500
I thought the McDonalds bit was cute. The amount King is building up Bane as Batman's ultimate enemy is a bit much for me though. I don't really care about Bane.
>>
>>91029730
This Editorial-driven Bane wank is nauseating
>>
>>91029730
Read Bane's original story.

Its not King building him up as his apex, rather this is basically how their original story went except in reverse. Do you go "oh man such fucking wank garbage bullshit" when Batman beats all his villains? Bane and batman are equal in brains, and Bane has a bit more brawn, yet somehow Batman comes out ahead usually. What is it Bane lacks therefore, is it a proper drive that gives Batman that obsession to fight crime? Bane has that drive occasionally that makes him more dangerous than almost any other Batman villain, this isn't some new thing, this is something that he's had since his original story. The problem with Bane is that he's just got prison mentality, he wants to beat the strongest guy around and have respect be a kingpin, but once he's accomplished his goal he doesn't know what he's doing anymore at times. He fizzles out since his plan isn't long term.

Original story Bane beat Batman by having him fight all his villains unto wearing him out, in order to finally take him down head on, while also showing that he could have taken him head on the entire time with his abilities but he really just wanted to be a total dick about it.

This time Batman had Bane fight all the villains as it wears him out.
>>
Christ, why is King's Batman so bad? And when will he get to write for some other character?
>>
>>91029904
Having the hero at a disadvantage is a simple part of writing an engaging story.

Having the villian at a disadvantage is dull.
>>
>>91029500
I've found it pretty lacking. I just don't think the tone/voice King is using works in the Batman story. I mean the run is set up with fatalism, with Batman's almost-death and acknowledgement he will die, and all of King's good stories also use that tone - Omega Men, Vision and Sheriff of Babylon. The problem is this isn't a miniseries, an independent project or something sitting mostly out of the main universe where that fatalism and sense of dread and consequence actually has an impact. It's Batman. It's a much bigger ask to get on board with it, and I'd argue the other comics do it much more effectively than Batman has in the first place too.
>>
>>91030217
They should put him on something that actually works with his dark and dramatic CIA thing. Maybe Suicide Squad, maybe L.E.G.I.O.N or Darkstars or something like that.
>>
>>91030391
Don't agree.
>>
>>91030421
I used to wish for King L.E.G.I.O.N. but judging by Batman it wouldn't be good. L.E.G.I.O.N. needs a strong grasp of character voices and a good, dark sense of humour. Omega Men *is* the perfect set-up for a new L.E.G.I.O.N. series.

The first issue/arc would obviously be Vril Dox overthrowing Kalista's rule of the Vega System (possibly by allying with the former Omega Men)...then offering her a job.
>>
>>91030501
Yeah, I'm not sure if he could handle the dark humour but at least he should be able to do the "large scary organisation" part justice. It really felt like Omega Men was heading there, and with the GLC temporarily gone it was a perfect opportunity, but apparently not.

First he breaks out of some prison, then he goes to unfuck Colu because the Tyrants should be canon, and then he goes and "rescues" Vega to get himself some fame and a new HQ.
>>
I know its blasphemy to say here nut i prefered snyders batman
>>
>big Batman story
>Robins get thrown under the bus to make the big bad seem imposing
It happens in basically every story like this. Nothing really new.
>>
File: tom king admits he's a hack.png (10KB, 559x66px) Image search: [Google]
tom king admits he's a hack.png
10KB, 559x66px
Reminder that even King has realized that he can't write.
>>
>>91029130
>I love how Batman is going to all this trouble when he could literally ask Supes to punch Bane in the face.

Honestly, this sounds hilarious.
>>
It is okay because Duke will save the day.
>>
>>91030992
Savage
>>
>>91030421
Yeah I have no idea what he should work on next. A GL book would be nice judging by the oneshot he did. My dream King book would be a Steve Rogers one since he said Cap and Dick are his favorite characters. That ship has sailed for the time being, but god my dick is diamonds just thinking about a Cap book by him.
>>
>>91029296
>that at first I thought they were actually dead and Batman had some Venture Bros-style clones of them lying around
That would make more sense than what actually happened, senpai.
>>
>>91031159
In not sure if he could actually write a proper GL book, his one shot was brilliant but it was more introspective and philosophical than most GL stories. I'm also not sure if he could write a team that's more cohesive than the Omega Men.
I kinda want to see him on a general "space stuff" book though. Just small stories with the various corps, factions and planets/species in the universe.
>>
>>91031420
I wonder how he would do with some dark DC properties. I'd be curious to read some Hellblazer/Animal Man/Swamp Thing etc. by him.
>>
>>91031420
He has a good appreciation for Hal though. Said he's his favorite character to write, and he seems to have a sense of the gung-ho fun that the character entails.
>>
>>91031420
I think he could actually pull off interesting space cop stuff which is why he should be on L.E.G.I.O.N.
>>
>>91029130

Does Batman EVER, and I mean *EVER* just ask someone else for a simple solution who is not already invovled in Gotham or with the threat of the moment?

He called the green lanterns because there was yellow light fuckery happening, sure, but that was their job. He never really asks anyone else to drop by and give him a hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce's thought bubbles were full of [autistic screeching] whenever another cape appears in gotham uninvited even if he's completely silent.
>>
>>91031775
L.E.G.I.O.N. are really space paramilitary.
>>
File: REBELS #18 (2).jpg (492KB, 1600x1244px) Image search: [Google]
REBELS #18 (2).jpg
492KB, 1600x1244px
>>91031801
Wonder if King ever had to deal with PMCs when he was with the CIA.
>>
>>91031901
I've seen some people bitch about Braniac as a physical threat but that scene where he corners Vril in the corridor is great and you totally get why he's so fucking scary, even to Coluans. I've seen people bitch about the extended Braniac family too, but with Vril and Querl around that's just bad taste.
>>
>>91032108
He's like 2+ meters tall, half machine, jacked as hell, probably on some heavy steroid-like substances and a massmurdering socio/psychopath, how's that not intimidating?

The others aren't as intimidating but anyone who can out-think you at every turn and who might be just a tad bit psychotic isn't exactly the kind of guy you shouldn't keep an eye on. And one of them has a absolutely enormous military organisation behind him.
>>
>>91032108
>I've seen people bitch about the extended Braniac family too

fuck them
>>
>>91032253
The bitching there is more about the existence of them, i.e. that it's comics' schizo branching out gone too far and Braniac should just be the 1 Braniac, Superman villain, purely that.
>>
>>91032403
Wow, shit taste right there. The "sins of the (great great grand)father" angle is pretty cool and it's not like their existence takes away from the original's villainy...
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.