[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, suppose you were tasked with bringing Booster Gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Booster_Gold_v.2_32_virgin.jpg (231KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Booster_Gold_v.2_32_virgin.jpg
231KB, 900x1369px
Gentlemen, suppose you were tasked with bringing Booster Gold to screen. DCEU or Arrowverse, it's your call... but Booster needs to be the lead and your goal is to turn a profit.

Ted is still in legal limbo, sorry.

What do?
>>
>>91011356
>DCEU or Arrowverse
Id rather have nothing.
>>
>>91011356
>Ted is still in legal limbo, sorry.

Then what's the fucking point?
>>
Don't hire Zack Snyder.
>>
>>91011356

Introduce him in Legends of Tomorrow to test the waters and make him the main focus of a two episode special where he establishes himself as a huge celebrity no one has ever heard of.

Lead in to his own series called Booster Gold where he doesn't travel through time but uses his knowledge of time to stop the bad guys with flashbacks to his life in the future where he nerds over heroes that he meets during his adventures.
>>
>>91011356
Series of 1-3 minute commercials on TV and before movies. Booster Gold is the salesman advertising DC movies, trailers and merchandise. Use a commercial budget and hire some cheap, but charismatic actor who looks the part.
Booster Gold is "canon" but doesn't show up in anything like the Marvel Netflix or AoS.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>91011356
They already did it.
>>
Just do his origin story, since it's pretty unique. Museum nightwatchmen from the future travels back in time with a robot full of history so he can fight crime for the sole purpose of becoming celebrity hero and establishing his own brand.

Throw in some conflic and in the last act he does genuinely heroic things, there's the Booster Gold movie.

Booster is a great character if WB wants to try and compete with Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool's tone
>>
>>91011356
I'd go Deadpool and just make an alt universe OR play fast and loose with the Supergirl U. First season is Booster and Beatle on the Justice League Z-Team doing the lamest of adventures. Maxwell Lord is a major character as the liaison for them and the JL and business buddy of Beatles, he's played as a legitimately decent person who see's superheroes as an imperfect plan to protect the world. He constantly schemes to get ahead in the JL organization but fails due to either the boys stupid antics or his own failings as a person. Batman shows up a few times, we get all the JLI too (fuck you we can have a TV Batman if we have a TV Superman). Season ended is JLI team up. I haven't read the run for like fucking years but I dunno Gray Man fight? Their isn't really a big bad in the first season, it's more episodic and about Booster and Beatles relationship and their relationship with other heroes. The mood stays pretty light but turns dark every once in awhile to keep you on your toes. Not super dark just moments that make Booster be like "fuck I actually need to be a hero because I can't let this ever happen".

Second season starts with "Fired" where they get booted from the Justice League. Second season flips the tables on the mood and it's pretty heavy as Beatle tries to find both Booster and his adventures and fails. This season has an undercurrent of "who is sabotaging our boys?" as a mystery. In the end it turns out Maxwell Lord threw in with Lex Luther in order to try and "fix the world". He's obviously heartbroken the boys won't join him, like a real sympathetic version rather than "hahaha I'm evil now" we got in the comics. Beatle gets blammed and Batman shows up after a season of him not taking the boys seriously and Booster is all "fuck you man" and heads off for parts unknown
>>
>>91013025
>>91011356
Season three it turns out parts Unknown was couch surfing on JLI members couches. Even worse he didn't even get to be part of the big punch up between the JL and Lex Luthor. He's basically pretending the last season didn't happen till Rip Hunter (with an American accent cause that's what I always heard him as) shows up and recruits him into helping fix time shit. In exchange he says he'll bring Beatle back. This we get a bunch fun adaptations of his post Infinite Crisis comic until we get the big mid season stinger that Rip lied. You can't change time, Beatle is dead forever. So obviously Booster knocks Rip out and steals his time machine (which is a bubble like the comics cause it's fucking silly and I love it). Thus we get bad end alt timeline where Luthor wins and the JL is defeated. Beatles alive tho and he's impressed by how smart and actually useful his bestie is. Together they defeat Luthor with the help of the JLI reunion but the worlds fucked and Booster knows it. Beatle tells him he's the best friend he could ever have and totally a better hero than Batman as he walks into the light. Now that Beatle is dead again the bad end fizzles out and suddenly he's back where he was at the start of the season. Couch surfing. By hey! We got time traveling Rip back! Rip tells Booster that he did this all cause he needed too, Booster is his dad and something needed to change him from joke to motherfucking time Lord. Booster gets his own time machine and heads off for Adventure! now that he's past his buddies death and past his need to be famous. Then we get a small glimpse of the future as old Booster shows kid Rip dinosaurs or something.

I dunno I'm tired
>>
>>91011439
>where he nerds over heroes that he meets during his adventures
I thought one of the central points in JLI was that Carter was barely historically literate which is why he pushed a broom in a museum for a living.
>>
>>91011356

>Ted is still in legal limbo, sorry.

>>91011395

DC owns Charlton, Ditko and Friedrich were clearly performing works for hire for Charlton. There's NO 'legal limbo.'

I think you're confusing the interest of having Ted Kord on the DCW Arrow tv show and/or the interest in doing a Booster/Beetle tv show for Sci-Fi with any interest in a live action theatrical feature.

In any event, there's no legal block to WB doing either a TV or cinematic version of the Ted Kord Blue Beetle.
>>
If Booster shows up on CW he'd have to be from Supergirl's Earth. He has a Legion flight ring and the Legion were inspired by Superman. But they'll really just have him come from some other random Earth and butcher his history to fit so I'd rather they just leave Booster alone until the Crisis.
>>
>>91013233
>was barely historically literate

Nope.

He was caught in a shave-pointing scandal while playing football. Ex-cons have a notoriously difficult time finding any kind of employment irrespective of eduction (Scott Lang as a mechanical engineer in Antman getting a gig at Baskin-Robins and still being fired is actually one of the most realistic things ever shown in the MCU).
>>
>>91011356
Cool so introduce him in a season long event where he comes back in time to get famous during the height of the golden age of super hero's.

but oh no! where is Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman, why is it just Flash and Green Arrow and why are they best buds?

Booster goes on a crusade to fix the fucked up timeline, notices the universe has been split from a previous crisis, tries to merge them back together, etc.

They merge partially with Supergirls universe and a few others, it becomes closer to the comics but Booster isn't satisfied since Batman and Wonder Woman are MIA.

Booster continues to try and fix things but other continuity nerds from other timelines show up to fuck him up since he's fucking with their continuity.

One of them is Braniac 5, he ends up dating Supergirl.

End of the season cliff hanger takes place in all 4 shows, DC 1 Million characters come back from the future to help stop a reality punching villain from wrecking the new merged universe, it's Supergirl Prime
>>
>>91011356
Aren't they avoiding using Green Lantern atm?
>>
>>91016506
/thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.