[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 19

File: elements1.jpg (302KB, 600x818px) Image search: [Google]
elements1.jpg
302KB, 600x818px
Serious question: Why did they not REALLY give airbending an advanced or unique subdiscipline/ability?
When you compare it to the other elements, it seems like it is severely lacking outside of regular airbending and the only two things that could possibly count as unique airbending sub-powers can either essentially already be done by basic airbenders and strong firebenders or don't really count much as specifically airbending at all.

>Waterbending
1) Freezing
2) Healing
3) Swamp/Water plant manipulation
4) Bloodbending

>Firebending
1) Lightning generation
2) Lightning redirection
3) Combustion/explosion creation
4) Rocket propulsion

>Earthbending
1) Sandbending
2) Metalbending
3) Lavabending

>Airbending
1) Flight (I guess this is supposed to count, but isn't that special when you consider that most airbenders can pretty much fly by gliding on air currents AND skilled firebenders can use rocket propulsion to fly -- how is this that much better?)
2) Astral Projection? Does this even count? It seems like it's just as much spirit-related, so it's not really an airbending specialty.

So, what would be a good subdiscipline for airbenders to make them as varied and versatile as the others?

Which element do you think is the most powerful overall?

Which element is your personal favorite?

Bonus Question: Were the Equalists right even if they went about it the wrong way?
>>
>>91013619
In the Wan episodes the ancient airbenders could walk on clouds

And there was that time Aang amplified a horn with his bending. That should have led to soundbending.
>>
Soundbending is a thing in the TCG.
>>
>>91013650
It'd be neat if they got soundbending and like "image-bending" or illusion shit by fucking with light or something so we get this fucking terrifying combo of Airbenders who you can't see or hear
>>
>>91013619
Fartbending.
>>
I mean...you can literally choke someone to death with air bending. Does that count?
>>
>>91013823
No. The other forms of bending let you choke, drown, or bury people alive.
>>
>>91013760
They could probably do that with smoke or cloudbending as cover
>>
Soundbending should have been mentioned in the show as a specific special type airbending. It could be used to amplify sounds to cause things to shatter, rupture eardrums, or have the sound waves cause internal damage when used in contact with another person. It could be used to totally muffle/cover up the sound of the airbenders and their attacks making them stealthier and more difficult to detect/time a defense against. They could use it to disrupt the equilibrium of people when used on them causing dizziness and nausea. Such great potential.

And I'm not sure if "vacuumbending" is really separate from regular airbending, but sucking all of the air/oxygen out of someone's lungs or in a container area is pretty scary.

And, tell me if I'm wrong, but isn'tt the pure flight granted by Zaheer's airbending MUCH better than current gliding or rocket propulsion? Like way more control and agility.

To answer which is the strongest overall in canon, I would probably go with water though. Maybe earth.

And yes to the bonus.
>>
>Air Nomad culture is pacifist and discourages using bending as a weapon
>Airbenders are literally required to devise new airbending techniques to complete their training and be recognized as masters.

>>91013823
I always liked the idea of airbenders being able to cause implosions by creating isolated pockets of vacuum.
>>
>>91013966
but air is invisible. The victim would never see it coming
>>
Can't water and earth mud bend?
>>
>>91013776
literally this, thanks meelo
>>
Amon did nothing wrong! Despite being a bit of a hypocrite because he himself was a bender.

Also, whatever happened to the Liuetenant, I always hoped he would pop back up at some point. He had an awesome design and was a part of the movement for the right reasons. Did he actually die?
>>
>>91014568
Yeah, LT was cool. Love his design. Shame he was wasted.

How does everyone generally think he compares to the other major non-bender fighters? Like, who could he beat?
Sokka?
Suki?
Mai?
Ty Lee?
Jet?
Blue Spirit Zuko?
Bumi (pre-HC)?
Hakoda?
Piandao?
Asami?
YuYan Archer(s)?
Non-bending Rough Rhinos?
>>
Because they all fucking died before Aang could learn it
>>
>>91013619
Just pressure bend.

It's already been shown. The Earth Queen was killed by a vacuum created around her head. Give someone the bends.

Implosions.

High level stuff.
>>
Which "Book" is the best in TLA and LoK, respectively, in /co/'s opinion?

I just started Korra, so I can't say yet, but from the original series I keep switching back and forth between Fire and Earth.
>>
>>91015567
>ATLA
3 > 2 > 1
>Korra
3 > 4 > 1 > 2
>>
>>91015567
>ATLA
2 > 3 > 1
>Korra
3 > 4 = 1 > 2
>>
>>91013619
Air is already varied and versatile.

>flight (with gliders)
>sound enhancement
>enhanced speed
>enhanced agility
>breath manipulation

And a bunch of other shit that's just from using it normally, like redirecting massive objects and the sheer power of it. Aang smashes shit all the time with just pure blasts of air. Air doesn't need any help to compete against the other elements.
>>
>>91014918
Ty Lee can pretty much solo any group of benders and 1v1 any non bender and has only been defeated once, though she hasn't been harmed at all throughout the series. Unarmed too. His gloves/tasers might give her trouble, but I definitely see her either disable or steal them. Her chi-blocking works against non-benders and she is really hard to hit.

Mai could only beat him at long-mid range, her close-range tech is low. Plus all the knives and weapons she has stashed on her means she conducts electricity.

Piandao dominates him if he doesn't get shocked or if the sword handle doesn't conduct electricity. Same for Sokka, but I could see him outsmart the guy with Boomerang.

Archery works not so well on super agile guys, but there are a LOT of the Archers, so it could go either way.

Suki is just above Asami, and much more agile and skilled with swords and fans. She's also quick on her feet, so like Sokka she might be able to outmaneuver and outsmart him.
>>
File: Older_Sokka.png (157KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Older_Sokka.png
157KB, 444x250px
Has anyone here read any of the Avatar comics?
Are they considered canon?
Are there any that showcase Team Avatar members as adults? Or specifically give Sokka (teen or adult) some spotlight to show off his fighting/leadership/tactical skills?
>>
>>91013619
In terms of "only some benders are genetically predisposed to be able to do this subdiscipline" like healing, bloodbending, lightning, lava, and metal, Air only has Zaheer's flight. Everything else seen in the show is only an extension of regular air-bending.

Maybe Stormbending could be a thing? Spacebending?
>>
File: a32.jpg (69KB, 655x546px) Image search: [Google]
a32.jpg
69KB, 655x546px
>>91013619
Neglected plasma bender that will never be.
>>
>>91014568
Wasted character.

The worse part about Amon is. Despite being a Bender he was right, the Equalists were right, they shouldn't have quit their civil revolt just because a few people saw him bend water.
>>
>>91015567
TLA
2 > 3 > 1

Korra
3 > 1 > 4 > 2

All together
A2 > K3 > K1 > A3 > A1 > K4 > K2

Airbender 3 might be better than K1 + 3 if it weren't for the fact that it's painfully obvious in rewatches that there was supposed to be a fourth book that showed a post-war world and gave each character closure.
>>
>>91013619
Air is OP when controlled to the extent required to do shit like lava and combust and shit. It doesn't need help. Also shit like sound and vaccum come off as autistic and unnatural.
>>
can air benders create air pockets underwater to breath? I can't remember...
>>
>>91014023
>And I'm not sure if "vacuumbending" is really separate from regular airbending, but sucking all of the air/oxygen out of someone's lungs or in a container area is pretty scary.
Zaheer literally killed someone like this.

And atmospheric pressure waves would've been nice to see. You could boil someone's eyes out if you lowered the pressure surrounding them enough.
>>
>>91015567
ATLA 2 > 3 > 1
TLOK 3 > 4 >>>> 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2
>>
>>91016406
I think so. Waterbenders seem to be able to for sure.

Also, why exactly is lightning related to firebending? is it because they're both plasma? I don't see any other connection. Combustion makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>91013619
Soundbending has been mentioned already. In addition to sound-dampening, you could also use it to create phantom sounds, change your voice, make it seem like someone else said something he didn't say, and so forth.

Weatherbending could be the grand-scale application of airbending. A city that hosts a tribe of airbenders would find the weather extremely pleasant, and their crops would have the exact amount of rain they require. Of course the opposite might be true for a city that decided NOT to host the airbenders. Maybe this is why they became nomads: if they stay on one place too long the effects of their weatherbending creates ecological stress.
>>
Which element do you think would actually be the most useful/practical in everyday life in the modern times?

Also, in theory, shouldn't waterbenders be able to use the moisture in the air to refract light and create illusions? And by the same token, shouldn't firebenders be able to manipulate heat to cause hazy images and mirages?
>>
>>91016406
Ang did, and it was before he had any training in Waterbending. That said, he was in the Avatar state when he did it, so who the fuck knows.
>>
I think you're missing the point of those advanced moves, OP. Airbending already had one.

These advanced techniques (excluding the Korra ones) of their elements' qualities and art forms taken to their logical conclusion.

Water is calm, yet tumultuous, transitive and graceful. The art is about reacting to your opponent's moves and using their strength against them, which culminates in bloodbending. Plantbending is just a regular extension since plants are largely water. Healing refers to the purity of the nature of water, but even then, healing only accelerates the natural process.

Fire is anger, energy, and passion, the most offensive element. Ergo, combustion, which epitomizes the breath technique and burst of power, and lightning, which is 100% pure power.

Earth is rigid, stalwart, and strong. Their element is defensive. Sandbending is just a more refined form of earthbending, while metalbending is a crazy stubbornness of will and concentration.

Air, however, is heavily focused on evasion and as such lacks any real "finishing moves." Because of that, air's obvious "advanced" technique is, basically, superspeed, which Aang demonstrates a few times. .
>>
What are some great villain airbending techniques that would accentuate just how awesome airbending is?
>>
>>91016524
Remember the skull cloud they bended, that's pretty villainous, isn't it?
>>
>>91016492
>Which element do you think would actually be the most useful/practical in everyday life in the modern times?
Well if you assume that electricity is the realm of firebending, then in theory a firebender could be a "techbender" and control electronic devices with electrical signals. It's hard to swallow until you remember that water benders have been shown to have the ability to create very specific ailments of the mind via bloodbending.

You'd probably start simple. For example, you could "hack" an ATM without "bending" electricity in the actual computer, just send enough current to the motors that physically dispense the cash and make them do their thing.
>>
>>91016546
You couldn't assume any of that. They bearly control the bust of electricity. Fuggen hell.
>>
>>91016524
Summon tornado and totally destroy a city, or do like >>91016487 but the opposite, deny their crops rainfall for as long as it takes for them to concede to your demands.
>>
>>91013760
>>91013650
A blind airbender who uses echolocation/soundbending to see could have been cool too, then toph could have had a friend too.
>we'll never get older toph from lok to redeem her parenting skills by taking care of a blind kid who became a airbender when none of the airbenders can find a way to teach him/her
>>
>>91016546
I would think metalbending would be better at this, at least while tech is still analog. Once they understand how circuits work, a "wirebender" could just rearrange the circuits to have whatever effect they desire.

Metalbending is probably the best modern bending technique because everything is made of metal. Vehicles, buildings, weapons, everything.
>>
File: 1486950270369.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486950270369.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>91016122
>Has anyone here read any of the Avatar comics?
Yes.

>Are they considered canon?
Unfortunately yes.

>Are there any that showcase Team Avatar members as adults?
They all take place after Book 3. They're a year or two older at most by the time of the latest comic.

>Or specifically give Sokka (teen or adult) some spotlight to show off his fighting/leadership/tactical skills?
Only really the first arc since most of them focus on Fire Family drama. He does beat on Azula a little and the latest book is thankfully Katara/Sokka focused, so we'll probably see more of him.

>>91016502
>Air, however, is heavily focused on evasion and as such lacks any real "finishing moves."
It doesn't really need any. The only thing really holding airbenders is back is that 99% of them are total pacifists.

If they weren't, you'd be fighting against fighters who were ultrafast, could dodge most of what you throw at them, and whose attacks are invisible.

>>91016524
Have them make Aang's air sword and slice someone into pieces.

Use soundbending and burst somebody's eardrum.
>>
How is firebending not the most OP one
>can control heat
>that means you can control energy and heat transfer
you can literally fuck in entropy
>>
>>91016492
Earthbending just for industry.
>>
>>91013619
Air nomads are peaceful beings. I'm sure they could come up with one, but they won't.
>>
>>91017085
an earthbender can literally just open a seism beneath the firebender
>>
In theory elements can partner up into what I call a sub element.

For example, Lava bending is both Earth and Fire.

Earth benders can manipulate Lava by harnessing the earth fragments within the Lava itself, Fire benders can also manipulate Lava by harnessing the heat.

In theory, both Firebenders and Earth benders should be able to Lavabend.

This applies to the following

>Combustion: Fire and Air
>Steam: Fire and Water
>>
>>91018412
A firebender float in the air by forced convection of heat
>>
>>91013619
Well let's see, what can you do with air.

You could change its from by cooling or heating it up, thus being able to lob crystallized oxygen or super heated plasma.

Another thing you could do is separate the different air particles, being able to either filter out harmful gasses or alternatively change the composition of air by combining or removing atoms to and from one another.
>>
File: Poll-2.0.png (62KB, 1332x892px) Image search: [Google]
Poll-2.0.png
62KB, 1332x892px
>>91013619
>Were the Equalists right even if they went about it the wrong way
1. Bending is dangerous. It made sense to rebel, and a city without bending is objectively safer.

2. The way they did it only lacks on justification because we don't see a direct threat to nonbenders except from a few things. It's more that Bryke failed to explain. But basically, people were afraid of all the violence with the gangs of benders, and they were displeased with the council ruling them instead of an elected president.

Pic unrelated. I just like to state the truth.
>>
>>91016762
Or just airbend a vacuum around someone/rip air out of someones lungs.
>>
>>91016459
From what i remember, firebending is much closer to spiritbending than other types of bending, hence when zuko lost his drive he was not able to bend properly.
Lightning, as i remember iroh explaining it, is when a firebender who has come at peace with themselves (good self esteem?) He is able to make a type of spiritual potential in their body, like reverse firebending and normal firebending at the same time. This connects to electric potential difference needed for lightning to occur
>>
Air seems OP as is without having a new subset.
>>
>>91013619
AM I the only one who thinks the idea of "sound bending" is stupid?
>>
>>91018615
>Or just airbend a vacuum around someone
That doesn't stops them from punching fire, and you must 'keep the vacuum' with your bending so you cannot defend.
>>
>>91016571
thank God we won't;
>>
>>91018674
>Creating a vacuum around someone
>Wont stop you punching fire at someone

Anon, do you highschool chemistry?
>>
>>91018674
>fire without air
I guess we can't be sure about pure firebending, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work
>>
>>91018700
thought you were talking arond the Head. No one ever really show this kind of power of creating an entire vacuum around someone.
>>
>>91018784
Ok then it's cool.
Still, having a vacuum around ones head would be pretty distracting, what with the blood rushing towards the skin and air escaping your lungs violently...
>>
Air is already OP. Two air benders held off a army of earth benders and mechas with a single tornado. The Airbenders kids also wiped the floor with a ton of equalists.
>>
>>91018784
Water benders don't really seem limited in the ways they can physically can move water, I'm sure a strong enough Airbender can make a vacuum
>>
>>91018826
This

Pretty sure if the Airbender were the ones trying to dominate the world in the 100-year war, they would have won easily.
>>
>>91018823
>what with the blood rushing towards the skin and air escaping your lungs violently
more the reason to punch the airbender

>>91018834
>Water benders don't really seem limited in the ways they can physically can move water
It is stated that their powers rise with the moon, so there is definitely a limit to their powers. You never really see a waterbender move an entire iceberg. With earthbenders you needed 3 of them to move half a building in the end of S04 of LoK (3 of the best earthbenders, by the way).

It can also be the type of power; creating and keeping a vacuum is different from simply moving air. Even if you assume one airbender could create such vacuum, who knows about how hard it will be, or how long he can maintain, or even if someone can physically break through it?
>>
>>91018826
>Two air benders held off a army of earth benders and mechas with a single tornado
I should point out: that scene was bullshit; they had hundreds of earthbenders and not even one tried to move the earth below them.

By the way.. airbending is really inconsistent in LoK. Look at the first time Bumi bends, how the other new benders are doing it.. and how Korra stops a fucking explosion, redirecting every dangerous shard of metal coming their way. For some reason airbending now needs less movement to make all that effect.
>>
>>91018916
You will fall unconcious between 9 and 11 seconds, if you can pull it off in that time then sure.

http://www.geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html
>>
I don't think they felt obligated to make it for air-bending considering there was only one in existence.
In regards to the bonus question, I liked Earth bending the most.
Earth > Fire > Water >>>> Air
>>
>>91018916
>With earthbenders you need 3 of them to move half a building.
I never understood this. What kind of strain is put on the body in order to bend.

It looks extremely easy. If its all mental, than a normal person from our world would Amon tier in bending ability.
>>
>>91019014
>9 and 11 seconds
I don't know if in a life or death situation your body would just shut off like that; adrenaline and all that stuff. I know it takes a lot more to drown. Anyway, who takes that long to punch?
>>
>>91018980
Bending is fucked in Korra.

No need to travel the world to learn Bending. No here is 3 of the 4 elements straight away. Espacially water. Her personality is fire bender, just non stop aggression. Then she has the earth bender habit of tanking everything instead of dodging. She has no calm or serenity. She then just gets handed airbending just because, even though she learnt nothing.

Blood bending goes from water bending, to straight up mind magic, no hand movements required. Espacially since it shits on the whole moon cycle stuff.

Amon would have been far better if he was just a energy bender. He learnt it from the Deus ex machina turtles.
>>
>>91018916
I mean fair but I think I worded my point wrong. Earth benders seem to struggle under the weight of objects they lift, maybe air benders don't need to worry about the mass of element they are moving as much. It's shown that traditional bending forms are not the only way to perform bending. I don't see a reason why a airbender couldn't funnel air out of an area and keep it expelled from that area with enough practice
>>
>>91019095
>Thinking that an airbender that skilled would let you close enough to just throw a wild punch as your lungs collapse
>>
>>91019095
>A larger body of information about how long you would remain conscious comes from aviation medicine. Aviation medicine defines the "time of useful consciousness", that is, how long after a decompression incident pilots will be awake and be sufficiently aware to take active measures to save their lives. Above 50,000 feet (15 km), the time of useful consciousness is 9 to 12 seconds, as quoted by the FAA in table 1-1 in Advisory Circular 61-107(the shorter figure is for a person actively moving; the longer figure is for a person sitting quietly).

Read this stuff through mate.
http://www.geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html
>>
>>91013619
Aaron Ehasz said that he wanted to explore airbending sub powers in the fourth season.

Just imagine. Movie deal never goes through. Fourth season of ATLA greenlit. Bryke burnt out and don't go on to make Korra. Around about now Bryke and the old writing team including Ehasz get together and start writing a new avatar series. Just as quality as ATLA.

We were fucking robbed of best timeline.
>>
File: 1444172223301.png (175KB, 430x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444172223301.png
175KB, 430x443px
>>91019062
>What kind of strain is put on the body in order to bend
I can tell you that:
1. In LoK, in one of the pro-bending matches, the speaker says that one of the benders was 'out of juice'. This could mean that his 'reserve of bending' ended, or simply that he got tired

2. No one in ATLA seems to have an issue with a 'reserve of bending' ending. You never see anyone really say that they are 'out of chi'. Most likely, 1 was meant to be a physical burden on the body.
3. Bending is stated to come from chi, in the belly (Iroh says that, and Toph also said in another situation).

I assume that each person has a different quantity of chi, that dictates how much he can move. That's why some benders are naturally better than others. The quantity of chi you use probably makes you tired, so there is a physical element to it, however the quantity of chi is still the same at all times.
>>
>>91019097
Honestly it doesn't fuck up the moon cycle at all. It just means someone was a strong enough bender to not rely on the full moon.
>>
>>91019062
>>91019207
I forgot to add:

4. Katara says that bending is 'moving with your mind', however it's definitely more than that, as even the moon dictates how much you can bend. You could say there is even an outside element to it.
>>
>>91013619
Because airbending is already OP as fuck
>>
>>91019118
Well, i think the only thing i can point out is how they needed a bunch of airbenders to create a tornado. It's hard to say how speed, size and time of bending will influence in airbending (it doesn't have a lot of mass, but it is way faster than most bendings). Also, if they have to care for every part of that 'tube' of vacuum they are creating instead of jut imagine a tube, that makes it a lot harder (it's different from 'thinking where the air should be'; it's where the air should Not be)
>>
>>91013619
there was only 1 air bender in the whole original series. all those sub-powers were discovered by bending masters and only a few skilled people could use them.
guru laikima or whatever proves that there were sub-powers of airbending but we won't know any of them since all the airbenders are dead and the new air benders can only learn from the teachings of aang who was only trained for at max 12 years.
>>
>>91019141
He clearly cannot move as he is concentrated on what he is doing. I don't see why you could not run and punch him in the face. Or again, punch fire.
>>
>>91019306
Fair. Still seems just easier to pull the air right out of the person's lungs. Although I'm surprised Air Benders can't just snuff out fires
>>
>>91019165
>Above 50,000 feet
Tell me if this is relevant or not
>>
>>91019330
Who said anything about moving? Why couldn't they just do it a couple feet away from you? By the time someone magically has the retard strength to haphazardly run over to them and try and throw a punch it would probably be pretty ineffective.
>>
>>91018452
No Naruto in Avatar, please
>>
>>91019388
>Why couldn't they just do it a couple feet away from you
Distance is a lot relevant for bending. You can't ask an earthbender to move a rock that is on top of a mountain, for example. Zaheer was quite close to the queen when he did his trick. I should also point out that the queen did not move; running might as well break the vacuum, and if not, punching certainly will.
>>
>>91019097
Even the last air bender featured individuals far more powerful than the average joe. I guess Azula also shits on the lore because no one fire bends as powerfully as she does. She had to outsmarted
>>
>>91018674
Firebending isn't physics or chemistry. Not sure if vacuum can stop it
>>
>>91019354
>>91019165
Just wanted to point out that this question might be actually relevant; there is a difference between this despressurization and a simple vacuum. We barely even know how long it took Zaheer to take out all the air.
>>
>>91018657
Naw bro, it's dope as fuck. It's magical ninja shit. It's a world based on medieval asia, why the fuck wouldn't there be magical ninja shit?
>>
>>91018302
But unfortunately, it's the Fire Nation that has all the brains. The different tribes have different traits apart from just what element they bend, and intelligence (as it pertains to engineering and industry, at least) appears be be a Fire Nation trait.
>>
>>91019455
It's not about having strong characters, but how they make sense. You can say that a character is a genius and can bend well, but you can't say that they defy previous logic behind bending. Azula was always impulsive, because that's how firebenders are (except from very few that had to learn a different way, like the dragon fire shit Zuko learned).
>>
>>91019453
Zaheer could have just been close to give her is speech. I don't see how being 12 feet away is the equivalent of moving something miles away. I'm not asking him to do it from across the city, just not in arms reach. Also maybe having the air sucked out of you is just an awful experience and no matter how good you think you'd do against it, you'd end up dead anyway.
>>
>>91019097
Amon really should've been an energy bender.

When he fought off blood bending was dope, but I like how in the 1st episode Amon appears in he is actually shown bloodbending the Maifa Boss arm.
>>
>>91019062
First of all , earth benders aren't the avatar. They're not going to be born with immense amount of chi capacity to dispense thru Ravah

They probably have human instinct that subconsciously prevents themselves from over extorting their chi.
>>
File: Cardgame_Malu.png (185KB, 216x393px) Image search: [Google]
Cardgame_Malu.png
185KB, 216x393px
>>91013619
In the card game it was "soundbending".
>>
>>91013619
soundbending
>>
>>91013619
Don't Airbenders also have the ability to feel the air move around them, basically giving them the ability to detect movement around them?
>>
>Be an Airbender
>You gotta be bald and pacifist.
>The entire country is nomads and old people run it.
They deserved to be genocided.
>>
File: 1472636239070.jpg (83KB, 656x869px) Image search: [Google]
1472636239070.jpg
83KB, 656x869px
>>91019604
>I don't see how being 12 feet away is the equivalent of moving something miles away
The question stands, could an earthbender move a rock at the top of a mountain? I think the greatest feat of distance was made by Toph, when she took down a line of tanks by unscrewing some bolts on all of them. Even Katara had to get close to clouds to bend their water, so i believe Toph was only able to do that because of her super senses anyway. The point is, you never really see anyone bending too far. It's clearly not the limit of their field of vision (otherwise they could bend stars and shit).

I think regardless of how bad it is to you, you definitely can do something about having a vacuum over your head. Hell, you could even run THE OPPOSITE WAY of Zaheer to break the distance of control if he is too far.

Anyway, have a rare toph.

>>91019625
non canon. Your waifu doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1414081979262.jpg (12KB, 594x437px) Image search: [Google]
1414081979262.jpg
12KB, 594x437px
>>91019170
This saddens me greatly.
>>
>>91019711
You forgot:
>eat vegan
>probably sex only after marriage
>>
>>91013619
The Equalists were reasonably butt hurt for not being born with superpowers. Amon just twisted that for his own gain. I'm sure benders take advantage of nonbenders all the time.

>We'll never get a timeline in which the Equalists are successful, the Avatar line is cut and bending fades away. We'll never get a Bladerunner-like city in which bending is referred to as a savage or evil lifestyle of the past. We'll never get an Earthbender avatar who's bending awakens suddenly in a post bending society. FULFILL MY RETARDED FANFICTION REEEEEE
>>
>>91019773
Don't remind me.

>sex only after marriage
I got no problem with this and it should be practiced by all nations in Avatar.
>>
>>91019711
The price to pay for having the most powerful form of bending.
>>
>>91019851
I rather have Amon is a Energybender, he won, Korra now has to journey throughout the world to relearn bending and herself, while the Equalists movement spreads causing the fall of Ba Sing Sae, we also get Zuko's granddaughter who joins the team.

Final episode and Season is Korra vs. Amon with Korra admitting Amon was right, but from her journey she also learned he is wrong.

The after-season follows Korra vs. Zaheer as he returns the world to natural order with chaos thanks to Amon's actions. I don't care about shipping. Amorra can win for all I care.
>>
File: images-57.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-57.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>91013619
I'm sick and tired of having people say that doing firebenders allows anyone the ability two "fly".

Only some of the strongest Firebender can generate that much propulsion in order two boost yourself like that
>>
>>91019170
Honestly /co/ would still find a way to bitch about it.
>>
>>91019981
Anon, this would've been beautiful.
>>
File: 1452831308480.png (120KB, 375x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452831308480.png
120KB, 375x288px
>>91019851
>we will never have a timeline where Amon wins and replaces government
>program is initiated into 'curing' bending and a serum is produced
>benders are hunted en masse and robbed of their bending powers
>small organization of benders forms discover, shelter, and train benders as they are born
>Amon's government creates giant machines to find and dispatch the new benders and pushes the initiative through government
>>
>>91020051
There'd be some things to bitch about yes, but it would be greatly improved from LOK.
>>
>>91019981
Why would Korra admit Amon is right?
>>
>>91020112
>Avatar learns metal bending while living in a cyberpunk dystopian city
>Spider-Mans around the city with metal cables
>>
File: 1466555138276.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466555138276.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>91019859
>I got no problem with this
>>
>>91020009
>what is heatbending
>what is convection
>>
>>91020009
Op isn't saying that. They are just saying it's an advanced technique
>>
>>91019887
>the most powerful form of bending
kek. No. They barely have killing moves, and they can't do shit against lightning.
>>
>>91020391
Idk man, air's "lethality" seems like it's only limited by cultural teaching
>>
>>91019851
Gangs of benders fucking shit up is a resonable motivation to not want benders. A council of benders from outside your city ruling is also reasonable motivation.
>>
>>91020474
>air's "lethality" seems like it's only limited by cultural teaching
It's literally air. Won't hurt. I think the only way is if you were able to take someone hundreds of meters into the air, or count that they will just wait their air to run out as you create a vacuum around their face. It's too much work compared to punch fire.
>>
>>91013619
You know what this entire show is just a bunch of racemixing propaganda.
There was so many inter bending relationships it's just ridiculous.

We should keep the bending races pure.
Seperate but equal. Firebending superior race. The air Nation genocide was a hoax. We need another one. We need to finish the job.
>>
>>91020526
>It's literally air. Won't hurt.
Tell that to a tornado.
>>
>>91020587
Well, it's not like Aang could marry another airbender.
>>
>>91020526
I don't get why something's lethality means if it is strong or not. I feel like an airbender has an advantage in most situations. A fight doesn't have to end with death.
>>
>>91020526
lol look at any picture of wind damage, ever.

Air will fucking KILL you. If anything the Airbenders presenting it as the most non-lethal of styles just shows how dedicated they were to their art not being misused like it could've been. Zeheer is only the tip of the fucking iceburg.
>>
>>91020587
OMG you're literally Kuvira. I bet you're a straight cisgendered firebender male. Don't you know that 6 million innocent airbenders died? You think that's funny? It's like you don't even know history, like, what the fuck? there's plenty of proof, like firebender traps, the temples and all that. And what's the problem with cultural enrichement? firebender culture needs to die anyway, like, you didn't even paid for the crimes of your race. There's sistematic racism, homophobia, transphobia and xenophobia, why do you want that? just kill yourself. Like, literally, just kill yourself. Don't you know that sandbenders are the culture of peace? or how much the water tribes have contributed to science? what the firebenders ever did? except killing, i mean. Even Zuko knew the sins of his race and gave up on Republic city and other lands. You can't possibly think you're right.
>>
>>91020638
He still a race mixer and aangs kids are ugly muts. It should have ended with aang. He should have killed himself so that the Great fire Nation leader ozai could lead us into greatness and kill off thoes swolen ape faced earthbending subhuman race.
>>
>>91020690
> I feel like an airbender has an advantage in most situations
That would be firebender

>water
lightning to the face, there's literally nothing you can do.

>ice
lightning to the face, there is nothing you can do

>metal
lightning to the face, there's nothing you can do

>air
lightning to the face, there's nothing you can do
>>
>>91020892
>lightning to the face, there's literally nothing you can do.
dodge it?
>>
>>91020632
>>91020759
Aang says himself in the comics that he cannot do a tornado. Airbenders are not that powerful, normally. Even the "tornado" Opal and Jinora made wasn't able to move even one person from their place.
>>
>>91020931
>can't do a tornadio
>can literally ride around on a ball of wind
>>
>>91020931
He makes them all the time in the avatar state
>>
>>91020914
>dodge it?
what? no. Like.. not that easy. It's still lightning.
>>
>>91020892
>thinking brute power will always win a fight
wew
>>
>>91020995
They have done it before doesn't seem unlikely.
>>
>>91020981
>in the avatar state
I thought we were supposed to be talking about normal benders. And anyway, even on avatar state it's not really a strong tornado, considering it can't even move a person.
>>
>>91016291
>there was supposed to be a fourth book that showed a post-war world and gave each character closure.
But everyone already got closure except Zuko with his mom and Toph with her parents.

I don't know, it feels like a bad idea to keep the series going after the plot and all the character arcs had been resolved.
>>
>>91020892
I thought lightning was really hard for a firebender to do, and was created by mimicking water benders. Theoretically an airbender would be able to replicate ligthning, and the least an earthbender could do to avoid it would be to disrupt the footing of the firebender.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170321-175229.jpg (715KB, 942x1504px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170321-175229.jpg
715KB, 942x1504px
>>91020847
Zuko's a race Trader
fire bender brought all of the technology to this simply because other bending races to dumb and inferior two create anything
firebenders don't have culture
All of those at temples fake just some more air Jew propaganda in order to justify fire nation genocide made possible by racemixing bending races.
>>
>>91020995
Katara dodged like 4 different comet powered lightnings in the finale and she isn't even that fast.
>>
>>91020931
The point was that air can be just as destructive as any other element.

I mean when you think about it, Aang is able to summon enough force to launch grown men several feet away, turn a bunch of coal stones into projectiles that can knock out a bunch of people at once, and summon a ball of air that can support his weight.

It doesn't get talked about a whole lot since Aang is a peaceful kid and all but the force needed to perform all these feats is pretty significant once you realize that it's air is also fast and virtually undetectable.

Now that I think about it, has anyone actually dodged Aang's airbending in the series?
>>
>>91021027
I know the move is extremely telegraphed, but still lightning is very fast. It's like trying to dodge a bullet.
>>
>>91021062
earth benders are honorary fire-benders, right? We have Ba Sing Se
>>
>>91021076
>It's like trying to dodge a bullet.
That is easily done in action cartoons.
>>
>>91014568
Hypocrite due to being a bender.
Even worse due to the actual problems in society having nothing to do with bending, despite that being an obvious problem.

The richest people in the early-industrial setting are non-benders, and they are constantly developing methods for benders to be enslaved/pushed aside.
>>
File: tumblr_ndl3mvaJwi1tda6puo2_500.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndl3mvaJwi1tda6puo2_500.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>91021056
>I thought lightning was really hard for a firebender to do
literal street rat could do it.
>>
>>91021076
Yeah but it doesn't really seem to move super fast. It seems to move only slightly faster than some regular bending throws.
>>
>>91015567
A2>A3>A1> GAP >K3>K1>K4>K2

>>91016291
>K3 > K1 > A3 > A1

No. Just... no.
>>
>>91021074
>comet powered lightnings
when? on the last fight? Azula only used lightning once, and it hits Zuko.
>>
>>91021144
Isn't the entire thing for fire/lightning bending is that they are fairly easy to generate but incredibly difficult to control?
>>
File: 1489966228316.png (333KB, 435x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489966228316.png
333KB, 435x450px
>>91021093
Sure Anon but once we get rid of the Airbenders what coming right back for you. You didn't think that we'd let animals like you off the hook.
>>
>>91021168
Only because he jumped in the way to save Katara. Even then, she threw tons of bolts at Katara after Zuko was stunned.
>>
Is there a more autistic fan fiction than an Evil Earth Avatar who decided to take matters into his own hands and decided to remove bending from everyone once and for all in order to provide absolute balance in that only the Avatar can now bend the elements.

Earth Avatar then transcends to the moon and hibernates using some kind of mummification, and earth is left with no bending and is able to progress technologically until the point where Astronauts first steps on the moon, waking the Avatar again in the process?
>>
>>91013760

In Jojo, Whammu did that.
>>
>>91021075
>The point was that air can be just as destructive as any other element
When the greatest feat of your element (a tornado) can't even move a human being, i think you're wrong. Only concentrated air is able to move a human being, and even then, not all of them.

>has anyone actually dodged Aang's airbending in the series
Zuko, Azula, Ozai.. i think most people Aang has fought, actually.
>>
>>91021221
No
>>
>>91021144
A powerful street rat that has been practicing his whole life, became a professional firebender fighter and learned lighting from a gang leader and only after the secret of splitting the positive and negative energies became common knowledge rather than a secret for high ranking Fire Nation benders.

It's not that far fetched unless that you believe that bending power should be about elite genes.
>>
>>91021193
>they are fairly easy to generate but incredibly difficult to control
Again: literal street rat could do it.
>>
>>91021213
>she threw tons of bolts at Katara after Zuko was stunned
She used the pillars to hide, i believe. It's not really the same.
>>
>>91021261
And as it looks, there are plenty of street rats doing lightningbending, to the point of powering an entire powerplant. Lightning is just common knowledge now.
>>
>>91021271
By that logic bloodbending is nothing special since a peasant that had only been waterbending for 6 months could do it.
>>
>>91013619
Because
- airbenders are near extinct, not enough of them around to come up with advanced techniques
- airbending is already OP; that one monk took out half an army of firebenders.
- they already have advanced techniques: they can make tornados that hold armies at bay, and they can fly freely.

Give them a horn to pass air through, and they could destroy city blocks.

Honestly, they are already crazy powerful. What else would you give them? Climate bending? They could wipe out cities on their own.
>>
>>91015866
>Suki is just above Asami
Suki gave Ty Lee a run for her money when Zuko/Sokka were escaping from the prison, she's pretty underrated.
>>
>>91014023
>And I'm not sure if "vacuumbending" is really separate from regular airbending, but sucking all of the air/oxygen out of someone's lungs or in a container area is pretty scary.

I don't think it's different, just not a tactic an airbender would use on someone since it's causing harm.

I don't bending sound is a secondary power either as all their doing is just manipulating the air to move the sound.

Flight is the next step as after mastering how to manipulate air, one has to now become like the air to fully understand.
>>
>>91021364
Katara's a 'genius'. With little time she manages to surprass Aang. He gets out of the north pole with a lot to learn, while Katara mastered most of it. I should also point out that Hama herself wasn't one of the best waterbenders (she lost to Katara). Bloodbending is intermediary at most as a skill.
>>
>>91013619
I always liked the idea of an evil airbender that carried jars filled with poisonous gases that they would use in fights.
>>
>>91021554
So Katara is allowed to be a normie prodigy but Mako and Bolin aren't?
>>
>>91021331
Much like metal bending is common to the point where all cops are metal benders, an entire of them exist and bend metal for any purpose, even art. The only secondary power that remained unknown was bloodbending due to the ethics surrounding it.
>>
>>91021062
>Zuko's a race Trader

Oh yeah? I don't remember any episodes of him selling off people from the different groups.
>>
>>91021592
It wasn't just Mako and Bolin. Everyone knew lightningbending.
>>
>>91021609
The difference is that metalbending was always supposed to be easy. Toph manages to teach it to idiots in the comics. However with metalbending there is a 'can/can't' element. Some people just can't do it. It's not like lightning or bloodbending.
>>
>>91021677
Zuko would have learned it in a single day if it weren't for his fucked up mental state.

Then, apparently a girl going through a mental breakdown can still do the technique that requires "peace of mind"
>>
File: 1467352442684.gif (451KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467352442684.gif
451KB, 500x375px
>>91021766
>a girl going through a mental breakdown
Does it looks like she is having a mental breakdown?
>>
>Bolin is the only know Lava bender
>Can't cause a large wave of it to come down on people.

Why did Kuivera let him in her army? Why did she allow him to join her inner circle?
>>
File: azula-4.jpg (27KB, 345x200px) Image search: [Google]
azula-4.jpg
27KB, 345x200px
>>91021939
No, but this does
>>
>>91022001
He is a famous movie Star, having him around allows her to present herself as "the good guy" better.
>>
>>91022001
Kuivera used his ass for public relations
>>
>>91022039
>>91022089
>public relations
All Bolin did was act like a quasi-bodyguard to Verric and stand around.
>>
>>91022363
Do you think it was an accident all of Kuivera's troops acted incredibly friendly toward the villagers when they first signed? Obviously, Kuivera saw that in Bolin and knew of his value as a bender from the events of season 3.
>>
>>91020112
You discribed X-men. I'd tell you to go read an X-men comic but they are all shit now, so I guess continue dreaming.
>>
>>91022594
I wish Marvel would just reset everything sometimes.
>>
>Bloodbending

Just stop the blood from flowing in anyone body and BOOM you're the king of the world.
>>
>>91022689
Anon the simple fact they managed to constrict and control your blood flow would kill you.

I don't understand how this art spread and Yokone managed to learn and master it. When Katara and bat crazy lady were the only two people to know about it.
>>
>>91016762
>The only thing really holding airbenders is back is that 99% of them are total pacifists.

>tfw gyatso killed like 50 firebenders solo
>>
>>91013823
The only time we've seen airbending used that way, it took over a minute of concentration to kill one person.
This made a visible sphere around the victim's head, so it was obvious what happened, as opposed to gradually separating the oxygen and carbon dioxide (it's actually a buildup of CO2 that causes the feeling of not breathing) from nitrogen in a room, not exactly a stealth kill.
Sure, it's a decent counter to firebending and other powers that rely on breathing, but it's impractical to use in a fight. A waterbender could simply stab someone with an icicle in two seconds.
>>
>>91022628
Same. But the chances of that ever happening are slim to none. The state of the Marvel Universe nowadays, it just feels like they are in desparate need of a super hard Reboot.
>>
>>91022986
I don't even care about the new heroes taking over positions. But don't fucking kill off the old heroes and then just have them come back to life.
>>
>>91021045
Turns out it sure was, the comics shit the bed hard.
>>
>>91023435
I don't think they are that bad aside from Smoke and Shadow.

But they simply wouldn't work out as a 4th season compared to the high stakes of the first three.
>>
>>91022796
pacifism sometimes jumps out the window when you're up against a wall.

>>91022977
It was also a brand new technique that Zaheer pioneered. Consider how clumsy Toph's inital metalbending was, and how it advanced in a generation.

One thing Avatar gets right is how martial arts techniques evolve and improve over years of refinement. If a group of airbenders wanted to make murderous arts, I think Metalbending's sophistication would be all you needed as proof that the choking trick could get far deadlier.
>>
>>91022689
You can literally overcome bloodbending by not being a little bitch. That's how Mako did it.
>>
>>91022594
Id be happy with a new 616 or just go to earth 617 or some shit. Marvel comics needs a clean slate
>>
>>91018452
Lava isn't fire stupid
>>
>>91022017

Only because her mother was a bitch and her father never loved her.
>>
>>91022796
>tfw gyatso killed like 50 firebenders solo
I always feel the need to point out that there were about 10 firebenders, yes, but they were in a closed space with comet powers. Most likely they killed themselves when a guy with air powers started to redirect their fire everywhere on a closed room.
>>
>>91013966
If blood bending counts, then ripping the very oxygen out of their bodies should too.

I wouldn't count gliding simply as that is just making air currents for a glider.
>>
>>91025214
I'm pretty sure Bryke stated it was Gyatso who offed them.
>>
>>91018605
>Equalists were right
>Mean while in marvel thread

"Why are marvel citizens so stupid? Don't they see benefit of heroes?"

I don't think there was any hope for the equalists story. It has good basics and but was too deep 4 u for the original kid avatar audience that Nick wanted. End result being the Saturday morning cartoon heel turns instead of grey areas.
>>
>>91019851
I had a similar retarded fanfic.

The Season 1 ending was going to be punching the Outer Walls of Bag Sing Se down.
>>
>>91013619
pastry bending
>>
gender bending
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.