[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was smoky quartz a mistake? it's so ugly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: 1489815042800.gif (524KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
1489815042800.gif
524KB, 640x386px
was smoky quartz a mistake?
it's so ugly
>>
>>91013216
Your parents think the same way about you.
>>
>>91013216
Most Gems are ugly.
>>
>>91013216
A cartoon guy can look ugly because that's ok.
A cartoon gal can't look ugly because muh dick.
>>
>>91013300
smoky is neither a gal nor a guy, it's an unholy abomination
>>
>>91013216
>combine ugly annoying fat protagonist with ugly annoying fat gem makes ugly annoying fat fusion

Absolutely shocked.

Also how the hell dpes white + purple = black?
>>
>>91013349
How does fusion make any sense at all?
>>
File: skincolor.png (13KB, 345x248px) Image search: [Google]
skincolor.png
13KB, 345x248px
>>91013349
By overlapping the skin color.
>>
>>91013216
Holy shit that's some bad animation
>>
>>91013349

Actual smokey quartzes are a weird gray/brown/purple color, so mashing Steven's pink and Amy's purple to make a gross shit color is pretty accurate.
>>
File: 1482787423464.png (139KB, 3500x2050px) Image search: [Google]
1482787423464.png
139KB, 3500x2050px
what if we...
>>
>>91013375
I mean, fusion between gems makes sense. That's just light mixing with more light.

It's Steven's fusions that need some explaining.
>>
>>91013510
Has Steven ever been shown to bleed? What if everything physical about him is just a different spectrum?
>>
>>91013510
He absorbs their light and shapeshifts into a different body?
>>
>>91013533
I think he had some minor scratches, but no full on bleeding. Also I think one of the writers confirmed Steven's physical and if he gets poofed, he's gone for good.
>>
>>91013510
>Smoky Quartz as some horrifying fleshy patchwork hologram.
I don't know what's worse.
>>
>>91013573
If steven gets poofed, does the gem revert back to rose?
>>
File: 1437393487008.jpg (505KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1437393487008.jpg
505KB, 1400x1050px
>>91013216
Yes, for Christ's sake, yes.
>>
>>91013216
She is literally formed from amethyst and Steven agreeing they're the worst gems and useless.

That's a while lot of negative self image there and it's not gonna result in something pretty.
>>
>>91013250
>>
>>91013610
It could be a Rose Quartz who's lost all of her memories as if she's straight from the ground

The message being that you can't actually change after all. You will revert eventually
>>
>>91013633
Their fusion was such bs

>hey I'm a piece of shit, you're a piece of shit, let's make a giant piece of shit

Why doesn't anyone in this cartoon stop and think: "Hey I really hate who I am and what everyone think of me. Maybe I can try really hard to change who I am and become the kind of person I want to be. Someone I and everyone else is proud of."

I know this problem isn't exclusive to SU but it still annoys me.
>>
>>91013689
That's literally what Steven and Amethyst had been trying to do?

Amethyst had been training and focusing nonstop and acting completely unlike herself so that she could be the best Quartz she could be. And it wasn't enough to even beat Steven, who had been training and focusing so that he could stop being a dumb useless kid and catch up to the other Crystal gems.
>>
>>91013733
She was trying yes but she was trying to a fault. And the fusion was basically her giving up on her short lived dream of improvement.

I mean we are talking about a gem who is seen being lazy and stuffing her face most of the time. Should she really be surprised that she is lacking?
>>
File: ODing on Ipekek.jpg (2MB, 4496x2343px) Image search: [Google]
ODing on Ipekek.jpg
2MB, 4496x2343px
>>91013250
>>
>>91013610
More than likely, yes. Poofing is probably the only way Rose could ever come back. Though, if Steven can shift his aging I don't see why he isn't more or less immortal.
>>
>>91013689
If Amethyst had changed people would be all like, "Wow, doesn't the SU crew understand there are some things you absolutely can't overcome in life and you just have to deal with? What a bunch of coddled millenials! Think about what they're teaching the kids!"

Except they actually did go for the more redpilled topic so people backpedal with the opposite argument. It's over, SU can't win anyone's favors because of its heavy association with tumblr and dumb millenials. People reacted the same way when Steven learned and accepted that Rose killed someone and it was okay under her circumstances to do so.
>>
>>91013610
Wasn't it confirmed that Rose literally inserted herself into a baby a la Lapis Lazuli?
>>
>>91013821
Post the original screencap.
>>
File: the kekening.png (188KB, 1334x538px) Image search: [Google]
the kekening.png
188KB, 1334x538px
>>91013994
>>
That particular spinning kick is a reference to the Cowboy Bebop episode "Pierrot le Fou," specifically when Mad Pierrot kicks Spike in the face.
>>
>>91014092
Fuckin' A. Now I wanna watch Cowboy Bebop.
>>
Maybe if the outfit's colors weren't so fucking horrible with the rest of the design's colors.
>>
>>91014017
Perfect.
>>
>>91013216
Sugilite nor Malachite ain't no lookers either. What do you expect to be created when a prepubescent boy & couch potato fuse? Freaking Gwyneth Paltrow?
>>
>>91013250
we already had this thread months ago
>>
>>91013484
Ok that's much better

I know Stevens clothes are separate and all but if they had just made it like this I wouldn't have as big a problem with smokys design. All her colors is too busy
>>
File: 1487453604035.jpg (27KB, 574x358px) Image search: [Google]
1487453604035.jpg
27KB, 574x358px
>>91013840
Jasper won becouse she could punch really hard and then amethyst won becouse she fused and then she coud punch EVEN harder than that, they don't even slug it out either, one curbstomps the other with little effort and the fight ends, no clever use of their powers, poor fighting choreography, poor animation and bad pacing

Like, really, this kind of was the last time anyone was going to see Jasper in a long time anyway, couldn't they cut one of the borefest town episodes and make this into a 2 parter? One with a good fight and end it in a clifhanger on amethyst losing and then in the second episode she gets the powerup? maybe a pull a good fight while they're at it? That way the "Muh Diamond" end would have time to carry a little bit more of weight too

Or maybe they don't fuse at all, they just fight it out all 3 of them vs Jasper, maybe have some hit and run tactics, maybe Amethist could have been leading them and telling them what to do, improvising as it goes along showing Amethyst's strong point, have the other characters make cool things too, why not? Have Jasper spout out some backstory to PD too while things are happening. And after they wear her out Amethyst gets the to make the final blow and she says something cool that was relevant to the moment.

And maybe also not turning her into a doggo and just normally puff her? After all if they want to play out the "Corruption cure" angle have they the Centipede already to work with since its an already an established compeling character that's also a fan favorite, so dog jasper is unnecessary

Anything but winning by being bigger than the other guy, that's so lazy and boring, not to mention, there's no merit to that, before that episode all the preparation she had was spikes at the end of her wips and a competetion with steven, that's it, she won only becouse she was beefier that Jasper, she dind't really earn that win

There's so many ways to make this cool that its not funny

Continue in part 2
>>
File: 1489787049376.png (24KB, 326x244px) Image search: [Google]
1489787049376.png
24KB, 326x244px
>>91015214

Part 2

>>91013840

>"Wow, doesn't the SU crew understand there are some things you absolutely can't overcome in life and you just have to deal with? What a bunch of coddled millenials! Think about what they're teaching the kids!"

They would, but in context, they would be wrong

Like, this isn't a boxing match with rules and regulations, the arbiter isn't going to stop the fight if they punch below the belt, in a free for all anything goes, muscles could be very important in the context of a brawl but not so much if someone pulls a machinegun and starts shooting, but the muscle guy could still win, that's the point, anyone could win, they just need to write who wins in an interesting way.

But they didn't.
>>
>>91015214
>>91015244
Anon, you're giving more thought on this than Rebecca and the others ever did or ever will. The main purpose of this episode was to show off Smoky Quartz an ugly obese landwhale to virtue signal how "alternative" figures can be cool or amazing too. It's all about their message of "body positivity".

That is the entire purpose of Steven Universe, to push all these agendas they have first and foremost before anything else.
>>
>>91015214
>>91015244
I agree Jackposter, but lazy writing and writers block were the reasons why Jasper was corrupted and shelved.
A true shame, no warrior should suffer a fate like that.
>>
>>91013533
>a different spectrum
Yeah, autism spectrum
>>
File: sallet.jpg (121KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
sallet.jpg
121KB, 1024x802px
>>91013216
yes she was, but is your own armor hard enough to hold back the hairy, blubbery, and unending tide of those who would say otherwise?

may god give you strength brother, I know we'll both need it
>>
>>91015393
to reddit with you my friend
>>
Just rewatched Know Your Fusion on a whim and earnestly appreciated them as a character. Cute jokes, pleasant personality. They're aesthetically muddled, but that's an acquired fusion skill.
>>
>>91013216
>mistake
is pushing an agendo so no
this is what the sjw want
Same people thank think being fatso is ok and people can't say anything about it
>>
>>91013216
SU was a mistake
>>
it's the fucking worst design
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.