[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT shitty comics from good source material.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 28_Days_Later_01.jpg (67KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
28_Days_Later_01.jpg
67KB, 300x456px
>ITT shitty comics from good source material.
>>
>>91016281
oh hey I read that for a class once

it was pretty shit
>>
>>91016288
>love the first movie
>tolerate the second one
>accept the aftermath book
>read the comic
>would not even use its pages to wipe my ass Shrek style

It's horrid.
>>
>>91016310
The staples would probably hurt your anus.
>>
>>91016322
Less than reading the actual comic did.
>>
>>91016281
Most of the Silent Hill tie in comics I've read are also pretty terrible.
>>
>>91016345
Ha. You got me there.
>>
>>91016351
Most "horror" comics or comics based on some kind of horror tend to fail very badly. Not trying to bait any fans of them out there, but there just really aren't that many good ones, and even fewer zombie/infected apocalypse ones.

>28 days later is shit
>crossed is shit taking a shit
>the walking dead is shit taking a shit then consuming and vomiting up that shit which takes another shit
>dawn of the dead was actually good but went on indefinite hiatus and now will never be seen again since the publisher lost the franchise rights
>then the 50 other ones that are centered about some bimbo showing her tits and doing ninja moves

A zombie comic reader has it rough.
>>
>>91016384
zombies isn't the only genre of horror you mong
>>
>>91016384
I'd say it's true for many comic adaptations (Silent Hill franchise, 28 days, Resident Evil tie ins, a LOT of the Dark Horse Alien and Hellraiser stuff) of horror material, but there are plenty of great horror comics to justify further exploration of the genre in the medium. If nothing else, it pairs well with more traditional stuff like in Hellboy, Hellblazer, Ostrander Spectre, etc. but I've been happy with a lot of straight stuff too.
>>
>>91016310

whats so bad about it?
>>
>>91016394
We are over-saturated with it though, can't deny that.
>>
>>91016394
>>91016384
see "zombie comic reader"

>>91016451
A laundry list of shit, not least being that they decide to include the movie's supporting character, botch her backstory up entirely, make her simultaneously a complete moron and unstoppable Sue, also omitting the main character completely and negating the first film's ending while also getting multiple parts of Selena's history and character wrong. It also has an insanely bullshit plot ripped off from Dead Rising as icing on the cake, and that's just the first problem it has.
>>
>>91016483
>see "zombie comic reader"
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>91016512
I like zombies.
>>
I was livid when I read what they did to Jim and how they handled Selena's characterization in the book.
>>
>>91016678
I completely misread that last sentence shit, my bad. Yeah, you guys kinda get stuck with the bottom of the barrel in terms of bullshit cash grabs, hamhanded tropes and lazy storytelling. Still though, I feel like the zombie bubble burst a while ago, have we moved on to another overplayed horror "enemy" yet? Are Werewolves "in" again?
>>
Every other BOOM! Studios comic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.